Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:07 AM

Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? (6038 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / APC May Be Popular On Social Media But PDP Is In The Hearts Of Nigerians - Metuh / Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Golfer: 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
Thank God!!! At least Nigeria is moving forward.

All your arguments are valid, I see people giving reasons for their choices. This is more like democracy.

We seem to have moved away from voting based on tribe alone. This way we may even have a Fashola as president in the near future.

May the will of the people be carried and reflected in the results.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by danteweb: 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
Young people and the Nigeria we see

Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Lagosboy: 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2011
Good event
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by adconline(m): 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2011
[b]Guys be wise. Nigerians have really lost the value of self worth. People left their houses early in the morning, stayed on the qeue for hours, got accredited, voted, waited for the vote to be counted and announced, resisted attempt by some elements to manipulate the results, took pure water, foods, paracetamol etc along to polling booth yet you are ascribing the success of that to your president. I CAN SEE THAT MANY NIGERIANS HAVE LIVED UNDER OPPRESSION TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY HAVE LOST THEIR BRAINS AND VALUE OF SELF WORTH.

A vote for GEJ is a vote for Bankole, Iyabo Obasanjo and many more you voted out last Saturday to become your Ministers, Ambassadors, and by extension the member of the presidential economic team and the same looting will continue. We should never make that mistake. When you want to destroy the enemy, destroy him totally to the truth. Can GEJ take decision independently of OBJ, Anenih and co if returned to power.

Be WISE GUYS AND KNOW YOUR SELF WORTH.

THE POWER TRULY BELONG TO PEOPLE AND IF YOU FAIL TO SEE THAT, YOU WILL HANDOVER THAT POWER WILLINGLY TO THE OPPRESSOR AGAIN IN THE NAME OF A GOOD MAN.

[/b]
As if Nigerians did not do all of the above in 1999,2003, 2007 elections? So how come it changed in 2011?
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by sammirano: 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2011
THAT
adconline:

[b]Guys be wise. Nigerians have really lost the value of self worth. People left their houses early in the morning, stayed on the qeue for hours, got accredited, voted, waited for the vote to be counted and announced, resisted attempt by some elements to manipulate the results, took pure water, foods, paracetamol etc along to polling booth yet you are ascribing the success of that to your president. I CAN SEE THAT MANY NIGERIANS HAVE LIVED UNDER OPPRESSION TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY HAVE LOST THEIR BRAINS AND VALUE OF SELF WORTH.

A vote for GEJ is a vote for Bankole, Iyabo Obasanjo and many more you voted out last Saturday to become your Ministers, Ambassadors, and by extension the member of the presidential economic team and the same looting will continue. We should never make that mistake. When you want to destroy the enemy, destroy him totally to the truth. Can GEJ take decision independently of OBJ, Anenih and co if returned to power.

THE POWER TRULY BELONG TO PEOPLE AND IF YOU FAIL TO SEE THAT, YOU WILL HANDOVER THAT POWER WILLINGLY TO THE OPPRESSOR AGAIN IN THE NAME OF A GOOD MAN.

[/b]
As if Nigerians did not do all of the above in 1999,2003, 2007 elections? So how come it changed in 2011?

IF ANYONE ONE SHOULD GO ON AND VOTE FOR GEJ THEN SUCH PERSON IS POLITICALLY ILLITRATE BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST RESTORING PDP BACK TO THE POWER THEY ARE LOSING AND WHICH THEY WILL LOSE OUT ENTIRELY. I DON'T WANT TO ARGUE THE FACT THAT GOODLUCK IS A GOOD MAN BUT POLITICS IS NOT ABOUT AN INDIVIDUAL IT'S ABOUT THE PARTY. LETS TAKE A CASE STUDY OF (ACN) IF WE LOOK AT WHAT BOLA AHMED TINUBU DID DURING HIS TENURE NO ONE WOULD WANT TO VOTE BRF, BUT because THE PARTY MANIFESTO HAS MADE SOME THINGS AVAILABLE WHICH WILL NOW DEPEND ON THE LEADER TO FOLLOW BUT IN CONTRAST TO PDP THE PARTY IS DESTRCTIVE ITSELF SO NOTHING GOOD CAN COME OUT OF IT IF YOU TAKE A GOOD MAN THERE HE WILL JOIN THE PARTY I MEAN THE PARTY.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by ayubam: 8:50pm On Apr 11, 2011
adconline:

