Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State (3245 Views)

Number Of Kidnap Victims Per State From July 2022 To June 2023 / INEC Reveals Number Of New Online Voter Registrations Per State / PDP’s $3m Per State Cash-For-Vote Plot Revealed - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Pecuman: 7:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
NBS’ poverty metric is I believe was 137,430 naira ($381.75) per year. So a bit over a $1 a day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Pecuman: 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
O'odua is the only part of Nigeria that can achieve independence whenever it wants.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by slivertongue: 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2021
NBS can manufacture lies and call it data

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by heniford2: 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2021
who stated this na mumu grincheesygringrincheesy

1 Like

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Omoluabi1stborn: 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2021
Oya see how they'll all be attacking Yorubas.

And SW in general.

That one no even concern me, going our separate ways nah my concern

29 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Bulldozer90: 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2021
lol
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by BlowYourMind: 8:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
Ebonyi
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
Tueh...the north is filled with poverty in the midst of it's resources grin
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by TooMuchStuff: 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2021
Can IPOB help us flush out the Terrorists training camp in âfikpo called Islamic College??

Am sure the many present of headslamers in Ebonyi state is the many reasons poverty is most prevalent there. Afterall the seat of Caliphate Sokoto is always the poorest in all things. Poverty can be spiritually transmitted. Do something pls

23 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by igboarenice: 8:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
Can IPOB help us flush out the Terrorists training camp in âfikpo called Islamic College??

Am sure the many present of headslamers in Ebonyi state is the many reasons poverty is most prevalent there. Afterall the seat of Caliphate Sokoto is always the poorest in all things. Poverty can be spiritually transmitted. Do something pls
You're too intolerant
Where do you want indigenous Igbo Muslims to worship
The centre has been there even before you're born

2 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by psucc(m): 8:14pm On Feb 28, 2021
This is a good achievement.

20 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by EzeNri(m): 8:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
NBS Yoruba DG had been caught numerous time falsifying data for SW.

The official poverty rate in US in 2019 pre-COVID was 11 percent.

So, Osun with zero industries and only yahoo boys has better poverty rate then US.

Poverty rate in the UK in 2020 was 22%. So, SW the region with the most vulnerable household in the South has better poverty rate than UK?

So Ekiti has better poverty rate than Anambra and Rivers?

So Ekiti has better poverty rate than Abia.

Travel from Abuja to Lagos through Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Ogun and see the kind of houses those that claim they have fewer percentage of poor people than US and UK are living in.

SW low poverty rate exists only in Yoruba media and Yoruba controlled NBS

How can the region with the higher number of vulnerable households (SW) have lesser poor people by a long shot than those with the fewest vulnerable households in the entire country.

How can the region with the lowest income inequality in the entire country have more poor people by a long shot than those with the highest income inequality in the South.

Yoriba Bureau of Stat can deceive themselves not us that drive through SW every week.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by sinkhole: 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2021
EzeNri:
NBS Yoruba DG had been caught numerous time falsifying data for SW.

The official poverty rate in US in 2019 pre-COVID was 11 percent.

So, Osun with zero industries and only yahoo boys has better poverty rate then US.

Poverty rate in the UK in 2020 was 22%. So, SW the region with the most vulnerable household in the South has better poverty rate than UK?

So Ekiti has better poverty rate than Anambra and Rivers?

So Ekiti has better poverty rate than Abia.

Travel from Abuja to Lagos through Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Ogun and see the kind of houses those that claim they have fewer percentage of poor people than US and UK are living in.

SW low poverty rate exists only in Yoruba media and Yoruba controlled NBS

How can the region with the higher number of vulnerable households (SW) have lesser poor people by a long shot than those with the fewest vulnerable households in the entire country.

How can the region with the lowest income inequality in the entire country have more poor people by a long shot than those with the highest income inequality in the South.

