Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:31 AM

139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) (72345 Views)

630sqm land with old house @demurin road ketu for sale N40m / Old House On 816sqm Plot Of Land Facing Badore Road,ajah / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by Polynek(m): 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2021
Woow, am very surprised to see Dix,
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 10:00pm On Feb 24, 2021
cheesy cheesy Preservation is very important, the feeling of the old, while in the new era, which is like a sense of securing roots
shogotermies:
That 200,000 usd could build another house.

Modified.
Pls to those quoting me
200'000 could build another house doesn't mean, I wanted them to destroy the property. But I wonder how they spend so much money to preserve culture and their heritage, while Nigeria we have lost ours.
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 10:07pm On Feb 24, 2021
This iz madness although most of their houses where made of woods with steel skeleton & foundation.
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by Btruth: 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
This Explorers gan self!
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by PervertProphet: 10:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
Efewestern:
I notice houses built in the west last very long. Hardly will you find a house this aged in Nigeria still standing tall.

The 80years old building in my town is almost dead, how do they do it? What are we not doing?

Brains.

The difference between these whites and us. They make use of it. We don't over here. We are mere copycats. We have a very long way to go.
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by emmyN(m): 10:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
Imagine doing that in Nigeria with potholes laden roads and NEPA wires crisscrossing over the place cheesy.
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by PervertProphet: 10:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
mmadu4:
chai see better client/mugu

Na you be the original mugu. That's what all you blacks think. Steal, steal and consume the white man's products. Producers of nothing valuable just thieves and you think they are the mugus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by xcelentattitude(m): 10:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Only God knows how many years it took them to plan this

Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by Thefxchanger: 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
This obviously isn’t your normal brick and block houses with foundation in the ground ...

It’s simply one of this makeshift houses built with metal containers ...

It’s senseless for anyone to think a block built house with foundation in the ground can be uprooted without the whole house falling into pieces
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by mmadu4: 12:02am On Feb 25, 2021
PervertProphet:

Na you be the original mugu. That's what all you blacks think. Steal, steal and consume the white man's products. Producers of nothing valuable just thieves and you think they are the mugus.

go sit down for gutter mr man.
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by calcal: 1:11am On Feb 25, 2021
shogotermies:
That 200,000 usd could build another house.

Modified.
Pls to those quoting me
200'000 could build another house doesn't mean, I wanted them to destroy the property. But I wonder how they spend so much money to preserve culture and their heritage, while Nigeria we have lost ours.

You right, they have value, but we are a slave to money here.
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by fkj950ax(m): 1:12am On Feb 25, 2021
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by ejanla077: 2:14am On Feb 25, 2021
somehow:

This amount can't build another house of this status.

I wonder the kind of house it will even build in the US.

Even in the USA 200,000 usd is huge money and can comfortably build bigger and better house than the one in the picture

1 Like

Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by Uglygurl(f): 2:20am On Feb 25, 2021
bikonu no vex,make I ask something.
The house no get foundation abi na container/wood dem use build am because me,I am not understanding �
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:55am On Feb 25, 2021
massive
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by pacespot(m): 4:02am On Feb 25, 2021
I first saw this in China, if they can just permit me, I will request for me sleeping inside my bedroom while being transported on truck grin. Technology is a babe, but I don't think this is possible in our Nigerian kind of house?
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by pacespot(m): 4:17am On Feb 25, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Mainwhile in 1882, this is where Africans were living grin

Even in 2021, many of them are still living in that same hut.