[/b]

@ ADCONLINE, I have no word for you. I understand that people who have lived under pressure too long hardly think they can achieve anything in life again. GEJ is ur hero, that is why Nigerians might remain the way it is forever for crude minds like you.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by emekagh(m): 9:43pm On Apr 11, 2011
A vote for GEJ is a vote for GEJ. If PDP cannot convince GEJ do rig the the election or at least rig in Obasanjo Bello, or Bankole, the it means the evil men in PDP like Obj cannot have their way any longer. And they cannot even get ministerial appointment since PDP is not in absolute majority in the National Assembly.

This election is about good individuals, and that is why PDP still managed to win. If PDP presents a good candidate, Nigerians will vote for him.her as they have done. GEJ has delivered on one of the most important area for the Nigerian masses. He has shown us that incumbency power or not, our vote counts, and are counted. This is clearly a break from the past. Nigerians will not listen to scare mongering or ant-GEJ forces who keep saying negative trash about GEJ - a man that has kept his words.

What exactly is the opposition offering us, other than probes, and probe, and more probes?

- How are they going to pursue this probe thing? Who and who will they probe and how?

- What is the time frame for the probe? 1 year, 2, 3 or 4?

- Do they have a road map for fight against corruption?

- What happens to Nigeria economy during these period of endless probes?

- How long shall we wait for electric power while the probe lasts?

- Will they stick to the reform programs of the Yar' Adua/GEJ administration if they win?

- Do the oppositions have any blueprint for greater Nigeria?

Is there anyone who can answer these questions for the BB or Ribadu team?
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by emcaluv(m): 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2011
@Emeka_gh,

Good post. We are waiting,
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by edoyad(m): 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2011
The way some people are talking would give one the impression that PDP performed woefully. If anything there seems to have been a balancing out,  returning to what we had in 99 with ACN and CPC taking the spots occupied by AD and ANPP. PDP is still the dominant force in Nigeria because the average man  knows it's better to vote the PDP, centrally oriented, than these other bigots/extremists that can throw this country into a civil war.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by ayubam: 10:01pm On Apr 11, 2011
emeka_gh:

A vote for GEJ is a vote for GEJ. If PDP cannot convince GEJ do rig the the election or at least rig in Obasanjo Bello, or Bankole, the it means the evil men in PDP like Obj cannot have their way any longer. And they cannot even get ministerial appointment since PDP is not in absolute majority in the National Assembly.

This election is about good individuals, and that is why PDP still managed to win. If PDP presents a good candidate, Nigerians will vote for him.her as they have done. GEJ has delivered on one of the most important area for the Nigerian masses. He has shown us that incumbency power or not, our vote counts, and are counted. This is clearly a break from the past. Nigerians will not listen to scare mongering or ant-GEJ forces who keep saying negative trash about GEJ - a man that has kept his words.

What exactly is the opposition offering us, other than probes, and probe, and more probes?

- How are they going to pursue this probe thing? Who and who will they probe and how?

- What is the time frame for the probe? 1 year, 2, 3 or 4?

- Do they have a road map for fight against corruption?

- What happens to Nigeria economy during these period of endless probes?

- How long shall we wait for electric power while the probe lasts?

- Will they stick to the reform programs of the Yar' Adua/GEJ administration if they win?

- Do the oppositions have any blueprint for greater Nigeria?

Is there anyone who can answer these question for the BB or Ribadu team?

If you had taken time out to read the respective manifestos of the two parties, you would have seen answers to your questions but you guys are typical African who are too lazy to read and get informed. BTW, how has PDP answered all these questions in the past 12 yrs. I hate doing this but I think but i think the SW guys should concentrate on evolving a good democratic process and develop their regions may be that will force some guys to wake up and see they are being left behind in the scheme of things.

