Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,299 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) (44809 Views)

FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Students Lodge Colleagues In Hotels For Sex Romps / Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA / LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by 9573M: 7:33am On Feb 26, 2021
Best school

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by olaric(m): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2021
Okay
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Jungleluv5: 7:34am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school
If not for politics and bad belle, Unizik is way ahead of OAU but anything Igbo is always detested in this country
Try and be a little bit of adult now not everything you should be adding tribalism to now. Please try and grow up small

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by lagusboyyy(m): 7:35am On Feb 26, 2021
This is a masterpiece.

1 Like

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by balebrown19: 7:35am On Feb 26, 2021
Beautiful

2 Likes

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by stubbornman(m): 7:38am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school
If not for politics and bad belle, Unizik is way ahead of OAU but anything Igbo is always detested in this country

If to say no be say I just come back from ban this morning ,wetin I for insult you ehnnnn you no go ever forget.... mu....................mu somebody angry angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by SEGLIZ: 7:38am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school

pathetic soul.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by bluefilm: 7:44am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school

Nwoke m biko eh, the word Afonjatic, is it an adjective or an adverb?
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by ndidibabe(f): 7:45am On Feb 26, 2021
traihit:

Drop this mentality jare.....
Are you saying people hate buying from the Igbos in Nigeria because they're the hub of commercial activities especially importation of electronics? FYI, I'm not an Igbo and there's NOTHING I hate about the Igbos or any other tribe for that matter except for the Fulanis over-superiority attribute because they feel as if they have all the powerful people and they can exploit other people. Yet, I don't hate them for that.

If UNIZIK is as good as you say it is, its qualities will trump over any hatred from anyone just as Innoson is quietly flying already.
I am Ibo and I really appreciate your view. I am an OAU alumni and a proud one. Never mind the tribalist!!

8 Likes

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Bornboy4: 7:47am On Feb 26, 2021
Cry My Beloved Country!

Fraudsters and politicians have ruined our past glory!
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by IbnBattuta1960: 7:47am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school
Unizik has only academics to its name because the students are non residents.
You don't get the feel of those 'total community' lifestyle as experienced by the older generation schools.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by OfficialGaGa(m): 7:50am On Feb 26, 2021
I love black and white pics tho... it has this feeling... looks cool.... throwback to wen them never use Nigeria pant take do rituals.... Now our universities are nothing short of an eye sore
OfficialGaGa
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by KingKingKing: 7:50am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school

You mean at 3:03am you typed this wowwwwww

4 Likes

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by segun18(m): 7:53am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school

Why why? I am Yoruba and I have a lot of Ibo friends home and abroad and they never reason this way.
It is too early to be negative minded. All you just need do is state why one building is better than the other.
May God heal your mind.

2 Likes

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by franchasng: 7:54am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school
says a foolish Igbo boy born in Ogbomosho angry

3 Likes

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by JuanDeDios: 7:57am On Feb 26, 2021
deepwater:
Shamefull

Look around that school called OAU..
the first generation buildings are more stronger and qualified than the new generation building.

I would never understand y bricks were used to make buildings in 2010 upwards in a school that had used concrete to caste master pieces in the 60s...

For those who do not know what I am talking about...

A trip to spider building vs ChELT in that same school would explain all.

Once again

Shameful
But why do you think bricks are not good?
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 7:58am On Feb 26, 2021
amoduganja:

Sorry to burst ur bubble, u are not Ibo. Paid agents moving from thread to thread to create enmity between tribes.

thank you for this..
we don suffer for nairaland fake igbo wana be's just dey tarnish our image anyhow... what is the meaning of his comment now. nice structure by the way
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by aktolly54(m): 7:58am On Feb 26, 2021
nice structure,i give it to architect that do the work on that building
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by zopyna(m): 8:01am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school
Stop this nonsense,it is not good

1 Like

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 8:04am On Feb 26, 2021
segun18:

Why why? I am Yoruba and I have a lot of Ibo friends home and abroad and they never reason this way.
It is too early to be negative minded. All you just need do is state why one building is better than the other.
May God heal your mind.

he is not igbo guy,he just want to derail this beautiful thread, likewise i have many yoruba friends so i can tell if i see a real yoruba, dont all this paid agent causing enemity between us.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Qoko: 8:05am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school
Tribalistic bigots, you’re just disgracing all of us.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by lekankolade(m): 8:05am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school

You made this post 3am , this is to show that your brain hardly function properly both day and night , tueh

6 Likes

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:07am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school

This is exactly the mentality that's driving Igbo as a people backward ; the victim's mentality ! Nobody hates Igbo,the fact is that some of you Igbo hate everybody.

Kiss the truth !

5 Likes

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by segun18(m): 8:08am On Feb 26, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

he is not igbo guy,he just want to derail this beautiful thread, likewise i have many yoruba friends so i can tell if i see a real yoruba, dont all this paid agent causing enemity between us.

Respect to you my bro. One love. Have a great weekend.

1 Like

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by dozeman: 8:11am On Feb 26, 2021
deepwater:
Shamefull

Look around that school called OAU..
the first generation buildings are more stronger and qualified than the new generation building.

I would never understand y bricks were used to make buildings in 2010 upwards in a school that had used concrete to caste master pieces in the 60s...

For those who do not know what I am talking about...

A trip to spider building vs ChELT in that same school would explain all.

Once again

Shameful

I went to the school and was like...wow. I also noticed this thing you just pointed out.

But I wasn't surprised anymore when I was told that the school was built by the Israelis. See architecture at its best. They made the most of the terrain and topography of the school. Buildings you would have expected to have weakened and collapsed are still strong and standing.

Still asking the same question, why are the buildings we build now always fragile and weak, is the cement we use these days of less quality than the one they use precolonial days and in the 70s?

3 Likes

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by paya1: 8:13am On Feb 26, 2021
amoduganja:

Sorry to burst ur bubble, u are not Ibo. Paid agents moving from thread to thread to create enmity between tribes.

thank you...that idiot is not igbo.

1 Like

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by mrgbenga1: 8:17am On Feb 26, 2021
See building with state of the art architectural design as at of then. This even supersedes some of the nowadays architectural design and building.

Nigeria, I hail thee.

2 Likes

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:18am On Feb 26, 2021
Kingluqman:
Nice one

Muslim conquering strategies on display

1. first intimidate aka close the school

2. pretend dialogue

3. and still set the law as them initially wanted

4. after many years tell you it is not negotiable
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by mikeadek2003: 8:22am On Feb 26, 2021
I have been there, Lived there when my Inlaw was the VC, Prof Mike Faborode, What an highland Design

2 Likes

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by dangotesmummy: 8:27am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school
envy and unhealthy rivalry Kee you there

2 Likes

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Difrent: 8:28am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school

You meant UNN

correct yourself , unizik is not In the same league with UI,OAU,UNN,ABU,UNILAG

as for the tribal rant, if we really detest anything ibo even emzor paracetamol nobody go buy but we still dey buy am when we have options , EVRYONE IS THE IBOMANS PROBLEM EXCEPT HIMSELF .........keep playing the ostrich

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maxwell Eseosa-Aimuan, UNIBEN Lecturer Shot Dead By Gunmen (Photos) / 45 A.B.U Students Graduated From Chinese University In Railway Engineering / Schools Peter Obi Built & Over 100 Schools He Renovated & Upgraded As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.