Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It (14220 Views)

Do You Know That New Car Smell Can Kill You? / Range Rover Sport Climbs To Heaven’s Gate In China (Photos) / Lady Buys A New Car To Celebrate Her 24th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by obafemee80(m): 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2018

Ford has filed a patent that will remove the "new car smell" that comes with brand new cars. And this is because , most drivers in China, the most populous country and the biggest car market in the world ,hates it.

According to the 2018 J.D. Power China Initial Quality Study,the unpleasant interior smell continues to be the major automotive problem in China ,with more than 10 per cent of drivers complaining about the odour .

Ford Spokesperson said:

"That’s because Chinese car buyers are particularly sensitive to the smell of their new cars"

"They place unpleasant smells ahead of engine performance or safety as their top reason for not buying a new car"

"If that's an issue, we'll definitely get it addressed"

"To me, everyone loves that new car smell, and in fact, when you go to the car wash, they sell the new car scent to put it back in the car"

The tech-filled removal process described in the patent involves parking the car in the sun, opening the windows slightly and turning the engine, heater and fan on.

And it only works when fitted to a driverless or semi-autonomous vehicles - the intelligent cars knows when to remove the chemicals , they drive themselves to a sunny spot and bake away the unpleasant smell.

This move will surely boost Ford's sales in the world's biggest car Market .

Do you like the smell in new cars or do you find them repulsive?

https://autojosh.com/ford-wants-to-remove-new-car-smell-in-china-because-the-worlds-biggest-car-buyers-hates-it/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by nurey(m): 6:50am On Nov 23, 2018
Bring it to nigeria first let's abuse it and rock it then send it back to them tongue

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by izzy4shizzy(m): 6:50am On Nov 23, 2018
Gh
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by KingKingKing: 6:50am On Nov 23, 2018
China the modern colonial masters of Africa!!

2 Likes

Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by oshosegun27(m): 6:50am On Nov 23, 2018
Wow!
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by Tellemall: 6:51am On Nov 23, 2018
This is not surprising one bit. Even Chinese humor is ridiculous. The problem of tofu trying to mix with steaks.

3 Likes

Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by ckmayoca: 6:51am On Nov 23, 2018
change it to Danfo smell for them.

4 Likes

Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by bewla(m): 6:52am On Nov 23, 2018
just take a ride that mine
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by pocohantas(f): 6:53am On Nov 23, 2018
Lmao, you are asking Nigerians if they hate/like smell or new car? Our 15y/o brand new cars you mean? grin

19 Likes

Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by Neddyogu(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2018
The Chinese are indeed a complicated people.

1 Like

Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by dangoteinlaw: 7:09am On Nov 23, 2018
Ford behaves like Globacom. They would rather spend an fortune on ads and promotions.
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by bitcoin215: 7:12am On Nov 23, 2018
Hmmm
Chinese are indeed one of the best Country.
Love my nija
Love chinese
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by cluewebhost(m): 7:12am On Nov 23, 2018
How many Nigerians buy new cars
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by lonelydora: 7:18am On Nov 23, 2018
How will that happen?
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:24am On Nov 23, 2018
ok they want it to be smalling like frog

1 Like

Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by Thegamingorca(m): 7:25am On Nov 23, 2018
pocohantas:
Lmao, you are asking Nigerians if they hate/like smell or new car? Our 15y/o brand new cars you mean? grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy what makes it smell so good tho
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by KinSlayer: 7:30am On Nov 23, 2018
"They place unpleasant smells ahead of engine performance or safety as their top reason for not buying a new car"

LFMAO
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by Skillzmen: 7:37am On Nov 23, 2018
Funny how the smell I like is not liked by some people
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by poweredcom(m): 7:42am On Nov 23, 2018
car smell again china is sometimes very stewpid

all i know they cann never be world power..like USA....
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by don4real18(m): 7:43am On Nov 23, 2018
Why what we smell down here is tokunbo grin
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by Mario619(m): 7:54am On Nov 23, 2018
Can we hear the smell here to confirm
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 23, 2018
Just look at how this thread is- dry.
I guess if I am the OP, mods won't push it to FP.
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by hairybigdick: 8:46am On Nov 23, 2018
grin grin
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by hairybigdick: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2018
Ty
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by figur: 9:37am On Nov 23, 2018
I hate it too, it makes me sick

1 Like

Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by bigkahuna704(m): 10:18am On Nov 23, 2018
This Is A NoBrainer. Get Air Freshner And enjoy Your Ride.
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by binary123(m): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2018
poweredcom:
car smell again china is sometimes very stewpid

all i know they cann never be world power..like USA....
I pray God should bless you that you can afford a brown new car.the you can feel a new car smell.
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by Onyenna(m): 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2018
Aarrgghh
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by Tats(m): 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
Maybe for many of them, their genes do not tolerate the smell.
Re: Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It by poweredcom(m): 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
binary123:
I pray God should bless you that you can afford a brown new car.the you can feel a new car smell.

oga i go manage d car smell like that i love it....i don enter new car na....wetin abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Good Is The Jeep Grand Cherokee? / Bugatti Veyron 16.4: World's Most Expensive Car / Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.