Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. (4065 Views)

What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat / Professionals Hail Tinubu / Buhari & Tinubu: The Handshake That Got People Talking (photo) « (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2011
Gbawe:

You mention "control" and "democratic system" in the same sentence yet you don't you recognise the oxymoron in your own writing that would make you see you are the one showing undemocratic intolerance. Where is the "control" you have conjured out of the air to malign Tinubu? Did th ACN steal all the positions they gained or did the win it democraticaly via gaining the votes of the electorate?

I suggest you re-read my question to you -- there is no oxy-mo.ron in what I typed there -- no need to make it into what it is not. The questions are clear to anyone who understands what democracy means and how what you are preaching should have no place in a democracy.

There is nothing of my person being intolerant in this --- you are the one suggesting here that in a democracy, we should celebrate GOD-FATHERS, when we just spent the last 12 years learning exactly why we do not need God-Fathers even in our democracy.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Gbawe: 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I suggest you re-read my question to you -- there is no oxy-not-so-smart person in that. The questions are clear to anyone who understands what democracy means and how what you are preaching should have no place in a democracy.

I don't know why I expected anything other than vacuous evasiveness from you. I am praising Tinubu for nothing other than his groundwork that has seen the PDP defeated soundly in the SW region. It what most folks in the SW wanted and dreamed about so respect their wishes even if , in your eye, you think it hands "control" to one individual.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by mensdept: 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
fstranger3:

I know!

When Tinubu puts his dirty fingers inside Lagos state coffers and take out N2 Billion Naira at the end of this month, we need not shout, after all he is doing it for the ordinary person on the street.

When his wife diverts constituency money to their private accounts, its all for the good of the ordinary citizens; after all, Tinubu shares his private account with the rest of us.

Thank God for Tinubu. The Messiah we have long waited for grin

Who's calling Tinubu the messiah? He being a moslem may take offence.
The truth is despite all the bro-haha and accusations (which may indeed be true), Tinubu has emerged as the greater of all politically established personnel. Finish.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Gbawe: 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

There is nothing of my person being intolerant in this --- you are the one suggesting here that in a democracy, we should celebrate GOD-FATHERS, when we just spent the last 12 years learning exactly why we do not need God-Fathers even in our democracy.

I think , now, we are just arguing for the sake of it. I have made it clear that I don't support Godfatherism. I am only praising what happened yesterday i.e the peaceful and orderly voting that chased the PDP out of the SW region. This was something most folks wanted. Tinubu and the ACN achieved it democratically. You guys should learn the notion of not throwing the baby out with the bath water. If I praise what Tinubu achieved yesterday , through democratic means ,  it does not automatically mean I endorse all he has done throughout his life.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Gbawe: 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2011
pluto04:

I fully agree with your view. It shows the value system of the original poster glorifying a godfather who collects 15% of Lagos IGR every month leaving leaving 17million people to live on the remaining 85%!

Man mi , the insults won't get you anywhere with me . Most of you are just showing frustration and spill-over anger from other isues you have with Tinubu that does not allow you to look at things objectively . Are you from the SW region? If yes, do you know the genuine agitations  of the folks from the region? Please go and read some of my response here in the past. While fans of GEJ bragged that the PDP would carry the day I told them that folks of theSW region are  sick to death of the PDP . We cannot wait to vote them out in favour of those who have given us above average administrators in almost all the positions they were lucky to win despite massve rigging against them last time i.e the ACN.

Do you think we folks from the SW do not know what we lost through people we did not vote for leading us for 4 years illegitimately? Yesterdays massive SW win for the ACN is testimony to all I have been saying and  shames all those , because they support a PDP candidate, who wanted to 'wish'  a win for PDP everywhere against real sentiments on the gound.

Tinubu helped checkmate  the PDP with a balance of producing attractive candidates and sensitizing folks massively about the need to vote and protect their votes. That is what I praise him . If you want to say that I now automatically endorse all Tinubu has done his entire life then that is your own wahala.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Gbawe: 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2011
Beaf:

All Hail Tinubu! Drug lord and thief. The new undiputed heavyweight champion of the SW? shocked
I cannot understand how any educated or civil mind could even form the above cringeworthy thoughts.