Yoriba Bureau of Stat can deceive themselves not us that drive through SW every week.
the DG was manufacturing data and all other staff remained mum? grin grin
I all regions are OK, the North has Kwara, Kogi, Benue and Kaduna to boast off cool

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Moferere: 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
slivertongue:
NBS can manufacture lies and call it data

Eeyah pẹlẹ o

Facts are stubborn sha

3 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by slivertongue: 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
Moferere:

Eeyah pẹlẹ o
Facts are stubborn sha
no so but if have travelled a lived of these places u will doubt their survey
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Obamaofusa: 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
Pecuman:
NBS’ poverty metric is I believe was 137,430 naira ($381.75) per year. So a bit over a $1 a day.

Okay.I am not surprised about SW.They have the highest number of professionals,doctors,lawyers etc.They are the only Nigerians abroad who have multi billion dollar and multi pound sterling businesses abroad and they also have the highest number of indigenous industries in Nigeria.
The Igbos and Niger Deltans are also great achievers to reckon with.Exorcise the core North from Nigeria and watch Nigeria grow exponentially..

24 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by BKayy: 9:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
The statistics that fool some people.
It is only us that travel everytime know the people that are battling poverty.
The ones that will bow down for you is you manage to a tray of their banana/fruits

2 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
Oya see how they'll all be attacking Yorubas.

And SW in general.

That one no even concern me, going our separate ways nah my concern
The Yoruba DG in NBS and his oluwale lieutenants should keep deceiving themselves, do what they do best, one day he will leave the office, destroying his tribe giving them false hope, visit Ebonyi and Enugu then visit Oyo, Osun and Ekiti to see standard of living, the difference is very clear, there are more Yoruba beggers on the streets of southwest when compare to Igbo cities visit Abakeliki and Enugu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Obamaofusa: 9:21pm On Feb 28, 2021
BKayy:
The statistics that fool some people.
It is only us that travel everytime know the people that are battling poverty.
The ones that will bow down for you is you manage to a tray of their banana/fruits

No tribe that does not travel in Nigeria.Everybody travels but some just enjoy their hosts' environment and vow to stay put or stay much longer.People tend to stay where the pastures are greener.

2 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Omoluabi1stborn: 9:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
[s]
post=99493890:

The Yoruba DG in NBS and his oluwale lieutenants should keep deceiving themselves, do what they do best, one day he will leave the office, destroying his tribe giving them false hope, visit Ebonyi and Enugu then visit Oyo, Osun and Ekiti to see standard of living, the difference is very clear, there are more Yoruba beggers in the streets of southwest when compare to Igbo cities visit Abakeliki and Enugu
[/s]

When the stat favors you by the same oluwale lieutenants.
U no cry cheesy

24 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by eternityk: 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
post=99493890:

The Yoruba DG in NBS and his oluwale lieutenants should keep deceiving themselves, do what they do best, one day he will leave the office, destroying his tribe giving them false hope, visit Ebonyi and Enugu then visit Oyo, Osun and Ekiti to see standard of living, the difference is very clear, there are more Yoruba beggers in the streets of southwest when compare to Igbo cities visit Abakeliki and Enugu
lol,I spent more than 15 years in ibadan,and I can count the number of real Yoruba beggars,not hausas ooo real Yoruba beggars on my hand
na you know where you get your stats oo
you have to know South West has the highest number of people from other states in their state
but I have to agree based on my own observation,the poverty rates for South West are nothing but lies
but I don't have time to be arguing

1 Like

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by BKayy: 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
Obamaofusa:

No tribe that does not travel in Nigeria.Everybody travels but some just enjoy their hosts' environment and vow to stay put or stay much longer.People tend to stay where the pastures are greener.
There is a particular tribe that more than 80 percent of them don't travel outside their own region and they know themselves.
"The grass is always greener to the Goat that has not seen another field"
Stop trying to sound lenient.

4 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by extol1(m): 9:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
sinkhole:
the DG was manufacturing data and all other staff remained mum? grin grin
I all regions are OK, the North has Kwara, Kogi, Benue and Kaduna to boast off cool
please those states you mentioned, are not northern states but middle belt, let us be guided
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Moferere: 9:52pm On Feb 28, 2021
slivertongue:
no so but if have travelled a lived of these places u will doubt their survey

Are you saying that you evaluate an economy merely by transiting through its communities?
I schooled in Ọwọ those days and I can tell you that the three highways in that town are at the outskirts of the town. Within your shallow mind now, you will say Ọwọ is not developed even when it is a town better than Umuahia.

