Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (51398 Views)

Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm / Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) / 'Kwara Is Fully PDP' - Bukola Saraki Says As He Storms Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Solsix(m): 12:29am On Mar 21, 2021
Swiftboy:

They're schools that are being controller by Churches, sometimes inside the church premises but government post teachers there. The initial agreement with the government is to allow the Churches control their schools, government only grant them teachers. It's different from public schools which are solely run by government.
What Kwara state want to do is to forcefully take out the Churches influences on the schools by crooked means cos they are muslims.
One of the reasons why we should fear those with change mantras. Kwarans should now know the difference
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Swiftboy(m): 5:06am On Mar 22, 2021
Solsix:

One of the reasons why we should fear those with change mantras. Kwarans should now know the difference
only God can save us

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by MDM2021: 3:13pm On Feb 12, 2022
oloyedewaris:

So you are judging all these based on actions of Fulanis in the country, remember it was this buhari regime that empowered them by not making necessary publications. Did you ever think this during OBJ or GEJ time, it's now that dominance doesn't affect marginalization

Remember that Christians in SW states are much more involved in politics, what makes kwara state case special, why didn't the Muslims dominate them here

Atrocities made by someone who claim doing for Allah doesn't means it's true,

But most parts of the present-day Kwara state are Yoruba land. Originally, Yorubas were neither Christians nor Muslims. Afonja who was sent to Ilorin by Alaafin wasn't a Muslim. Afonja is not an Islamic name, correct me if I'm wrong. The Ofa people are greeted as "Olofa majo, Olalomi Omo afisu jo'ko". They were originally neither Muslims nor Christians. As it is, those Yoruba Christians in Kwara who proudly bear their Yoruba names are not strangers or foreigners there. As a matter of fact, they can be classified as the pure original Aborigines whose identies have never been compromised. So, why should they be referred to as foreigners according to Ishaq?

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by MDM2021: 3:17pm On Feb 12, 2022
Maobichek:

Good morning, CAN is the head of Christians in Nigeria but Surdane of Sokoto is head of all Muslims in Nigeria, he also is the head of all traditional rulers in Nigeria before the government, he is also the Chairman of Inter religious bodies in Nigeria. That is what I mean by senior partner.

The President or head of CAN is a co-chair with the Sultan and never his subordinate. I'm not sure if Ooni of Ife is subordinate to the Sultan as well.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Oracleforce: 3:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
Nemere2020:

https://ishaqakintola.com/will-not-allow-persecution-muslim-students-kwara/

This man should be cautioned...
With the way he is going on with his ALLAH akBOMB religion...he can spark conflict in the entire southwest...
Kwara state is not a Muslim state ....before the emergence of the Muslim religion in Kwara state, there has been all. sorts of traditional and non-Islamic religion.
I schooled in Kwara state, the number of churches that have strung up in the recent time, one cannot conclude that Kwara state is a Muslim state...

In the same country, this kind of person could have been invited by the secret security agent for questioning but in Nigeria, anything goes...
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by MDM2021: 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
oloyedewaris:

What is this one saying bayii
They should have rules but not rules to oppress female Muslims, they should put both religion into consideration when making rules

You as a Christian, will you be ok if your child is forced to wear hijab which you don't like

This western world we are, it's of no doubt that there are two main religion, that's why they take them CRK (Christian religion knowledge) and IRK (islamic religion knowledge)

So children should not be forced to pull off their hijabs

That the government is subsidizing the fueling of your car does not make it the owner or co-owner of the car. The schools in question are said to be mission schools and the keyword here is MISSION. That they are mission schools indicates that the objective of establishing them was to propagate Christianity.

Wearing of Hijab to schools was not the practice in some parts of Nigeria until recently. The essence of wearing Hijab is to create an Islamic identity. While this is not a bad idea, doing so in a Christian mission school will be counteracting the objective of the school and this is where the conflict lies. It's a fight for space and no one will like to be dominated.

The school is not government-owned for being grant-aided just as my car is not owned by the government just because government subsidizes the price of fuel. We need to tread with caution so that we won't be STEALING what belongs to another person in the name of human rights.

Freedom of movement does give a herder the right to bring his cattle to my compound or parlour, except that herder wants to be charged for trespass or robbery.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by omoharry(f): 4:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
jumper524:
oga muric ain't wrong here.
why would dey force people to remove their hijab in the first place?
why the hypocracy.
even if kwara is not Muslim dominant, why would they force people against their religious beliefs?
even the Western world don't do this nonsense.
if the north starts forcing christain girls in school to wear hijab na islamization bullshits we go dey hear.
I hate bigots from all cylinders.
to all those quote me with a different explanation,.
the below quote is for you..

Have you forgotten that Nigeria is a secular country ? Has religion eaten into our head that we have forgotten that where your right stop is where another start ?
The school is a religious school .A christain school and all student must follow the rules and regulations of that school . That is why there is a general uniform for all student across various religion. It a place to acquire knowledge and not a place of worship.
There are so many Muslim schools , do they allow christains to conduct their regular Prayer services at thier spare time in that muslim school ? Do they allow them to dress without wearing the hijab to school? . The last time I saw pupils in Muslim school, all they were all on hijab .It shows that it is a Muslim school and every one enrolled there must obey the rules and regulations of school because it is affiliated to a religion .

I don't know why Muslims like imposing their things on another institution, knowing that it is a missionary school . They are just trouble makers . They can never leave in peace with thier neighbors without imposing thier religious laws on others.

Kano state is busy destroying people businesses because they said it's contravene Islam to sell alcohol..forgetting that Nigerians are all not Muslims and they have the right to reside everywhere to do thier business peacefully. They have continued to destroy non Muslim businesses with impunity and this mad fanatics that called himself MURIC will applaud them.

