Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States (28155 Views)

Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper / Miyetti Allah Asks Fulani Herdsmen To Leave Southern States / Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Hit Southern States (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Mightyhaiz: 8:07am On Mar 01, 2021
V good,they should use it to feed their sea of alamajiri there..

excess food dey this side,na we just dey lazy. my cocoyam and cassava farms just dey die out and regrow year in year out..nobody to harvest them .They just shoot out the next season.. it wont take me much to engage labourers and make out tonnes of good food there

2 Likes

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by yorubarere: 8:10am On Mar 01, 2021
Judolisco:
oga they are saying the truth come to Niger state here and see trailers stopped from moving
And west is starved ba?
Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Naybahood(m): 8:11am On Mar 01, 2021
MejiLoyon:
We should learn to look at options
4 thousand naira meat wey I buy on Friday be like bobrisky blokos. Very small. I no talk. Yesterday na fish I buy. Plenty and sweet. My kids dey do yuck yuck I dey do yummy yummy. Last last we chop am together and slept happily. Moral...look for options.As meat no dey I enter fish. If fish scarce I go enter crayfish. If crayfish scarce na to buy Maggi chicken flavour. The flavour go make believe. Them say onions go scarce I don buy the flavours down. Pepper scarce I don buy plenty ata gungun. If tomatoes scarce we go use tinned tomatoes.
Let's adapt. When their craze come down after hunger show dem kukere dem go sell. We move

Na man you be boss.....I greet you .

1 Like

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Iykenuwa(m): 8:11am On Mar 01, 2021
I hope they ban their cattle from the South as well
Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Rilwayne001: 8:11am On Mar 01, 2021
These people adding petrol to fire, it'll certainly not end well.
Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by eteba(m): 8:12am On Mar 01, 2021
Oh Dear North,
Please keep up the tempo, DON`T STOP, we all love it downsouth.

Thanks for your understanding.
Yours
Eteba.

1 Like

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by CSTRR: 8:12am On Mar 01, 2021
BTW, you can see why the Niger Delta are very generous.
Even if they ask for 50% derivation, it is still very generous to Nigeria.

Northerners have been getting free Crude Dollars as allocation for ages.

While they are trying to blockade the South on their produces that they SELL to us.
They are trying to dance on the only thing they offer the country, which is not even free of charge.

Imagine the audacity.

6 Likes

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Kingrefreshed: 8:12am On Mar 01, 2021
GameGod:

https://dailytrust.com/blockade-beef-scarcity-rising-cost-of-food-items-hit-southern-states

Don't try this in NIGERIA. Remember there was a time in NIGERIA that all borders were closed and we were still doing our businesses in Ghana, Cameroon and Togo!
Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by tnerro1(m): 8:13am On Mar 01, 2021
Seriously fake news grin

Carry ur goods and your heardmen to another country so the south can progress in peace
Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by QuotaSystem: 8:13am On Mar 01, 2021
Macphenson:

Kindly tell that to your lazy and unproductive governors who runnto Abuja every month end to share allocation from crude oil, and VAT from Alcohol sales.

Common sense is indeed not common.

Indeed.

Common sense would have revealed that cretin is an ipob terrorist piglet masquerading as a northerner to project his insecurities.
Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by 24SEVEN: 8:13am On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
Haba, why are we northerners not thinking straight before embarking on the paths of destruction? Do we think we can sustain this fight against the south and win? Who is advising us wrongly?

Let us stay in our own and support the division of the country instead of this bully tactics we always do.

You are not a Northerner, stop fooling yourself. grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by emmnprince(m): 8:13am On Mar 01, 2021
MejiLoyon:
We should learn to look at options
4 thousand naira meat wey I buy on Friday be like bobrisky blokos. Very small. I no talk. Yesterday na fish I buy. Plenty and sweet. My kids dey do yuck yuck I dey do yummy yummy. Last last we chop am together and slept happily. Moral...look for options.As meat no dey I enter fish. If fish scarce I go enter crayfish. If crayfish scarce na to buy Maggi chicken flavour. The flavour go make believe. Them say onions go scarce I don buy the flavours down. Pepper scarce I don buy plenty ata gungun. If tomatoes scarce we go use tinned tomatoes.
Let's adapt. When their craze come down after hunger show dem kukere dem go sell. We move

But prices of those items you mentioned as options will also go north na!
Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Farki: 8:13am On Mar 01, 2021
venger:
Apart from crude, what does the south offer the North??, let them keep their oil, we will buy from Niger, after all the north was surviving even before the almagamation of the south and north. Who the south EPP.
God bless the northern oligarchs.

