Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder (39412 Views)

Man Jailed For Attempted Trafficking Of Three Nigerian Girls To Libya / Police Detain Jobless Youth For Attempted Suicide, Court Grants N200,000 Bail / Jamel Nwokoye: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Attempted Rape, Assault (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Larrykaysail(m): 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2021
abumeinben:
Mehn...

Make dem pardon am abeg.

Na beg we dey. The good news is that the police officer is alive. Na hin duty hin dey do but e dey alive. Baba go do Thanksgiving on Sunday...make him invite us.

Sheedren of God ....praaaaaaaaaaiiiseee dalod \grin/
why did he follow one way, atleast 3 month is ok for him

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 26, 2021
pocohantas:
Cc: Truthsayer009

When I watched that video, I knew NPF would so drain this guy.

I swear. He was wrong to have taken one way, come resist arrest on top. But you see NPF? They will deal with this guy and they won’t be professional about it.

I know someone that knocked down a police officer while trying to evade a road block. The matter still dey make the guy cry years after. Once e remember am, cry. grin

Omo the charges plenty oh.

1. Driving against traffic (one way)
2. Resisting arrest
3. Reckless and dangerous driving
4. Driving with invalid drivers license (This one must be a lie lol)
5. Assaulting a police officer
6. Attempted murder.

At the ruling, no bail or fine was given.

Imaging driving SUV to sleeping in a cell.

That's why it's always good to be calm in time of trouble honestly.

Dagrin also died by accident while trying to run away from the police according to news sources.

All you will pay is money, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by olaolaking: 11:35pm On Feb 26, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
He should get a good lawyer, nothing will happen. If the silly police like, let them not learn their lesson. They should continue chasing cars as if they are chasing goats, one day they will meet the man that will push them into lagoon.
The court will be hearing the case by March 26. I hope you can surface that day at the court to defend him since you are so intelligent of a lawyer.

But till then, he won't sleep in his house..... and only God knows when he will have access to his freedom. But I doubt if that will happen this year no matter your defense line as smart lawyer
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 26, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Is it the fault or the police that he deliberately broke the law?

Will he say he did not know he was not supposed to drive one way ON A BRIDGE? A BRIDGE FOR FVCKS SAKE. Who does that?

In other saner climes he would be stopped, tested for substance abuse and then jailed.

Also in saner climes if he had pulled that stunt he pulled by using his vehicle as a deadly weapon against an officer, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT DEAD!

Entirely his fault and not that of the police.
if it was the US he used his vehicle in hitting a police officer the other officers would have shot at him.yankee police wey no get chill.i know naija people police behaves anyhow at times but then some nigerian drivers are also plain irresponsible . In some nigerian cities sef u see some drivers even driving their car on top sidewalk meant for pedestrians.Instead of the guy to beg wen caught in the wrong he wan dey do fast and furious.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 26, 2021
olaolaking:
The court will be hearing the case by March 26. I hope you can surface that day at the court to defend him since you are so intelligent of a lawyer.

But till then, he won't sleep in his house..... and only God knows when he will have access to his freedom. But I doubt if that will happen this year no matter your defense line as smart lawyer
anything is possible in naija.if d guy get connection he can quash d case but looking at him I doubt if he go get connection or even enuf money to settle d case.na only God go help am.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 26, 2021
Larrykaysail:
why did he follow one way, atleast 3 month is ok for him
most drivers are always fond of following one day..especially commercial drivers.if u reach benin there some mad commercial drivers who even drive on top sidewalk sef
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by abimic(m): 11:43pm On Feb 26, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
He should get a good lawyer, nothing will happen. If the silly police like, let them not learn their lesson. They should continue chasing cars as if they are chasing goats, one day they will meet the man that will push them into lagoon.
The only thing certain is the guy serving a jail term, he's not escaping that if he likes, let him hire akeredolu and falana combined, he is surely spending sometime in prison, he's only just starting anyway.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Intent to kill or not, fact remains he wielded his vehicle as a deadly weapon. I am sure you saw the word DEADLY before weapon.

That right there is the intent to kill or maim but of course a 2 ton SUV would definitely kill a human so scratch maim off the list.

It was attempted murder be it premeditated or involuntary.

Video evidence would easily make the charge to stick.

If the Officer had not been knocked off the bridge he would have been crushed by the car against the guard wall. Either way it would have been fatal.

Dude is in big trouble and every lawyer knows it
The deadly maneuver does not define "intent to kill" beyond reasonable doubt. You will need a black dictionary to define the term weapon and deadly. You will remember this day that I said attempted murder does not hold water.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:50pm On Feb 26, 2021
lefulefu:
anything is possible in naija.if d guy get connection he can quash d case but looking at him I doubt if he go get connection or even enuf money to settled case.na only God go help am.
, Don't forget the prosecuting counsel can opt for out of court settlement and that ends the case.

