Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) (52580 Views)

Ogun Residents Flee To Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis / Buhari Sympathizes With Niger Republic Over Terrorist Attack That Killed 70 / Cow Meat: Femi Fani-Kayode Dragged On Twitter Over Herdsmen Sex With Cow Ritual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Obamaofusa: 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2021
Advocate500:
going by history you will over cloud your sense judgment with sentiment by the action of one man which was never the opinion of the generalities of igbos, maybe the yurobas love the igbos from your statement but their leaders at that time think otherwise, which was evident in action and betrayal of Awolowo to ojukwu after helping him out of calaba prison, he later formed alliance against ojukwu with the same government that sent him to prison. But that is not my reason for saying that, I schooled in the west, their is this political hatred by the yurobas against the igbos which have transcended to real hatred, what you see on social media is the igbos reciprocating the gesture,igboman can support a yurobaman against an hausa/fulani man in any political contest which was evident in their support for Obasanjo in 1999 election not minding their own son Alex lost to him in the primary reason. This idiot we have today came as a result of yurobas support, Buhari used okadigbo as running mate ,yet the igbos supported Obasanjo, when he used a yurobaman as running mate more than 75% of yurobas supported him against a southern candidate brother that is hatred. Politics have formed the major part of our everyday lives maybe that is our is a defining factor, igbos don't hate the yurobas because I have so many as friends.
lol
You voted for Obasanjo because he was presented by the Hausas and Fulanis Igbos have always been subservient to since 1960.Sometimes we Yorubas think it is your destiny.You have always stuck with the Hausas and Fulanis on the false hope that they are mumus,illiterates that you can easily overwhelm.
They know you more than you know yourselves.

Let me tell you a little secret.Yorubas are like 55% Muslims and 45% Christians with some traditional religion practitioners but they have learnt to live together and manage their differences.

The liberal nature of the Yorubas makes it easy for them to be able to live with either Hausas/Fulanis because they are Muslims and Igbos because they are Christians. If the Hausas/Fulanis and the Igbos practise their religions and respect boundaries,they can live in Yorubaland for a million years without hitch.
Now the secret:

Fulanis like to dominate and they are mostly Muslims(Fulanis control the Hausas).They are ready to kill Christians without breaking a sweat.Even burn churches.They have done these two evils before.

Igbos like to dominate and they are mostly Christians.They are ready to kill Muslims without breaking a sweat.Even burn mosques.They have done these two evils before.

The Fulanis will never,never give power to the Igbos because of those 2 things upstairs, they will rather Nigeria divide and that is why they are preparing if the centre cannot hold again.

They are more relaxed with the Yorubas but they know that a Yoruba can give the power to the Igbos(they so much dread this)so they are trying to betray again and working towards giving power to a minority. Maybe Jonathan again.

Once beaten,twice shy.

The passing shot is politicking or war periods are not yardsticks for measuring hatred.Awolowo,Ojukwu,Gowon did all what they did for survival of themselves, people and 'nations' then.
All is fair in war,so they say.
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Danzakidakura(m): 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
bigcasava1:
my people are not in ogun state
don't quote me again, I don't talk with people who's brain is in their prick.
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Masterkernel1: 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
Odunolumide:
This image doesn't prove anything. Just a random image of people gathered together and you called this an exodus.

You're nothing more than air breezing through the keyboard. I detest people like you, you wouldn't feel their plight, till they number a million, because your father and mother aren't one of those people.
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by ejanla077: 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
tonididdy:
Patience has its limit, take it too far and it's cowardice. Where are the men?
You give up your lands just like that?
Your ancestors will be tossing and turning in their graves.
Because you have a way out (borders)?.....

STAND AND FIGHT OH YE COWARDS!

There ancestors gave up kwarra.

I dont know what you expected..

