Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California (37615 Views)

My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California Part 2 (video) / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Ifesinachi22(m): 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
Go an see the kind English this one go dey speak grin grin
Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by ifymadu: 6:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Yes indeed it does, and it’s such a peaceful and relaxing experience!

Funny enough, I've never been to California before but hope to soon. I'm more in the east coast...

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Twelfthman: 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
exquisite smiley

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Schifo: 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
Awesome; welcome our ‘Wife’.

Both, I’m from the states (my husband is Nigerian). Born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. My family and parents moved to AZ almost 20 years ago and I followed shortly after. I love it here, beautiful warm weather year round and I’m close California, Vegas, Mexico and Hawaii. Lots of non-stop flights to places around the world (and the east coast) so I’m able to travel fairly easy.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Schifo: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
Your time will come my Brother. So long as there is life; you will get to your own promise land . Just remain steadfast and believe.
Puloc:
This is so beautiful. America makes my blood rich and fulfilled but yet am far away in late 34' 23" long 35' 23" here in Africa. I intend to travel one day to Italy and sail the Mediterranean in a ship drinking European wine in a boat. Meanwhile I wonder if south Africa are better than America in d wine business.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Keketu(m): 6:59pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Yes, I absolutely love wine. And it’s such a beautiful experience in Napa!

I’ve had the pleasure of wine tasting internationally in Italy, France, Greece and Hungary. Spain is on my list next!
wow please pm me thank

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by chygoz3(m): 7:00pm On Mar 01, 2021
Reminds me of the movie "The Parent Trap".
Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by sharpwriter(m): 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Lol, yes! When you come and visit wine country you must be prepared to sample and drink lots of delicious wines! It’s such a great and fun experience! grin

Hmmmn... With this sampling of wine here and there, I hope person no go begin see double before him comot for that place o cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by AnthonyAk(m): 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
Curiouscity:

Even the beer, we are not innovative about it.

Well, for wine, we can make wines from tonnes of other stuffs. Sadly, our people won't patronize Nigerian wines. I am presently making delicious wines from honey, zobo, pineapple, mango, banana, grapefruit, and other tropical fruits.

How long do u age ur wines?
Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Curiouscity(m): 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
AnthonyAk:

How long do u age ur wines?

It depends on the kind of fruits used. There are wines that won't benefit from any aging, such meads (honey wines). But most reds do well with age. The minimum is 6 months. But I have 2.5 years that is yet to be tasted. I also have some that I am targeting 10 - 20 years, but these are special.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Crayfish09: 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2021
Hisbah must hear this. Write it down
Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by TWoods(m): 7:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Really cool - remember going there 3 years ago... a very lovely spot!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by AnthonyAk(m): 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2021
Curiouscity:

It depends on the kind of fruits used. There are wines that won't benefit from any aging, such meads (honey wines). But most reds do well with age. The minimum is 6 months. But I have 2.5 years that is yet to be tasted. I also have some that I targeting 10 - 20 years, but these are special.

Nice aged in barrels? Ive never had mead before. I really like thinking outside the box

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
op u go wear camo...
9ja soja dey road oo! grin

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Curiouscity(m): 8:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
AnthonyAk:

Nice aged in barrels? Ive never had mead before. I really like thinking outside the box
I do small batches for now. So, I only have one small oak barrel.

Mead is for the royals. It has a very interesting history, and very delicious too.

I am currently experimenting aging with earthen wares (qvevri) like it was done in the medieval Greece.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by juniorstar(m): 8:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
op na cruise level u dey..

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by juman(m): 9:06pm On Mar 01, 2021
What is the taste of wine. Sweet or sour.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by donprinyo(m): 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
The kind of people to be listened to and not all dis herdsmen sympathizers

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Mstravelindiva: 9:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
juman:
What is the taste of wine. Sweet or sour.

Excellent question, see below. This isn’t an inclusive of all tasting notes but gives you an idea. Cheers!

Fruity Red Wine Terms/notes:
Sweet Raspberry, Maraschino Cherry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Jam, Prune, Candied Fruit, Black Raisin, Baking Spices, Toffee, Vanilla and Sweet Tobacco

Fruity White Wine Terms/notes:
Sweet Meyer Lemon, Baked Apple, Mandarin Orange, Ripe Peach, Mango, Sweet Pineapple, Ripe Pear, Cantaloupe, Crème Brûlée, Caramel, and Vanilla

Savory Red Wine Terms/notes:
Cranberry, Rhubarb, Black Currant (aka Cassis), Green Bell Pepper, Green Peppercorn, Olive, Wild Strawberry, Sour Cherry, Mulberry, Bilberry, Peony, Wild Blueberry, Dried Herbs, Game, Sage, Leather, Tobacco, Charcoal, Tar, Underbrush, Garrigue, Gravel, Torrefaction, Mineral-Driven and Woodsmoke

Savory White Wine Terms/notes:
Lime, Lemon, Pith, Quince, Bitter Almond, Green Apple, Apple Skin, Gooseberry, Jalapeño, Grapefruit, Green Papaya, Thyme, Chervil, Grass, Flint, Chalk, Petrichor, Minerally

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by juman(m): 9:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Excellent question, see below. This isn’t an inclusive of all tasting notes but gives you an idea. Cheers!

