Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Does Aging Scare You? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Aging Scare You? (15613 Views)

Which Of This Scare You Most / Help! I Might Be Forming Bad Habits Which Scare Off People. / Nigerian Man Celebrates His Aging Grand Mother As She Turns 125yrs Old (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Knsley(m): 6:18am On Mar 03, 2021
thorpido:
You're not married I guess? You're afraid of leaving bachelorhood and taking up responsibilities?
Me too
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Onlinebar: 6:31am On Mar 03, 2021
As an old physicist, I'm not afraid of death ; I'm afraid of time.
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by ejimatic: 6:44am On Mar 03, 2021
Karleb:
My birthday is the last day of the month and I've been afraid of that date since last year.

Maybe because there are things I should have that I don't have but it really doesn't make sense, why am I scared? undecided

I'd like to hear from those who are of age, do you get scared of getting older?

Funny thing is, my unofficial age is 2 years + my real age. I have an unofficial age for mischievous reasons. grin

Age is below 30. lipsrsealed undecided
. Aging is irreversible but it is time bound .Whether you like it or not the process is continuous.
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by dboY1123(m): 6:51am On Mar 03, 2021
Karleb:
My birthday is the last day of the month and I've been afraid of that date since last year.

Maybe because there are things I should have that I don't have but it really doesn't make sense, why am I scared? undecided

Funny thing is, my unofficial age is 2 years + my real age. I have an unofficial age for mischievous reasons. grin

Yes, it scares alot.. Like, if you're yet to accomplish your desire at a certain age., I'm really scared of entering 30 o
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 03, 2021
NO. It will only scare me if I have not achieved much but I have achieved quite enough for my age and will still do more by his grace, the only thing that scarces me is hellfire.

In my mid 20s, I'm still a babygirl who will age gracefully. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 03, 2021
MejiLoyon:
I don't. I saw my first grey hair days ago and I felt bad somewhat. Age is catching up and there are so many thing I still want to do. So many dreams yet unfulfilled. It is well
I understand you. I will feel bad if I were you too. Time waits for no man.
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:05am On Mar 03, 2021
The5DME:

The perfume does not possess consciousness; we do.

Consciousness is a gift, supposed to be your personal phone to connect you with your Maker.

However, it your does not change the fact that you are like your perfume neither does it remove you from your wardrobe (world).

Like your perfume and cars, you are still in the wardrobe and garage/compound, not going anywhere.
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by HopeVictor(m): 7:14am On Mar 03, 2021
Nuttella:
NO. It will only scare me if I have not achieved much but I have achieved quite enough for my age and will still do more by his grace, the only thing that scarces me is hellfire.

In my mid 20s, I'm still a babygirl who will age gracefully. wink
Why are you scared of hellfire?
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 03, 2021
HopeVictor:

Why are you scared of hellfire?
Because it is a place for torture and gnashing of teeth forever, moreover I can't afford to miss my forever abode which is heaven. undecided
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by HopeVictor(m): 7:18am On Mar 03, 2021
Nuttella:
Because it is a place for torture and gnashing of teeth forever, moreover I can't afford to miss my forever abode which is heaven. undecided
If you're practicing what you are preaching then you shouldn't be scared..
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:18am On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

You seem to want us to go back to our previous state. You've been pushing the buttons. Don't cry crocodile tears when the claws come out. This is your final warning.

Ah ah! It is not possible for what I said to have offended you now.

For I was understandably called upon to explain why I did not believe you spoke the Truth to which I was compelled to answer Truly, but I also respected your land and Trespassed Not!

Or are you also saying that you desire that I do not reasonably respond to your comments?

For I know that I have not said or done anything to commence hostilities, so is it an offence to you that I respond to your statements?

for I respect people's personal space as I would want them to respect mine
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 03, 2021
HopeVictor:

If you're practicing what you are preaching then you shouldn't be scared..
By strength shall no man prevail.
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Nehyooh(m): 7:20am On Mar 03, 2021
Old age is cool for me !
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by HopeVictor(m): 7:25am On Mar 03, 2021
Nuttella:
By strength shall no man prevail.
From my notice they are two types of preachers..offline and online preachers..only few do the both..
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:29am On Mar 03, 2021
larryking540:
when u have money aging shouldn't scare you ,

That's a Lie, infact it gets worse!
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 03, 2021

Re: Does Aging Scare You? by mhizv(f): 7:48am On Mar 03, 2021
Karleb:

It scares me honestly. Mine is also this month(29) and i dont feel excited at all.

Feels like just yesterday I was 20 cry
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by LordReed(m): 7:51am On Mar 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Ah ah! It is not possible for what I said to have offended you now.

For I was understandably called upon to explain why I did not believe you spoke the Truth to which I was compelled to answer Truly, but I also respected your land and Trespassed Not!

Or are you also saying that you desire that I do not reasonably respond to your comments?

For I know that I have not said or done anything to commence hostilities, so is it an offence to you that I respond to your statements?

for I respect people's personal space as I would want them to respect mine

That was not a reasonable response, it was a full on malign mischaracterisation because you want to score some cheap points in a conversation. I don't take kindly to people who do that. You are free to respond to my comments but if you want it to remain a civil conservation then don't employ such tactics. You came on here and practically called me a liar with absolutely no reason to do so which you even stated, these are not the actions of someone who wants to remain civil. You've been warned.
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Divoc19(f): 7:58am On Mar 03, 2021
Counting your blessings and being at peace with yourself everyday, all day is the best gift you can give to yourself on your birthday. Irrespective of your current situation or age.

You'll automatically adjust to maturity when you see young ones taking over.

Note that with maturity, you'll realize that you have to[b] let go[/b] of somethings and do the needful at a particular time.