Next thing, we would be building shrines to Ibori and IBB; though, I guess Tinubu's case is softened by the thinly veiled ethnic bigotry on this thread.

Thank God GEJ is providing momentous changes to our political terrain; political mafia dons and ethnically bigoted methods will be history in under two years. ACN is better led by the likes of Fashola, or it will remain a regional party, only ever making the rare tem[porary breakout into new territory. Tinubu only appeals to bigots.

Oga, your frustration and double standards is far too obvious for anyone , other than new members, to take you seriously. Why don't you confess that it is the PDP's annihilation in the SW region that has gotten you petrified with fear for your candidate chances in the region?

I can remember many GEJ supporters going on about the support for the PDP in the SW region when I told them that the good folks of the SW cannot wait to vote PDP out wether at legislative, gubernatorial or Presdential level because that is the real desire on the ground despite th wishful thinking of GEJ an PDP fans. Now that the legislative elections has proven me right and shown to you simpletons the truth on the ground, frustration now gets the better of all of you.

You can call me whatever names you want but know that most SW folks merit your childish insults because , contrary to empty internet pontifications , they all rate highly Tinubu's contributions and effort that has now seen the PDP disgraced out of the SW region. That is not to be confused with anyone endorsing all Tinubu has done his entire life. I don't rate GEJ but if all remaining elections , to a large extent, are free and fair then I will praise him for that particular effort. It does not mean I don' have a problem with what he has done wrong in he past.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Gbawe: 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2011
fstranger3:

WHat happens after the undisputed heavy weight champion dies of get locked in prison?

What would happen to the party post Tinubu era?

the OP is educated, but has a low IQ.

Knows the essence of votes in a dempocracy, but has little understanding of what democracy is all about.

:::SMH:::

This is really shameful.

It is your "low IQ" that prevents you from realising that you are describing yourself. What Happened yesterday was democracy at work . This is what I am praising Tinubu for . His Party provided attractive candidates. They mobilised folks to shun apathy and turnout to "change Nigeria" . Folks were shown the importance of going out to vote and protecting their vote.The electorate did it duty by goin out to vote . They voluntarily voted for the ACN overwelmingly. The  SW , at the legislative level, is now essentially rid of the PDP as most voters have always desired for a while but were not allowed to actualise because of PDP rigging. Tinubu played his part. He got th PDP out of the SW region as he promised democratically and with the willing cooperation of the electorate.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Moves: 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2011
@ Gbawe; Tinubu is no New Undisputed Heavyweight Champion; let him contest a position against fashola in lagos and you watch him see him demistified. He should have tested his might by substituting fashola as we heard, but himself realises that power belongs to the people; It should be all hail the resident of south western nigeria; in their fight for the best. Alot of people Vote ACN for known achievers like Fashola; known names like Oshiomole and Fayemi and not because of Tinubu. Tinubu may gain political mileage for backing a winning house,  thats all ; nothing more; There's nothing to hail him about cus his 8yrs as gov, doesnt bear the hallmarks of "The New Undisputed Heavyweight Champion".
Or Better Still Praise the ACN, never Tinubu
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by ektbear: 11:19pm On Apr 10, 2011
Sai ACN
Sai Fashola
Sai Tinubu (at least, until Nigeria changes dramatically to become a legitimate democracy)
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Justcash(m): 11:26pm On Apr 10, 2011
NEXT TIME, ALL OF YOU SHOULD NEVER INSULT IGBOS FOR VOTING FOR ACN.
Look at what your mouth cost you? PDP has taken their share in the SW. Lest I forget, where is ACN in the SE?
Freaking noise makers. 
I played a big part in ensuring that ACN does not get majority votes in Anambra and Akwa Ibom. We hate noise makers and proud fools that insult people in the East of Nigeria.
If this is annoying to you, then it is meant for you.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by AljUche: 11:31pm On Apr 10, 2011
Justcash:

NEXT TIME, ALL OF YOU SHOULD NEVER INSULT IGBOS FOR VOTING FOR ACN.
Look at what your mouth cost you? PDP has taken their share in the SW. Lest I forget, where is ACN in the SE?
Freaking noise makers. 
I played a big part in ensuring that ACN does not get majority votes in Anambra and Akwa Ibom. We hate noise makers and proud fools that insult people in the East of Nigeria.
If this is annoying to you, then it is meant for you.

just cash please do not mind this noise makers

tinubu is not loved in the SW even

they are mumu's and we would see who would laff last

if ngige wins, then SE is in a very good position, mark this post
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by ektbear: 11:32pm On Apr 10, 2011
Which part did you play in ACN not winning in Anambra?  grin

You helped Peter Obi and Dora Akunyili rig?