GEJ is Good GEj is that, what did he do for the Bayelsans when he was Gov? Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they get. Now I know Nigeria is a joke in the comity of nations.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by sbeezy8: 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2011
ayubam:

If you had taken time out to read the respective manifestos of the two parties, you would have seen answers to your questions but you guys are typical African who are too lazy to read and get informed. BTW, how has PDP answered all these questions in the past 12 yrs. I hate doing this but I think but i think the SW guys should concentrate on evolving a good democratic process and develop their regions may be that will force some guys to wake up and see they are being left behind in the scheme of things.

GEJ is Good GEj is that, what did he do for the Bayelsans when he was Gov? Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they get. Now I know Nigeria is a joke in the comity of nations.

who is being left behind? LEAVING SW OUT OF MAINSTREAM POLITICS IS THE VERRRY BEST THING FOR SW.

afterall what alliance or relation still waxed strong between the north and east or north and South south without any SW person mediating it?

the cards all fall into place sooner or later history repeats itself time and time again.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by sbeezy8: 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2011
Mainstream politics has ruined S/West —Tinubu

According to him, “ In 2003, there was a seismic shift in the politics of the South-West when the Peoples Democratic Party swept to power in Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti states. Only Lagos State remained solidly in the Awoist progressive camp. For the first time in their political history, the people of the West had the opportunity to participate in the so-called mainstream politics and learn from their experience.

“Has participation in mainstream politics delivered the promised dividends to the people of the South- West? The answer is obvious. Just as it has deepened poverty and underdevelopment in the Niger Delta, South- East, Middle Belt, and far Northern parts of the country, mainstream politics has worsened the plight of the South- West.”
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by ayubam: 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

who is being left behind? LEAVING SW OUT OF MAINSTREAM POLITICS IS THE VERRRY BEST THING FOR SW.

afterall what alliance or relation still waxed strong between the north and east or north and South south without any SW person mediating it?

the cards all fall into place sooner or later history repeats itself time and time again.

Just look at your region and see how the North and PDP has turned it to Dubai in the last 12 years. The facts are there for all to see. If some people are working out plans to save the nation from our common enemy with positive ideology and you think they are loosers, time will tell. Just see all the roads in your so called south or south south. See the guys controlling your oil- they are all Ramaniya, Dangote, Imad, etc hausas click in PDP. You can choose to break the old order and pally with progressive hausa minds or stay in your whatever PDP mentality. Time will tell. The same PDP that considered your GEJ not fit to rule after Yaradua's demise. Trust me, you guys will come back regretting.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by sbeezy8: 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2011
^^ dubai ke?
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by ayubam: 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

^^ dubai ke?

I think we are on the same page. PDP are not interested in true Federalism. That is why they are deceiving people with National Party syndrome. Until PDP is scattered and their ideology destroyed, Nigerians cannot move forward.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by sbeezy8: 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2011
o def
PDP doesnt believe in it
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by muami(m): 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
I have a dream that one day a Nigerian from any part of Nigeria would be President.
I have a dream that one day an educated man would be President in Nigeria.
I have a dream that one day Nigeria would hold a free and fair election.
I have a dream that one day I would just drive into the filling station and buy fuel without queues.
I have a dream that one day youthful men with fresh ideas would take over the leadership of Nigeria.
I have a dream that one day Nigeria would be free from the shackles of ex generals and dictators.
I have a dream that one day Nigeria would have a workable Roadmap for the power sector.
I have a dream that one day there would be peace in the Niger Delta and oil production would increase.
I have a dream that one day the Nigerian government would enact a law like the PIB to ensure the country recieves more from its resources.
I have a dream that one day we would have a president who cares about workers welfare and therefore increases the minimum wage they earn
I have a dream that one day we would have a President who know the value of education and therefore establishes more universities.
I have a dream that one day we would have a president who does not interfere in the electoral process
I have a dream that one day we would have the trains working again in Nigeria
I have a dream that one day we would have a president that values press freedom
I have a dream that one day we would have a president who understands economics
I have a dream that one day Nigeria will rise up and live out the true meaning of its motto:Unity, Peace and Progress
I have a dream today that one day, we wold have the dream team of GOODLUCK JONATHAN and NAMADI SAMBO taking us to the promised land.
I have a dream today!

