Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,373 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Do You Know That New Car Smell Can Kill You? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Know That New Car Smell Can Kill You? (507 Views)

Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It / 6 Of The Most Expensive Car Paint Options That Can Buy A New Car / Lady Buys A New Car To Celebrate Her 24th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know That New Car Smell Can Kill You? by Dorabolaji: 3:49am On Feb 23, 2021
Many would kill to have that new car smell. It is often said that the smell is ubiquitous. It is a mixture of chemicals from foams, adhesives and fabrics in your vehicle. It will also interest you to know that people go out to purchase some designated air fresheners to give them that smell of a brand new car. What we are about to tell you might dampen your mood and crush your excitement towards a brand new car smell embarassed.

First, before we go right into it, it is important you know that such smell is a product of the general term “Off-grassing”. These chemicals associated with the inside of the car with time find their way slowly into the air though this process. This is why you perceive this smell in brand new cars.

A recent study conducted by David C.Volz and Aalekhya Reddam from the University of California Riverside, is targeted at the stage at which exposure of people to carcinogens will exceed the safety zone. Their research is based on the time people spend inside their vehicles on trips and also what they got in their previous study on detectable chemicals in vehicles.

Read full story here: https://roadniche.com/can-a-new-car-smell-harm-you-new-study-thinks-so/

Re: Do You Know That New Car Smell Can Kill You? by Sickmod(m): 3:54am On Feb 23, 2021
Thank God the study only 'thinks' so,it has not been confirmed.

Re: Do You Know That New Car Smell Can Kill You? by naijadrivablog: 6:15am On Feb 23, 2021
Going to Coscharis to buy a new car so that I can understand what you are talking about.

By the way, U like the smell. Is it your smell cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That New Car Smell Can Kill You? by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 23, 2021
Bros... Na only tokunbo I dey buy all my life but u see this year I must buy tear rubber Peugeot. I go sleep inside for three nights to celebrate am.... This ur study na im dey kee people no be new car dey kee people.

(1) (Reply)

Kia Sorento 2005 Sale / Amazing Deals Lexus ES 330 Going For Fastest Finger!! / Sold !!! Registered 2007 Highlander Available @ 2.6M (see Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.