Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder (39409 Views)

Man Jailed For Attempted Trafficking Of Three Nigerian Girls To Libya / Police Detain Jobless Youth For Attempted Suicide, Court Grants N200,000 Bail / Jamel Nwokoye: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Attempted Rape, Assault (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Moboj: 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2021
The fear of them impounding his Car made him try zooming off
Selling people's Car's cause of one way driving is too much, just too much
This is the result of it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by maishai01: 6:25pm On Feb 26, 2021
But I can't stop laughing at the way he was screaming when caught cheesy

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Springboot: 6:25pm On Feb 26, 2021
maishai01:
So na driver?

No, the person driving a vehicle is called a wrestler

3 Likes

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by OdefaGirl(f): 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2021
I know he entered hot soup.... police?? Na yawa be that nah.

By the way..... Nairaland is becoming slow to access. What could be the reason?
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Minjim: 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2021
osamz007:
SEE WHAT DISOBEDIENCE HAS CAUSED HIM NOW

It's the police fault. They should have just told him to turn back. But they must extort him. That was what lead to his desperation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Greenback: 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2021
I just hate these lastma officers..see that one...they are so quick to jump into the driver's seat....that guy knows he's done for,he should've just given that Tiff Tiff lastma idiot some ...lemme not say.. grin
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Lovelyn451(f): 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2021
when he go dey cry like mumu...tchew
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by pocohantas(f): 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2021
Cc: Truthsayer009

When I watched that video, I knew NPF would so drain this guy.

OdefaGirl:
I know he entered hot soup.... police?? Na yawa be that nah.

By the way..... Nairaland is becoming slow to access. What could be the reason?

I swear. He was wrong to have taken one way, come resist arrest on top. But you see NPF? They will deal with this guy and they won’t be professional about it.

I know someone that knocked down a police officer while trying to evade a road block. The matter still dey make the guy cry years after. Once e remember am, cry. grin

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2021
THUNDER STRIKE THAT USELESS POLICE OFFICER!!!
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Kehiy: 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2021
Attempt murder ahh he should have stopped when the lasma de pursue am
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2021
Minjim:

It's the police fault. They should have just told him to turn back. But they must extort him. That was what lead to his desperation

Is it the fault or the police that he deliberately broke the law?

Will he say he did not know he was not supposed to drive one way ON A BRIDGE? A BRIDGE FOR FVCKS SAKE. Who does that?

In other saner climes he would be stopped, tested for substance abuse and then jailed.

Also in saner climes if he had pulled that stunt he pulled by using his vehicle as a deadly weapon against an officer, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT DEAD!

Entirely his fault and not that of the police.

7 Likes

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2021
That was t attempted murder o. Which kind court we get in Nigeria?. But d guy Belle in video no show say e dey too healthy Sha o. Very big and grotesque
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by emmatuegbe(m): 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2021
He should get a good lawyer, and allege that he felt the men holding gun in mofty were arm robbers, hence, his attempt to escape. He started showing emotion when he saw LATSMA official in uniform, who beckoned on him to stop. They actually appear so. might get a lighter sentence with this argument

8 Likes

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Srallens(m): 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2021
abumeinben:
Mehn...

Make dem pardon am abeg.

Na beg we dey. The good news is that the police officer is alive. Na hin duty hin dey do but e dey alive. Baba go do Thanksgiving on Sunday...make him invite us.

Sheedren of God ....praaaaaaaaaaiiiseee dalod \grin/

Alive but has a broken hand to tell his tale. If not for God, had it been he landed on that concrete, that would have been his end
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Ikem11(m): 6:35pm On Feb 26, 2021
FuckThaMod:
What stupid attempted murder? It was obvious he didn't willingly knocked off the officer but trust our useless police to fully capitalize on his predicament. Bastards

In law there is what you call murder first degree and 2nd degree... Also there is manslaughter (intentional and non-intentional)

Whichever way you look at the incident above it still attempted murder. That police man is a human being like you because some policemen are bad doesn't make them different from human like you.

2 Likes

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by pagoti(m): 6:36pm On Feb 26, 2021
that Toyota Highlander has gone for good. Lagos state government should let us know when they want auction the vehicle because I can see that the SUV is still clean

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Danielmegg(m): 6:37pm On Feb 26, 2021
positivevibez:
This one village people finally caught up with him
dem don use him destiny drink Palmwine
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Ezmans: 6:37pm On Feb 26, 2021
positivevibez:
This one village people finally caught up with him
de get spring for there neck?
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by 8stargeneral: 6:38pm On Feb 26, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Damn niggiiii

He's looking remorseful .... sorry mehnn .. prison is your new crib now....enjoy the beans and cassava flakes
Is like u done enter dia well well..
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by LordIsaac(m): 6:38pm On Feb 26, 2021
Mens rea has 4 elements:
Recklessly, intentionally, negligently and Knowingly. Hence, he's culpable when recklesness is combined with the acteus reus. I pity him sha.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Srallens(m): 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2021
JOACHINpedro:
That video shows how untrained the average Nigerian forceman is.
Imagine after the fall, the Ak47 around was being treated like toy.
I laughed so hard as I watch force men behaving immature grin

Probably laughing cos of something else you might have inhaled.

