Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 (35438 Views)

Court Orders Final Forfeiture Of Okorocha's Properties / Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri / Caption This Photo Of Okorocha And President Buhari In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by NwaNimo1(m): 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2021
The Imo State High Court in Owerri on Thursday ordered an interim forfeiture of all properties said to be illegally acquired by a former governor of the state, Rochas Okorocha, while he was in office from 2011 to 2019. grin

Justice Fred Njemanze gave the order following an application brought by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Louis Alozie on behalf of the state government.

Some of the properties listed in the suit include the Eastern Palm University, Ogboko; the controversial Royal Spring Palm Hotels and Apartments; IBC staff quarters said to have been illegally acquired for the purpose of Rochas Foundation College, Owerri; Magistrate Quarters among others.

The suit had Senator Okorocha’s wife, Nkechi, incorporated trustees of Rochas Foundation and Senator Okorocha himself as the first, second and third respondents against the attorney-general of the state.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/02/25/court-orders-forfeiture-of-ex-imo-governor-okorochas-properties/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by NwaNimo1(m): 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2021

284 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Akaegwu(m): 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2021
APC!!! CHANGE. How can criminals change. From Tinubu to Okorocha, Oji uzu Kalu to El Rufai, Uzodimma to Ganduje, Buhari to Osibanjo. Rotimi to fashola, including PDP Criminals like Wike from benin kingdom to Ikpe Azụ the wine drinker. Agam akpọ ole ghara ole
Ndị abụrụ ọnụ.

153 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Kwamecron(m): 11:47pm On Feb 25, 2021
Loooolz

Power power power!!!
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Spending123: 11:48pm On Feb 25, 2021
This is not my problem now. my problem is, where was my grandfather when his mates were being kidnapped to America?

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by BroOptimist(m): 11:48pm On Feb 25, 2021
NwaNimo1:
The Imo State High Court in Owerri on Thursday ordered an interim forfeiture of all properties said to be illegally acquired by a former governor of the state, Rochas Okorocha, while he was in office from 2011 to 2019. grin

Justice Fred Njemanze gave the order following an application brought by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Louis Alozie on behalf of the state government.

Some of the properties listed in the suit include the Eastern Palm University, Ogboko; the controversial Royal Spring Palm Hotels and Apartments; IBC staff quarters said to have been illegally acquired for the purpose of Rochas Foundation College, Owerri; Magistrate Quarters among others.

The suit had Senator Okorocha’s wife, Nkechi, incorporated trustees of Rochas Foundation and Senator Okorocha himself as the first, second and third respondents against the attorney-general of the state.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/02/25/court-orders-forfeiture-of-ex-imo-governor-okorochas-properties/

Las las, e don red for this man.

Chai! Lol...

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by NwaNimo1(m): 11:52pm On Feb 25, 2021
Spending123:
This is not my problem now. my problem is, where was my grandfather when his mates were being kidnapped to America?

he was kidnapping!

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Spending123: 11:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
NwaNimo1:

he was kidnapping!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Akaegwu(m): 11:59pm On Feb 25, 2021
NwaNimo1:

he was kidnapping!
You Sabi the man well. He was one of the earlier people that invented kidnapping.

13 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by GamalNasser: 12:00am On Feb 26, 2021
Buharis turn is coming

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by LikeAking: 12:01am On Feb 26, 2021
Spending123:

Your grand fada and my grand fada also been think say them wise. When oyibo 1 kidnap dem that year, dem run enta bush.

For dia mind dem wise.

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by tutudesz: 12:08am On Feb 26, 2021
grin barman give me one for the road

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Penguin2: 12:14am On Feb 26, 2021
What they are doing to Rochas is the reason these politicians take their stolen to UK and elsewhere to go and invest.

If these things were built in the UK or Dubai, Hope wouldn't have had a single power to do the things he's doing.

Don't get me wrong...

I'm not saying it's right for Okorocha to have stolen, but one of our clamours in recent years is that these thieves should invest the money in Nigeria when they steal them. Now we have someone who did that and he's being made to regret it.

On another note, was Rochas that bad that successive governors wants to win the heart of Imolites by destroying Rochas?

From Ihedioha to Uzodimma, same story.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by realstars: 12:18am On Feb 26, 2021
Pains Inside His Family Brain.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by malcom1X: 12:25am On Feb 26, 2021
Penguin2:
What they are doing to Rochas is the reason these politicians take their stolen to UK and elsewhere to go and invest.

If these things were built in the UK or Dubai, Hope wouldn't have had a single power to do the things he's doing.