Please let's close the Lagos and Rivers ports and railways.

2 Likes

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Sedonxavi: 8:15am On Mar 01, 2021
Arewa247:

And you are happy the way they are killing the northerners. Even if they start their own we will survive it cuz a lot of country in the world doesn't have petrol yet they live more happily than we that have the petrol.
How will petrol benefit us when your Bubu and his fulani people who doesn't know anything about petroleum has taken over NNPC

2 Likes

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Farki: 8:15am On Mar 01, 2021
SmartPolician:

Mvmv, how will the north have access to the seas for importation without the south? The north is useless to Nigeria.

Banditry, cattle rustling, hate for Western education, mass abduction of schoolchildren, kidnapping, underage marriages, religious intolerance, nepotism, terrorism, and the list goes on. Those are the streaks of destruction the north brings to Nigeria

If north cuts off the south from food supply, we will send all the Almajiris back to them, cut them off crude supply and stop them from using the ports down south, and send away all the northerners occupying juicy positions in oil and gas and ports in the south.

Nigeria's north needs the south more than the south needs the north. Just before you drop an unintelligent response, you should ask yourself why your leaders
can kill to keep one Nigeria. So just shush!

Many areas in the North don't have teachers, it's southern corpers and Igbo women who went there with their families that they are using.

2 Likes

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by QuotaSystem: 8:16am On Mar 01, 2021
SmartPolician:

How old are you?

Every Nairalander knows you are not a northerner

Grow up.

So you were able to spot that one?

Yet you let the venger imposter piglet pretending to be a northerner get so much under your skin that you typed a whole chapter in response?

Lol.
Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by pisltd: 8:18am On Mar 01, 2021
gambia:

Your beloved Darling Daddy is the one causing trouble everywhere.
He has no clue grin.

1 Like

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Patrioticbreed9(m): 8:18am On Mar 01, 2021
post=99501257:
We remembered how we used to live as brothers as sisters in our darling nation with these same Fulani herdsmen.
The times we gave water and food to herdsmen journeying across the nation as they go on their business peacefully,
Just with...
[/i]

i dont even know what went wrong along the line back then there was on angweyi that my parent loves so much in our village, we usualy call him awoli jam or awoli jampo and anytime we call him by that name he will start dancing and singing,any day my he is coming my mother usualy prepare beans and yam his favourite there was a day he came with four of his brothers and my mum prepared almost 3mudus of beans and 2 yams for em, the bound was so strong that we named him chibuzor, he gifted us two calfs.. i was shocked the day my mum called me and told me dat fulanis are disturbing our farms i asked her if chibuzor was among and she said chibuzor have been away for the past six years.. what went wrong ..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:18am On Mar 01, 2021
We can live without them

1 Like

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by NoToPile: 8:20am On Mar 01, 2021
I don't think its sustainable, businessmen won't want to lose their income , especially the farmers up north especially for Perishable products.

Tomatoes that has been lined up since Thursday will have started wilting. Millions of naira.

It just a matter of time.

Badagry Fayawo boys be looking at you guys with side eyes,if this persists they will smuggle tomatoes and pepper from Benin republic.

The major impact will be on all grains and even that too its just a matter of time, no farmer will want to keep goods stored for too long when there's a market.

4 Likes

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Bestbeelieve: 8:20am On Mar 01, 2021
BUARI IS A BAS TRD DULLARD!! TAKE IT! THE SOUTH SHOULD CUT OFF SUPPLIES TO THE NORTH AND OPEN UP THE SOUTHERN BORDERS.

3 Likes

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by emmnprince(m): 8:21am On Mar 01, 2021
tungamaje:
If the Biafrans could survive the food blockade during the war time, the southerners would as well survive Just let the herdsmen vacate our forests so that we can go back and farm

And who told you Biafrans survived the food blockade?

If not that the man who championed it after the Nigeria soldiers closed up on him which necessitated "Mr. Edet" to officially surrender, many more would have died, and you might not have survived to drop this comment!

