Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) (77921 Views)

New Tollgates' Fees: ₦200 For Cars, ₦500 For Trucks & Luxury Buses / Tollgates To Return As FG Grants Individuals Licence To Build, Maintain Highways / EndSARS: Lagos Loses N234m To Tollgates’ Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by abatically(m): 8:38pm On Feb 23, 2021
panambasi:
That means citizens should start providing even roads themselves, so what will now be the governments job?

In sane countries they have tolls on their highways. Nigerians go to these countries and pay the tolls but when they come back home they will complain about tolls and still expect Nigeria to be as good as those countries. If the government can fix the roads, and then give the maintenance of these roads to private companies to manage who in turn collect tolls, then its a welcomed development. Govt alone cannot fix everything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Miyachi: 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2021
Multi-taxation in this country is getting out of hand. Maybe reduce import tax on vehicles then.
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Lisaint(m): 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2021
I know Badagry- seme will surely be there!

With the way FG has been doing on and off on that road!

I know they don’t have the capacity!
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by abatically(m): 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2021
twinskenny:
Lagos Abeokuta’ and lagos seme border... I hope they will fix the road before toll

If they mount tolls without fixing the roads then they are asking for problem. I'm sure shame will not even allow them do that. Fix the roads, mount the tolls no problem. Mount tolls without fixing road serious problem
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2021
Mikecold:
All those northern route are just scam, they would never be tolled.

They would be as free up to Niger

We know where they are actually going to toll.

Buhari must find source of ransom for bandits
Your brain is also a scam.
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by PAWG(m): 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2021
EKONGKING:
Majority of them in south or used by people to go south grin grin grin grin grin .
one nigeria my foot.

Nothing changes the southern people , they wont protest ,always accepting.
worst set of mumu people in the world

Let's be practical, how many in South, how many in the North? Back it up
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Asianjollof007: 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Good One ...in sane developed country, there is nothing free. It is only in Nigeria , we want everything free at the same time development and progress.

God Bless President Buhari
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

God punish YOU
God punish BUHARI
God punish ZOOGERIA

2 Likes

Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:
Your brain is also a scam.
Ibrahim you are a mere slave of allah.

Quote me when you can pee erect
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Harrynight(m): 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2021
Even with the proceeds realized at the end of the day won't still guaranteed good road, gallop free road etc watch and see!

I remember when they first removed fuel subsidy the then President and Economy and Finance Minister GEJ/NOI said the will use the money realize for infrastructure, social amenities/good roads.
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2021
In this kind of issue, Buhari won't showcase his nepotism. Why not make the toll gate northern agenda too? Idiot

2 Likes

Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by mytime24(f): 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2021
Federal characters is only when dis government want to collect frm SS and SE, why not put d whole toll gate up there in north, since this gov is only fr d north

2 Likes

Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by obinoral1179(m): 8:48pm On Feb 23, 2021
The Lagos-Ota- Abeokuta road is an eyesores and they want to toll it again to increase the hardships in that area......
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Tugee: 8:48pm On Feb 23, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/fg-plans-tolling-on-12-highways/

Looking at the nature of our corrupt system and society, Toll-Gate systems will be ideal in ensuring good highway road infrastructure as well as inter-state border security. However, FG should reduce federal revenue taxes in-order to justify the implementation of these toll system, even if it's by 10%.
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by afbstrategies: 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2021
Same stupid Nigerian government and politicians every four years.
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by COMPAQ(m): 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2021
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by COMPAQ(m): 8:52pm On Feb 23, 2021
obinoral1179:
The Lagos-Ota- Abeokuta road is an eyesores and they want to toll it again to increase the hardships in that area......
Hopefully the toll will make it motorable. What’s N500 to drive safely to Abeokuta
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by P1PrinceKT(m): 8:52pm On Feb 23, 2021
Sultty:
I don't have Sense
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by PS712: 8:52pm On Feb 23, 2021
culf:
Nigeria my country!

i pay for road, i provide the water that i use, i pay heavily for power, So the tax I'm paying now is for what actually?
The annoying thing is that this is a government that promised reducing burdens on Nigerians, now otherwise is the case. Nigerians now pay for virtually everything and at high cost, when you complain the government draws comparison with Saudi, and other oil producing countries. This is sad and unfortunate!
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Cmanforall: 8:52pm On Feb 23, 2021
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by LordOfTheGame: 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2021
hypertension:
grin

Surely, only the 5% will be affected..

grin grin grin

Toir head is correct. You see how they strategically chose the major roads that Easterners mostly ply to reach the East to be rolled but left out the major roads in the core North. The war is on different faces and patterns but we the southern people and indigenous people will surely be victorious.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by COMPAQ(m): 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2021
abatically:

