Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,433 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? - Forum Games (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? (23084 Views)

Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? / Which Bucket Will Get Filled First? / Which Of These Tanks Will Be The First To Get Filled? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by packmoney(m): 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2021
Lamasta:
If its not 4 then no water....
4 is blocked
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by adonisuwa(m): 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2021
None of the cups, because their no content inside the can to pour out.

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by SweetiliciousD: 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by ndachee: 6:04pm On Feb 26, 2021
CarGuideNG:
Tank 7 has a hole at the bottom, so it would never get filled.

The pipe leading to tank 4 is blocked off, so tank 4 would never get filled.

The pipe leading to tank 6 is also blocked off from the major end, so tank 6 would never get filled.

The outlet of tank 3 connects to tank 7 which has a hole at the bottom, so tank 3 would never get filled.

The outlet of tank 2 from tank 1, is lower than the outlet of tank 3 from tank 1, so tank 2 would get the liquid first.

However,

Tank 2 has an outlet to tank 5, so tank 2 would never get filled.

That would leave tank 1 and tank 5

Tank 5 would get filled first.

well analyzed. but check again, there is link from tank 5 to tank 6. it doesn't matter where the water is coming from what matter is which tank will be first to get filled. there tank 5 will never get fill till tank 6 is filled.

thenl answer to the question is tank 6 period.

3 Likes

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by Delary: 6:09pm On Feb 26, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by DADYMIKE(m): 6:12pm On Feb 26, 2021
If not 5 then it should be 6
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by Draslo(m): 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2021
BF69BF:
How's this even our problem? With all the irregularities going on in country, cup getting full is your problem.

OP, is your brain shaking?
It's brain teaser. It's supposed to shake your brain

2 Likes

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by CAPteencee(m): 6:25pm On Feb 26, 2021
adonisuwa:
None of the cups, because their no content inside the can to pour out.

I've been looking for who will notice this, even though I have 2 options..
Option 1. The Bottle is empty guys since tank 3 indicates a RED content .
Option 2. It's 6 (that's if the bottle has a content)

2 Likes

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by spinna: 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2021
I say 6 and on page 6 for that matter
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2021
Cestmoir:
cup no 4
Cup 4 is sealed. Nothing will get into it.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by Myer(m): 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2021
PharmaGirl:
So which one?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7?
Remember, it's not as simple as it looks wink.

Your time starts now!

It depends on the speed at which it is poured.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by IjeBos(m): 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2021
Too many variables to be answered. Some things have to be defined. What is the rate of flow of the bottle with the water in it and is that rate constant. What is the definition of "filled"? If the rate is really high and filled means the water has to reach the top of a container at some time(not stay full), than the answer would be #1. But I think the person who drew it wanted the answer to be "5"(constant small flow).

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by clemzo101(m): 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2021
Onyi22:
Nairaland is loosing it
my dear, we cant be reporting bad news all the time, this is just for fun. Someone like me really appreciate this.

2 Likes

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by clemzo101(m): 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2021
IjeBos:
Too many variables to be answered. Some things have to be defined. What is the rate of flow of the bottle with the water in it and is that rate constant. What is the definition of "filled"? If the rate is really high and filled means the water has to reach the top of a container at some time(not stay full), than the answer would be #1. But I think the person who drew it wanted the answer to be "5"(constant small flow).
onto this thing na him u dey speak all these grammar grin
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by Indispensable85(m): 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2021
The answer is cup 6 most definitely.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by Nzenozo(m): 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2021
No 4 is blocked so d answer = 5
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by Hayjay231(m): 7:22pm On Feb 26, 2021
None
PharmaGirl:
So which one?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7?
Remember, it's not as simple as it looks wink.

Your time starts now!
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by nnadiemmanuel20(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2021
Cup no 2
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by clemzo101(m): 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2021
uniquelyspecial:

I'm not understanding.... Who placed you in the position to say who is right or wrong? Give ya own answer and wait for result.

All of us na candidate here
grin grin grin
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by Invisibu: 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2021
Cestmoir:
cup no 4

Olodo
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by Gunayo(m): 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2021
I need to know the type of liquid first before I comment oooo.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by akigbemaru: 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2021
CarGuideNG:
Tank 7 has a hole at the bottom, so it would never get filled.

The pipe leading to tank 4 is blocked off, so tank 4 would never get filled.

The pipe leading to tank 6 is also blocked off from the major end, so tank 6 would never get filled.

The outlet of tank 3 connects to tank 7 which has a hole at the bottom, so tank 3 would never get filled.

The outlet of tank 2 from tank 1, is lower than the outlet of tank 3 from tank 1, so tank 2 would get the liquid first.

However,

Tank 2 has an outlet to tank 5, so tank 2 would never get filled.

That would leave tank 1 and tank 5

Tank 5 would get filled first.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by ghettokid1(m): 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2021
Cup no. 4
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by Dost42(m): 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by Haliraph(m): 8:51pm On Feb 26, 2021
cup number 4
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by Sormeh: 8:59pm On Feb 26, 2021
4, of course
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by CarGuideNG: 9:29pm On Feb 26, 2021
ndachee:

well analyzed. but check again, there is link from tank 5 to tank 6. it doesn't matter where the water is coming from what matter is which tank will be first to get filled. there tank 5 will never get fill till tank 6 is filled.

thenl answer to the question is tank 6 period.

Review my previous post explaining why tank 6 would never get filled. It has to do with the position of the inlet pipe/hose. Tank 5 is the correct solution.

Regards.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2021
4 is sealed grin didnt notice on time

5 , 6 respectively.
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by mechanics(m): 10:46pm On Feb 26, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by MrGrimm: 12:44am On Feb 27, 2021
Re: Brain Teaser: Which Cup Will Get Filled First? by GodisFirst: 2:52am On Feb 27, 2021
It all depends if there is something in the container, the viscosity and flow of the content.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sweet, Sexy And Beautiful Voices Of Nairalanders (The VNs Thread) / I'd Like To ______ The Person Above Me Part 2 / How Many Bags Are There In This Picture??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.