Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers (27883 Views)

PMS Price Per Litre In Nigeria & Some African Countries - StatiSense / Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station / Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by dayleke: 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
I know we don enter am b4 b4 but this motor wey dey carry Naijirians no get break o.....

It is finished o.

Lobatan.

1 Like

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Inception(m): 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

Where they pay for fuel at N400 and above...and they also pay higher taxes too.

grin

But with better living standards and welfare packages. not this kind of irresponsible government we have here

1 Like

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Mandela27: 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2021
Na now our eyes go clear and we go get sense on election matters
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
just2endowed:

at least, you are seeing the benefit of everything especially constant power. but here, we are taxed and there is nothing to show for it#

We aren't taxed...our tax to gdp ratio is one of the lowest in Africa

It is because of that that is a part of the reason why we don't get much out of government.

Plus, you are supporting higher taxes in foreign countries, and neglecting the fact that they have good services because they pay more for it. Nigeria pays less for the same service and gets less.
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by folks4luv(f): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
I am speechless.
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
Another PROTEST loading. This time around, Buhari the deaf and dumb Presidiot go hear am

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
Inception:

grin

But with better living standards and welfare packages. not this kind of irresponsible government we have here

Because they pay higher taxes, meaning the government has higher revenues to pay for better welfare.

Same for utilites...here in Nigeria, we pay too low an amount for power, plus 40% of customers don't even pay for power...and we expect power to be avialable 24/7..on a very low income for the power sector.

They pay higher for petrol, and as a result get functioning refienreis, and so on. Here? We pay too low a price for fuel...and get poor refineries.

Simply put, they get better because they pay for it. We get poor because we pay poorly.
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

ok Lemme xplain. D value of our 400 there is just enough to buy one and half gala. Thaz less than a dollar. So u understand
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Baba40(f): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2021

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by folks4luv(f): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2021
Should we begin to list the number of services we pay for without enjoying? Like electricity and water to name a few? Y'all should stop comparing Nigeria with other countries.
Godarz:

It is because of that that is a part of the reason why we don't get much out of government.

Plus, you are supporting higher taxes in foreign countries, and neglecting the fact that they have good services because they pay more for it. Nigeria pays less for the same service and gets less.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by just2endowed: 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

you have a point but the tax web presently is not catching enough nigerians. for me, i pay tax here and also VAT constantly. bu there are other people that do another job but they dont pay tax.
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Stallion93(m): 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
Still small, less than $1
Fuel in Saudi is still more expensive than Fuel in Nigeria. Lori Iro! grin
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
Fulani Must Go �
#Odudua Republic

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by COMPAQ(m): 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
ijustdey:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/petrol-to-sell-for-n230-per-litre-in-march-marketers/

FG should just talk with NLC and do 2 things. Add N5k per month to everybody's salary as an extra fuel allowance.

And secondly reduce tax rate from 24% or so to 22% (or 20%) for other salaried workers not on government payroll.

I've kuku told myself that my next car in Nigeria will be a Toyota hybrid.

1 Like

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
just2endowed:

you have a point but the tax web presently is not catching enough nigerians. for me, i pay tax here and also VAT constantly. bu there are other people that do another job but they dont pay tax.

Yes, that's the issue...and that's why the government needs to catch more.

Oil is not enough for all of us.
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
Crude oil is a gift from God but politicians are using it to extort from the poor and feed the criminals in aso rock.
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by realstars: 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
Chang,,, This Is What APC Has For Us.

1 Like

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by meobizy(f): 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
This is more like it.
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
folks4luv:
Should we begin to list the number of services we pay for without enjoying? Like electricity and water to name a few? Y'all should stop comparing Nigeria with other countries.

We don't pay for power like other countries do.

We pay tarrifs that are not cost reflective, plus at least 40% of subscribers for power...to give an example...don't pay even.

Other countries pay their bills, or pay higher taxes to get better services.
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Emma1Oj(m): 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
I was strongly advised not to vote the president but till I didn't listened. Now look at where we r.
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by COMPAQ(m): 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
just2endowed:

It can never catch enough Nigerians unfortunately because too many people are in the informal economy, with no record. Ideally landlords should be paying WHT on rent but no one does. People who buy and sell properties should be paying Capital Gains tax on the profit, but no one does.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by yesloaded: 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

But daily wages that's above monthly minimum wage in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by fineboynl(m): 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
it should have been 500.
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
I tot the higher the crude oil price de better.

APC has being saying pdp enjoyed high crude oil price
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
Viknat:
ok Lemme xplain. D value of our 400 there is just enough to buy one and half gala. Thaz less than a dollar. So u understand

That has no bearing on the topic...plus most Euorpean countries pay higher than 400 naira.

UK pays N655 naira per liter...and that's an oil producer.

France pays 699 per liter.

Norway is the third largest producer of oil...and pays N755 per liter.
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Zero2Hundred: 3:25pm On Mar 01, 2021
Thank you to all those who brought this government to power. I can't thank you all enough but God of the poor masses will reward each and everyone of you accordingly. Una do well well.
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 01, 2021
yesloaded:

But daily wages that's above monthly minimum wage in Nigeria

And the tax to gdp ratio is higher...in some European countries as high as 30-40%. Nigeria is 6.1%
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by annford: 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2021
I always tell people I'd never waste my time praying for this country, neither would I waste my time believing in her. You're praying for your country while those at the helms of affairs are busy taking it to the gallows.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

That has no bearing on the topic...plus most Euorpean countries pay higher than 400 naira.

UK pays N655 naira per liter...and that's an oil producer.

France pays 699 per liter.

Norway is the third largest producer of oil...and pays N755 per liter.

maybe have not made myself clear to you the average minimum wage in the US is $8 per hour which is at least 3000 naira per hour so I think from here from this point you are so u derstand. what I'm saying

6 Likes

Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by yesloaded: 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

And the tax to gdp ratio is higher...in some European countries as high as 30-40%. Nigeria is 6.1%

Still better

Do the math yourself

Remember these places has stable power supply, adequate security but not the same in Nigeria

Very soon, I will be going out to look for fuel to power my generating set & many filling station ain't selling
Re: Petrol To Sell For N230 Per Litre In March –marketers by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

Godarz you have left Dangote monopolism and come to defend the lifeless buhari. I know you are a paid supporter as you just registered 20th a week ago besides how do you sleep looking at all your post you have being defending nigerias problem since 6am till almost 4am midnight. U will just die untimely death

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Blackout In Court (Pictures) / Buhari: We Will Not Allow Any Ethnic Group Stoke Up Hatred Against Other Groups / Afenifere Adopts Atiku Abubarkar, Says Osinbajo Betrayed Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.