Don't get me wrong...

I'm not saying it's right for Okorocha to have stolen, but one of our clamours in recent years is that these thieves should invest the money in Nigeria when they steal them. Now we have someone who did that and he's being made to regret it.

On another note, was Rochas that bad that successive governors wants to win the heart of Imolites by destroying Rochas?

Bro, Rochas was that bad, he never listened to the people. He deserves what he is getting.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Ryda(m): 12:26am On Feb 26, 2021
Roaches is now receiving what he gave his people. angry

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by weedmanlive(m): 12:32am On Feb 26, 2021
Penguin2:

Don't get me wrong...

Rochas only exceptional crime was defecting to the APC.
all his praises turned to wailing.
his impact in imo state was very clear to all.
imolites don't hate him as much as igbos do though.

I just hope he gets out of it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by budaatum: 12:39am On Feb 26, 2021
Nigeria is working if Okorocha is not above the law. If my bubu too thief na so it will work on him!

Which makes me say Nigeria go better!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13193419_screenshot20210225112430_jpegd183df3fc9ed76f21a0acd1910c95e19

Consider joining the Nairaland Democratic Party to be the change you want to see.

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Penguin2: 12:51am On Feb 26, 2021
malcom1X:

Bro, Rochas was that bad, he never listened to the people. He deserves what he is getting.

Lol. Can you believe I'm currently in Owerri but nobody seems to care about him.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Penguin2: 12:54am On Feb 26, 2021
weedmanlive:

Rochas only exceptional crime was defecting to the APC.
all his praises turned to wailing.
his impact in imo state was very clear to all.
imolites don't hate him as much as igbos do though.

I just hope he gets out of it.

Why would Rochas choose to go where his people do not like?

Why would he choose to be anti-Igbo?

Would you like someone who openly identifies with your oppressor?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Piso1234: 1:06am On Feb 26, 2021
He didn't do anything. He's the best performing governor in imo. This is absolute witch-hunting.
Penguin2:

Don't get me wrong...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Spending123: 1:58am On Feb 26, 2021
LikeAking:

Your grand fada and my grand fada also been think say them wise. When oyibo 1 kidnap dem that year, dem run enta bush.

For dia mind dem wise.

Lol!!! see the way I just the laugh. See me nah I still dey for naija the shout up nepa up and down

8 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Karemarealty288(m): 2:39am On Feb 26, 2021
Yesterday was Rochas today is Hope... Its good moves to recover all acquired by tax payers money. " power dey sweet like sugar ...but e dey burn like fire"

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by peacettw: 5:15am On Feb 26, 2021
Don't bother investing your emotions over this matter. These politicians speak a different language from us.

I expect this rat dance to come to an end some day.

8 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Lexusgs430: 5:16am On Feb 26, 2021
The best solution.......

Imo no be Lagos.......... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by bigdammyj: 5:17am On Feb 26, 2021
Noted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by PrinceOfLagos: 5:20am On Feb 26, 2021
Don't just stop there, jail him too.

This is why I love igbo people , they don't worship criminal like Lagos worships Tinubu.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:21am On Feb 26, 2021
This should be only the beginning.

Each and every politicians ( no matter the party they are) that have stolen from our National Treasury since 1999 - 2021 should all be made to pay for their crimes.

This is one of the MAIN reasons we voted for this regime, unfortunately, we are very disappointed so far.

Especially when the first 2 governors that were sent to prison for corruption by our darling Daddy (in the first 6 months of this administration) were people from his political party.

With this new judgement, we believe there is hope.

Oops!
We just remembered this same thing was said about Kalu, at the end, another higher court cancelled the ruling!!! shocked

There was a country!!
God save Nigeria.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by PrinceOfLagos: 5:22am On Feb 26, 2021
post=99425648:
Reading
This is why I like Ndigbo people, they don't worship or asslick criminals like Lagos asslicks Tinubu.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by Nobody: 5:23am On Feb 26, 2021
This is getting interesting
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by dalass(f): 5:23am On Feb 26, 2021
Tiff tiff cheesy

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 by dalass(f): 5:24am On Feb 26, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Don't just stop there, jail him too.

This is why I love igbo people , they don't worship criminal like Lagos worships Tinubu.

Mr Lawyer and trial justice combined....
Comparing themselves with themselves, they are fools!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyo 2022: Rauf Olaniyan Has Defected To APC / Prophet Oluyemi Says Who Nigeria's Messiah Is-a Must Read! / Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.