Fruity Red Wine Terms/notes:
Sweet Raspberry, Maraschino Cherry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Jam, Prune, Candied Fruit, Black Raisin, Baking Spices, Toffee, Vanilla and Sweet Tobacco

Fruity White Wine Terms/notes:
Sweet Meyer Lemon, Baked Apple, Mandarin Orange, Ripe Peach, Mango, Sweet Pineapple, Ripe Pear, Cantaloupe, Crème Brûlée, Caramel, and Vanilla

Savory Red Wine Terms/notes:
Cranberry, Rhubarb, Black Currant (aka Cassis), Green Bell Pepper, Green Peppercorn, Olive, Wild Strawberry, Sour Cherry, Mulberry, Bilberry, Peony, Wild Blueberry, Dried Herbs, Game, Sage, Leather, Tobacco, Charcoal, Tar, Underbrush, Garrigue, Gravel, Torrefaction, Mineral-Driven and Woodsmoke

Savory White Wine Terms/notes:
Lime, Lemon, Pith, Quince, Bitter Almond, Green Apple, Apple Skin, Gooseberry, Jalapeño, Grapefruit, Green Papaya, Thyme, Chervil, Grass, Flint, Chalk, Petrichor, Minerally

Hmmm
Range of tastes.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Mstravelindiva: 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2021
juman:

Hmmm
Range of tastes.

Thanks.

Yes, and that what I love about it - it offers something for everyone’s palate!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Bluntemperor: 10:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Yes, I absolutely love wine. And it’s such a beautiful experience in Napa!

I’ve had the pleasure of wine tasting internationally in Italy, France, Greece and Hungary. Spain is on my list next!

OP, you dey enjoy o!
Biko,no one tastes all these wine bottles,remain same o.
See,when you dey come,remember for me o,but I no go taste as you do for the glasses wet you dey drink - gelenke,gelenke as if no go allow finish!��

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by KingMack(m): 11:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mstravelindiva:
For my wine lovers, please don’t sleep on Napa Valley, California. It’s about 75 miles north of San Francisco and offers some of the BEST wines in the world. Just another location to consider for anyone vacationing here in the future.

For travel tips or if you have questions, please follow me on: Instagram:@MsTravelinDiva_
TikTok: MsTravelinDiva_
YouTube:
https://youtube.com/channel/UCAYIVz9SCrNeWWDC-X5YB9

Below are pics from my recent trip there (pic 2: is a wine cave at Hall Wines, very cool!)

Safe Travels and Be Well~

You shouldn't be taking that wine alone it supposed to be me ad you!
Table for two!!
Two glasses!!
And a bottle of their finest wine.. together we could have a meaningful conversations..think about this
Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Mummymahdi(f): 11:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
Hmmm my 1st hubby is travelling but lack of resources has made it impossible for me, na to lòk for what to eat make me forget what hobby means again

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by deavicky(m): 11:55pm On Mar 01, 2021
Imagine wine country while some people wah they supply tomatoes and pepper they make guy for here.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Mikeparlo12(m): 1:13am On Mar 02, 2021
Napa Valley.... Yes. Napa, Petaluma and Sonoma is the wine city in Northern California. Amazing place for vacation. I was opportune to live in Petaluma for one year. Lovely place

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Mstravelindiva: 1:31am On Mar 02, 2021
Mikeparlo12:
Napa Valley.... Yes. Napa, Petaluma and Sonoma is the wine city in Northern California. Amazing place for vacation. I was opportune to live in Petaluma for one year. Lovely place

You are blessed my friend, that is a gorgeous area!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by sunboy(m): 2:22am On Mar 02, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Both, I’m from the states (my husband is Nigerian). Born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. My family and parents moved to AZ almost 20 years ago and I followed shortly after. I love it here, beautiful warm weather year round and I’m close California, Vegas, Mexico and Hawaii. Lots of non-stop flights to places around the world (and the east coast) so I’m able to travel fairly easy.

Hey Phoenician ... what part of the Valley are you?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by lionlee216(m): 3:14am On Mar 02, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

No, I’m in Arizona which is a neighboring state.

Since you live in AZ, pls tell me what's so special about Grand Canyon?

I look on expedia and the trip is always expensive

1 Like

Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by AnthonyAk(m): 4:41am On Mar 02, 2021
Curiouscity:

I do small batches for now. So, I only have one small oak barrel.

Mead is for the royals. It has a very interesting history, and very delicious too.

I am currently experimenting aging with earthen wares (qvevri) like it was done in the medieval Greece.

This is good look. Would like to try it some day. Do u ship around lagos or port harcourt? Would glady support ur business when next im in naija
Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Mstravelindiva: 4:43am On Mar 02, 2021
sunboy:

Hey Phoenician ... what part of the Valley are you?

Howdy neighbor! I’m in Scottsdale. You?
Re: My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California by Mstravelindiva: 4:49am On Mar 02, 2021
lionlee216:

Since you live in AZ, pls tell me what's so special about Grand Canyon?

I look on expedia and the trip is always expensive

It’s one of the worlds seven wonders. The view will have you speechless. And if you’re headed there be sure to stop in Sedona to view the red rock canyon along the way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . / It’s Not Our Responsibility,brt Staff React To The Dirtiness Of Their Bus(photo) / Keke Napep Vs Korope Bus: Which Is More Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.