1 Like

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by TheVoice21(m): 8:22am On Mar 01, 2021
In conclusion, let's stop eating cow cool

1 Like

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by arimahoseloka(m): 8:22am On Mar 01, 2021
usecondom:
All of una dey mad. Empower the youths on farming, create enabling environment south is not a desert.
they are lazy, they will not farm. And if they do then greed will be activated and prices will be 10 times than the normal price.
Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 01, 2021
The blockade will soon be over.

Normal supply in 3 weeks

All in all, its called politics. Politics
Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by 02Kebreal(m): 8:24am On Mar 01, 2021
Kewtt:
Which part of the South? A third of the cows in SW are owned by westerners.... So? Now we move to chicken n turkey....we are also not selling our chicken n turkey to the North. They should feed fat on their miserable cows.

Stop making noise!
Do you have Chickens compared to North.

1 Like

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by 02Kebreal(m): 8:25am On Mar 01, 2021
butterfly777:
We southerners will like to thank the north for this. We have been hoping you take your goods elsewhere, and stop spoiling market for the local farmers.

Imagine, an Hausa seller will not rent a shop. He will not rent a room to sleep in. He will sleep in the open space He will not send children to school and pay school fees.

All these shallow lifestyle makes him feel okay selling things too cheap.

Unlike the southern seller who lives a normal life of renting shop or stalls, proper rooms to live in, send children to private schools, etc.

So take your poor lifestyle elsewhere and stop spoiling business for people down south.

Now, our own farmers can increase their efforts on agriculture, knowing that northerners will no longer come to offer uneconomic prices for the same farm products.

SHUT UP!

1 Like

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by MansoryMX(m): 8:28am On Mar 01, 2021
slachtoffers:
Firstly, Niger and Cameroon combined together do not have the purchasing power of the South. grin The North can throw Chad in the mix and it won't make any difference.

They should continue the blockage until Argentina start dumping their beef in Cotonou and your guess is as good as mine where it will all end?

Or other countries that produce the food we need use Benin and our porous border as a launching pad to sale their products.

Since Nigerians tasted foreign rice they have refused all local rice even with the incentives and gimmicks. That will be the fate of the North once Nigeria taste those South American beef.

"make the North dey there dey mumu themselves"

Shhhhhhhhhh! Osharena! Lower your voice na. Nor too talk loud abeg make dem nor go change their mind. We dey look for opportunities to breakup from these barbaric people since 1960 and they just gave us express ticket!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Brushstrokes20: 8:28am On Mar 01, 2021
...we shall survive!

The doomed contraption is long overdue for disintegration!

I rep odua republic!
Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by Queseda: 8:30am On Mar 01, 2021
Good! Now we know who is the real parasite who depend on others to eat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blockade: Beef Scarcity, Rising Cost Of Food Items Hit Southern States by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:30am On Mar 01, 2021
The useless Presidency has lost its voice again as usual but when Southerners take retaliatory measures that put their darling North in abysmal position now,they will start preaching unity !

Buhari is a terrible ruler. As usual,he will pretend as if he knows nothing about the non existent muscle his people are flexing now whereas,he is very much in support of such actions. North is not in any position to blackmail south or bring it down on its kneels; it is actually the other way round.

I hope the fulani man from Daura will quickly borrow a sense before it is too late and take decisive actions against the senseless morons that are behind the ongoing nonsense. The south has the capacity and what it takes to completely crumble the economy of Nigeria within few days. Forget about oil and gas for now,actions will start from the Port in Lagos. I know that most of you northerners are not intelligent enough to know the strategic importance of that Port to Nigeria. Trust me,you people,especially your elites will start feeling the heat immediately that place is grounded. Even Dangote will lament ! You guys are truly stupid.

We ain't bothered about your childish actions yet but we are watching how the primitive fulani man in aso rock will handle this. We are more concerned about his action and that of the so called Presidency before you start hearing from us.

You will hear from us,you will cry and you'll realise that you ain't in anyway different from Somalia without the South.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Only Osinbajo Can Change Narrative Of Governance — RCCG / The Fear Of Buhari Whips Nigeria Into Shape, &Africa Just Might Be Carried Along / Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.