There ancestors ran away from lipstick and bikini wearing dahomey female warriors.
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by ejanla077: 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
MrBlock:

Jonathan is to be blamed here not the Yorubas. If he was at least productive to a reasonable degree, we would have not needed to vote a dimwitted slowpoke like Buha-ri. Truth be told, Jonathan brought us into this mess.
talking inbthe nonsense since 2013. Jonathan f'd up. Nobody forced you to vote a single candidate out of the over 15 candidates obviously more qualified than buhari
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by maxell(f): 5:25pm On Mar 01, 2021
I knew this thread was fake all along. Ogun state has put out a statement. See link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/6439223/no-refugees-benin-republic-ogun

The North was so frustrated their herdsmen couldn’t overrun the SW, they are blocking food shipments.

Gullible people believe non factual tales from the web.
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Advocate500: 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2021
Obamaofusa:

lol
You voted for Obasanjo because he was presented by the Hausas and Fulanis Igbos have always been subservient to since 1960.Sometimes we Yorubas think it is your destiny.You have always stuck with the Hausas and Fulanis on the false hope that they are mumus,illiterates that you can easily overwhelm.
They know you more than you know yourselves.

Let me tell you a little secret.Yorubas are like 55% Muslims and 45% Christians with some traditional religion practitioners but they have learnt to live together and manage their differences.

The liberal nature of the Yorubas makes it easy for them to be able to live with either Hausas/Fulanis because they are Muslims and Igbos because they are Christians. If the Hausas/Fulanis and the Igbos practise their religions and respect boundaries,they can live in Yorubaland for a million years without hitch.
Now the secret:

Fulanis like to dominate and they are mostly Muslims(Fulanis control the Hausas).They are ready to kill Christians without breaking a sweat.Even burn churches.They have done these two evils before.

Igbos like to dominate and they are mostly Christians.They are ready to kill Muslims without breaking a sweat.Even burn mosques.They have done these two evils before.

The Fulanis will never,never give power to the Igbos because of those 2 things upstairs, they will rather Nigeria divide and that is why they are preparing if the centre cannot hold again.

They are more relaxed with the Yorubas but they know that a Yoruba can give the power to the Igbos(they so much dread this)so they are trying to betray again and working towards giving power to a minority. Maybe Jonathan again.

Once beaten,twice shy.

The passing shot is politicking or war periods are not yardsticks for measuring hatred.Awolowo,Ojukwu,Gowon did all what they did for survival of themselves, people and 'nations' then.
All is fair in war,so they say.
I understand your point, yurobas are peaceful people no doubt about that ,same with the igbos, igboman does not tolerate injustice under any gues ,lumping igbos with fulanis in terms violent sound very absurd to me ,the disagreement between igbos and yurobas are basically political because of the political arrangements between the two region.
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Odunolumide(m): 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
Masterkernel1:

You're nothing more than air breezing through the keyboard. I detest people like you, you wouldn't feel their plight, till they number a million, because your father and mother aren't one of those people.

You detest me just because I asked for authenticity.
lol.
You don't know anything about me yet you've concluded that I must be a vile cold hearted bastard.
Hmm
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Masterkernel1: 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
Odunolumide:

You detest me just because I asked for authenticity.
lol.
You don't know anything about me yet you've concluded that I must be a vile cold hearted bastard.
Hmm

I feel emotional about the level of ills going on in this nation. I'm not Yoruba, so if I feel empathy towards their plight, it's just because of humanity.

It doesn't mean we're friends, but it's Godly to feel others plight.
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by ejanla077: 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
smallsmall:

Nairaland allows anyone who has access to free Megabyte, to make any comment, no mater how asinine that comment is.