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by berrystunn(m): 12:15am On Feb 27, 2021
Anneka101:
The moment they posted that video online, I know the man is in for a big problem.

I pray he gets out of this huge mess.

Huge what ?
Story , small thing

As long as he did not to it to Oga at the top
Cash will clear up the way with 1 phone call .

Nigeria my home away from home .
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by GodisFirst: 2:29am On Feb 27, 2021
ebukajay184:

https://igberetvnews.com/1383714/driver-knocked-police-officer-canal-arraigned-attempted-murder-photo/

He should get a good lawyer. the evidence is already there in the social media. the video showed that he was only trying to escape while the police led Agberos used another vehicle to block him, in an attempt to go back, the police man took a pleasure swim into the canal. he is very lucky to survive after taking some dose of the contents of that dirty water plus the impact due to the fall.

This is the reason Police, Road safety , VIO etc should never chase traffic offenders, the more you do the more you cause more unsafe conditions or acts.

All that is required is to take the date and time of the incident, take a picture or make a video of the vehicle/ incident, the vehicle Reg. number and through it get all the details and comfortably meet the car owner and collect the fine. Finish.
Government can make much money from this as many will be defaulting and paying until they reason not to commit such offence again.
In America, the camera picks you and you get the ticket to pay fine at your door step, if you doubt it you are allowed to go to court and contest it but if you loose the case the fine will be increased. Also delays in paying will also lead to more increase. So you weight all the factors and advise yourself rightly.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by drmikeadams(m): 4:15am On Feb 27, 2021
berrystunn:

Huge what ?
Story , small thing

As long as he did not to it to Oga at the top
Cash will clear up the way with 1 phone call .

Nigeria my home away from home .

Haha.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by chinchum(m): 5:54am On Feb 27, 2021
GodisFirst:

He should get a good lawyer. the evidence is already there in the social media. the video showed that he was only trying to escape while the police led Agberos used another vehicle to block him, in an attempt to go back, the police man took a pleasure swim into the canal. he is very lucky to survive after taking some dose of the contents of that dirty water plus the impact due to the fall.

This is the reason Police, Road safety , VIO etc should never chase traffic offenders, the more you do the more you cause more unsafe conditions or acts.

All that is required is to take the date and time of the incident, take a picture or make a video of the vehicle/ incident, the vehicle Reg. number and through it get all the details and comfortably meet the car owner and collect the fine. Finish.
Government can make much money from this as many will be defaulting and paying until they reason not to commit such offence again.
In America, the camera picks you and you get the ticket to pay fine at your door step, if you doubt it you are allowed to go to court and contest it but if you loose the case the fine will be increased. Also delays in paying will also lead to more increase. So you weight all the factors and advise yourself rightly.
Interesting gibberish !
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by chinchum(m): 5:59am On Feb 27, 2021
Attempted murder is not out of place, he would have killed the officer with his car by ramming him to the bridge guard and i believe the officer in an attempt to escape the lunatic dived in to the canal. That man will easily commit a "hit and run", and the victim could have been a friend or family of any of us. He was driving one way after series of vehicles impounded in recent months in Lagos, he obviously needs a brain scan.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Larrykaysail(m): 7:06am On Feb 27, 2021
lefulefu:
most drivers are always fond of following one day..especially commercial drivers.if u reach benin there some mad commercial drivers who even drive on top sidewalk sef
Humm and na them go say country no good , stay bless bro..

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by hardbody: 9:45am On Feb 27, 2021
sucess001:
I really feel for him o. Imagine leaving home and in a few hours you are in prison for a month at least...

Attempted murder is a joke...how do you prove mens rea for this?

Good question. Indeed the police could deliberately frame a wrong charge to give him an escape route. This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by InvertedHammer: 10:36am On Feb 27, 2021
/
For sure, that policeman ain't chasing any car anytime soon. grin

/
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by jeruba: 12:07pm On Feb 27, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
your mother would do just fine as the lawyer...why spew rubbish if you have nothing to say??
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:16pm On Feb 27, 2021
jeruba:
your mother would do just fine as the lawyer...why spew rubbish if you have nothing to say??
Haba oga mi, why my mother? Why not insult me just like the rest before you did? That guy was trying to run away out of fear and in the course pushed the cop into the water. What he did as reckless, but calling it attempted murder is completely out of place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

McKenzie Nicole Adams Commits Suicide By Hanging After Being Bullied / I Killed My Wife Because She Planned To Remarry After My Death / I Pretended As Herbalist To Dupe Unsuspecting Victims In Osun — Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.