Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

The Disparity Between HND And Bsc Has Not Been Fixed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Disparity Between HND And Bsc Has Not Been Fixed (117 Views)

Difference Between BSc And BSc(Hons) / Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools / Labour market: No Discrimination Between HND And Bsc In Architecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Disparity Between HND And Bsc Has Not Been Fixed by nwabueze1999(m): 9:56am On Feb 26, 2021
Your Excellency Sir, am really sorry for disturbing you, but the issue I have in mind, when solved will be a big win to the citizens and for this Administration.
It's the issue of the Dichotomy between HND and BSc.
Sir, His Excellency, The President has in all ramifications done well by removing the Dichotomy between the two certificates, which some agencies have started complying to it with the Exception of the Educational Sector. You can't apply for a Masters Degree (MSc) if you do not first Top up your HND certificate with a Post Graduate Diploma.
Which time duration is from 1yr- 1yr 6months. Extra money and time.
In same vane, someone who tries to do purchase direct entry form to a University After his N.D (OND) Is no way better of because your 2yrs studying and 1yr studying equals to just year in the University as you are placed in 2nd year.
Many can't even transfer to other schools because they are from a Polytechnic or study abroad because most foreign schools do not accept HND.

Sir, I ask for pardon if I have spoken out of line sir, you are my last resort.
If all Polytechnics starts issuing Bachelor of Technology (BTech) or Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc) it will be to the merits of the citizens and it will be a big boost of trust with the Administration.
Sir, I would also plead that we take cue from most countries by turning all Polytechnics to University of Applied Sciences.

Thank your Excellency sir for granting me audience. I anticipate your earnest feedback.
Re: The Disparity Between HND And Bsc Has Not Been Fixed by nwabueze1999(m): 9:59am On Feb 26, 2021
that was my message to a one time Governor and Senator please y'all should help me push this.

(1) (Reply)

Ats Intensive Revision Live Class........ 15 Days To Ats Exams / Overhauling Education In Hong Kong / These Characters May Be Rendered Dependant On Your Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.