Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,218 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg (26873 Views)

Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) / Luxembourg Becomes The First Country To Make All Public Transportation Free / Luxembourg Enquiries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by ImDStar: 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
What's the latest on Luxembourg university?

Any news
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Superted01(m): 1:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
Kooll:
Hi, please how did you pay the application fee. I seem stuck there.

Please how did you make the payment and is English language proficiency accepted.
How much is the 50 euro in naira please.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by kunlevski003(m): 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
Superted01:
Please how did you make the payment and is English language proficiency accepted.
How much is the 50 euro in naira please.

You can pay with a domiciliary acct debit card. I paid mine with a GT naira debit card before CBN reduced int'l payment to $20. I was charged about ₦28k.

Also, I will advise you upload a test report showing proficiency. I don't think a letter of proficiency will carry much weight like an English test report. My opinion though. The reason is because you're competing with people with better profiles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Superted01(m): 11:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
kunlevski003:

You can pay with a domiciliary acct debit card. I paid mine with a GT naira debit card before CBN reduced int'l payment to $20. I was charged about ₦28k.

Also, I will advise you upload a test report showing proficiency. I don't think a letter of proficiency will carry much weight like an English test report. My opinion though. The reason is because you're competing with people with better profiles.

Thank you for this update.
Please can I use my expired IELTS result or NECO result for the English test report.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by kunlevski003(m): 7:24am On Apr 08, 2022
Superted01:

Thank you for this update.
Please can I use my expired IELTS result or NECO result for the English test report.

I don't know o. Please send them a mail.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 11, 2022
kunlevski003:
Good afternoon, house

Please has anyone applied to University of Luxembourg this application period? Any news from them concerning your application?

I've applied and paid the £50 application fee. The latest update I have on my portal is that it has been sent to the faculty.

Also does anyone know who is currently any Nigerian student at Luxembourg?

Can we connect bro?
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by ImDStar: 10:59am On Apr 20, 2022
Try and apply for the admission, scholarship is also ongoing for MSc applicant.

https://wwwen.uni.lu/fstm/studies/scholarships
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by kunlevski003(m): 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2022
Kiingdomjw:

Can we connect bro?

Okay.

Have you applied?
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by kunlevski003(m): 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2022
ImDStar:
Try and apply for the admission, scholarship is also ongoing for MSc applicant.

https://wwwen.uni.lu/fstm/studies/scholarships

Bro, have you applied to any program there? Any news?

1 Like

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Aizismi: 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
I applied last week.

Has someone gotten a response from Uni of luxembourg yet?

Are we supposed to send official transcript through our school to luxembourg?

kunlevski003:

Bro, have you applied to any program there? Any news?
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Are84(m): 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
I applied for Msc Finance and Economics but yet to get any feedback from Uni of Luxembourg.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by bomsilaga(m): 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
I just got a standard message from them informing me that the application was moved to the faculty.

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by kunlevski003(m): 5:56am On Apr 29, 2022
We are all waiting too. Hopefully, we get response from next month since application ends April 30. All the best

1 Like

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Kooll: 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2022
Saw this on Facebook

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by iKarl(m): 8:05am On May 14, 2022
I haven't gotten a response yet my portal is presently locked till my documents have been evaluated
Aizismi:
I applied last week.

Has someone gotten a response from Uni of luxembourg yet?

Are we supposed to send official transcript through our school to luxembourg?

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Kooll: 4:55pm On May 18, 2022
Hello friends, has anyone gotten a feedback on admissions yet?
I am still expecting feedback.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Superted01(m): 5:08pm On May 18, 2022
Kooll:
Hello friends, has anyone gotten feedback on admissions yet?
I am still expecting feedback.