Lastly, having a scary feeling about aging is normal. But, you have to reconcile with it in other to enjoy it.

Karleb:

Re: Does Aging Scare You? by showafrica(m): 8:02am On Mar 03, 2021
Karleb:

Not so. I won't get married in a very long time.

Besides, marriage itself could be avoided.

The main problem is I am no longer young.

I must say, there are a lot of benefits attached to growing old but can't we just pause the age counter for a second? embarassed

Was also afraid like you. Don't worry when you start having kids, you won't bother about your age again.
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:08am On Mar 03, 2021
LordReed:

That was not a reasonable response, it was a full on malign mischaracterisation because you want to score some cheap points in a conversation...

Oh I see you misunderstand me, both here and in the greater world, i NEVER Insult, ridicule or mock a person indirectly or covertly, I Always Do it Directly to their face and in their face. It is weak people, cheats and cowards who attack from behind and I am none of these things and will never be.

LordReed:

You came on here and practically called me a liar with absolutely no reason to do so which you even stated, these are not the actions of someone who wants to remain civil. You've been warned.

Here I was not attempting to call you liar for I spoke directly to you and immediately left of but I was later called up by another to give the reason for my statement to you, which prompted my response.
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by lucky4west: 8:30am On Mar 03, 2021
there is nothing to be scared about aging...it is something that is sure to come....the horns cannot be too heavy for the cow that must bear them...how can u be scared of something you have to control about? people like Michael Jackson tried to fight it and lost woefully...i never thought i would live this long to see my kids growing up like me, marry a wife, etc but God in his infinite mercy has kept me....aging tells you to prepare for the D-day God will call you to himself...soon u will begin to realize the essence of living and been born is to serve God and establish a relationship with him, there is no sin worth going to Hell for....aging brings wisdom and ability to say no to whatever u do not want in your life because at a point u will come to realize whom u really are, why u are here and what u need to do...sadly some pple still miss it
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 03, 2021
HopeVictor:

From my notice they are two types of preachers..offline and online preachers..only few do the both..
The fact that I fear hell should tell you that I do my best to avoid anything that will take me there. You grab? cheesy
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Liposure: 8:45am On Mar 03, 2021
deltateam:

That's a satanic lie. Dying is a transition. You see yourself on the other side fully conscious.

2 places to go: heaven or hell? It's your relationship with Jesus that will save you from burning forever and crying.
you just reechoed my thoughts
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by Liposure: 9:04am On Mar 03, 2021
mariahAngel:

That you're afraid of growing old does not mean another person is.

Fear is not on everyone's face, except those without God.

Imagine these:
Most people are afraid of living and of growing old, yet they're afraid of death.
Most people are afraid of being alone, yet afraid of being married. And it goes on....
Do you not see? It never ends.
Fear is of torment, but only God's perfect love can cast out fear.

Let me tell you how to overcome your fears:
Establish a relationship with God, discover what your true purpose is in life, quit worrying about anything and living under pressure (living like life is a race), and watch your fear fizzle out.
You'll begin to enjoy every moment of your life.
You will never be moved by anything.
Halleluyah! The lord is good. offering time. Usher!
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by HeavenL(f): 9:14am On Mar 03, 2021
I will be 23 by july, and sincerely speaking I wish I was younger there are lots of things I really want to achieve before 30, ND I haven't acheived yet. Am scared most times that time is no longer on my side and am getting older on each passing day.

The truth is that one can only be scared of ageing when he/she has not yet acheived the life goals set for a particular age range. Growing old is a blessing and I look forward to getting old.
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by HeavenL(f): 9:30am On Mar 03, 2021
I will be 23 by july and sincerely speaking I get scared of it most times, there lots of goals I have set to achieve before clocking 30, that I haven't acheived yet and time is moving so fast. Most times I feel that age and time is no longer on my side.

I guess one feels that way when he/she hasn't accomplished some set goals for a particular age range. Growing old is a blessing and I look forward to growing old.
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by goatandyam: 9:38am On Mar 03, 2021
Mumu people. They don't even read any western news as scientist are about to start reversing ageing. cheesy

Dey there dey bla bla bla ageing is inevitable nonsense.
Typical useless black thinking. cheesy

E go soon shock all of you the news that's about coming out.

Ageing is going to be reversed very soon and the only thing going to kill people is accidents and maybe murder. tongue
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by LordReed(m): 9:38am On Mar 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Oh I see you misunderstand me, both here and in the greater world, i NEVER Insult, ridicule or mock a person indirectly or covertly, I Always Do it Directly to their face and in their face. It is weak people, cheats and cowards who attack from behind and I am none of these things and will never be.

Here I was not attempting to call you liar for I spoke directly to you and immediately left of but I was later called up by another to give the reason for my statement to you, which prompted my response.

What is the noun for someone lying if not liar? You came here accusing me of lying for telling how I feel about the op question based on nothing but your own assumptions. Is that how to behave as someone who wants to remain civil?
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by qtguru(m): 9:59am On Mar 03, 2021
Nnamebuka:

OMG! pcguru is that you? shocked shocked

In your hay days here you were quite young, handsome and intelligent. No doubt you're still intelligent though but have really changed physically. Best guess is either you're married and it has taken its toll on you or work has or even both. The change nonetheless is too rapid bro.

Cheers my man and much respect.

Workaholic lifestyle probarbly but I prefer how I look now.
Re: Does Aging Scare You? by HopeVictor(m): 10:09am On Mar 03, 2021
Nuttella:
The fact that I fear hell should tell you that I do my best to avoid anything that will take me there. You grab? cheesy
Alright

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children / Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband / 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.