Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? (495 Views)

Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? / Why Do We Even Have Female Christians?? / Apostle Suleman Ministers In RCCG Redemption Camp. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Kalatium(m): 8:25am On Feb 21, 2021
“A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent” (1 Timothy 2:11–12)

While growing up i have always heard that women are never allowed to be preachers.

In the church, God assigns different roles to men and women. This is a result of the way mankind was created and the way in which sin entered the world (1 Timothy 2:13–14).

God, through the apostle Paul, restricts women from serving in roles of teaching and/or having spiritual authority over men. This precludes women from serving as pastors over men, which definitely includes preaching to them, teaching them publicly, and exercising spiritual authority over them.

However, i came to observe that there are quite a high number of female ministers like:

BISHOP MARGARET IDAHOSA

REV TOPE OGUNNOIKI

REV FUNKE ADETUBERU

REV HELEN UKPABIO

BISHOP TINA BAWA

BISHOP BOLA ODELEKE

PROPHETESS MARY OLUBORI

REV ESTHER AJAYI

PASTOR MARGARET AGBONIFO

APOSTLE NKECHI ILOPUTAIFE

I became perplexed.

Is it due to feminism?

Different bible interpretation or what?

So i want us to discuss this issue here. Why do we still have female ministers despite the bible being against it?

Cc
Lalasticlala
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Kalatium(m): 8:27am On Feb 21, 2021
I understand that there is no more hotly debated issue in the church today than the issue of women serving as pastors. As a result, it is very important to not see this issue as men versus women.

Mods pls move to FP
Lalasticlala, OAM4J
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Officialgarri: 8:27am On Feb 21, 2021
I don't have strength to debate this issue, but one thing is glaring in Christianity —we only use the part of the bible that doesn't stop us from doing what we feel like doing.

For example, when you ask questions about the "worldly and carnal" doctrine of a church, one common answer you will get is "Jesus Christ has made christianity easy so we do not follow the old laws i.e old testament but we now base Christianity on the new testament."

Ok fine, then why did we choose to keep tithing since it was a old testament practice?
Why do we choose to practice Shiloh yearly when it's an old testament practice?

Left to me, I enjoy watching the bum of my pastor anytime she faces the choir stall

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:28am On Feb 21, 2021
Though not all women ministers were truly chosen of God to lead His flock, there are those that God has indeed chosen. So any idea that women should never lead God's flock is not of God but of men.

God chose prophetess Deborah in the old times to lead His flock Israel. And that was a whole nation not just a church, and every man in Israel regardless of who he was, was under her leadership.

So God has not changed His ways for that was even before the coming and subsequent death of Jesus, when the woman was yet under the bondage sin brought upon her that her husband shall rule over her.

Now Jesus has set the woman free of that bondage of sin. And if the Son of Man has set the woman free, who can keep her in bondage?

Only the woman can keep herself in bondage if she doesn't yield herself continually to the Word of He that set her free as Mary did, but continue to sin.

But if she keeps the Word of God, that freedom which God has given to her, no man can take away from her.

God bless.
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:31am On Feb 21, 2021
Women pastors are badly needed. They may not be pastors but even teachers will be wonderful. The role of women needs a mentor as they are the one taking care of the family and their personal development and we all know that applied knowledge is Power
That's why we see so much satanic lifestyle in women because there are not enough mentors to guide them unlike men..
Pray for us for GOD to send more women labourers Into the harvest field
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by illicit(m): 8:35am On Feb 21, 2021
There is always an exception to every rule....

Why did David and his men eat the priests share

Why was Rehab used

Why was David spared for killing Uriah

Why did Moses perish

Who was Mary Magdalene....

Jesus Christs disciples were armed.

The Bible doesn't contain everything
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by paxonel(m): 8:37am On Feb 21, 2021
Kalatium:
“A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent” (1 Timothy 2:11–12)
why?

Is there any reason Paul gave to this?
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by ABOVEDELAW: 11:31am On Feb 21, 2021
How many times have you kept these laws?