If they mount tolls without fixing the roads then they are asking for problem. I'm sure shame will not even allow them do that. Fix the roads, mount the tolls no problem. Mount tolls without fixing road serious problem

Don’t be surprised that toll will start first before fixing the road. No be Nigeria?
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by knowhowk: 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2021
They Should Cancel Agberos ,Nurtw and Rtean and and build.more Toll gate ,the amount Generated should be used to Maintain the Roads ,Those Nuisance called Agberos are just collecting money without Doing anything
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Nightalan: 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2021
Some of those highways listed are hotspot for kidnappers, bandits and thieves, you want people to be sitting ducks abi?
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by darkwan: 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2021
i was in spain....tollgates works for them....

you wan use good roads,then pay....
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Litmus: 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2021
Good but more required, the road to Obodo Oyibo standard is lined by taxes and tamed citizens Nigerians remain wild still, though, shrieking and condemning anything around them for not being like the West yet jumping on car bonnet, exposing panty to driver because traffic operatives are doing like the West and trying to confiscate their vehicle for extreme traffic violations angry
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Enyimbamercedes: 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2021
Will they repair the road before they toll it or toll it then use the funds to repair? Whatever the case, this is a wonderful initiative!
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by COMPAQ(m): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2021
abatically:

In sane countries they have tolls on their highways. Nigerians go to these countries and pay the tolls but when they come back home they will complain about tolls and still expect Nigeria to be as good as those countries. If the government can fix the roads, and then give the maintenance of these roads to private companies to manage who in turn collect tolls, then its a welcomed development. Govt alone cannot fix everything.

Good point. Here in Houston about 4 of the major highways that circle the city are tolled. And when I move around, my google maps is set to avoid toll roads, even if a bit longer. And there are many toll roads across the developed world. So we should stop about this whole everything is free abroad. About 20% of petrol price in UK is tax element, but we want our petrol to be dirt cheap. Since most Nigerians don’t pay tax formal tax, the toll will be your share of informal tax.

Besides I wonder whether Nigerians spend all day traveling. What’s the fuss about? There was a period I had no reason to leave Lagos in 6months, so in that case what’s the big deal about toll? If in 1 year I go to Ibadan once and Abeokuta twice, based on the list here, I pay no toll cos Lagos Ibadan isn’t on the list and I’d rather go to Abeokuta through Shagamu interchange, not Ota.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by fabolouz1(m): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2021
Better late than never.

1 Like

Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Deepthoughts: 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/fg-plans-tolling-on-12-highways/
This is a good idea n it's long overdue, gradually all the roads in the country should be toll but the tolling should incorporate other things like building standard security camp at every 10-20km to reduce check points, building of traumatic n emergency hospitals etc, this policy if well manage is very capable of generating enough money to manage our roads, build new ones n extra revenue for the government.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by ransomed: 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2021
All Problems Compounded (APC)

2 Likes

Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by Btruth: 9:01pm On Feb 23, 2021
PapalsBull:
Lokoja - Benin, Lokoja - Abuja, Benin - Asaba, Onitsha - Owerri. These are my routes.
you are in for it then.....lol grin
Re: FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) by COMPAQ(m): 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2021
VaselineCrew:
Why can't they toll only new routes?

I am not in support of repair/extension of a road on an already existing route and then erecting tolls. This just adds to the suffering of people in my opinion, adds more traffic on those routes, not to talk of the cost of paying a toll for each and every pass, unlike a more forgiving scheme, where toll passes could be paid for ahead of time for a certain duration, thereby cutting the cost of paying per pass.

I do however strongly support tolls on new routes such as the Lekki-Ikoyi Link bridge. Obviously, some may argue that this bridge could still be toll free and built with tax payers money, but as a society, having tolls such as these that solve problems and cut travel times should be encouraged. These would also help to pay for more infrastructure, given there in sincere leadership, which is hard to come by all over Nigeria.

The toll gate at Lekki-Epe, to me, is an example of corruption in Nigeria. If you are currently driving on that road tonight, please report to the house whether or not you have street lights and adequate lane markings on that road, or are you just driving in the dark?

LCC is now owned by government since LASG took them over a few years ago, so of course you don’t expect government to care about streetlights and markings. Both of those were actually more present when it was not owned by LASG.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

615 Terrorist killed In Both Air And Ground Attacks In Sambista Forest - Pic / Highway Patrol: The Car I Saw Nigeria Police Force Using Today (Photo) / Kogi Governorship Election Results From Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.