In any case, whether you like or not, Ngige WILL get that Senate seat. Either tomorrow, or later through the court system. There is no where to hide for cheats and riggers.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by fstranger3(m): 11:33pm On Apr 10, 2011
^^^^

[size=18pt]ROFLMAO[/size]
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by fstranger3(m): 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

In any case, whether you like or not, Ngige WILL get that Senate seat. Either tomorrow, or later through the court system. There is no where to hide for cheats and riggers.

Gbam.

If not now, then in three years tops. Tell me about it.

These Ibos are so stupidddd, it is beyond ridiculous
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by ektbear: 11:38pm On Apr 10, 2011
^-- Silly Agulu Progressive Grand Alliance using hamfisted 2003 and 2007 rigging techniques (that the ACN has already learned how to defeat) in 2011  grin

Abeg, none of us should take a party seriously that cannot win cleanly in its own stronghold.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Basseti: 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2011
fstranger3:

Gbam.

Yesterday u were praising the "non-partisan nature" of the Igbos when U seemed to believe that Ngige was winning.

Now its business as usual: Igbos are stupid cos Dora beat him. Try to be consistent na.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Basseti: 11:41pm On Apr 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- Silly Agulu Progressive Grand Alliance using hamfisted 2003 and 2007 rigging techniques (that the ACN has already learned how to defeat) in 2011  grin

Abeg, none of us should take a party seriously that cannot win cleanly in its own stronghold.

U seem to know whats good for the people of Anambra state better than the people of Anambra state.

There is something wrong with that picture.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Justcash(m): 11:43pm On Apr 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

He has never lost without complaining. As it is now, he is already threatening fire and brimstone, just as he did when he lost the governorship post to Peter Obi. Well, Dora Akunyili will give Igbos better and more radical representation than Ngige. Ngige is a money bag, looking to get all the money he spent on fighting in court. ACN cannot win the votes of even dogs in the East of Nigeria ever again. I and many Igbo brothers will ensure that. Since it is about ethnic politics now. rather, the SW will be eaten into.
If he wishes to go to court and fight it, then I wish him luck. If he wins, then he won. My purpose is to shut your loud mouths for now.
As par the rigging part, You are on your own o! Lol!
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by AljUche: 11:44pm On Apr 10, 2011
fstranger3:

Gbam.

guy you are posting trash here

at least there is no yoruba ruling them in their land

igbos are already hold positions in lagos

remember ACN is just a party theat can be changed anytime
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by fstranger3(m): 11:45pm On Apr 10, 2011
Basseti:

U seem to know whats good for the people of Anambra state better than the people of Anambra state.

Yes, Just as how America knows whats better for the rest of the world than the people of the rest of the world silly grin

It is called manifest destiny my dear.  I dont begrudge you of your silliness at all.

Take it or leave it, Ngige WILL eventually get the senate seat!
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by ektbear: 11:45pm On Apr 10, 2011
Basseti:

No, I don't; I'm only a spectator who is supporting his party (ACN.) But there is enough evidence at this point to suggest rigging by Obi/Akunyili.

Don't take my word for it. . . read up on the Igbo online political forums, commentary from those who were actually on the ground.

In any case. . . the courts will probably be the ones to finally decide this matter.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Gbawe: 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

Sai ACN
Sai Fashola
Sai Tinubu (at least, until Nigeria changes dramatically to become a legitimate democracy)

Correct yarn. Folks , especially those not from the SW region, should know that the approval rating of Tinubu is very high in the SW region right now . That is the reality on the ground .  The unanimous relief of SW folks  and recognition of the role Tinubu played , in the greatly desired defeat of the PDP, is overwhelming. This is not because Tinubu has been a model citizen his entire life. It is because the SW region wants to punish and kick out indolent , incompetent and unrepentantly corrupt leadership that swallows so much money and gives nada in return.
PDP has not delivered for the SW region and we have voted them out . One can wonder why the PDP were voted back into power , in some regions , by folks who have seen no progress under the ruling Party in 12 years In the end we have to conclude that it is the right of a Nigerian to vote for anyone he wants.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Justcash(m): 11:51pm On Apr 10, 2011
fstranger3:

Gbam.

