Stats: 3,195,038 members, 7,956,862 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:54 PM

The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) (45126 Views)

FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Students Lodge Colleagues In Hotels For Sex Romps / Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA / LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by oloyedewaris(m): 8:40am On Feb 26, 2021
deepwater:
Shamefull

Look around that school called OAU..
the first generation buildings are more stronger and qualified than the new generation building.

I would never understand y bricks were used to make buildings in 2010 upwards in a school that had used concrete to caste master pieces in the 60s...

For those who do not know what I am talking about...

A trip to spider building vs ChELT in that same school would explain all.

Once again

Shameful
And how's that shame, you are the real Shameless one
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 8:45am On Feb 26, 2021
Building as an Efficient Machine.Charles le cobucier's people.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by capitalzero: 8:46am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school
If not for politics and bad belle, Unizik is way ahead of OAU but anything Igbo is always detested in this country

Igbos have leadership problemp. Average igbo is proud. Look at ipob v most igbo leaders. I am expecting them to be giving Kanu tactical support. If Sunday igboho is igbo man, political leaders would have sacrificed him.

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by ACE1010: 8:49am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school
If not for politics and bad belle, Unizik is way ahead of OAU but anything Igbo is always detested in this country

Bro please stop this ethnic bigotry....I'm from the South South and I have great cousins from South East. We're one big family irrespective of our ethnicity. Na bubu wan kobalized dis kontry with Fulani cows cheesy angry cheesy
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by mansoura(f): 8:50am On Feb 26, 2021
Wow
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Pharmjossy(m): 8:51am On Feb 26, 2021
Buildings in OAU are always in styles that mock present day achitechural designes. Egg is the Spider building, Oau Library, Aud buildings, ampitheater, name them. The amazing thing is the high regard for daily cleaning and maintenance seen around the sch. I love the campus. No wander it is called Africa's mist beautiful campus

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:52am On Feb 26, 2021
CapitalHYC:
The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University of Ife(now Obafemi Awolowo University) 1968.
The Lodge is the official residence of the Chief Administrator of the University. It was designed in a Modernist architectural style by Israeli architect Arieh Sharon who was also responsible for the design of the Master Plan of the University. Sharon trained at the famous Bauhaus School in Germany.

share your thoughts about this Masterpiece

OP, why are you doing like this ? I know where you lifted these pictures yet you didn't give any credit.
This intellectual property infringement going on on Nairaland may soon end in the law courts.

Nairaland MODS should do their due diligence because they are benefiting from this intellectual property infringement.

The owner of these pictures posted it as personal collections on NNP and the OP probably went there, downloaded it and posted them here without a single credit to the owner of the picture. Nairaland is making money from the infringement of another person's IP.
This is not fair at all

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by mechanics(m): 8:56am On Feb 26, 2021
Wow, magnificent, please let's see the pictures of the recent building.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by lekki1444: 9:11am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school
bia nwokem just negodu ? nwanne
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school
shut up, ethnic bigot

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by supereagle(m): 9:41am On Feb 26, 2021
Don't listen to the boy. You can't compare OAU with UNIZK. They are poles apart. You can cover the perimeter circumference of the university under 30 minutes . I have been to the campuses several times.

traihit:

Drop this mentality jare.....
Are you saying people hate buying from the Igbos in Nigeria because they're the hub of commercial activities especially importation of electronics? FYI, I'm not an Igbo and there's NOTHING I hate about the Igbos or any other tribe for that matter except for the Fulanis over-superiority attribute because they feel as if they have all the powerful people and they can exploit other people. Yet, I don't hate them for that.

If UNIZIK is as good as you say it is, its qualities will trump over any hatred from anyone just as Innoson is quietly flying already.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by NotGej: 9:47am On Feb 26, 2021
Nothing fantastic about it. Lots of weight bearing columns with no weight borne.

An ugly building. Lacks esthetics.

