Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder (39407 Views)

Man Jailed For Attempted Trafficking Of Three Nigerian Girls To Libya / Police Detain Jobless Youth For Attempted Suicide, Court Grants N200,000 Bail / Jamel Nwokoye: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Attempted Rape, Assault (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Srallens(m): 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

After the fall

Watch how his colleagues were behaving like they've gone banana. The security conscious in them were levelled to Zero. Imagine if the culprit secured that arm? Na to scatter everyone ni.
Go back to that video and watch our forcemen behaving like kiddos
. Those ones weren't trained to carry arms? You know that?

And the riffle doesn't belong to them.

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by FuckThaMod: 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
Srallens:

Are you saying the reverse wasn't intentional?
We expect things to in the country but some of us keep supporting things that obviously every sane individual should chastise
So someone shouldn't reverse again or what?
I'm sure he wouldn't have reversed if he knew the police was there and at danger.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by HBB1(m): 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2021
maishai01:
But I can't stop laughing at the way he was screaming when caught cheesy

I watch that thing like 5 times daily! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Srallens(m): 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2021
FuckThaMod:

I'm sure he wouldn't have reversed if he knew the police was there and at danger.
. Do you even know he was driving against the traffic in the first place and that's what he was being accosted for?

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by JOACHINpedro: 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2021
Srallens:
. Those ones weren't trained to carry arms? You know that?

And the riffle doesn't belong to them.
I never knew sha. But they shouldn't have been careless with such assault riffle in the mist of a culprit. Anything could have happened you know?
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by CrownWale93(m): 6:54pm On Feb 26, 2021
What of the security agents or forces that also drive against traffic rule and also drive with no license or expired licence. In animal kingdom one animal is greater than other. I'm not trying to justify the guy and his likes act oo but "ceteris paribus" all things been equal
sammyj:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked The state government warned against driver in the opposite direction some drivers still disobey it. How on earth does someone pass through one in his or her right senses. Hopefully this will serve as deterrent to other careless drivers in the state. However, he can plea for bail and lesser sentence if he gets a good lawyer that can plea for attempted manslaughter shocked shocked
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
FuckThaMod:

The law does not dwell on assumptions but on facts.

He reversed the vehicle into an officer and almost killed him. That is the FACT.

If you claim he would not have reversed the vehicle if he knew the cop was there then the question would have been WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS SIDE AND REARVIEW MIRRORS?

3 Likes

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by aryzgreat: 6:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
Na d same blue polo he still wear on top all these heat.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Aug28th(m): 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2021
Plus the car will get auctioned
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Emzenoz(m): 6:59pm On Feb 26, 2021
so quick to arraign him. but if na police shot person now, it will take years to take him to court
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by wirinet(m): 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2021
Hollatee87:
But it wasn't premeditated na
That's how ignorant the Nigerian police is. How can you prove murder without premeditation and intent. They just threw that one in there to probably deny the man of bail.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Ravern: 7:05pm On Feb 26, 2021
I know that many will not like my comment but i doubt if that guy knocked the police officer into the the canal.
A car on reverse cannot scoop someone and throw him into the canal. Was the office standing on the edge of the culvert
or what? If the car is to knock him off while didnt the police officer got trapped between the car and the bridge culvert.
What likely happened that as the car was furiously coming toward the police officer, he jumped and landed in the canal.

I have watched the video I never see how he was knocked off.

Anyway he committed the first offence by driving on one way and when asked to stop, he refused so he should dance the government music

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by johnnychuks(m): 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2021
oboy see trouble for this guy, police we use this opportunity to level all the #ENDSARS protest in Lagos on him.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Liverpoolfc(m): 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2021
The case of attempted murder will not hold water. The main determinant of attempted murder is "intent to kill" but failed. Criminal code section 275b. The police with best lawyer can never prove intent to kill. From the video evidence, the man was crying showing that was never his intention. Get a lawyer and get out of that place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
He should get a good lawyer, nothing will happen. If the silly police like, let them not learn their lesson. They should continue chasing cars as if they are chasing goats, one day they will meet the man that will push them into lagoon.

You mean it?

A good lawyer will get him out of the shitt we saw on that video?

Well, I hope you are a good lawyer, because your skills are needed on his case.

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by ppogba: 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2021
Tetehjewels:

The law does not dwell on assumptions but on facts.

He reversed the vehicle into an officer and almost killed him. That is the FACT.

If you claim he would not have reversed the vehicle if he knew the cop was there then the question would have been WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS SIDE AND REARVIEW MIRRORS?

By now, you should have known that the arguments people put up on this forum are nohingt short of those of children.

PERHAPS, MAYBE BECAUSE MAJORITY ARE INDEED KIDS.

A clown was even saying if the guy should get a good lawyer, nothing will happen.

For some issues here, it is better to just read comments and waka pass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2021
ppogba:

By now, you should have known that the arguments people put up on this forum are nohingt short of those of children.

PERHAPS, MAYBE BECAUSE MAJORITY ARE INDEED KIDS.

A clown was even saying if the guy should get a good lawyer, nothing will happen.

For some issues here, it is better to just read comments and waka pass.

I am always amazed at the way some nairalanders reason and these are supposed to be educated people

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Kurumaru: 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
He should get a good lawyer, nothing will happen. If the silly police like, let them not learn their lesson. They should continue chasing cars as if they are chasing goats, one day they will meet the man that will push them into lagoon.
God bless u for ur inputs... Thats how those idiots in uniform put fear in people thereby pushing them to misbehave.. bastards...
I nearly cried for that Sunday guy until I saw the other part of the video showing the police officer alive..
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by doxijaw: 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2021
Typical. No sense of accountability or ethics.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2021
Liverpoolfc:
The case of attempted murder will not hold water. The main determinant of attempted murder is "intent to kill" but failed. Criminal code section 275b. The police with best lawyer can never prove intent to kill. From the video evidence, the man was crying showing that was never his intention. Get a lawyer and get out of that place.