Don’t have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don’t wear clothes made of more than one fabric. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don’t cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheateth on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10)

If a man lieth with another man, both must be killed. (Leviticus 20:13)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16)

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be “cut off from their people.” (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, witches and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest’s daughter is a LovePeddler, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or are blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God. (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

From the book of Deuteronomy:

Anyone who dreameth or prophesieth anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

If anyone, even your own family, suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of its inhabitants, even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-16)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

Women are not allowed to wear the clothing of men and men are not allowed to wear the clothing of women (Deuteronomy 22:5)
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2021
They have NOTHING to do with Christianity, it is not negotiable it's either you take it or leave it!

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob never appointed a female as priest inside his Temple of course there were females assisting in priests like Jephthah's daughter. But they're not to officiate over the males in God's Temple.
In line with the same pattern Jesus chose 12 Apostles (overseers) all males, so when Paul who was chosen by Jesus to take Christianity to other nations wrote letters to them he made it clear that women are not to lead men during worship, angels know the gender God first made and that's the one to lead during worship not the gender made to compliment the main image of God (man) 1Corinthians 11:3-10 compare to 1Corinthians 14:33-35; 1Timothy 2:11-12

All those who go against this arrangement are workers of LAWLESSNESS (INIQUITY) Matthew 7:21-23

So anyone who truly want Jesus' approval must avoid gathering with such lawless ones! Psalms 1:1

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

Kalatium:
I understand that there is no more hotly debated issue in the church today than the issue of women serving as pastors. As a result, it is very important to not see this issue as men versus women.
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by budaatum: 11:12pm On Feb 21, 2021
What absolute nonsense. I carry your stupid ass in my womb and you want to be dictating this stupid archaic rubbish to me at a time when I'm ruling nations and WTO and World Bank etc?

I blame myself for not educating you in the proper way to go when my tit was in your mouth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Kalatium(m): 8:15am On Apr 18, 2021
budaatum:
What absolute nonsense. I carry your stupid ass in my womb and you want to be dictating this stupid archaic rubbish to me at a time when I'm ruling nations and WTO and World Bank etc?

I blame myself for not educating you in the proper way to go when my tit was in your mouth!
don't you think this language is too rascal and outlandish
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Kalatium(m): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
They have NOTHING to do with Christianity, it is not negotiable it's either you take it or leave it!

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob never appointed a female as priest inside his Temple of course there were females assisting in priests like Jephthah's daughter. But they're not to officiate over the males in God's Temple.
In line with the same pattern Jesus chose 12 Apostles (overseers) all males, so when Paul who was chosen by Jesus to take Christianity to other nations wrote letters to them he made it clear that women are not to lead men during worship, angels know the gender God first made and that's the one to lead during worship not the gender made to compliment the main image of God (man) 1Corinthians 11:3-10 compare to 1Corinthians 14:33-35; 1Timothy 2:11-12

All those who go against this arrangement are workers of LAWLESSNESS (INIQUITY) Matthew 7:21-23

So anyone who truly want Jesus' approval must avoid gathering with such lawless ones! Psalms 1:1

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

I concur
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Kalatium(m): 8:18am On Apr 18, 2021
ABOVEDELAW:
How many times have you kept these laws?

Don’t have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don’t wear clothes made of more than one fabric. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don’t cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheateth on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10)

If a man lieth with another man, both must be killed. (Leviticus 20:13)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16)

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be “cut off from their people.” (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, witches and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest’s daughter is a LovePeddler, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or are blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God. (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

From the book of Deuteronomy:

Anyone who dreameth or prophesieth anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

If anyone, even your own family, suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of its inhabitants, even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-16)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

Women are not allowed to wear the clothing of men and men are not allowed to wear the clothing of women (Deuteronomy 22:5)

these are old covenant between God and Israel not God and Christians
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Kalatium(m): 8:18am On Apr 18, 2021
paxonel:
why?
Is there any reason Paul gave to this?
yes he gave a reason read your Bible
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Kalatium(m): 8:22am On Apr 18, 2021
Officialgarri:
I don't have strength to debate this issue, but one thing is glaring in Christianity —we only use the part of the bible that doesn't stop us from doing what we feel like doing.