Guess it was fueled by excess.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by ArcFresky(m): 9:58am On Feb 26, 2021
When cement was cheap
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 10:53am On Feb 26, 2021
greymiles:
Afonjatic school

Shut the hell up ! Don't ever call the igbos or unizik when you spew trash from your stoopid ass mouth.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by whitedove(m): 11:01am On Feb 26, 2021
traihit:

Drop this mentality jare.....
Are you saying people hate buying from the Igbos in Nigeria because they're the hub of commercial activities especially importation of electronics? FYI, I'm not an Igbo and there's NOTHING I hate about the Igbos or any other tribe for that matter except for the Fulanis over-superiority attribute because they feel as if they have all the powerful people and they can exploit other people. Yet, I don't hate them for that.

If UNIZIK is as good as you say it is, its qualities will trump over any hatred from anyone just as Innoson is quietly flying already.
I t shall be well with you......YES
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by dalass(f): 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2021
EzzyCarter:

Oga, this tribalism or constant "victim mentality" will not take you anywhere man. Give us facts why you think Unizik is better than OAU nd not any of these emotional m-j you wanna employ

Don't mind them....

Every time that a topic concerning Yoruba comes up, they try to bring in cownu or something ibotic and begin unnecessary amd uncalled for comparison ....

Aleays playing a victims card...
So annoying and quite stale

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Arvelo(m): 12:44pm On Feb 26, 2021
ndidibabe:
I am Ibo and I really appreciate your view. I am an OAU alumni and a proud one. Never mind the tribalist!!
Of the Greatest Ife...
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Arvelo(m): 12:53pm On Feb 26, 2021
Pharmjossy:
Buildings in OAU are always in styles that mock present day achitechural designes. Egg is the Spider building, Oau Library, Aud buildings, ampitheater, name them. The amazing thing is the high regard for daily cleaning and maintenance seen around the sch. I love the campus. No wander it is called Africa's mist beautiful campus
Real matters. Great Ife i rep any day...
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by masseratti: 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2021
My opinion? It's actually ugly... But the campus is beautiful.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by ofiko123(m): 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2021
The good old days...
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2021
OAU made me a man.
For learning and culture, sports and struggle

The struggle was real..... especially at whitehouse grin grin

Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2021
alexola20:
Igbos are worst racists in Nigeria.
I have Igbo friends too but they are not as different as the ones I read online.Very racist and tribalistic.
The ones I call friends,even though I see them as friends but they never see me as one of theirs.And the idiots still dey owe me money.

Better ensure you collect your money.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Mac2016(m): 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2021
deepwater:
Shamefull

the first generation buildings are more stronger and qualified than the new generation building.

I would never understand y bricks were used to make buildings in 2010 upwards in a school that had used concrete to
caste master pieces in the 60s...

Once again

Shameful
The sooner you discover the reason for the emboldened,the earlier you're permitted to reply.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by kayusely70(m): 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2021
amoduganja:

Sorry to burst ur bubble, u are not Ibo. Paid agents moving from thread to thread to create enmity between tribes.
we have so many of them here and other forums.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by alexola20(m): 8:30pm On Feb 26, 2021
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by 1kinggy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2021
deepwater:
Shamefull

I would never understand y bricks were used to make buildings in 2010 upwards in a school that had used concrete to caste master pieces in the 60s...

Once again

Shameful

That's the story of Nigeria. Where things of years gone are better than things of today.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Johnboom: 2:56am On Feb 27, 2021
Pharmjossy:
I love the campus too. But is now a shadow of it formal self. 1000 Seater at back of Moremi is now dilapidated.The air-conditioning is not working again. Most animal in Zoo are now extinct , Electron microscope in morbid Anatomy is not functioning again. 30 students to one cadava. Pathetic. May God heal our land.
Re: The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) by Johnboom: 3:02am On Feb 27, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:
OAU made me a man.
For learning and culture, sports and struggle

The struggle was real..... especially at whitehouse grin grin
Yes oh. Almighty CHM. The fear of white house is the beginning of Gp in great Ife .

A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. / Photo:Toilet In UNIPORT Hostel (graphic Images). / A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria