Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,802 members, 7,956,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:46 PM

NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State (3340 Views)

Number Of Kidnap Victims Per State From July 2022 To June 2023 / INEC Reveals Number Of New Online Voter Registrations Per State / PDP’s $3m Per State Cash-For-Vote Plot Revealed - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by NkanAkpanika: 11:06pm On Feb 28, 2021
Moferere:

Don't get yourself confused with any sentiments.
The indexes for measuring performances are different from your unnecessary sentiments. No state, I mean no state is embarking on aggressive capital developments in the south compared to Ebonyi and A/Ibom, have you asked yourself why the two states are the ones with highest percentage of unemployment in the south.

Let's live poverty and focus on Unemployment first. At least I did a survey on that in 2019 and I am not working for NBS
Be guided pls cos Imo state is the highest unemployment state in Nigeria currently not ebonyi or Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by olajizz01(m): 11:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
post=99494170:

grin grin grin

Yorubas are only good at propaganda Nigerians knows better, the world know industrious tribe in Nigeria that their presence are felt in all states and beyond, keep giving yourself false hope, the last I checked statistics of students admitting to Nigeria tertiary institutions to study law, Medicine, Engineering and Administration Igbos top the list for more than a decade now grin grin low IQ keep giving yourself false hope online, Fulani have sent your people packing while you're looking for Igbos to rub shoulder with, I hope you are not typing this from IDP camp in Port novo?
See pain,this guy is so pained because of high level of poverty in his state, had it been it was the other way round, you will see him creating one useless thread running from pillars to the post.

1 Like

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Moferere: 11:38pm On Feb 28, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Be guided pls cos Imo state is the highest unemployment state in Nigeria currently not ebonyi or Akwa Ibom
On which authority are you speaking?

Share your data with us.

God bless you.
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Cashsteady(m): 11:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
EzeNri:
NBS Yoruba DG had been caught numerous time falsifying data for SW.

The official poverty rate in US in 2019 pre-COVID was 11 percent.

So, Osun with zero industries and only yahoo boys has better poverty rate then US.

Poverty rate in the UK in 2020 was 22%. So, SW the region with the most vulnerable household in the South has better poverty rate than UK?

So Ekiti has better poverty rate than Anambra and Rivers?

So Ekiti has better poverty rate than Abia.

Travel from Abuja to Lagos through Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Ogun and see the kind of houses those that claim they have fewer percentage of poor people than US and UK are living in.

SW low poverty rate exists only in Yoruba media and Yoruba controlled NBS

How can the region with the higher number of vulnerable households (SW) have lesser poor people by a long shot than those with the fewest vulnerable households in the entire country.

How can the region with the lowest income inequality in the entire country have more poor people by a long shot than those with the highest income inequality in the South.

Yoriba Bureau of Stat can deceive themselves not us that drive through SW every week.

A state being underdeveloped does not mean the people there Are very poor 70% of ekii citizens can afford a better life.. ekiti is a full civil servant state and aslo a very educated state.. the poor people in the state are probably those northerners from koji and benue that are littered all over the state
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Moferere: 11:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
slivertongue:

kai kai u are sure I mentioned SW? I went through the post so and picked out places I know their economic situation. pls do well to interrogate. surveys. the poverty index used by ministry of humanitarian affairs says a different thing. leave me out of ur southern fight on nairaland. except kano &Kaduna, how many states are head and shoulders above their peers in the south. for the north to wake up it must tell herself the truth that she is poor and backward despite been blessed with fertile landmass and energetic people. unemployment is more pronounced down here. a lot of the security challenge here is due to poverty induced by unemployment. inter group tensions is fuelled by unemployment. how southern states have millions of youths roaming the streets looking for food? how many are battling destitution like states down? banditary and criminality is thriving here because the state exist for a elites and LGAs. the kagara school is a true picture of the rural north. need I say more.

So many contradictions in your words. Are you saying that you preferred the data of Ministry of Women Affairs to National Bureau of Statistics?
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by slivertongue: 11:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
Moferere:

So many contradictions in your words. Are you saying that you preferred the data of Ministry of Women Affairs to National Bureau of Statistics?

what contradiction? point them out. u are obviously a southerner, u know very little about the ongoings outside ur enclave. poverty ain't what any community can hide. its like saying we are peaceful in the north. u know the rest.
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Pecuman: 1:47am On Mar 01, 2021
Obamaofusa:

Okay.I am not surprised about SW.They have the highest number of professionals,doctors,lawyers etc.They are the only Nigerians abroad who have multi billion dollar and multi pound sterling businesses abroad and they also have the highest number of indigenous industries in Nigeria.
The Igbos and Niger Deltans are also great achievers to reckon with.Exorcise the core North from Nigeria and watch Nigeria grow exponentially..

What actually surprised me is how badly SE did. Ebonyi and Enugu did as bad as the worse off Northern states and if anything they more resemble their neighbors outside SE than within it.
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Pecuman: 1:52am On Mar 01, 2021
EzeNri:

So, Osun with zero industries and only yahoo boys has better poverty rate then US.

Poverty rate in the UK in 2020 was 22%. So, SW the region with the most vulnerable household in the South has better poverty rate than UK?

Travel from Abuja to Lagos through Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Ogun and see the kind of houses those that claim they have fewer percentage of poor people than US and UK are living in.

How can the region with the higher number of vulnerable households (SW) have lesser poor people by a long shot than those with the fewest vulnerable households in the entire country.

How can the region with the lowest income inequality in the entire country have more poor people by a long shot than those with the highest income inequality in the South.

Yoriba Bureau of Stat can deceive themselves not us that drive through SW every week.

Poverty rate figures is Fluid because different benchmarks for poverty is used. A country with as high a standard of living as America has a very high standard for measuring poverty, that is why their poverty rate is that high.
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Moferere: 6:57am On Mar 01, 2021
slivertongue:

what contradiction? point them out. u are obviously a southerner, u know very little about the ongoings outside ur enclave. poverty ain't what any community can hide. its like saying we are peaceful in the north. u know the rest.

This one is confused.
I am a southerner, since 2005, I have been staying and working from Kano, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto and now Abuja.
You think everyone is a tyro like you?
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by slivertongue: 9:28am On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:

This one is confused.
I am a southerner, since 2005, I have been staying and working from Kano, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto and now Abuja.
You think everyone is a tyro like you?

u have failed to make sense in ur: interventions.
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Moferere: 9:38am On Mar 01, 2021
slivertongue:

u have failed to make sense in ur: interventions.
I have successfully confused you
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by slivertongue: 9:52am On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:

I have successfully confused you

no u didn't. I am not a member of ur roforofo club. Nigeria is stagnated because it lies to itself, it lacks functional data. NBS data has been contested long before Dr yemi kale was appointed. the reality on ground contradicts NBS survey so learn to interrogate issues.
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Moferere: 9:59am On Mar 01, 2021
slivertongue:

no u didn't. I am not a member of ur roforofo club. Nigeria is stagnated because it lies to itself, it lacks functional data. NBS data has been contested long before Dr yemi kale was appointed. the reality on ground contradicts NBS survey so learn to interrogate issues.

You have no point? You speak with no authority other than passing through the outskirts of some states.
You must change that your poor mentality
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by slivertongue: 11:00am On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:

You have no point? You speak with no authority other than passing through the outskirts of some states.
You must change that your poor mentality

am not here to advertise myself but I know my competence. am well travelled. u accused me of mentioning SW but u failed to substantiate ur claim. u are bereft of scholarship. I seek not to continue this discourse with u, u lack intellectual substance
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by EzeNri(m): 11:43am On Mar 01, 2021
Pecuman:

Poverty rate figures is Fluid because different benchmarks for poverty is used. A country with as high a standard of living as America has a very high standard for measuring poverty, that is why their poverty rate is that high.
Story
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by EzeNri(m): 11:46am On Mar 01, 2021
Cashsteady:

A state being underdeveloped does not mean the people there Are very poor 70% of ekii citizens can afford a better life.. ekiti is a full civil servant state and aslo a very educated state.. the poor people in the state are probably those northerners from koji and benue that are littered all over the state
Lol.

Go and see the kind of building dudes in Ekiti are living it. That state is a heap of rickety buildings.

SW has very good interstate roads. Aside this nothing again is impressive
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by EzeNri(m): 11:56am On Mar 01, 2021
sinkhole:
the DG was manufacturing data and all other staff remained mum? grin grin
I all regions are OK, the North has Kwara, Kogi, Benue and Kaduna to boast off cool
Buhari is displaying nepotism and all other staffremained mum?

NBS released a data that showed Ogun as the third largest producer of rice while Ebonyi didn't make the top 10.

When the National Extractive Industry released their data, Ebonyi made joint second position with Benue while Ogun took 15th.

NBS data always show that SW states have lowest poverty rate in country but when the government released number of vulnerable households, SW dominates in the South.

NBS always report bogus IGR for SW but BUDGIT data shows almost SW states are insolvent while only one state in the SE, Debt Office data shows SW is the most indebted region and SE the least
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by EzeNri(m): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2021
slivertongue:

One of those DGs was almost sacked during GEJ time for falsifying data.

Their data don't reflect reality
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
Can IPOB help us flush out the Terrorists training camp in âfikpo called Islamic College??

Am sure the many present of headslamers in Ebonyi state is the many reasons poverty is most prevalent there. Afterall the seat of Caliphate Sokoto is always the poorest in all things. Poverty can be spiritually transmitted. Do something pls
Lol grin

This is an old report though.
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by 7lives: 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
Oya see how they'll all be attacking Yorubas.

And SW in general.

That one no even concern me, going our separate ways nah my concern

Ose omo iya mi.
Make everyone. answer their papa name jare.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by 7lives: 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:

There you go again. Initially it was the SW, now it is kebbi. While I am not here to hold brief for kebbi. Are you aware that kebbi borders 3 countries?
2. On what authority did you say the portion in bold?

You dey mind that poster, foreigners are investing heavily in Kebbi's rice industry,
Seeing is believing.

1 Like

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Moferere: 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
7lives:

You dey mind that poster, foreigners are investing heavily in Kebbi's rice industry,
Seeing is believing.

2018 December, I was in Galauda, Argungun and other parts of kebbi. I know what I saw

2 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by stieyven(m): 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
heniford2:
who stated this na mumu grincheesygringrincheesy
He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Obamaofusa: 5:50am On Mar 02, 2021
Nightalan:
If the SW was doing half as bad as what these ungrateful and trespassing pests tend to portray, they won't be arriving in droves like refugees every minute of the day with one polybag and the clothes on their back. Envious losers.

lol
There has never been anytime in the history of Nigeria that Igboland has ever been has progressive or rich as Yorubaland.
Their envy and jealousy for the SW did not start today.
People that can only brag with Onitsha,a 52 square km entity, not up to 5 GRAs in Ibadan.

I don't know on what basis they want to compare themselves with the rich Yorubas.
They are always wailing on facts that are not in their favour. The greenest pastures are in the SW.They should ask Zik.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by oyatz(m): 6:36am On Mar 02, 2021
EzeNri:

Yardsticks for measuring poverty in each country aren't necessarily the same.

Who is regareded as being poor in the USA may have better monetary resources than an average comfortable person in Nigeria, Ghana or many Sub-Saharan countries.

You need to understand the concept very well and not confuse low poverty rate as the same thing as wealth.

1 Like

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by oyatz(m): 6:51am On Mar 02, 2021
EzeNri:

Buhari is displaying nepotism and all other staffremained mum?

NBS released a data that showed Ogun as the third largest producer of rice while Ebonyi didn't make the top 10.

When the National Extractive Industry released their data, Ebonyi made joint second position with Benue while Ogun took 15th.

NBS data always show that SW states have lowest poverty rate in country but when the government released number of vulnerable households, SW dominates in the South.

NBS always report bogus IGR for SW but BUDGIT data shows almost SW states are insolvent while only one state in the SE, Debt Office data shows SW is the most indebted region and SE the least

The problem with you is that you don't take time to study what each report really means and lack the scholarstic capacity to compare Statistics.

Most of what you are saying were measured using different 'yardsticks' and at times measure different but related things.
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Nightalan: 8:49am On Mar 02, 2021
Obamaofusa:

lol
There has never been anytime in the history of Nigeria that Igboland has ever been has progressive or rich as Yorubaland.
Their envy and jealousy for the SW did not start today.
People that can only brag with Onitsha,a 52 square km entity, not up to 5 GRAs in Ibadan.

I don't know on what basis they want to compare themselves with the rich Yorubas.
They are always wailing on facts that are not in their favour. The greenest pastures are in the SW.They should ask Zik.
Lol, they are a very funny and delusional set of people, hardly to be taken serious. No mind them.
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by EzeNri(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2021
oyatz:

The problem with you is that you don't take time to study what each report really means and lack the scholarstic capacity to compare Statistics.

Most of what you are saying were measured using different 'yardsticks' and at times measure different but related things.
Lol.

Making excuses for their fraud NBS.

NBS data don't always reflect reality. Its biased to favour the SW.

There is no way Ekiti will have fewer percentage of poor people than Anambra and Rivers. I have been to the three states and I know what I saw in Ekiti.

You can't compare a purely civil service state to a state like Anambra that is commerce-driven.

How many Ekiti people are in the civil service and how much is even their salary?

Ekiti is not industrialized and the state is not even doing well in agriculture. The government is even owing salaries.

Yemi should tell us how placed Ekiti ahead of Anambra in the poverty index.
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Pecuman: 4:27am On Mar 03, 2021
EzeNri:

Story

The Bench mark for Poverty is America is either $10,000 and $11,000 a year depending on the study while the study I referenced had the Bench line for Poverty for Nigerians at $381.75
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by oyatz(m): 7:21am On Mar 05, 2021
EzeNri:

Lol.

There is no way Ekiti will have fewer percentage of poor people than Anambra and Rivers. I have been to the three states and I know what I saw in Ekiti.

You can't compare a purely civil service state to a state like Anambra that is commerce-driven.

How many Ekiti people are in the civil service and how much is even their salary?

Ekiti is not industrialized and the state is not even doing well in agriculture. The government is even owing salaries.

Going to a State is NOT the same thing as carrying out an academic study in a State.

Most of the commentators lack scholarstic capacity to critique a research work and will like to substitute personal opinions as research works

1) Explain to us, the criteria used in this NBS study.

2) How many tonnes of Cocoa, Kolanuts, Cassava, Timber, Palm oil, Eggs and other poultry products are produced in Ekiti every year?
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Alba3: 8:39am On Mar 05, 2021
EzeNri:

Lol.

You may need to go back to school to be able to ague publicly without being considered as inferior. You hardly known the difference between state wealth, few in wealth and majority being comfortable.

You lay so much emphasis on Ekiti being poor. That they're not building 2 or 3 story buildings or not demolishing their old parents or grandparents buildings doesn't make them poor. How many ordinary people can afford to by land in Awka or Owerri? A teacher or bike man that built bungalow in Ado is better and comfortable than his colleagues living in unkept 3 story buildings without water in Onitsha. Ekiti people are known to be among the best and early educated people in the country and majority of Ekiti people live outside the state: in the cities and abroad because of their early exploits in education which didn't keep them in the state.