For example, when you ask questions about the "worldly and carnal" doctrine of a church, one common answer you will get is "Jesus Christ has made christianity easy so we do not follow the old laws i.e old testament but we now base Christianity on the new testament."

Ok fine, then why did we choose to keep tithing since it was a old testament practice?
Why do we choose to practice Shiloh yearly when it's an old testament practice?

Left to me, I enjoy watching the bum of my pastor anytime she faces the choir stall

lol at bolded.

But restricting women from preaching is not an old testament issue but that of new testament.
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by budaatum: 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kalatium:

don't you think this language is too rascal and outlandish

Don't you think your attempt to control buda is outlandish?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11334164_notablestrongwoman7_jpeg6a2e8ee6cdb91b11ee5138aad8838ff0
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Kobojunkiee: 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kalatium:
While growing up i have always heard that women are never allowed to be preachers.
In the church, God assigns different roles to men and women. This is a result of the way mankind was created and the way in which sin entered the world (1 Timothy 2:13–14).
God, through the apostle Paul, restricts women from serving in roles of teaching and/or having spiritual authority over men. This precludes women from serving as pastors over men, which definitely includes preaching to them, teaching them publicly, and exercising spiritual authority over them.
However, i came to observe that there are quite a high number of female ministers like:
Is it due to feminism?
Different bible interpretation or what?
So i want us to discuss this issue here. Why do we still have female ministers despite the bible being against it?
Jesus Christ warned you all against these doctrines and traditions of men , which He declared were lies designed to leave you all cursed since such only serve to nullify the power of God in your lives, rendering your worship of Him meaningless and worthless. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, in His Kingdom, there are no Male or Female, black or white, Old or Young, Mexican or Asian.., etc. Instead there are only children of God, and Jesus Christ is the one and only Teacher/Master and Shepherd over them all. undecided

Any doctrine that teaches anything contrary to that which has been declared by the Master is against Him and so against God. undecided
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Kobojunkiee: 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kalatium:

lol at bolded.

But restricting women from preaching is not an old testament issue but that of new testament.
It isn't new testament issue but an "opinion of men" type issue which Jesus Christ already made know to His followers as being simply worthless to pursue. undecided
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Kalatium(m): 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Jesus Christ warned you all against these doctrines and traditions of men , which He declared were lies designed to leave you all cursed since such only serve to nullify the power of God in your lives, rendering your worship of Him meaningless and worthless. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, in His Kingdom, there are no Male or Female, black or white, Old or Young, Mexican or Asian.., etc. Instead there are only children of God, and Jesus Christ is the one and only Teacher/Master and Shepherd over them all. undecided

Any doctrine that teaches anything contrary to that which has been declared by the Master is against Him and so against God. undecided
so you mean Paul letter is a doctrine contrary to Christ
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by perezeghi: 7:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kalatium:

Interesting how we use words.

Christians claim Abraham's blessings are theirs too; so was Abraham a Christian?
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Kobojunkiee: 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kalatium:

so you mean Paul letter is a doctrine contrary to Christ
We are not called to become Paulians, that's for sure. We are instead called to become followers of Jesus Christ - CHRISTians - and in His Kingdom, there are no men women, no yorubas or ibos, no black or white, no Methodist or Baptist, no old or young undecided
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by Kobojunkiee: 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kalatium:

You are right that they are all Ood Covenant rules that pertain to those who are of the blood of Jacob. And what Paul supposedly offers even in his epistles happens to be drawn from that too and not from the teachings of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant. undecided
Re: Why Do We Still Have Female Ministers In Church ? by perezeghi: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
[quote author=Kalatium post=99274799] “A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent” (1 Timothy 2:11–12)

What happens in a situation where there are no men who can teach or preach sound doctrine; what happens?

(1) (Reply)

The Tea Of The Gods / Prayer Time - Breaking Ancestral Stronghold Bu Pastor D.K. Olukoya / 31 Yrs Of Madness Given Complete Technical Knockout ( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.