SAI GEJ!
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2011
[size=13pt]A vote for GEJ is a vote for Bankole, Iyabo Obasanjo and many more you voted out last Saturday to become your Ministers, Ambassadors, and by extension the member of the presidential economic team and the same looting will continue. We should never make that mistake. When you want to destroy the enemy, destroy him totally to the truth. Can GEJ take decision independently of OBJ, Anenih and co if returned to power. [/size]
Seriously scary but possible thoughts there!!!
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by muami(m): 11:14pm On Apr 11, 2011
A vote for GEJ is a vote for Bankole, Iyabo Obasanjo and many more you voted out last Saturday

Just like the rejection of CPC in the NASS elections is a rejection of Buhari and the dismal performance of CPC in the North is equal to a dismal performance of Buhari.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by muami(m): 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2011
Quote from Kobojunkie
A vote for GEJ is a vote for Bankole, Iyabo Obasanjo and many more you voted out last Saturday

Seems like your holy mallam Buhari has also caught the PDP bug.In order words, a vote for Buhari is a vote for Babangida, Ciroma, Atiku and Gusau( all PDP members) right?

Presidential polls: Buhari meets Ciroma group today
Monday, 11 April 2011 07:14 Suleiman M. Bisalla

Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) General Muhammadu Buhari will meet with members of the G15 consisting of Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, Malam Adamu Ciroma, Atiku Abubakar and Gen. Aliyu Gusau, among others, in Abuja today, in furtherance of his efforts to expand the horizon of support for Saturday’s presidential elections.

Director General of the Buhari campaign organisation Alhaji Sule Hamma confirmed the meeting to Daily Trust yesterday but did not give details. “Yes I’m aware that they are meeting him [Buhari] today in Abuja to put heads together in order to ensure the emergence of a competent leadership with capacity to reform and to salvage Nigeria’s democracy,” he said.

A source close to the G15 also confirmed that the group is meeting with the General Buhari today to discuss the way forward concerning the elections. He also indicated that the Presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) billed to meet with IBB in Minna any moment from today for talks on the elections
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by babwilms(m): 12:32am On Apr 12, 2011
Who ever votes for jonathan is a fool, he has nothing to offer this Nation. Whoever that associates themself with the likes of Obasanjo, Anenih, Gbenga Daniel and co can never do anything positive for this nation. Under his presidency:
1) We've had 12 bomb blast across the nation and he could not do anything about it or prosecute the offenders. Can three bomb blast happen in a developed country and the President or the Chief Security Officer still keep their job? No
2)The Jos Crisis is there and he cannot find solution to it. The fact is that he knows the people behind this things but decided to look the other way.
3)Has a president who is suppose to defend out constitution, he has withdrew dozens of corrution charges from the court.

Though he has delivered a free and fair election to certain level but that should not mean we should vote for him. Let us think well before voting for this man. He is so dull him and his VP. The VP cannot even deliver his state to PDP, that his a big shame and insult. He should just change him.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by emekagh(m): 2:44am On Apr 12, 2011
babwilms:

Who ever votes for jonathan is a fool, he has nothing to offer this Nation. Whoever that associates themself with the likes of Obasanjo, Anenih, Gbenga Daniel and co can never do anything positive for this nation. Under his presidency:
1) We've had 12 bomb blast across the nation and he could not do anything about it or prosecute the offenders. Can three bomb blast happen in a developed country and the President or the Chief Security Officer still keep their job? No
2)The Jos Crisis is there and he cannot find solution to it. The fact is that he knows the people behind this things but decided to look the other way.
3)Has a president who is suppose to defend out constitution, he has withdrew dozens of corrution charges from the court.

