Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

What Is Your Best Advice For A First Time Mum? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Best Advice For A First Time Mum? (15378 Views)

What's The Best Advice On This Matter? / I Need A Best Advice On Which Of These Brands Of Chess Freezer To Buy. / I Want To Stop Womanizing (best Advice Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Best Advice For A First Time Mum? by NIGHTMARE0O7: 9:12am On Mar 04, 2021
Lovelyn451:
feed baby constantly so he/she doesn't loose apetite, avoid sugary foods for the sake of baby's breastmilk

Nned follow back
Re: What Is Your Best Advice For A First Time Mum? by Hathor5(f): 9:43am On Mar 04, 2021
peacettw:

Same here cheesy

Then do it. cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Advice For A First Time Mum? by iamhistreasure: 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2021
1F30M4:

Yesss this advice is soo underrated.. Oftentimes we buy, buy, buy and even panic-buy things that aren't really necessary.. After getting the hospital list and seeing like 3 clothes for newborn, I was like just 3? I'd get some more o, still on it when the what if questions start coming up in my head, what if it's not enough, what if this doesn't fit so well, what if I get another colour of this same design.. Omooo×10 when my LO outgrew those clothes without even wearing 50% of them, I had to give most of them out.. A newborn wears onesies most of the time, about 3 to 5 is just about enough.. They grow up so fast and easily outgrow their clothes so it's very advisable to buy clothes, caps & socks a few months ahead, just don't buy sooo much of them..

Colic pain is a crazy one, I remember having to buy gripe water weekly cos I was literally going out of my mind, I couldn't understand why they were crying excessively and uncontrollably.. Good news is that it stops when your LO is 3-4months but that 3-4months go be like 3years..

Make sure you also check for tongue-tie, I took mine to the hospital as soon as I noticed my LO wasn't able to suckle properly.. Don't be sooo worried if your breastmilk doesn't flow almost immediately, I cried oo for 3 days, I felt bad too.. Every child reaches his/her milestones at their own pace and time, do not be overly worried that mama T's child started walking at so so so age and your precious LO hasn't.. Follow your maternal instincts, whenever you're in doubt, ask a paediatrician.. May God bless & protect us all, and our families, Amen.

Please mama,how was your baby's tongue tie handled.I suspect my baby might be having it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Advice For A First Time Mum? by 1F30M4(f): 11:07am On Mar 05, 2021
iamhistreasure:

Please mama,how was your baby's tongue tie handled.I suspect my baby might be having it.

Okay, this is actually how it went.. After delivery, I noticed my LO wasn't crying well but they told me that it was because she was tired from all that pushing in the labour room.. Later, I asked for another doctor to check it out, he claimed to not have seen anything, I went home afterwards.. It took a while before my breastmilk started flowing but whenever I breastfed her, she would cry so much probably because she was struggling to latch on, she wasn't getting enough milk and her little jaws were hurting.. She wasn't feeding well and was rather losing weight instead of adding.. I was really worried, I didn't know what to do but I noticed that when she cried, only a little part of her tongue came up, it seemed like it was stuck so I went back to the hospital and this time I requested to see the Managing Director, he checked it out with a torch and asked them to get blunt scissors, methylated spirit to sterilize it and I think some cotton wool to blot out the blood.. I'm very certain the whole process didn't take up to 5mins, I was told to breastfeed her immediately, I did that and later gave her Panda paracetamol, that was all..

So dear mama, if you suspect your LO has tongue-tie, you can go to hospital and please ask them to check it out and do the necessary process because the earlier, the better

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Best Advice For A First Time Mum? by cevek11: 7:02pm On Mar 08, 2021
It will all be fine... so keep calm

When you get all the advice, go to Google to learn more.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Advice For A First Time Mum? by NoToPile: 8:08pm On Mar 08, 2021
Best Advice - Trust your maternal instincts, if you feel something is not right there's a 99% chance its not.

Then

Avoid too many people carrying your new born, I find it annoying that people just want to carry and peck a new born baby, even before covid era as a rule I DONOT carry new borns when I go visit their parents. I also didn't allow it when I had my children, those babies are fragile, their immune system is still fragile, you don't know what infectious disease those peeps have, even cold could be transmitted easily.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Best Advice For A First Time Mum? by verygoodbadboi: 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
Please we need more insists grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 15 Signs To Know Forces Are Following U From D Village / Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless / Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.