Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg (26467 Views)

Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) / Luxembourg Becomes The First Country To Make All Public Transportation Free / Luxembourg Enquiries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Lance008(m): 7:53am On Feb 18
optimusprime2:

You are absolutely right!

I am literally on my way to Luxembourg right now... I am using the train because the traffic this evening is insane, as people who live in nearby EU countries are rushing home for the weekend.

One thing I can quickly point to about Luxembourg is the linguistic variety in this tiny country. Everyone manning a counter can speak at least 4 languages and I am not even exaggerating;
French, German, Luxembourgish, & English. Alhough they really sound weird when they speak German (like drunk French folks speaking German).

Anyway my thoughts about this country remains this, if you speak only English and are not open to learning 2 other languages at fast pace, Luxembourg is not for you.
Bro I would love to apply to school to Luxembourg how affordable is the schools and acceptance rate
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by optimusprime2(m): 3:28pm On Feb 18
Lance008:

Bro I would love to apply to school to Luxembourg how affordable is the schools and acceptance rate

I guess Luxembourg is a good place to study.
But I have no idea about the affordability and acceptance rate in Luxembourg universities.

I only know somethings about Luxembourg as a country, because I had a brief visit there.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by uchecyril(m): 5:47am On Feb 24
Is it possible to school in Luxembourg and live in the neighbouring countries like either France, Belgium or Germany, in order to avoid high cost of living
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:47pm On Mar 02
pansophist:

I wonder how that country got sovereignty sef, its so tiny, and should just be part of Germany.

All in all, the country got its jackpot. It is in the Schengen and the EU, so hurray, they are a member of the most geopolitical union in the world.

But try to enter Belgium or France, that's where the fun is. Luxembourg is just to make money, take pictures, and mark off your list as one the countries you have visited.

Sorry,boss which countries will you suggest for masters study (biological science inclined), taking into cognisance low tuition fee, student job availability and ease of settling down.

Thanks in advance
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by pansophist(m): 3:37pm On Mar 03
Yampotatocarrot:

Sorry,boss which countries will you suggest for masters study (biological science inclined), taking into cognisance low tuition fee, student job availability and ease of settling down.

Thanks in advance

Honestly, I don't know. There is an overlap.

Either student jobs are plenty, but it's hard to get and expensive (eg `Germany), or cheaper to get in, but student jobs aint plentiful (the Baltics), or plentiful jobs, relatively cheap, easy to stay after studies, but easier to heaven than the country (Poland).

So pick your poison bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by CaveAdullam: 9:00pm On Mar 03
pansophist:

Honestly, I don't know. There is an overlap.

Either student jobs are plenty, but it's hard to get and expensive (eg `Germany), or cheaper to get in, but student jobs aint plentiful (the Baltics), or plentiful jobs, relatively cheap, easy to stay after studies, but easier to heaven than the country (Poland).

So pick your poison bro.

If I can get to heaven before Poland, I might just tell an angel to throw me inside Poland.

But the problem is getting to heaven alive and reaching Poland alive. Like with flesh and blood.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by pansophist(m): 9:54pm On Mar 03
CaveAdullam:

If I can get to heaven before Poland, I might just tell an angel to throw me inside Poland.

But the problem is getting to heaven alive and reaching Poland alive. Like with flesh and blood.

Poland is very safe, very developed, and culturally rich. I can understand why they are very strict with immigration. Their politicians are well known to be vocal about not allowing a single Muslim into their country.

They witnessed how the demography of countries like Belgium, France, Germany, Sweden, the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, etc have been changed forever by mass immigration.

Just last year, some riots that were worse than ENDsars occurred in Ireland and France by immigrants, Poland doesn't want it. Hence they made it very hard.

But it's a really sweet place. That country is blessed, but their location has always been their problem. Any war between the western power and the East must transit Poland.

Hence the country have been destroyed lots of times, just for their location of being in central Europe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by hammed71(m): 5:21am On Mar 04
pansophist:

Poland is very safe, very developed, and culturally rich. I can understand why they are very strict with immigration. Their politicians are well known to be vocal about not allowing a single Muslim into their country.

They witnessed how the demography of countries like Belgium, France, Germany, Sweden, the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, etc have been changed forever by mass immigration.

Just last year, some riots that were worse than ENDsars occurred in Ireland and France by immigrants, Poland doesn't want it. Hence they made it very hard.

But it's a really sweet place. That country is blessed, but their location has always been their problem. Any war between the western power and the East must transit Poland.

Hence the country have been destroyed lots of times, just for their location of being in central Europe.
sir pansophist what do you think about Portugal, Italy and Greece ,I hear they are immigration friendly countries.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by pansophist(m): 3:21pm On Mar 04
hammed71:
sir pansophist what do you think about Portugal, Italy and Greece ,I hear they are immigration friendly countries.

Yes, they are. Italy for example, gave more citizenship to foreigners than any other EU country last year.

But mind you, all the countries you listed are part of the Schengen zone, so their visa policy is uniform, and your visa application will be accessed under ''Regulation (EC) No 810/2009'', commonly known as the ''visa code''.

If you want to understand from a legal perspective how the visa officer will handle your case, then you must study that document like a bible. If you can see yourself through the eyes of the consular officer, then you will know how to package your application, for a high chance of visa success.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by hammed71(m): 11:11pm On Mar 04
pansophist:

Yes, they are. Italy for example, gave more citizenship to foreigners than any other EU country last year.

But mind you, all the countries you listed are part of the Schengen zone, so their visa policy is uniform, and your visa application will be accessed under ''Regulation (EC) No 810/2009'', commonly known as the ''visa code''.

If you want to understand from a legal perspective how the visa officer will handle your case, then you must study that document like a bible. If you can see yourself through the eyes of the consular officer, then you will know how to package your application, for a high chance of visa success.
Thank you
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg by Movick1997: 5:54am On Mar 05
Hello everyone
How can I apply for students visa in Luxembourg
Please I need information about this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Cheapest European Countries To Study Abroad. / 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway / 10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.