Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,963 members, 7,952,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:49 AM

My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South (41542 Views)

Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) / My Yam Farm In Cement Bags (Pictures) / The Puff Adder My Workers Killed On My Yam Farm (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Angelfrost(m): 11:02am On Mar 01, 2021
Loans and grants are not things any farmer or intending farmer should be begging for anywhere in this nation...

I actually expect the governors to be begging youths or enticing them with loans, grants, subsidies, etc, to get them involved fully in Agriculture, farming, and food production.

Just imagine a single region having the audacity to hold another region hostage on top food matter... I expect Southern governors, senators, elders, and politicians to be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves, but I realize that the average Nigerian politician is as useless as he is shameless.

Thanks to the Northerners for that food stuff embargo... Maybe, South will finally get some sense into their lazy coconut heads! It is beyond shocking and shameful how some of us have been so largely dependent on these fools for what we can easily and sustainably produce for ourselves.

To your tent everyone! Every region should produce its own food!.. Unity is a scam!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by sangresan(m): 11:02am On Mar 01, 2021
ikorodureporta:
We don't have to rely on North for food... infact all Nigerian States suppose to dey self sufficient . Na so dem dey say nothing dey for North meanwhile na Dem dey bring food since

No be dem dey bring food since...In fact, this situation isn't up to 25 years in the making...It all started with the introduction of okada into southern Nigeria...When were you born sef?

1 Like

Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Hezmatosky: 11:02am On Mar 01, 2021
New yam by this time? Oga tell us something else joor kiss
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Pele10: 11:02am On Mar 01, 2021
May the Lord of havest give us more Bounty havest as we sow in our various endevours...
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Angelfrost(m): 11:07am On Mar 01, 2021
Mikecold:
Mynd44 this should make frontpage not only northern propaganda.

Now tell me how this man would grow hungry, before the talked about mechanised farming arrives, if every southerner has a garden just in his house and do this, food would be surplus.

As an Edo Man, i have yam/plantain in my garden, i have cassava for garri when i want

Paw paw/pumpkin/vegetables are in my garden

I only eat my local rice (Ekpoma rice) Edo has enough corn, palm oil, coconut, banana within town

Ogbolo, egusi, okro, banga are all in my town

I rare my chickens in addition to the fish and turkey for meat

Honestly, I don't even know what all the panic and fear is all about... We have too many dull and lazy people in the South. It is annoying!

Delta state produces almost every food stuff you can think of. Same with Rivers, Ogun, etc.

We need to seriously cut ties with these Northerners!!!

6 Likes

Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Draei: 11:07am On Mar 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
You did well sir but that is just 30 yams.

You can't compare to the number of yams we in the north plant alone in one planting season.

comparing one person's harvest to 'WE' in the north. Mtcheeew! undecided

1 Like

Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by JaffyJoe(m): 11:07am On Mar 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You can't compare to the number of yams we in the north plant alone in one planting season.

Do you have an idea what OBJ farms churn out on a daily basis alone? Although he exports most, if he chooses to go local distribution alone, it’s over for the northern distribution channels.
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 01, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Instead of using his position to press/ agitate for resource control he is begging to be given what is rightfully his..
This one, if he ever become president of nigeria he'll keep begging the north for permission to feed his own people.

Efulefu! you'll remain a begger forever until you emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
Only God knows how this one became youth president

Awusa lunatico
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by EmekaBlue(m): 11:08am On Mar 01, 2021
This country funny

Make e divide soonest
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by ceaser: 11:08am On Mar 01, 2021
God bless your hustle jàre Chukwuma.

This food restrictions from the north to the south will eventually be a blessing in disguise. Watch as guys start to farm big time and cash out.

I have made arrangements to fence a 6 plot of land I have left fallow for a while, dig a well for irrigation and hire guys to help plant crops, for some level of subsistence farming of course.