3 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by slivertongue: 10:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
Moferere:

Are you saying that you evaluate an economy merely by transiting through its communities?

will u believe any poverty index in which zamfara is better than kogi?
or kwara is better than Lagos or ebonyi is better than anambra. better here. means poverty index is lower
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Nightalan: 10:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
If the SW was doing half as bad as what these ungrateful and trespassing pests tend to portray, they won't be arriving in droves like refugees every minute of the day with one polybag and the clothes on their back. Envious losers.

10 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Moferere: 10:15pm On Feb 28, 2021
slivertongue:

will u believe any poverty index in which zamfara is better than kogi?
or kwara is better than Lagos or ebonyi is better than anambra. better here. means poverty index is lower
Don't get yourself confused with any sentiments.
The indexes for measuring performances are different from your unnecessary sentiments. No state, I mean no state is embarking on aggressive capital developments in the south compared to Ebonyi and A/Ibom, have you asked yourself why the two states are the ones with highest percentage of unemployment in the south.

Let's live poverty and focus on Unemployment first. At least I did a survey on that in 2019 and I am not working for NBS
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by slivertongue: 10:35pm On Feb 28, 2021
Moferere:

Don't get yourself confused with any sentiments.
The indexes for measuring performances are different from your unnecessary sentiments. No state, I mean no state is embarking on aggressive capital developments in the south compared to Ebonyi and A/Ibom, have you asked yourself why the two states are the ones with highest percentage of unemployment in the south.

Let's live poverty and focus on Unemployment first. At least I did a survey on that in 2019 and I am not working for NBS

no sentiment. ebonyi &akwa ibom are throwing a lot of capital on infrastructure which may not necessarily turn up d jobs in the short term. the big bucks paid for these jobs ain't resident in these states as most are shipped out. yet most of the capital spent are loans, petrol dollar cash and little of igr. most of the people live off petrol dollar cash and loans. the quality of living is determined by personal efforts and creativity. the living standard in kebbi ain't better than that of any southern state. the problem is that NBS data on the north aint true even fair minded ones know the truth
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by dvdwed(m): 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
Something mindblowing is going on in Delta state.
Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by Moferere: 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
slivertongue:

no sentiment. ebonyi &akwa ibom are throwing a lot of capital on infrastructure which may not necessarily turn up d jobs in the short term. the big bucks paid for these jobs ain't resident in these states as most are shipped out. yet most of the capital spent are loans, petrol dollar cash and little of igr. most of the people live off petrol dollar cash and loans. the quality of living is determined by personal efforts and creativity. the living standard in kebbi ain't better than that of any southern state. the problem is that NBS data on the north aint true even fair minded ones know the truth
There you go again. Initially it was the SW, now it is kebbi. While I am not here to hold brief for kebbi. Are you aware that kebbi borders 3 countries?
2. On what authority did you say the portion in bold?

2 Likes

Re: NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State by slivertongue: 11:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
Moferere:

There you go again. Initially it was the SW, now it is kebbi. While I am not here to hold brief for kebbi. Are you aware that kebbi borders 3 countries?
2. On what authority did you say the portion in bold?

kai kai u are sure I mentioned SW? I went through the post so and picked out places I know their economic situation. pls do well to interrogate. surveys. the poverty index used by ministry of humanitarian affairs says a different thing. leave me out of ur southern fight on nairaland. except kano &Kaduna, how many states are head and shoulders above their peers in the south. for the north to wake up it must tell herself the truth that she is poor and backward despite been blessed with fertile landmass and energetic people. unemployment is more pronounced down here. a lot of the security challenge here is due to poverty induced by unemployment. inter group tensions is fuelled by unemployment. how southern states have millions of youths roaming the streets looking for food? how many are battling destitution like states down? banditary and criminality is thriving here because the state exist for a elites and LGAs. the kagara school is a true picture of the rural north. need I say more.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Investing In 4 Seaports Across Nigeria / Pictures Of Tinubu's Village, Iragbiji Osun State / Tinubu Asks Governors To Ignore Buhari’s Order, Enforce Use Of Old Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.