Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,441 members, 7,954,744 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:22 AM

Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash (58585 Views)

9 Presidents Who Died In Air Crash / Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos / Lion Air Crash: Why Recovering Plane From Sea Floor Will Be Such A Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by htdot: 9:19am On Feb 22, 2021
9jaRealist:

Because they carry so much highly-inflammable aviation fuel...

Given the brevity of its flight, even if the pilot was dumping fuel there would still be a substantial amount left in the tank.
>
I thought paraffin is heavier than petrol
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by NOwazobia: 9:20am On Feb 22, 2021
My condolence is with their loved ones. Understanding the workings and depht of life will make us dogde many anomalies.
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by WhiteGoldz: 9:21am On Feb 22, 2021
He should have landed on trees,why didnt god make us all as huge as beasts like a bear size. Why make us so tiny,
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by mastercee(m): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2021
LokoH:
I am yet to decide if they will rest in piss

You decide how people rest after their death?
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by 9jaRealist: 9:23am On Feb 22, 2021
Map1:
Nigerians are too emotional,if you wish them rest in peace does that mean they will rest in peace, and if you don't wish them to rest in peace does that mean they wouldn't rest in peace? I only pity there family because Nigeria government will never do anything to make their life better by then they will know the difference

”Rest in peace” is not a peculiarly Nigerian saying or invention...
Rather, it (or some form of it) is merely a RESPECTFUL (and APPROPRIATE) comment in these circumstances across the world.

>

2 Likes

Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Jerryherd: 9:25am On Feb 22, 2021
Jalaw:

Where did you read that?

First Account of an eye witness on twitter
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by SatanicPriest: 9:25am On Feb 22, 2021
they died because of negligence from the nigerian govt
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by DaddyRochie1642: 9:26am On Feb 22, 2021
stupidmod2:
what a selfish prayer

Don't go and pray for yourself you hear grin

1 Like

Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Sailorsoldier1: 9:27am On Feb 22, 2021
LokoH:
ur decision does not matter bro...believe me on this.
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by 9jaRealist: 9:28am On Feb 22, 2021
debola33:
My worry is that were there parachute in that plane? Believed that could have saved them from crashing with the plane

Unlikely. It’s not a combat aircraft and these servicemen were not paratroopers...
>
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by majamajic(m): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2021
9jaRealist:

Because they carry so much highly-inflammable aviation fuel...

Given the brevity of its flight, even if the pilot was dumping fuel there would still be a substantial amount left in the tank.
>

There might be some survivors , cos he was almost approaching the runway . But cos he was still all the takeoff fuel intact , that's why the impact was much as this .
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Thryphosa(m): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2021
Omorodion93:
The headline should have been "Why we COULDN'T rescue victims of Abuja air crash"

You're correct.

1 Like

Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by delpee(f): 9:29am On Feb 22, 2021
Viknat:
remember the pilot was a Nigerian pilot and not chesley sullenberger who landed a big, full aeroplane on the river,when he knew the rate of descent wouldn't make it possible to get to the closest airport after both engines failed. I still remember his communication with ground, very calm, confident, when he requested coastguard to move to River Hudson with 155 Passengers. Just imagine such incident happened on Nigeria and plane flown by a Nigerian pilot

I remember that a Nigerian pilot managed to avoid heavy casualties while crashlanding in Ikeja which is densely populated. We have good pilots. Circumstances differ.

1 Like

Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Moneymagnet24(m): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2021
All man for himself.
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:32am On Feb 22, 2021
Tinubu be warned undecided
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Geeweez: 9:33am On Feb 22, 2021
Money for the maintenance of the aircraft must have been eaten by a high ranked officer and other officials.

1 Like

Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 22, 2021
There's poverty in the land. Villagers were trying to rove the shoes of the dead officers before soldiers chased them away.
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by seyz91(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2021
grin
LokoH:
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Map1(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2021
9jaRealist:

”Rest in peace” is not a peculiarly Nigerian saying or invention...
Rather, it (or some form of it) is merely a RESPECTFUL (and APPROPRIATE) comment in these circumstances across the world.

