Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:20 PM

Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash (58594 Views)

9 Presidents Who Died In Air Crash / Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos / Lion Air Crash: Why Recovering Plane From Sea Floor Will Be Such A Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by FirePower1(m): 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2021
Human advancement is still a lot far behind. They had about nine whole minutes between engine failure and the crash and the lives of those on board could not be snatched from death. I can only imagine what went on in their minds for those precious nine minutes. Give your life to Jesus Christ now, the next moment might be too late.
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by HBB1(m): 12:45pm On Feb 22, 2021
salvation77177:

He probably thought he could manoeuver his way back to the airport. If he had dumped the fuel immediately the aircraft engine problem, he would have crashed in residential area.
I was also a victim of such occurrence once while flying out to offshore platform. Immediately the aircraft raised an egiine problem alarm, the pilot quickly manoeuvred and flew for about ten more minutes before landing safely at the brass terminal. The pilot is trained but he is a human being and no human is perfect. He did his best he could but the aircraft crashed.
May God give the family they left behind the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

Abi o!

Thank you my brother!

I tire for all these armchair Pilots!
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by HBB1(m): 12:53pm On Feb 22, 2021
Viknat:
I will respect my own when I stop being truthful and objective

Do you know how many American Military Aircraft have crashed and the consequent loss of life?

When you don't Value your own, is it Oyinbo that will respect you?
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by thesicilian: 12:57pm On Feb 22, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Actually our fates are already sealed once we are born.
That's an interesting point of view. Does that mean that all our struggles on this earth are essentially pointless?
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by thesicilian: 12:59pm On Feb 22, 2021
Heterodox:
There's no fate after death. If you're talking about hell.
So it's straight into oblivion? That would not be fair on the ones who go through untold discomfort in order to make lives better for others.
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Tillatalk: 1:09pm On Feb 22, 2021
Oh God I wonder their reactions when the aircraft was dropping down to crashed
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Kalapizim(m): 1:11pm On Feb 22, 2021
Viknat:
remember the pilot was a Nigerian pilot and not chesley sullenberger who landed a big, full aeroplane on the river,when he knew the rate of descent wouldn't make it possible to get to the closest airport after both engines failed. I still remember his communication with ground, very calm, confident, when he requested coastguard to move to River Hudson with 155 Passengers. Just imagine such incident happened on Nigeria and plane flown by a Nigerian pilot. That's d plane in the river and in d museum. No time. This is my human role model, not our useless pot belly bastard politicians and governor's. This is sullenberger, very calm, unassuming, extremely intelligent.
An air force helicopter was skillfully ditched in water by the pilot but you won't see that one abi
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by udatso: 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2021
JosEast:

https://dailytrust.com/witness-why-we-didnt-rescue-victims-of-abuja-air-crash
A more appropriate headline would be Why we Couldn't Rescue The Victims of Abuja Air Crash
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2021
thesicilian:

That's an interesting point of view. Does that mean that all our struggles on this earth are essentially pointless?

Even though I believe that our fates are sealed at birth, no one actually knows what it is. If you believe that you destiny is to be rich, famous, successful, very influencial or game changing, then you will work hard with the full confidence that you will get there irrespective of the magnitude of any setbacks. People like that keep on going till its physically or mentally impossible for them to do so. Remember companies like KFC, Mcdonald, Home Depot were started by people who were above 50 years.
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by marvin905(m): 1:33pm On Feb 22, 2021
Eriokanmi:
you made sense. Did you know a similar incident happened yesterday (same day) In Denver, Colorado? Part of the failed engine even dropped on a neighbouring building but the pilot managed to get back to the airport safely, a few minutes after take off. All the NAF personnel need to be going out for simulation courses but never! The level of corruption is so high. Maybe had that brave girl killed last year in person of Arotile been alive she could have piloted that jet and made it back safely to the airport the moment that engine failed. See how they wasted that girl who would have been useful yesterday.

Your a big fool

Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by luluman: 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2021
LokoH:
I am yet to decide if they will rest in piss
They are resting already...don't need your prayers
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by obidaddy: 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2021
majamajic:
Fuel was still intact

The pilot should have started dumping out fuel Immediately before returning back to the airport , from the result it shows he came back with all the takeoff fuel

I doubt this kind of aircraft had ability to do emergency fuel dumping airborne.
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Heterodox(m): 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2021
thesicilian:

So it's straight into oblivion? That would not be fair on the ones who go through untold discomfort in order to make lives better for others.
Nope, they journey higher towards purity. They may reincarnate in another planet, universe or this earth again, in a better position. But never in one worst than their previous status.
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by Vokians(m): 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2021
May the souls of the victims rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by temblor1(m): 10:36pm On Feb 22, 2021
majamajic:
Fuel was still intact

The pilot should have started dumping out fuel Immediately before returning back to the airport , from the result it shows he came back with all the takeoff fuel
Not all aircrafts dump fuel.
Re: Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash by ayusco85(m): 12:05am On Feb 23, 2021
Viknat:
k lemme xplain y. Here in Nigeria, we don't get ourselves prepared cos of corruption. I wish you are aware of monies released and stolen for aircraft maintenance, diagnostics, and further training.

There is no basis for comparison

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Private Jet With VIPs Onboard Crash-Lands In Ibadan / Nigeria’s First ‘Airport Wedding’ At Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal 2 / The Number Of Private Jets In Nigeria - NCAA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.