There is virtually no Ekiti family without cash crops' farm. You can verify how much cocoa or Kola nut farms fetch in a year: there are hundreds of thousands of people from other states, including your people working on these farms and many farm settlements on the roads you referred to as Ekiti villages.

See, there's no single Ekiti town without pipe borne water; there's also water reservoirs and about 10 large dams in Itapa, Ikun, Gogo, Ureje, Ogbese, Itapaji, Gbonyin, etc. The towns and villages are well served with modest roads networks and many of them have commercial Banks. You can't find all these in Enugu and many of your states. Enugu has just 2 towns and that's where you find banks, except one at Orji. The only dam in Ezeagu is only serving firms at 9th mile and government house.

I have lived in every state of the SE. Don't be deceived by businessmen building mansions everywhere but they're still the minority when compared with the general population of the area. However, majority of Ekiti, Ondo, Osun are comfortable. They may not be building story buildings but most of the spacious bungalows are comfortable. My only issue is continuous use of Iron roofing sheets Zinc) being sold to them by your brothers. They're even buying at higher cost than cheapest aluminium sheet; just because of deception that the later will be condemned quicker. There's need to ban Zinc. Most that get money don't believe in show off; they are very modest and concern more about the education of their children. These are indices used in measuring poverty not because state is in debt or story buildings.
In the East, Anambra is a reference point. It competes with the the best in Nigeria, no doubt about that.
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by EzeNri(m): 5:34pm On Mar 05, 2021
Alba3:

You may need to go back to school to be able to ague publicly without being considered as inferior. You hardly known the difference between state wealth, few in wealth and majority being comfortable.

You lay so much emphasis on Ekiti being poor. That they're not building 2 or 3 story buildings or not demolishing their old parents or grandparents buildings doesn't make them poor. How many ordinary people can afford to by land in Awka or Owerri? A teacher or bike man that built bungalow in Ado is better and comfortable than his colleagues living in unkept 3 story buildings without water in Onitsha. Ekiti people are known to be among the best and early educated people in the country and majority of Ekiti people live outside the state: in the cities and abroad because of their early exploits in education which didn't keep them in the state.

There is virtually no Ekiti family without cash crops' farm. You can verify how much cocoa or Kola nut farms fetch in a year: there are hundreds of thousands of people from other states, including your people working on these farms and many farm settlements on the roads you referred to as Ekiti villages.

See, there's no single Ekiti town without pipe borne water; there's also water reservoirs and about 10 large dams in Itapa, Ikun, Gogo, Ureje, Ogbese, Itapaji, Gbonyin, etc. The towns and villages are well served with modest roads networks and many of them have commercial Banks. You can't find all these in Enugu and many of your states. Enugu has just 2 towns and that's where you find banks, except one at Orji. The only dam in Ezeagu is only serving firms at 9th mile and government house.

I have lived in every state of the SE. Don't be deceived by businessmen building mansions everywhere but they're still the minority when compared with the general population of the area. However, majority of Ekiti, Ondo, Osun are comfortable. They may not be building story buildings but most of the spacious bungalows are comfortable. My only issue is continuous use of Iron roofing sheets Zinc) being sold to them by your brothers. They're even buying at higher cost than cheapest aluminium sheet; just because of deception that the later will be condemned quicker. There's need to ban Zinc. Most that get money don't believe in show off; they are very modest and concern more about the education of their children. These are indices used in measuring poverty not because state is in debt or story buildings.
In the East, Anambra is a reference point. It competes with the the best in Nigeria, no doubt about that.
I will reply your long with just a few sentences.

A country is as wealthy as its citizens. There is no way Ekiti will have rich citizens and be poor.

SW have more vulnerable households than SE.

Stop making excuses for poverty.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SE/SS should not join the south west endcow campaign yet / Kano Youths On The Street Celebrates Buhari Banning Twitter Operation In Nigeria / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.