-Buhari has contested and lost serially, three times, even against Obasanjo and Yar Adua, before 2015.
- If not for Yorubas, Jonathan would never have been President, after Yar Adua died in office and the Fulani Cabal led by his Wife Turai wanted to impose one of theirs, against the spirit of the Nigerian Constitution.
- It was Yorubas like Soyinka, Obasanjo, etc, who led Jonathan by hand, gave him confidence and asked him to sit on the Presidential Sit, that "nothing will happen", in 2009
- It was Obasanjo who single-handedly made Jonathan the V.P to Yar Adua (maybe duns like you will blame Obasanjo for this?)
- It was Yorubas who voted and ensured that Jonathan won his general election in 2011, rejecting the same Buhari

With all the above, any sane person cannot conclude that Yorubas did not vote for Jonathan, or rejected him for tribal reasons.

The truth of the matter is that if anyone is to blame, for Nigerians being saddled with a wicked, evil and unfit President like Buhari being elected, it should be Jonathan. It was his clueless and completely rudderless performance as of 2015, that made supporting him for another 4yrs, IMPOSSIBLE.
It has nothing to do with Osinbajo. Your hatred for Yorubas is the only reason you wanted to slight the impeccable name of V.P Osinbajo and his God will put "irrelevant" enemies like you to shame.

But in retrospect and to the disappointment of anyone who voted for Buhari, its is like running from Frying Pan, into a Fire.
There are no words to describe this Buhari Govt, "Failure" is an understatement, "Clueless" is like dressing a pig with lipstick and "Rudderless" cannot even explain what we are experiencing at the moment.

I am begining to think and believe those who say the person in Aso Rock, is not the Buhari that Nigerians elected in 2015, as silly as that thought may sound.
It is like a country being captured and ruled by a most vile, savage, foreign ruler who hates your country and its citizens and is determined to ruin your country, before he leaves in 2023.
I think he wants to plunge Nigeria into a Civil War, to actualise a Plan of Land-Grabbing that he and his cohorts have been planning for decades.
He will succeed if not resisted and everybody is alert.

That is MY OPINION, for the 2cent it is worth

Writing long epistle will not bring yoruba people back to yewa..
Face the fulani killing and turning yorubas refugees in yoruba land..

1 Like

Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Newton85: 6:51pm On Mar 01, 2021
tonychristopher:
we know you will deny them....
Oga these people aren't Yoruba, there's nothing like denying them here.
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by uuzba(m): 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ghostmode2two:
Baba I have a very sharp cutlass at home and always by bed side 24/7. Any crayfish movement is a suspect.
What if I attack you with a petrol bomb? Petrol on fire inside glass bottle?
Or a simple bow and arrow? How will your cutlass help?
Well, we are really defenceless in southern Nigeria.

Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Shalommy(f): 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
tonychristopher:

They are doing things like
Claiming lagos online
Doing party (owambe)
And chasing women of other tribes ....

As for fight, forget it! It will never. Happen! The average man from there would think of party they will attend and tell you to take that land.... That place is gone..

They love life, they party hard and fùck harder ... Didn't you see the last lekki protest that igbo left then and didn't protest because they trivalised the first one via yoruba Ronu

The second protest no last 2 hours .... LoL

So as for fighting , they will never fight for their land , forget it... Those guys eeeehhhh I just tire, but they would make noise online and use mouth
. Good for them.
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Obamaofusa: 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
Advocate500:
I understand your point, yurobas are peaceful people no doubt about that ,same with the igbos, igboman does not tolerate injustice under any gues ,lumping igbos with fulanis in terms violent sound very absurd to me ,the disagreement between igbos and yurobas are basically political because of the political arrangements between the two region.

I know that ugbos are also peaceful but in the area of religion,Fulanis and ugbos are on the same page..
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by pasol4real(m): 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
MrIcredible:

Keep fooling yourself...
Go to bakassi peninsula

Una chest beating too much grin

That's why Una stand like sticks grin
Its either you’re confusing igbos with the ppl of calabar or you seriously need a brain reset

1 Like

Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Advocate500: 9:43pm On Mar 01, 2021
Obamaofusa:

