Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? (408 Views)

Does Divorce Happen Before Or During Marriage? / Woman Abandons Her Child At A Catholic Church In Delta (Photo) / 7 Tips To Avoid Unnecessary Add-on During Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? by vivysparkles(f): 6:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
Catholics in the house,

My fiance is 11 years younger than I am (32 vs 21). We live in the US but are planning to marry in portharcourt. Do they ask for age in marriage banns form? Should we lie about our age when filling out paperwork?

My parents aren't aware of the large age gap and we trying to avoid drama or embrassment for my parents
Re: Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? by Hayastark: 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
If age is asked it is for documentation not to discourage any party. You're encouraged to tell the truth and you will be spiritually guided
Re: Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? by Pious101: 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2021
vivysparkles:
Catholics in the house,

My fiance is 11 years younger than I am (32 vs 21). We live in the US but are planning to marry in portharcourt. Do they ask for age in marriage banns form? Should we lie about our age when filling out paperwork?

My parents aren't aware of the large age gap and we trying to avoid drama or embrassment for my parents
definitely it would be required for documentation purpose
Re: Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2021
They won't ask but you will fill it. By the way age is just a number
Re: Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? by Mindlog: 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2021
Since your baptismal card(s) will be required for documentation, your ages can't be hidden.

If you have to be secretive about your ages and already harbouring the thought of the possibility of lying to the Church about it, then I see red flags waving in that relationship.
Re: Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? by vivysparkles(f): 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2021
Mindlog:
Since your baptismal card(s) will be required for documentation, your ages can't be hidden.

If you have to be secretive about your ages and already harbouring the thought of the possibility of lying to the Church about it, then I see red flags waving in that relationship.

He's not Catholic and his baptismal card does not contain his age. My parents are dramatic so this is more for them vs us.
Re: Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? by Mindlog: 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2021
vivysparkles:

He's not Catholic and his baptismal card does not contain his age. My parents are dramatic so this is more for them vs us.

OK but I know date of birth will be needed for the purpose of documentation which I believe would be reflective on his ID (International passport) likewise if you 2 will be attending pre-marriage course.

(1) (Reply)

Am I Supposed To Do This? / Worry No More. Get Your Instant Loan Paid Into Your Account Within Hours. / Household Items For Sale ASAP Continue........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.