>
our wishes has nothing to do with dead person so it add no value bro
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by oglalasioux(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2021
This heading should read; 'Why we couldn't rescue' not didn't rescue.

1 Like

Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by MHOOZEES(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2021
RIP
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Dpeachi: 9:37am On Feb 22, 2021
Rip to the departed.
I think this death could have been prevented if the maintenance department did their job. probably the aircraft wasn't checked properly before take.
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by ayusco85(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2021
Viknat:
remember the pilot was a Nigerian pilot and not chesley sullenberger who landed a big, full aeroplane on the river,when he knew the rate of descent wouldn't make it possible to get to the closest airport after both engines failed. I still remember his communication with ground, very calm, confident, when he requested coastguard to move to River Hudson with 155 Passengers. Just imagine such incident happened on Nigeria and plane flown by a Nigerian pilot

I don't know why people always compare Nigeria with other advanced countries
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by seyz91(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2021
Pray not to be in an Emergency situation like that

Sadly spectators are better players than Footballers on pitch themselves
majamajic:
Fuel was still intact

The pilot should have started dumping out fuel Immediately before returning back to the airport , from the result it shows he came back with all the takeoff fuel

1 Like

Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by heendrix(m): 9:45am On Feb 22, 2021
Viknat:

Are you dumb or just stupid?? so because he wasn't able to Land on some waterbody makes him less professional to a Foreign pilot?? Idiots like you are so Blind to the fact that he was professional enough to crash land the Plane on a Sparsely populated area thus reducing ground casualty effect. Or ur dumb self thinks Abuja is the SS where you virtually find water bodies every nooks and crannies

If at all you plan the whole day to remain senseless all ur life atleast save urself some days and disappoint urself to be sensible undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Topmaike007(m): 9:46am On Feb 22, 2021
Mokason288:
NOBODY DEY HELP ANYBODY AGAIN FOR THIS BUHARI REGIME

I HOPE I MADE SENSE
you no make any sense
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 22, 2021
thesicilian:

Thankfully it's not your decision to make. Second, their fates were already sealed the moment they died.
Louder!

1 Like

Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Iatrogen: 9:48am On Feb 22, 2021
JosEast:

https://dailytrust.com/witness-why-we-didnt-rescue-victims-of-abuja-air-crash

Why always airforce crashing their jets and not Airpeace, Arik, Dana or Aero?

Could it be quack airforce officers that are in charge if these jets?
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Harryveli: 9:48am On Feb 22, 2021
May there souls rest in peace with the Lord Amen
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 22, 2021
heendrix:

Are you dumb or just stupid?? so because he wasn't able to Land on some waterbody makes him less professional to a Foreign pilot?? Idiots like you are so Blind to the fact that he was professional enough to crash land the Plane on Sparsely populated area thus reducing ground casualty effect. Or ur dumb self thinks Abuja is the SS where you virtually find water bodies every nook

If at all you plan the whole day to remain senseless all ur life atleast save urself some days and dissapoint urself to be sensible undecided
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by BOBBYNIGUESZ(m): 9:50am On Feb 22, 2021
Hard pill to swallow. May their soul Rest In Peace... Amen �
Emu4life:
The pilot is a hero, he maneuvered the crashing plane away from residential area into the bush. RIP
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 22, 2021
heendrix:

Are you dumb or just stupid?? so because he wasn't able to Land on some waterbody makes him less professional to a Foreign pilot?? Idiots like you are so Blind to the fact that he was professional enough to crash land the Plane on a Sparsely populated area thus reducing ground casualty effect. Or ur dumb self thinks Abuja is the SS where you virtually find water bodies every nooks and crannies

If at all you plan the whole day to remain senseless all ur life atleast save urself some days and disappoint urself to be sensible undecided
I didn't ask to be insulted by u.remember I bleeped your mum last night. I am off this discussion with a cretin. My last response.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Private Jet With VIPs Onboard Crash-Lands In Ibadan / Nigeria’s First ‘Airport Wedding’ At Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal 2 / The Number Of Private Jets In Nigeria - NCAA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.