Fulanis are quite common in the area grazing their cows thru, so making that brick fence will be a wise decision.
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by tamdun: 11:09am On Mar 01, 2021
Emu4life:
All these Initial GraGra just to prove a point to the North? Hmmn, I just dey laugh.
Are telling them to do nothing, they shouldn't provide food for themselves?
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 01, 2021
JaffyJoe:

Do you have an idea what OBJ farms churn out on a daily basis alone? Although he exports most, if he chooses to go local distribution alone, it’s over for the northern distribution channels.

Continue deceiving yourself.

Then why is OBJ not feeding the south, if his farm is so big for export.

Every farmers produce for local consumption then export the excess for foreign exchange.
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Can these yams feed your village for 1 day?

Is there only one farmer in ur village?
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Carlylepneuma: 11:11am On Mar 01, 2021
wt a joke oga SW need that yam ibeg help there life...
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Bullhari: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Instead of using his position to press/ agitate for resource control he is begging to be given what is rightfully his..
This one, if he ever become president of nigeria he'll keep begging the north for permission to feed his own people.

Efulefu! you'll remain a begger forever until you emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
Only God knows how this one became youth president

I bu anu ofia. where has your agitations taken you to. Someone is making sense, you that have no grain attached to you is here spitting nonsense.
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Prussian: 11:13am On Mar 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Yet, the North leads in malnutrition, hunger and diseases.
The North is bad luck and the South is no longer interested in sharing your curse
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by ikorodureporta: 11:14am On Mar 01, 2021
sangresan:

No be dem dey bring food since...In fact, this situation isn't up to 25 years in the making...It all started with the introduction of okada into southern Nigeria...When were you born sef?

I said "since" Did I specify the year??
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by odonkoro: 11:14am On Mar 01, 2021
Very good, very soon Nigeria will be self sufficient in food production if every geopolitical zones are engaged in agriculture. However, don't wait for government loan, because many serious farmers do not wait for government loan.
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by ThatFairGuy: 11:15am On Mar 01, 2021
fk001:

Lol, do you know how many trailers full of food come to the south every week from the north?
Hundreds of trailers with a different type of foodstuffs loaded.

[s]South can not produce food in commercial quantity, the precipitation and humidity are not favourable to the production of some kind of foodstuff, the soil factor is also not encouraging.[/s]

We need the north for foodstuff forget about all the mouth we are making upandan we are just trying to be brave so that the north will think we don't need them, but we do!!
Tell us the food crop that cannot be grown in the South? What's affecting us is the mentality we have for farming, we sees it as dirty job for illiterates. We'll prefer slaving around to collect less than a hundred bucks a month than to venture into mechanize farming where you earn hundreds of thousands within 3 months.

Another is getting loan and menace of Terrorist herders.

EVERY CROP CAN BE GROWN IN THE SOUTH AND EVEN DO WELL THAN IN THE NORTH.

1 Like

Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Grace001: 11:16am On Mar 01, 2021
The most important thing we should be concern about in the south is how to make sure these northerners don’t bring their cow grazing on our land.

Because failure to address that you may not be lucky next time to make that bountiful harvest because Herdsmen will have use their cows to destroy your farm and frustrate your efforts.

Once that is being taken care of southern farmers can feed south and smile to bank we have the market

To hell with those almajiris
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by SeriouslySense(m): 11:21am On Mar 01, 2021
I enjoy planting all types of crops, if your house is fenced, and you have space, you can mix animal likes chicken with crops, the animal poo and food waste can be used to fertilize your crops, and there was a time, i planted yam with my land lady, and i was surprised there was bumper harvest, plus, i planted pineapples, while my land lady planted flowers.

Me and my Land Lady, slaughtered Chickens (my pets) and harvested some yam that year. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Fantacy4(m): 11:23am On Mar 01, 2021
LoudLord:
Abokis people still dey claim Boss

Let's see who go tire

Goro people
How many yams him even cultivate self wey him d look for loan when for north one person de cultivate more than ten trailers dem never ask for loan
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by LLMG: 11:25am On Mar 01, 2021
beautiful, keep it up.
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by lordatkinson07(m): 11:31am On Mar 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Can these yams feed your village for 1 day?

