Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) (3488 Views)

Federal High Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions / People Pay Millions To Have My Body Now - Anita Joseph (photos) / Tekno: "I Didn't Go To School But Have Millions" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) by olufemi7onifade: 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2021
Lalastic move to front Page!

This is a serious news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) by olufemi7onifade: 5:45pm On Feb 22, 2021
budaatum:
This thread seems stupid and irresponsible! When did adultery become a crime in Nigeria that the adulterer must now pay a fine?

I need more evidence for this please!

Am a Lawyer, the Judgement for a fine of N5m to Daddy Freeze is in order, This is based on the locus classicus case as elaborated below.

[/b]Damages for Adultery[b]
Adultery is a criminal offence under the Penal Code of Northern Nigeria. Section 387 and 388 stipulate imprisonment for two years, and/or with a fine for adultery. It is not prosecuted under the Criminal Code of the Lagos State of Nigeria. However, it provides for redress if a spouse can prove that adultery occurred.

For instance, section 15(2)(b) of the Matrimonial Causes Act states that: “ The court hearing a petition for a decree of dissolution of a marriage shall hold the marriage to have broken down irretrievably if the respondent has committed adultery and the petitioner finds it intolerable to live with the respondent”

Adultery will only be a ground for divorce if the spouse finds it intolerable. Where the spouse condones the act, the court will not terminate the marriage, as held in Alabi v. Alabi.

Section 31 of the Matrimonial Causes Act further provides that a party to a marriage can claim damages for adultery if such an act is not condoned and was not perpetrated for up to three years before such a claim is made.

Damages for adultery are compensatory. In awarding damages for adultery, the court considers the following:

The loss suffered by the petitioner
Injury to petitioner’s honor and feelings.
Hurt to family life.
Value of the adulterous spouse to the claimant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) by budaatum: 5:58pm On Feb 22, 2021
olufemi7onifade:

Am a Lawyer, the Judgement for a fine of N5m to Daddy Freeze is in order, This is based on the locus classicus case as elaborated below.

Damages for Adultery
Adultery is a criminal offence under the Penal Code of Northern Nigeria. Section 387 and 388 stipulate imprisonment for two years, and/or with a fine for adultery. It is not prosecuted under the Criminal Code of the Lagos State of Nigeria. However, it provides for redress if a spouse can prove that adultery occurred.

Wow! Thanks for the education. You mentioned "it is not prosecuted under the Criminal Code of the Lagos State of Nigeria" but redress can be sort, which makes it sound like a civil case. Is adultery not a crime in Lagos and Southern Nigeria?
Re: Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:28pm On Feb 22, 2021
Righteousness2:
Wonderment From the Chief adviser of the Sheeples and Chief Confusionists of young men and women.

In this Privileged life Here on Earth, be careful with what you give yourself unto!
When we have Challenges with Man we run to GOD for Help.
When you have Challenges with GOD, even your Helpers will be Crushed!

Freeze Go and cry to GOD for Mercy! You Have led so many people astray ! Go and Cry to GOD for Mercy and lead the people back to GOD.

Excellent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) by TruthHurts1(m): 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2021
Enlighten yourself before you embarass yourself.
In Law there is civil and criminal law.
Marriage matters fall under civil law and in civil law you can be asked to pay damages for causing psychological, emotional or physical injury to someone.

When damages are awarded it is seen as a compensation for the wounded party (in this case, the man whose wife fathered a child with another man) and not a punishment.

budaatum:
This thread seems stupid and irresponsible! When did adultery become a crime in Nigeria that the adulterer must now pay a fine?

Re: Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) by budaatum: 10:17pm On Feb 22, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Enlighten yourself before you embarass yourself.
In Law there is civil and criminal law.
Marriage matters fall under civil law and in civil law you can be asked to pay damages for causing psychological, emotional or physical injury to someone.

When damages are awarded it is seen as a compensation for the wounded party (in this case, the man whose wife fathered a child with another man) and not a punishment.

There is no embarrassment in asking when one does not know, as you may have noted if you had read further. The op did not make it clear Freeze lost a civil case, and in fact made it sound like he was found guilty of a crime.

budaatum:
Wow! Thanks for the education. You mentioned "it is not prosecuted under the Criminal Code of the Lagos State of Nigeria" but redress can be sort, which makes it sound like a civil case. Is adultery not a crime in Lagos and Southern Nigeria?

buda forgives your hastiness.
Re: Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) by jesmond3945: 11:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
budaatum:

are you married?
Re: Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) by budaatum: 11:18pm On Feb 22, 2021
jesmond3945:
are you married?

I used to be. But that is irrelevant.
Re: Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) by jesmond3945: 11:21pm On Feb 22, 2021
budaatum:

I used to be. But that is irrelevant.
if a man sleeps with your wife and impersonates you as the father of your kids won't you take him to court?
Re: Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) by budaatum: 11:30pm On Feb 22, 2021
jesmond3945:
if a man sleeps with your wife and impersonates you as the father of your kids won't you take him to court?
No! Assuming I'm a man that is, and my wife was not raped. I'd be more pissed off at my wife for sleeping with the man, but would eventually ask myself why I could not satisfy my wife so she must look for satisfaction elsewhere! And if that man is impersonating as the father of my kids I will wonder why my kids did not say he is not their father.

Same applies if my husband sleeps with another woman, just so we are clear. They can have one another.
Re: Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) by greenmonk: 4:31am On Feb 23, 2021
budaatum:

Yeah, but for adultery? I doubt it and would love more info. If it's true, the courts will be very busy indeed.

Wrong does not mean its a crime.
Did anyone say it is a criminal Case.
This is a civil case and they're paying for damages.
Damaging the husband's life and giving him hypertension.
Re: Court Found Daddy Freeze Guilty, Ordered To Pay Millions (video) by CrocodileTears: 10:02am On Feb 23, 2021
budaatum:

No! Assuming I'm a man that is, and my wife was not raped. I'd be more pissed off at my wife for sleeping with the man, but would eventually ask myself why I could not satisfy my wife so she must look for satisfaction elsewhere! And if that man is impersonating as the father of my kids I will wonder why my kids did not say he is not their father.

Same applies if my husband sleeps with another woman, just so we are clear. They can have one another.

@budaatum, Children get brainwashed & intimidated and can be helpless. More reason to go to court. In any case, as this case shows, the law allows both adulterers to be held accountable and the punishment for the woman is that she did not win custody of the children. The Judge in the case is in fact a woman'

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wat About The Father Of Genevieve's Child / Is Pregnant Kim Kardashian’s Travelling Too Much? / PHOTO: Patrick Schwarzenegger Is Taking After His Bodybuilder Dad :P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.