Though he has delivered a free and fair election to certain level but that should not mean we should vote for him. Let us think well before voting for this man. He is so dull him and his VP. The VP cannot even deliver his state to PDP, that his a big shame and insult. He should just change him.

Ok sir, please in your register for fools, tick my name. Let me be the first fool to vote for GEJ. I will only be foolish voting for GEJ.
So tell me, how about those who vote for the semi-literate ex-president whose only plan for Nigeria is to scare investors away by probes, probes, and more probes?

What will you call those youth who ignore able bodied men with fresh ideas and good intention to pitch the tent with a tribalistic grandfather, whose time as an ex-military president was spent enthroning tribalism?

What name will call those who dance to the musical tune of the senile tyrant, who after supervising an organised treasury looting during his time as PTF chairman sang that "Abacha never stole!"?

Well at least I am a fool voting for GEJ, the chosen one, not a lunatic, or clueless follower of a Jihadist and known ethnic bigot.

If a foolish man pitches his tent with a winner in a winning team, what will you call those losers, who are grasping at straws in a sinking ship?

Please you need not answer, Saturday will dawn upon us already - wiseguy!
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by prefers555: 5:23am On Apr 12, 2011
I beg to differ that the pdp seems to be gaining ground in the south west. I think the support garnered by the pdp in the last election has a lot to do with the seemingly mistrust of the fashola govt by the low income earners who have in one way or the other been maeginalised in the new look lagos state. I must commend the sw regions 4 using their votes wisely. I t appears the region definitely knows what it wants as far as choosing their govt it concerned. You mess up you get the boot. You impress, you get a second chance, that is what democracy is all about. I wish other regions would take a cue, not necessarily voting the ACN, but making sure a non chalant and repressive govt or party is shown the way out.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 12, 2011
Those of us who supported Jonathan before now, can walk with our shoulders high that the man is a leader.

A vote for Jonathan is a vote for change.
The man is not perfect, but he has given us hope that Nigeria can be great again.

I understand the sentiments against his person and especially against the PDP, but I think we all should be matured enough to admit that this PDP led by Jonathan is not "same" as led by OBJ.

Thanks Mr President. My one vote goes to you.
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 12, 2011
choose Buhari
[flash=850,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd4f_miAvA?version=3[/flash]
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Johns83: 11:18am On Apr 14, 2011
This was just forwarded to my phone: Today in Kaduna PDP disbursed N1.9billion in their bid to win saturday presidential election as follows: 1. LGA returning officers N5mil each 2. LGA Admin Sec. N3mil each 3. INEC directors N3mil each 4. All DPOs N500,000 each 5. All SSS LGA N500,000 each 6. Other INEC officials N2mil The monies were disbursed at Malali and U/rimi btw 10am to 1pm by 1. Alh Hussaini Jallo 2. Alh Hamisu Mairago 3. Alh Lawal ismail 4. Alh Mukhtar Yero (Deputy Gov.) PDP have a budget of N3bil per state against saturday election. Kindly inform INEC, EFCC, PRESS and Observers. Pls use ur phone to snap and record all dealings. Protect your vote. Vote Wisely
Re: Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? by Lagosboy: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2011
The final result have proven me right, there are millions of folks in the SW who support PDP and this is a big concern for the future of the SW.

Leaving aside the complicity of the SW "progressives" , PDP performed extremely well in this election and if ACN does not perform excellent in all tiers of governance, it is only a matter of time before they might be swept away in tsunami again. Oyo state is a big concern and i will never rule out a vctory for Akala although i am praying and hoping he is swept away by ladoja or Ajimobi.

SW folks should ot get carried away as the results of this election has shown us. Even if all ACN voters never came out , PDP winning over 1 million votes in Lagos is just disturbing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Addressing Panel At Stock Market Probe - Live / Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her / Tinubu Will Suffer, And Wont Get Sympathy From Anyone - Angry Lagosian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.