At least, he has done something and he has the result to show everyone.

If many of us can join him, the entire southern region would be fed by us and not depending on the food from the north.

What have you done? Only for you to be procrastinating. Dumb head
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Oizee(f): 11:32am On Mar 01, 2021
LoudLord:
Abokis people still dey claim Boss

Let's see who go tire

Goro people
u dey mind dem,... let dem go and b eating their tomato, onion, carrots and whatever....they claimed to be food sufficient but, they are the most malnourished people in Nigeria....a typical veggies farmer in that land don't even know what they use carrots and cabbage for... their own is just to cultivate since there's always high demand for the things dey farm.

no be who get money go dey fry tomato and do salads.... make I see how Niger go fit buy their farm produce

3 Likes

Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by abdul824: 11:32am On Mar 01, 2021
pathetic harvest
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 01, 2021
fk001:

Lol, do you know how many trailers full of food come to the south every week from the north?

South can not produce food in commercial quantity, the precipitation and humidity are not favourable to the production of some kind of foodstuff, the soil factor is also not encouraging.

We need the north for foodstuff forget about all the mouth we are making upandan we are just trying to be brave so that the north will think we don't need them, but we do!!
people like you are the problem of this country

would you die if the north didn't exist
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Prussian: 11:37am On Mar 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Continue deceiving yourself.

Then why is OBJ not feeding the south, if his farm is so big for export.

Every farmers produce for local consumption then export the excess for foreign exchange.

Look at this illiterate. Are you aware the Obasanjo farms is the biggest exporter of eggs to Senegal?
Do you know how many thousands of tons of chicken OBJ farms produces every day.

1 Like

Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 01, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Do you understand how much bandits have cashed out just last month alone?
And fg saying even if they know where they are, they won't attack them cos they dont want to destroy the eco system.. Imagine using ecosystem as an excuse to preserve terrorists..
More reason I loathe GEJ. He had no balls..

Any southerner that smells that seat again, should FORGET ABOUT THE NORTH AND FOCUS ON DEVELOPING HIS OWN DOMAIN..
I agree on the bolded without reservation.

1 Like

Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Raph82(m): 11:39am On Mar 01, 2021
fk001:

South can not produce food in commercial quantity, the precipitation and humidity are not favourable to the production of some kind of foodstuff, the soil factor is also not encouraging.

U're missing it bro, when u say our soil factor is not encouraging, I disagree, there is nothing like impossibility when it comes to farming. Israel is a rocky nation, they don't have a favourable soil and whether, but see what they're doing in agriculture, they are self sufficient in food security and produce for the world.
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by fk001(m): 11:43am On Mar 01, 2021
ThatFairGuy:

Tell us the food crop that cannot be grown in the South? What's affecting us is the mentality we have for farming, we sees it as dirty job for illiterates. We'll prefer slaving around to collect less than a hundred bucks a month than to venture into mechanize farming where you earn hundreds of thousands within 3 months.

Another is getting loan and menace of Terrorist herders.

EVERY CROP CAN BE GROWN IN THE SOUTH AND EVEN DO WELL THAN IN THE NORTH.

Had it been you study agriculture or at least have little knowledge of geography then you wouldn't have to argue with me.

Too much rainfall result to little or no farm products.

Do you know that tomatoes, peppers, and other fruit vegetables doesn't require too much rain if possible no rain at all? That's why you will see more green houses here in south than north because the greenhouse provides a favourable condition for the farm products like the north. But the farm products cannot be produced in commercial quantities in the greenhouse.

Let's not deceive ourselves south is only good for the production of roots and tubers and plantation crop.
Re: My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South by Chimeluv(f): 11:44am On Mar 01, 2021
He has enough yams to feed his family smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Can Help You to Establish Cereal, Root,Tuber and horticultural Farms . / 7 Top Cassava Buying Companies In Nigeria. / Snake Killed Inside Toilet At The Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.