He was proactive enough even in that precarious situation to leave his riffle and fall without it. Do you know the riffle may have accidentally discharged if he were to fall with it?

4 Likes

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2021
Assaulting a police officer and attempted murder. Should not be taken as there is no evidence that he knock the police officer into the canal.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2021
Viknat:
That was t attempted murder o. Which kind court we get in Nigeria?. But d guy Belle in video no show say e dey too healthy Sha o. Very big and grotesque

That was attempted Murder. It can be argued that the driver first looked at his rearview mirror and clearly saw the officer before he reversed into him.

It can also be argued that he was screaming because he never expected the officer to be knocked down the bridge. Lawyers will package the story very well

As long as his vehicle became the weapon that was used to carry out that act and he was driving, it is attempted murder. He should just thank God that there was water deep enough to cushion the fall of the officer otherwise we would be talking about something else.

3 Likes

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by rocknation62(m): 6:42pm On Feb 26, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Damn niggiiii

He's looking remorseful .... sorry mehnn .. prison is your new crib now....enjoy the beans and cassava flakes

Beans & cassava flakes Garri

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by spinna: 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2021
this guy don get full stack .. Fake license join plus attempted murder.. E go nearly pay the price of that car.. All because of 5 mins patience

2 Likes

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Minjim: 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Is it the fault or the police that he deliberately broke the law?

Will he say he did not know he was not supposed to drive one way ON A BRIDGE? A BRIDGE FOR FVCKS SAKE. Who does that?

In other saner climes he would be stopped, tested for substance abuse and then jailed.

Also in saner climes if he had pulled that stunt he pulled by using his vehicle as a deadly weapon against an officer, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT DEAD!

Entirely his fault and not that of the police.

It's fault initially. But everyone knows that traffic offence in Nigeria is extortion.
If you are a driver your instinct is to escape the extortion. Watch the video and you'll understand my comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by JOACHINpedro: 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2021
Srallens:

Probably laughing cos of something else you might have inhaled.

He was proactive enough even in that precarious situation to leave his riffle and fall without it. Do you know the riffle may have accidentally discharged if he were to fall with it?
After the fall

Watch how his colleagues were behaving like they've gone banana. The security conscious in them were levelled to Zero. Imagine if the culprit secured that arm? Na to scatter everyone ni.
Go back to that video and watch our forcemen behaving like kiddos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by OdefaGirl(f): 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2021
pocohantas:
Cc: Truthsayer009

When I watched that video, I knew NPF would so drain this guy.

I swear. He was wrong to have taken one way, come resist arrest on top. But you see NPF? They will deal with this guy and they won’t be professional about it.

I know someone that knocked down a police officer while trying to evade a road block. The matter still dey make the guy cry years after. Once e remember am, cry. grin

Chaiii..... not just that, he's gonna lose his car too. It's a pity. Na few seconds...... plenty thing go scatter.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Srallens(m): 6:45pm On Feb 26, 2021
FuckThaMod:
What stupid attempted murder? It was obvious he didn't willingly knocked off the officer but trust our useless police to fully capitalize on his predicament. Bastards

Are you saying the reverse wasn't intentional?
We expect things to in the country but some of us keep supporting things that obviously every sane individual should chastise

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by seborrhic: 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2021
Not everyone is born with the same spirit and no one like the future,can tell which kind of spirit one came with.
That is why one must always control his/her anger because one stupid 1minute or even less of anger can change the entire destiny of one's for bad.
See one careless act of lack of control has caused this man.
To be charged with attempted murder is destiny changing.
He is stylishly looking at up to 30yrs if not more.
I bet if he is told now to have his car forfeited or bribe those officials with even ₦1million,he wud jump at the offer.
Alas,his thoughtless and minute of anger has changed his entire life.

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2021
Minjim:

It's fault initially. But everyone knows that traffic offence in Nigeria is extortion.
If you are a driver your instinct is to escape the extortion. Watch the video and you'll understand my comment

Excuses do not erase the law my friend. From trying to escape extortion he has landed in the soup of attempted murder along with 5 other charges.

Is he not the fool?

2 Likes

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by laivwire(m): 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
Any way you weave it, hes still going behind bars. Too bad.

2 options:
1. Plead guilty and get a lesser sentences to run concurrently.
2. Hustle it out and get a longer sentence plus severe punitive financial levies.

Na hustle he go hustle wey life con hustle am. May we not kan agbako

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PIC: Woman Collects Money, Hands 14-year-old To Rapist - Punch Metro / Man Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In A Forest In Southern Kaduna (Graphic Pics) / McKenzie Nicole Adams Commits Suicide By Hanging After Being Bullied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.