No improvement whatsoever grin grin

Stop denegrating yourself grin
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by pacespot(m): 4:19am On Feb 25, 2021
sonnie10:

That is why powertrain output of motor vehicle is measured in horsepower

I wonder how horses are so powerful, can a lion kill a horse? Though both of them don't often share an habitat
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by ofiko123(m): 7:09am On Feb 25, 2021
Nice.... Innovation at it's peak..
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by simplemay: 7:17am On Feb 25, 2021
wow n the house still looks goods
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by Harrynight(m): 7:23am On Feb 25, 2021
wisino1:
According to the consultant overseeing the project, the move cost approximately $200,000 and involved removing street lights, parking meters, and utility lines........just imagine if it was to be Nigeria that $200,000 dollars will be for the payment of committee members to look into the possibility of moving the house to a new location,then another $200,000 dollars for the part payment of consultants to design the route it will pass

the move cost approximately $400'000 not 200k
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by ndat(m): 7:35am On Feb 25, 2021
Elsanchez:
Power of technology

Over hear, we are being dragged back to precolonial era

due to one man's ineptitude

I vow to resist
On the contrary, it's our in ability to invest in human development. A country where average citizen at the age of 30 doesn't know his/her bearing in life....hence our continue backwardness.

1 Like

Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by Gombecity8866: 8:09am On Feb 25, 2021
old news
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by ejanla077: 8:09am On Feb 25, 2021
pacespot:

I wonder how horses are so powerful, can a lion kill a horse? Though both of them don't often share an habitat
lion is more powerful than horse. It cant be tamed
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by IgboWarlord(m): 8:28am On Feb 25, 2021
Thats because they build pre fabricated houses over there,no be us wey dey mount our house inside ground..Infact,in Naija,the house is the land and the land is the house. grin grin..Try moving a cement and steel house from PH to Aba...
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by Brian47(m): 9:23am On Feb 25, 2021
Efewestern:
I notice houses built in the west last very long. Hardly will you find a house this aged in Nigeria still standing tall.

The 80years old building in my town is almost dead, how do they do it? What are we not doing?

I think they use wood to build their houses and not cement blocks
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by Brian47(m): 9:25am On Feb 25, 2021
Uglygurl:
bikonu no vex,make I ask something.
The house no get foundation abi na container/wood dem use build am because me,I am not understanding �

In the US, they mostly use wood to build houses.

1 Like

Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by Brian47(m): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2021
Thefxchanger:
This obviously isn’t your normal brick and block houses with foundation in the ground ...

It’s simply one of this makeshift houses built with metal containers ...

It’s senseless for anyone to think a block built house with foundation in the ground can be uprooted without the whole house falling into pieces

In the US they mostly use wood to build their houses.
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by hotplate: 9:37am On Feb 25, 2021
these house are just like cara van mostly use by shop owners in Nigeria, so nothing is innovative here let them move brick house first lets see how possible it is
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by Excuses: 9:57am On Feb 25, 2021
Elsanchez:
Power of technology

Over hear, we are being dragged back to precolonial era

due to one man's ineptitude

I vow to resist

Am sorry young man life is not fare to every body..get used to it. And if, one man's ineptitude is the result or inability for you to achieve your dreams then again it's petty .But it's funny how one man has been impacting your life for generations.

Dont let people pity for you, you may gain sympathy but at the same time live at their mercy. it's a pathetic way to life..I believe you can do better!
Re: 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) by Elsanchez: 10:28am On Feb 25, 2021
Excuses:

Am sorry young man life is not fare to every body..get used to it. And if, one man's ineptitude is the result or inability for you to achieve your dreams then again it's petty .But it's funny how one man has been impacting your life for generations.

Dont let people pity for you, you may gain sympathy but at the same time live at their mercy. it's a pathetic way to life..I believe you can do better!

Mr man, its not about me achieving my dreams or looking for sympathy

I dont even need the government before i can eat or cloth, in fact it is the government that needs my money (tax) to stay alive

Its about the basic human requirement i.e security of lives and property, quality education, roads, electricity etc

Can i achieve my dreams if there is no security of life?

Your statement is a failed attempt to masquerade the in concealable truth that you are a paid APC apologist otherwise know as BMC crew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Shares Photos Of An Apartment Of N700K He Checked Out In Ibadan / Get Any Floor Plan For Free HERE / Femi Osibona Arrested In 2020 For Resisting Sealing Ikoyi Building (Throwback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.