Most people I spoke with told me that on their portal it is still showing Sent to faculty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Kooll: 5:51pm On May 18, 2022
Same here
Thanks.
Superted01:

Most people I spoke with told me that on their portal it is still showing Sent to faculty.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by giselle237: 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
@gaskinachi do reply here
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by demmy79: 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2022
January 2023 is still available at Uni of Luxembourg but to limited and for special course ..also private universities are accepting application
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by FrostyButter: 12:15am On Oct 12, 2022
Kooll:
Same here
Thanks.

Hello... Just ran into this trend and wanted to find out uf anyonr got a positive response.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Cynthia033: 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
Are there people schooling and working in Luxembourg here? Please I would like to know what their pay is like, considering the fact that you have to work 15 hrs per week as a student.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by oseremenifidon: 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
Are there opportunities for tech guys in Luxembourg?
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Zammy123(m): 9:10pm On Feb 24, 2023
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by RedAlert08(m): 6:05am On Mar 27, 2023
Hello guys, please is there any update from those that applied to the university of Luxembourg for MSc programs? I am trying to apply.
If you already are in Luxembourg, please what is the job market like for students? How many hours of work per week are you entitled to? What is their hourly rate? These are key questions.

Thank you for your anticipated response. God bless.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Silver247: 10:58am On Jun 01, 2023
Are they under the schegen countries?
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by emeka123123: 4:55pm On Feb 16
Does anyone know which courses are purely English-taught at Bachelors level?

Or which is better for Study?

Austria? Luxembourg? Portugal?
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by pansophist(m): 5:40pm On Feb 16
Luxembourg is so tiny, that many local government in Nigeria are bigger and populated than the country.

A huge number of its tax payers are frontier workers commuting everyday from bordering countries. Hence it's GDP is so high.

For example, Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria, but it's bigger than Luxembourg in size and population.

Apart from opportunity to study in Luxembourg, getting a residence permit is exceptionally difficult because it's so small.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by optimusprime2(m): 9:34pm On Feb 16
pansophist:
Luxembourg is so tiny, that many local government in Nigeria are bigger and populated than the country.

A huge number of its tax payers are frontier workers commuting everyday from bordering countries. Hence it's GDP is so high.

For example, Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria, but it's bigger than Luxembourg in size and population.

Apart from opportunity to study in Luxembourg, getting a residence permit is exceptionally difficult because it's so small.

You are absolutely right!

I am literally on my way to Luxembourg right now... I am using the train because the traffic this evening is insane, as people who live in nearby EU countries are rushing home for the weekend.

One thing I can quickly point to about Luxembourg is the linguistic variety in this tiny country. Everyone manning a counter can speak at least 4 languages and I am not even exaggerating;
French, German, Luxembourgish, & English. Alhough they really sound weird when they speak German (like drunk French folks speaking German).

Anyway my thoughts about this country remains this, if you speak only English and are not open to learning 2 other languages at fast pace, Luxembourg is not for you.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by pansophist(m): 9:54pm On Feb 16
optimusprime2:

You are absolutely right!

I am literally on my way to Luxembourg right now... I am using the train because the traffic this evening is insane, as people who live in nearby EU countries are rushing home for the weekend.

One thing I can quickly point to about Luxembourg is the linguistic variety in this tiny country. Everyone manning a counter can speak at least 4 languages and I am not even exaggerating;
French, German, Luxembourgish, & English. Alhough they really sound weird when they speak German (like drunk French folks speaking German).

Anyway my thoughts about this country remains this, if you speak only English and are not open to learning 2 other languages at fast pace, Luxembourg is not for you.

I wonder how that country got sovereignty sef, its so tiny, and should just be part of Germany.

All in all, the country got its jackpot. It is in the Schengen and the EU, so hurray, they are a member of the most geopolitical union in the world.

But try to enter Belgium or France, that's where the fun is. Luxembourg is just to make money, take pictures, and mark off your list as one the countries you have visited.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) / Eid-el-kabir: Car Crashes Into Prayer Ground In Ogun, 2 Killed, Many Injured / Update From The Lagos-ibadan Railway Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.