Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker (15054 Views)

Nigerian Cocaine Trafficker Arrested In Trinidad And Tobago / Olufunke Phillips: Fugitive Cocaine Trafficker Returns To Social Media / Ruona Meyer: Olufunke Phillips Is A Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by JosEast(m): 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mr Nkem Timothy, who was arrested with a substance suspected to be cocaine, said he was offered the sum of N500,000 to deliver the ‘stuff’ in Algeria.

In an interview with newsmen in Sokoto, he said he was introduced into the business by a friend.

“It was a friend of mine that we were living together in Algeria that offered me the money to deliver the stuff for him.

“This was not my business to start with. I was selling leather jackets and ladies’ shoes and bags.

“When I get to Algeria I buy them, come back to Nigeria, sell, collect my money and go back.

“He was just like mocking me that I am not getting anything.

“So, we met at a wedding party in Nigeria. He told me that if I will be able to take it [the substance] to Algeria, he would give me N500,000.

“He asked if he can go with me, I said no because at that time I have not collected my balance.

“He then left for Algeria about two weeks ago.

“So, that is how it happened. I don’t want to go further, please,” Timothy said.

The arrest

The acting Commander of the Sokoto Command of the National Drugs Laws Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Mr Amos S. Bamidele, said on the 25th of February, 2021 at about 5:15 pm men attached to the Illela border, intercepted one Nkem Timothy who tried to smuggle cocaine into the Niger Republic on a motorcycle.

“His bag was searched and two bottles of Yoghurt were found inside the bag.

“Inside those two bottles, 62 wraps of substance suspected to be cocaine that weight 1.550 kilograms were concealed.

“Curious search into other luggage led to the discovery of an ECOWAS passport.

“The name on that passport read ‘Auwalu Audu’ but his real name is Nkem Timothy.

“I think he did this so that he would be allowed to live in Algeria because he is based there.

“His story was that he travelled home, met someone through whom he got the substance, which he was taking back to his base, Algeria.

“We have commenced an investigation. After the investigation, we will take the next step that is required by law and our regulations,’ Bamidele said.

He added that this was the first time a suspected cocaine trafficker was arrested in the state in recent years.

“This is an eye-opener because it has helped us a lot to beef up our presence in that place so that not even a pin will go through henceforth,” he noted.

https://dailytrust.com/i-was-offered-n-5m-to-deliver-stuff-in-algeria-suspected-cocaine-trafficker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by Omihanifa: 4:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
They don scam this one undecided

How can you be offered 500k to deliver cocaine worth 1billion naira undecided

In my own opinion, it's not worth the risk

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by Tranquill: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2021
Co.ck and bull.....

If he succeeded now, everyone else or tribe will become 'lazy' 'not hardworking'

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mr Nkem Timothy, who was arrested with a substance suspected to be cocaine, said he was offered the sum of N500,000 to deliver the ‘stuff’ in Algeria.
Oh nooooo....

Not again......

cry cry cry

They keep bringing the name of our darling nation to disrepute both home and away!
When will this stop, God when ?

Btw,
500K to lift 1 Billion Naira worth of Drugs?

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by Monogamy: 5:16pm On Mar 01, 2021

shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by Bluethong1(f): 5:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
His village succeeded.

Don't do drugs,they won't hear.

You see your life now

3 Likes

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
Damn!

These sets of animals that keep disgracing our darling nation for obodo abroad and for inside our darling nation no dey ever tire?
Dem take drugs and all manners of crimes swear for dem papa?
Animalistic bastards
Zoo animals.

Oh No, Not again! sad sad sad
Always in the news for the very wrong reasons.
May God save Nigerians from these idiots that keep bringing the countryto to disrepute.
They have all the opportunities to work legitimately, but fraud and crime is engraved on their forehead.....almost naturally!

Same kind of people we read, that produce fake teething powder for new born babies under 6 months old, sending many innocent newborns to their untimely death!

They turn worn out and old tires to brand new ones in their shops under 3 hours and sell it back to unsuspecting public as tokunbo tires!!! shocked
Causing many deaths on our roads by so doing!!