Buhathhahahahahahahahahahahah! Anuofia!!! It is your Generation that will remain mad and silly! Ofcourse it is only a fool like you that will feel that Igbos are silly. Stoopid Eediot! This is just the beginning. ACN ko, ANC Ni.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by fstranger3(m): 11:54pm On Apr 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

No, I don't; I'm only a spectator who is supporting his party (ACN.) But there is enough evidence at this point to suggest rigging by Obi/Akunyili.

Don't take my word for it. . . read up on the Igbo online political forums, commentary from those who were actually on the ground.

In any case. . . the courts will probably be the ones to finally decide this matter.

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!!

Its funny how they just cant get it!
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Justcash(m): 11:58pm On Apr 10, 2011
fstranger3:

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!!

If you were on ground, you'd know how hopeless the venture of your freaking Yoruba party is in the East. Thank God that we still have the governorship and presidential elections. Those ones will vindicate what I am saying. Anuofia!!!
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by sbeezy8: 12:03am On Apr 11, 2011
^^ thanks

if ACN is a yoruba party fine, if ACN is a national party fine, if ACN is a party full of disney character buggs bunny, mickey mouse and cinderella fine.

doesnt really matter. the post has to do with Tinubu in the SW - he is a heavyweight
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Basseti: 12:06am On Apr 11, 2011
@ekt

U will find discontent in all camps. In Nigeria, any group losing will always come up with the "me against the world" mentality. So just cos some bloke wrote about how the elections went in Anambra state dont provide evidence that there was rigging. There might be but thats not the evidence to prove it. The guys writing on blogs might be people who will stand to gain if Ngige. Of course , they will have $hit to say.

fstranger3:

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!!

I think the joke is on U. U are wayyyyy off base. All u care about is that ACN does well. What that means to the south west is not factoring in any of ur equation.
U might not believe it now that U are still euphoric, but the prospect of one party holding sway in any region does not really bode well for that region. It suggest that people are more interested in party bullcrap. Its not healthy for that region.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Justcash(m): 12:06am On Apr 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

^^ thanks

if ACN is a yoruba party fine, if ACN is a national party fine, if ACN is a party full of disney character buggs bunny, mickey mouse and cinderella fine.

doesnt really matter. the post has to do with Tinubu in the SW - he is a heavyweight

No doubt, in the South West.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by ektbear: 12:07am On Apr 11, 2011
How hopeless could this "Yoruba party" have been that it battled APGA to a standstill in APGAs home turf? That the Agulu Progressive Grand Alliance had to rig in order to win?  grin

You and I both know that in a free and fair election, Ngige would have prevailed.

Anyway. . . having seen the weakness of the Agulu Progressive Grand Alliance in Anambra, I'm starting to wonder when Peter Obi's term is up  cool
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by ektbear: 12:09am On Apr 11, 2011
Basseti:

@ekt

U will find discontent in all camps. In Nigeria, any group losing will always come up with the "me against the world" mentality. So just cos some bloke wrote about how the elections went in Anambra state dont provide evidence that there was rigging. There might be but thats not the evidence to prove it. The guys writing on blogs might be people who will stand to gain if Ngige. Of course , they will have $hit to say.

Fair point. We'll get a better sense of things after it is finished in court.
Re: All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. by Justcash(m): 12:14am On Apr 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

Fair point. We'll get a better sense of things after it is finished in court.
Infact, ACN got more chance of winning in Akwa Ibom, than in Anambra. I am really not against Ngige winning, I am against ACN winning. Funny enough, the sole reason is to deflate your bloated egos, and show you'all how painful regional and tribal politics is.
As at thursday to Friday morning, I dint care who would win, until late Friday, before voting ended. Your noise was too loud and irritating. PDP also gave ACN a hot chase in some areas of Lagos. So, what is your point? APGA won votes in Lagos too. You have no point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Plans Export-free Trade Zone / Wole Soyinka Urges Court To Nullify The 1999 Constitution / North Is Back To Restore The Nation - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.