Intent to kill or not, fact remains he wielded his vehicle as a deadly weapon. I am sure you saw the word DEADLY before weapon.

That right there is the intent to kill or maim but of course a 2 ton SUV would definitely kill a human so scratch maim off the list.

It was attempted murder be it premeditated or involuntary.

Video evidence would easily make the charge to stick.

If the Officer had not been knocked off the bridge he would have been crushed by the car against the guard wall. Either way it would have been fatal.

Dude is in big trouble and every lawyer knows it

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by wirinet(m): 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2021
Tetehjewels:

I am always amazed at the way some nairalanders reason and these are supposed to be educated people
People are only questioning the attempted murder charge and not the other ones. To prove attempted murder, you will first have to prove premeditation and then intent. Killing without premeditation and motif is at best manslaughter, but then can you charge someone with attempted manslaughter?

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by ppogba: 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2021
Tetehjewels:

That they are supposed to be "educated" is a wrong assumption.

Perhaps may be if we take into cognizance the fact we have the educated, the semi-educated, the barely literate AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT KNOW BUT DO NOT KNOW THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by meobizy(f): 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2021
I hope he learns a lesson from this. If not for this humbling experience he would continue the same gra-gra until something worse happened.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by wirinet(m): 7:21pm On Feb 26, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Intent to kill or not, fact remains he wielded his vehicle as a deadly weapon. I am sure you saw the word DEADLY before weapon.

That right there is the intent to kill or maim but of course a 2 ton SUV would definitely kill a human so scratch maim off the list.

It was attempted murder be it premeditated or involuntary.

Video evidence would easily make the charge to stick.

If the Officer had not been knocked off the bridge he would have been crushed by the car against the guard wall. Either way it would have been fatal.

Dude is in big trouble and every lawyer knows it
It seems you don't understand what murder is legally.
The man obviously did not leave home with the intention to kill a certain police office. His intent was to evade arrest, albeit dangerously. If the police officer had died, that would be manslaughter and not murder,

2 Likes

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 26, 2021
wirinet:

People are only questioning the attempted murder charge and not the other ones. To prove attempted murder, you will first have to prove premeditation and then intent. Killing without premeditation and motif is at best manslaughter, but then can you charge someone with attempted manslaughter?

Here is premeditation.

Lawyer to Police: Sir does your car have its side and rearview mirrors intact?

Accused: Yes it does

Lawyer to Judge: My Lord here are pictures of the car clearly showing that the side and rearview mirrors of the vehicle are intact

Lawyer to accused: How long have you been driving

Accused: X number of years

Lawyer: what are you supposed to do before you reverse a vehicle as an experienced driver?

Accused: Use my rearview mirror

Lawyer to Accused: I put it to you that on said day you made use of your rearview mirrors and clearly saw the officer behind you and then deliberately reversed into him because you thought he might use his weapon on you or your car tire

If he says that is false, he is FVCKED. If he says that is true, he is still FVCKED .

1 Like

Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by VictorUSA(m): 7:23pm On Feb 26, 2021
The police know how to discharge their duties against people with little crime but not against people with high crime.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by sammyj: 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2021
Hmmmm !!! Food for thought !! angry angry angry
CrownWale93:
What of the security agents or forces that also drive against traffic rule and also drive with no license or expired licence. In animal kingdom one animal is greater than other. I'm not trying to justify the guy and his likes act oo but "ceteris paribus" all things been equal
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by einsteine(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Good lawyer or not, his next arraignment is on March 26. He will be in prison till then. Judge would say his case is a capital offence so non bailable and they would adjourn till September. That's how people spend years in prison.

Good lawyer indeed. Better to avoid trouble.
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2021
emmatuegbe:
He should get a good lawyer, and allege that he felt the men holding gun in mofty were arm robbers, hence, his attempt to escape. He started showing emotion when he saw LATSMA official in uniform, who beckoned on him to stop. They actually appear so. might get a lighter sentence with this argument

Lol... Nairaland lawyers and clownish comments cheesy
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by FuckThaMod: 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2021
Srallens:
. Do you even know he was driving against the traffic in the first place and that's what he was being accosted for?
I'm not saying he shouldn't be charged for his offences.. I'm only saying they shouldn't use and tell lies the poor man
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2021
wirinet:

It seems you don't understand what murder is legally.
The man obviously did not leave home with the intention to kill a certain police office. His intent was to evade arrest, albeit dangerously. If the police officer had died, that would be manslaughter and not murder,

He doesn't have to leave home with intent to kill. He acted on the spur of the moment and therein lies his intent.

He intended to evade arrest by using his vehicle as a deadly weapon. That is attempted murder
Re: Driver Who Knocked Off Police Officer Into Canal Arraigned For Attempted Murder by Amedmora: 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2021
ah ah! attemted murder?? in my opinion, the other charges may fly but this will not seeing as he had no intention to kill the policeman, he was only trying to evade the officers and luck ran out on him. he had no intention to kill any of them. Just like any other criminal matter, there must be an intention to commit that crime. Hence, the driver had absolutely no intention to kill that police officer and should not be charged for attempted murder.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burial Of 20 People Who Drowned While Fleeing From Bandits In Niger State / Man Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In A Forest In Southern Kaduna (Graphic Pics) / How Ope Badamosi Was Murdered By Togolese Cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.