Where is your voice when this injustice is being melted out to non Muslims?. You people are the first to quote Human right but your eyes,ears and mind becomes closed up where due to your religious practices, people are refused or granted thier right as citizens in northern Nigeria . They are forced to abide by the laws of your religion. .

So, dear Muslims ,what do you want ? Do you want to force people to accept your religious practices but you are just too Rigid and arrogant to accommodate others? . Why ? Why are you people only good at disturbing the peace of the land? If you so wish to wear hijab why dont you go to the various islamic schools in the state and stop looking for trouble in a missionary school ! . .
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by MDM2021: 4:19pm On Feb 12, 2022
[quote author=oloyedewaris post=99375107]
BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF

1. Is beret part of islam culture Or that of Christians?, will beret cover your neck?

So the essence of wearing Hijab and covering of neck is to create Islamic or Arabic culture? And then do that in Christian schools? How does covering of neck prevent one from stealing or adultery?

2. Kano is a state and i belief you have little knowledge of secondary school government

There is something they call state law, which is next to the nation's constitution. Any state can make law that they want since it's of the knowledge of the lawmakers and citizens of that state. Lagos traffic and environmental law is different from that of ogun state, so state laws are different from state to state.
Lagos State can also agree to ban alcohol if the citizens and lawmakers want

No state law or any Act of parliament is superior to the constitution. There is what is called the Supremacy of the Constitution

3 . Islamic private school is different entirely, it is run by individual for self gains and not society gain, if u take your child to an islamic private school then you have to adhere to the rules just as applied to Christian private schools.

But public schools should be different, both parties must be considered.

Grant-aided schools are not public schools. That government subsidizes the fueling of your car does not make your car a public asset.

4. I have never heard of public schools forcing students to say islamic prayers.

But if it's true, maybe the Muslims too are forced to sing Christian song too

But you just said now that Kano state has power to make the law it wants.

In fact the in my particular primary school and most schools, student are forced to sing Christian song from Monday to Thursday while just Friday is for islamic prayers

The reason Christian songs were adopted in schools is because Christian missionaries brought former education. Do they sing Christian songs in Islamic/Quranic schools? I have not seen one.

5. I never said they should not respect the rules of an organization, i said Muslims too should be put into consideration

Muslims should be put into consideration in a public, community, government-built schools. Mission schools are not owned by the government even if they grant-aid that school. The teachers in mission schools pay tax and the parents of the children in mission schools also pay tax all to the government. Governments sponsor people to Hajj as well and what benefits does going to hajj has to offer Christians?

Why would a christain enters a mosque with his shoes just as a Muslim with quran, tasbeer, and so on will not be entertained in the church

No right-thinking Christians will do that. Even if a Christian does that, he won't come back the same way he goes as he would have been dealt with by "peace-loving" Muslims. A Yoruba Christian woman was killed in the North years back while officiating for WAEC and her child stolen by "peace-loving" Muslims on a phantom allegation of throwing away the Quran.

But here we are talking of public places like schools are for both religions na

Not all schools are public places as not all organizations are public places. Quranic schools are not public places for non-adherents of Islam.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by MDM2021: 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
Tranquility4u:

I see no reason why Muslim students should be denied
their constitutional rights.

All Muslim students, in particular, female students should be allowed to dress in Hijab since these schools are for the public.

“Are the schools not grant-aided? So you want to use
public money to persecute Muslim children until they
submit to forceful conversion? Even if they are
missionary schools, must they force female Muslim
students to strip? We are not surprised because it is
part of their old way of forceful conversion. Nigerian
Christians should desist from using Muslim children to
subject their parents to psychological trauma. We will
not go back to slavery. Enough is enough.

Grant-aiding a school does not make it government-owned. Subsidizing the price of fuel does not me all vehicles are public assets in Nigeria. Using government money to send people to hajj does not mean they are government properties like slaves to their owners.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by MDM2021: 5:23pm On Feb 12, 2022
dele1727:
grin grin grin

I don't always agree with ishaq....but on this....
I agree absolutely...

A court has ruled in favour of hijab wearers
The only way the missionary schools can take is to appeal the judgement to as far as the supreme court

2, when Nyesom woke pronounced Rivers State a christian state .... christians were all hailing him
No noise was made....
Similar attitude should be adopted here

The judgement has been appealed as we learnt but Kwara State will not wait for the appeal to be decided. Grant-aiding a school does not change the ownership. That you give me money to go to Jerusalem does not mean you own me like a slave.

Muslims have the right to maintain their identity by wearing Hijab based on human rights the same way MISSION schools have the right to protect their identity for the purpose for which they are established. The emphasis is on MISSION. The constitution guarantees equality of rights and no one has greater rights here.

Both parties should maintain their lanes to allow peace. That's called Respect. Wear hijab to Islamic, Quranic, government-built, or community-owned schools but not to MISSION schools even if grant-aided.

You cannot alter another man's identity because you want to maintain your identity. Do not change the identity of mission schools!
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Christistruth00: 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
iwaeda:

Is Akintola from Kwara, Kwara is not a Muslim state. Muslim 52% Christian 48%. Nigeria will definetly be enflamed by these useless people.

Ekiti Kwara is 90% Christian
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Dipwater(m): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2022
If Christian students can be allowed to practice their faith in Islamic schools .then they can put on their hijab in Christian schools.simple

You allow Christian students to come to your schools without hijabs and missionary schools will reciprocate by allowing Muslim students to wear hijab in their schools .

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

The Interior Of Jimoh Ibrahim's Dubai Office (Photos) / Nigerians Blast Lauretta Onochie Over Her Post About Atiku / FG Hands Over Seized Snakes, Spiders, Millipedes To UNIUYO (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.