I know that ugbos are also peaceful but in the area of religion,Fulanis and ugbos are on the same page..
lol ugbos, forgive my spelling of yorubas pls.
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
uuzba:
What if I attack you with a petrol bomb? Petrol on fire inside glass bottle? Or a simple bow and arrow? How will your cutlass help? Well, we are really defenceless in southern Nigeria.
You are right
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Obamaofusa: 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2021
Advocate500:
lol ugbos, forgive my spelling of yorubas pls.
lol
Funny guy,you are grin
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Bialegend(m): 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2021
This one wrapper people sef. grin grin grin I ready to fuvck people. grin grin grin
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by jude79(m): 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nowenuse:

The fulani invasion has not reached Egba let alone Ijebu. Infact, not all of Yewa land has been displaced.
You know, the average black African man likes to wait till the wahala reaches his doorstep.

Yewa land is just so big and very empty with so much forest, it looks like a Northern area. Fulani herdsmen like these kind of places and will die on top it. And Yewa people are the smallest in Ogun state, they have the smallest political power and least influential people, unlike Egbas and Ijebus.

If other Yorubas, fail to come to their rescue, there is nothing they can do about it.

Chei!!! Pathetic and disheartening.
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by Cherez: 3:25am On Mar 02, 2021
Odunolumide:
This image doesn't prove anything. Just a random image of people gathered together and you called this an exodus.
This what many were doing until Ilorin was lost
If you knew what happened there you wouldn't talk
Honestly, I pity for some Nigerians going through hell cos this govt
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by tonychristopher: 6:04am On Mar 02, 2021
Newton85:
Oga these people aren't Yoruba, there's nothing like denying them here.
so yewa land isn't yoruba forget the picture
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by blackgold90(m): 8:32am On Mar 02, 2021
Bluntemperor:

You are a bad historian and you should never be allowed to teach in any Nigerian School! Why not just tell the truth?
Jonathan was never voted by Yorubas because of Osinbajo but Jonathan performance too was not impressive!
At that time even a UN Abuja Office was bombed! Were you not in Nigeria then? Other Parties seized the opportunity to win the election.So many Nigerians believed then that there was need for a change not the ethnic card or sentiments you tried to share now.
However,in comparison to Buhari's govt now,we can say Jonathan govt was fair,though Corruption was emblem and rampant and silenced, for me no to PDP, no matter their coloration.A government that ruled for 16years that could not be remembered for one good thing! No,No and No! They were boasting they wanted 50 years ruling!
Osinbajo was never the problem.We saw Osinbajo three months peaceful govt when Buhari was away on medical.
Nigeria as a nation is at a crossroad,for in order to get good government,we fell into the hands of one that has gone beyond the Constitution.
While the Youth are fighting for rising Unemployment,the masses are divided on ethic agenda being played by her leaders in power.We never knew so much of kidnapping,ethnic violence,nepotism,tribal and religious sentiments like this before,especially those who are 40 years old and above in Nigeria as it's presently.Where did we get it wrong?
Is it only Buhari that is the problem of Nigeria? What of the State Governors? Why are they the Security Officer of the State?
What happens to the NBillions Security Votes with them?
What about the Legislatures(Federal and the States)- are they not culprits? What about the Judiciary that is quick to give political Judgement while poor man's cases are lying fallow at the Industrial Courts,States High Courts and Appeal Courts,after all,justice delayed is justice denied!
See,we are all involved! Lets have change of hearts,then Nigeria will be great again!

You don't know what you are saying
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by bigcasava1(m): 9:36am On Mar 03, 2021
Danzakidakura:
don't quote me again, I don't talk with people who's brain is in their prick.
neither do I talk 2 people who their brain is in their armpits
Re: People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) by CodeTemplar: 7:46am On Mar 24, 2021
IDPs for southerners. This can only happen under Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ariwoola Disguises On Wheelchair For London Secret Meeting With Tinubu - Gazette / Jonathan's Government Offered Us 100 Billion, Buhari Should Honor It - Herdsmen / Tony Kabaka Visits MC Oluomo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.