Same people that were rejoicing on the death of one of the greatest women to ever come out of Nigeria (Mrs Dora Akunyili!) cos she was a pain in their dirty as$!!

Anything and everything is money to them, even when innocent lives are in danger.
Bastards.

Oluromantic:
Not their fault, that's what poverty can cause
Why not shut up if you have nothing reasonable to say, are they as poor as the poorest people?
Better no let people come for your head Oga romantic!
Oshisko!!

Guys,
Legit Hustle is the way to a good and beautiful life,
That you will enjoy your money with peace of mind.
Keep pushing on guys, One day Hustle go pay.
God no go shame una

neonly:
Unfortunately u won't get many likes here bro
What you just said is the truth.
May God bless our legit hustle
Likes? we don't post for likes sir.
We only make our post and move on.
But quote and mentions may help tho,
That helps the Ministry...BIGTIME wink

BTW,
We no be bro o,
We are simply WE!

PoloG:
Abi them swear for igbo people with drug business ni? undecided
Mba,
We have drug dealers and fraudsters in every tribe and regions in Nigeria please.
It is a personal thingy, not by tribe.
Only some people giving our whole tribe a bad name, it's not about our tribe at all.
Please take note Sir Polo!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by Prussian: 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nkem Timothy
Why na?

This one is a walking corpse. Algeria will deal with him.
When is his wake keeping make I go chop puffpuff.

1 Like

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by Nbotee(m): 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
See how greed don end ur freedom and career... U were legitimately hustling until u decided to hit it big
Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by straighttalk(m): 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
I See Death Sentence Hanging on Somebody's Neck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2021
straighttalk:
Death Sentence
Straight Talk......

Your moniker says it all smiley

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2021
Sorry ehn but you suppose know na
Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by Chimeluv(f): 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2021
He is yet to tell the full story angry
Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by AmazingELixir: 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
grin grin grin

This reminds me of MTN advert... Everywhere you go developers are developing.

The name on that passport read ‘Auwalu Audu’ but his real name is Nkem Timothy.

Nnamdi Kalu will be very disappointed with Nkem for changing his name to Auwalu.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kid karlovych,

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by Anneka101(f): 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
This one would spend the rest life behind bars.

Don't do drugs!!!
Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by Perfectsouth(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
HE knows what he was transporting.
Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by butterfly777(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
Brace up for the next mass protest code named:

END OPEN GRAZING

END SARS will be a child's play compared to this.

END OPEN GRAZING loading...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by istina: 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mumu peddler
How can they offer you N500k for the job and you accepted.
They should just sentence him to 500yrs in prison with hard labour.
Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by AnanseK(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omihanifa:
They don scam this one undecided

How can you be offered 500k to deliver cocaine worth 1billion naira undecided

In my own opinion, it's not worth the risk

Is it ever worth the risk? Unless you are a potential criminal

3 Likes

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by wellmax(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
Na them developers

Never disappoints

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
Just 500k and he obliged. Well I hope he's learned his lesson now
Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by Oluwaseun2020(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
Contentment is key. Be happy with whatever God gives you. Let success come on its own... dont push to the extreme

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by Sultty(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
Wawu
Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by ForeThinker: 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
Sorry bruh..

1 Like

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by wellmax(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
This was not my business to start with. I was selling leather jackets and ladies’ shoes and bags.

This is always the story whenever they are caught.

Useless criminals

3 Likes

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by tutudesz: 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
Eastern Development Company Board member grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by AnanseK(m): 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nkem Timothy, trust Nyamiri at your peril. And he changed his name to “Auwalu Audu.”

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by MOORCHMOORE(m): 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
Government should help the youth to stay away from drugs.
Its destroying our future.

Re: I Was Offered ₦500,000 To Take ‘Stuff’ In Algeria — Suspected Cocaine Trafficker by kateskitty(f): 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
But why didn't he check the contents of what he was given...
Idiotttt

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Trader Tortures Nine-year-old Boy For Stealing (photos) / Soldier Sentenced To 7yrs In Prison For Shooting & Killing Of A Man In Maiduguri / Two Fake Police Inspectors Arrested By Police Rapid Response Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.