Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others (13661 Views)

Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others / BBNaija: Lai Mohammed Orders NBC To Stop BBN Over COVID-19 – The Cable / NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by COMPAQ(m): 11:57am On Mar 02, 2021
martineverest:
the way DStv bills Nigerians is totally different from other African countries..they extort only Nigerians

Use Google and check DSTV prices in other countries. Amazing that people have Internet but never use it.

Nigeria is over 200mln but we keep going on and on about a product that maybe 5mln use and that has substitutes, though not perfect substitute.

1 Like

Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by SouthSouth1914: 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2021
Godarz:

So you support price controls for petrol, but not for your business?

You can't be that inconsistent....because what you mean by market determinat...really is just your euphemism for 'The government should force marketers to sell fuel at N40 per liter'.

From your line of thought, you assume government should interfere in price control. But my assertions were simple, since government want to control prices of commodities they should start from what is really accessible to the masses hence the reason I brought PETROL as a case in point.

There was no inconsistency in my statement, rather you choose to digest what you felt from my statement and exceedingly went on a ranting spree which is allowed anyway. Please reread my initial post and be guided. Cheers
Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by edoairways: 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2021
Godarz:

No, you can't do it like that...otherwise you would be also/eventually supporting price controls on people who sell foodstuff in the market on the grounds that 'they are supplying a necessity'..and make them run at a loss

The price controls we have done for PMS is one of many reasons why out of 25 licenses for refineries, only 5 are active...because no one wants to refine crude oil into PMS at a loss( and of the five, one is refining crude oil into everything but PMS...simply because refining PMS is not profitable for him)
Are you enjoying reduced call rates now, yes or no?
If NCC didn't interfer, a particular operator would have monopolized the telecom market
Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by Growcrypto: 3:20pm On Mar 02, 2021
how
Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2021
As u can see, only de green chamber is working

The red chamber is also working but we can't see their work cleary bc its usually done in de dark

One of them is de rubber stamp
Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by Insectkiller: 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2021
grin grin
Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by Insectkiller: 10:09pm On Mar 02, 2021
Lai

DStv don settle

grin grin
Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by Insectkiller: 10:09pm On Mar 02, 2021
Leave am..
Leave am biko..

Another lie from the Lai

The chiel Lai liar

grin grin
Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by DedeNkem: 6:47am On Mar 03, 2021
NBC is very corrupt like every other government agency! DSTVs in Nigeria do whatever they want without any oversight!

I've Startimes, the company removes and replaces channels at will without contacting consumers! It doesn't occur to them that most consumers choose subscriptions according to channel preference.

Now mine keeps displaying this error frequently, "No Signal" sometimes for 2 - 30 mins at a time! In a day it be up to 3 hours or more in total! What kind of poor service is this? NBC doesn't do jack!!
Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by edoairways: 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2021
DedeNkem:
NBC is very corrupt like every other government agency! DSTVs in Nigeria do whatever they want without any oversight!

I've Startimes, the company removes and replaces channels at will without contacting consumers! It doesn't occur to them that most consumers choose subscriptions according to channel preference.

Now mine keeps displaying this error frequently, "No Signal" sometimes for 2 - 30 mins at a time! In a day it be up to 3 hours or more in total! What kind of poor service is this? NBC doesn't do jack!!
Virtually all the government agencies are guilty of negligence. What attitude they exhibit is what is obtainable in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by DAVE5(m): 9:27am On Mar 04, 2021
OfficialGaGa:
The problem of the country is the solution... n the the solution of this country is the problem...

CORRUPTION
see we don't even need to much laws n policy, the pre existing ones are good... but corruption nor go allow dem do the right thing

Abeg I be prophet patronize me.. jah bless
Prophet GaGa

If you’ve taken time to read one or two excerpts of the Nigerian constitution, you would know it indoctrinates evil
Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by OfficialGaGa(m): 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2021
DAVE5:

If you’ve taken time to read one or two excerpts of the Nigerian constitution, you would know it indoctrinates evil

Almost all constitution, if not all constitution indoctrinates evil....
Re: Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others by DAVE5(m): 8:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
OfficialGaGa:

Almost all constitution, if not all constitution indoctrinates evil....

I haven’t read other country’s constitution, I’m almost sure non of them can indoctrinate the evil in naija’s own

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happened To The Ikebe Super Magazine? / Where To Download Nollywood Movies / Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.