Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,342 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

How Do I Survive Without My Mother? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Survive Without My Mother? (1587 Views)

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? / How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by tabithaola(f): 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2021
Pardon me if this sounds funny but its my reality. I lost my mum on the 5th of February and I can say life hasn't been thesame since then. My mum was both parents to me even though my Dad is Hale and hearty. She's a definition of a TRUE mother. She's more than the world to me and the love I have for her can't be quantified. She singlehandedly trained my siblings and I which ofcourse came at a price of sacrificing all within her reach to ensure we turn out great. God granted her request because we are all ok in our own little way. My mum laboured so much and paid her dues as a mother not just to her biological children but to everyone around her. She died at the age of 75 do I won't say she died so young but she left when she should sit back and enjoy all she laboured for.

The thought of having to live with this reality is heart breaking for me may be because I'm her baby. I couldn't do without hearing from her in 2 days and same is also applicable to her. My children are the only reason I'm still holding on and I hope what I'm experiencing isn't depression. Kindly advise on how to forge ahead without her for those who have experienced the loss of a dear parent or loved ones. I'll be reading the way out of this unpleasant reality. Thank you.
Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
You were never prepared for a day like this, that's the reason for the traumatic experience and depression you currently feel.

My mom will always tell us that she can drop dead any moment and we should be prepared and be strong when the day comes.... Sometimes we do rebuke her for saying such but she's actually preparing us for her transition to eternal glory.

She has been saying this for 3 decades now and I am already prepared for this phase of not seeing my second God again, the woman I cherish so much.

Now, it's not going to be easy for you, but there are ways we tell the souls of our departed loved ones to rest in peace...

One of such ways is "Moving on positively"; I have not been to the supersensible world before, but I believe that when you move on positively, she will be very happy to see you do so.

Another way is to have that consciousness that they're in a better place where there is no sorrow.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by rottennaija(m): 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
Hmmm... It's difficult my dear. If I say I understand what you feel and pass through, belief me, I do. I lost my mum last year October, she was only 60. She did not even enjoy the fruit of her labour. I still hurt till today, everything is still fresh in my mind and the worst part of it is, I cannot cry (something I wish i can so I that I work my way out to accepting this reality).

I guess time will heal your wound. It might take a very long while for the wounds you have in your heart is real, deep and painful. So sorry dear.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by Kriss216: 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2021
Sorry, it's temporary. You'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by Righteousness2(m): 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2021
Condolences to you and your Family on the loss of your Mum.
Losing someone very dear could be painful and Sadening!
The truth is that your Mama has played her part on Earth and has gone. There is a time to be Born and a time to Die.
You have to face the Fact and let go.
If your Mama Departed with JESUS then you should be happy and let her Rest.
Your Joy should be that you will be able to meet with her over there to Part no more.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2021
Death is a necessary end for everyone. No one knows his/her own turn, but it will surely come.

The Bible says 70 is all we have, 80 if we are strong. Your mom is strong. She fulfilled what she came into the world for. Bother about you and not her.

Your mother left you a great legacy which should be your concern. She was a strong woman who trained her children singlehandedly. Do the same to your children, not necessarily without their dad, but train them well just like your mom did. Your children should be your solace. Your family should be your concern, not your mom.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2021
Eya cry A day like this will come for me too o

1 Like

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by culf: 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
hardluck dear, you will survive. Its a matter of time. If I can survive it, you will survive too.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by ImaIma1(f): 10:03pm On Mar 01, 2021
It gets better with time. I lost mine in 2015. At least, yours got to see your children but mine did not.

My joy is that my daughter was born exactly a year after my mum died. The very same date, Oct 20. I see my mum in her and I guess it helped me.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by frozen70(f): 8:24am On Mar 04, 2021
tabithaola:
Pardon me if this sounds funny but its my reality. I lost my mum on the 5th of February and I can say life hasn't been thesame since then. My mum was both parents to me even though my Dad is Hale and hearty. She's a definition of a TRUE mother. She's more than the world to me and the love I have for her can't be quantified. She singlehandedly trained my siblings and I which ofcourse came at a price of sacrificing all within her reach to ensure we turn out great. God granted her request because we are all ok in our own little way. My mum laboured so much and paid her dues as a mother not just to her biological children but to everyone around her. She died at the age of 75 do I won't say she died so young but she left when she should sit back and enjoy all she laboured for.

The thought of having to live with this reality is heart breaking for me may be because I'm her baby. I couldn't do without hearing from her in 2 days and same is also applicable to her. My children are the only reason I'm still holding on and I hope what I'm experiencing isn't depression. Kindly advise on how to forge ahead without her for those who have experienced the loss of a dear parent or loved ones. I'll be reading the way out of this unpleasant reality. Thank you.

Ohhh dear, so sorry for the loss

You know what, she will not be happy to see you sad over her demise

She is very happy wherever she is and pray to God to accept her soul, that's all she wants from you

She needs to rest in peace and your worries over her demise may not be what she wants from you

She was a wonderful mother and don't think that it's time for her to enjoy that was when she left, she left when it was God's time for her to leave

Simply mourn her in which ever way you want to and there after be happy for her forever.

May her soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 04, 2021
My condolences.

But downplaying the role of your father in order to eulogise your mother is a bit tasteless. Because your father's struggles were not visible does not mean they were non existent. Women should stop this habit. Always appreciate both your parents. You may not know what they sacrificed for your sake.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by mutter(f): 9:53am On Mar 04, 2021
Please give yourself time to feel this pain and void.
It is still too early to move on.
The great woman that she was is reflected in the pain you feel.
Time does not heal all wounds. That I learnt when I lost my mother.
But we learn to live on to keep their legacy alive.
What you can do to help is to think about something your mother loved and keep it alive.
Was she always inviting her children for Christmas... Then the family should keep that tradition alive. Did she help the needy? Then do it in her honour.
Wherever she is you can still communicate with her.
Sometimes our departed still come to us in dreams or send us signs.
I know you think she never enjoyed the fruit of her labor but the greatest fruit of a mother's labor is seeing her children united, helping each other and being close to each other.
To see her children do well.
That is the fruit of her labor and even now after she has gone home you all can still keep her garden alive and blooming.
Tell stories about her to the grandchildren and amongst yourselves...
To live in the heart of people we love is to live on.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by Oizee(f): 12:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
surely you will be fine, even though u can never completely erase the pain from ur heart....u will be fine...
when I lost mine I thought I was not going to make it after one week but, it's been 8 years and I'm still here, even though I still cry sometimes... mine was not even up to 60....

OP, may she rest in peace and may God console u........u will be fine

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by crackhaus: 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2021
ImaIma1:
It gets better with time. I lost mine in 2015. At least, yours got to see your children but mine did not.

My joy is that my daughter was born exactly a year after my mum died. The very same date, Oct 20. I see my mum in her and I guess it helped me.
Reincarnation, or you're just seeing what you see plainly?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by ImaIma1(f): 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2021
crackhaus:

Reincarnation, or you're just seeing what you see plainly?

I have never really given much thought to reincarnation. But when this happened, it kind of shook me. She was named after my mum and my siblings call her mummy.

It was just a bit scary to me at first that she came on that day, not a day before or after.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Survive Without My Mother? by crackhaus: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2021
ImaIma1:

I have never really given much thought to reincarnation. But when this happened, it kind of shook me. She was named after my mum and my siblings call her mummy.

It was just a bit scary to me at first that she came on that day, not a day before or after.
That's interesting...

I believe in it though, but I don't see a lot of people who do.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Report My Friend Family To The Authorities? / Am I Suffering From Paranoia? / Can You Tell Your Spouse Your Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.