Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative (104359 Views)

See The Food I Got For ₦900 No Meat Because It's Too Costly / Snake: What We Saw In Our Trap This Morning / Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Omoluabi1stborn: 9:09pm On Mar 02, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

Wao that's some nice poultry..

#ignore my moniker

Yeah, thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Theoarhics: 9:15pm On Mar 02, 2021
I don switchover to bush meat since.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by witworth(m): 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2021
Even in the most developed nation United States, na pork meat be their best meat, so wetin come be fulanis shakara.
Anyone wey no fit dey eat goat or pork meat can go for even more popular chicken.
To hell with Dem fulani and their cows, it's not as if we never appreciated their beef anyway, it's just their useless attitude we can't condone anymore.
Make Dem dey chop am demselves.
We don't need Dem anymore, a time will come self anyone who's already used to only beef will still come dey see am chop for here for our side, we go dey rear d cow too ourselves, afterall Brazil and argentina dey do corned beef, so no be only d fulani get cow self before.
Their cows wey go even mess up major roads and streets with their bull shit
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by coolhumble(m): 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2021
In Dubai chicken is widely accepted and most people eat it day in day out without any problem. Ferk #REDMEAT!!!

Omoluabi1stborn:
As we didn't see meat in the market, I kukuma go and buy chicken.
We had to line up to buy chicken as there were many people on queue.

Date is there for confirmation.

Chicken the new bride in town.
Congratulations to South West Farmers.
Mynd44, order for yours cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Iseoluwani: 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
As we didn't see meat in the market, I kukuma go and buy chicken.
We had to line up to buy chicken as there were many people on queue.

Date is there for confirmation.

Chicken the new bride in town.
Congratulations to South West Farmers.
Mynd44, order for yours cool

u bought it 1500. a complete chicken
where in ibadan
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Sheuns(m): 9:20pm On Mar 02, 2021
I’m so glad my father made me prefer fish over meat. That man no Dey chop meat, so my mom prepared more of fish and chicken while we were younger. Now I’ve gone some months without beef.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by StrictlyStreet: 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2021
If you know wetin these fulani men dey do with their cows, to chop meat no go hungry you.

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Daughterboard(m): 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2021
SporaD8:
Alternatives to Cow meat ;
1 FISH The sea provide us in abundance and fish-farming is not a new word. Mind you fishes are rich source of Omega 3.
2 Poultry Chicken and Turkey are white meat, clean, sweet and highly nutritious. What's more? Their eggs are readily available and rich in protein.
3 PORK Another alternative for non- Muslim.
4 GOAT/404 These ones don't need introduction! Infact my mouth are watering already.
5 SNAKE This is Specially reserve for Lalasticlala as he is also the major supplier.
6 Please add yours

Have you considered Monkey meat? Very delicious
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Omoluabi1stborn: 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2021
Iseoluwani:

u bought it 1500. a complete chicken
where in ibadan

Not in Ibadan, but in kwara state.

Shop.daynteefarms.com

Check out their site

1 Like

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by LMS1(m): 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2021
bhella10:
This is an endangered species abeg leave it out of your vendetta
Consult Wikipedia Bro, Atleast Not This Specie Of Tortoise, Go Search For Them In Their Right Inhabitat And U Will Know There Are Millions Out There, They Also Dominate Most Of Niger Delta Swams,we Know U Are Very Educated.
But Atleast Make A Research Before Posting. Thanks
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by NECO1998: 9:40pm On Mar 02, 2021
Very good. Let them keep their cow. We have alternative to cow meat. Let's tell them that we are helping them. They should go to neibouring country and misbehave.

1 Like

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by AfonjaConehead: 9:47pm On Mar 02, 2021
BSdetector:

Why do you stupd igbos always try to leech around..... can't you flatin0s just mind your fvckin business and stay in your lane...one of the reasons we even have food shortages in the south west is because of the large number of your economic migrant igbo brothers located in the south west...you guys are leeches, rats.

See I'm angry with this your post and you know what,MAY ALL THOSE CURSES YOU DITCHED AT ME STAND IF TRULY I'M IGBO.
AND MAY THEY BEFALL YOU,MAY THEY BE UPON YOU AND YOUR GENERATION IF I AM NOT IGBO.

HEAVEN AND EARTH BEAR WITNESS THIS DAY.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by TheGift: 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2021
Until the price of Turkey and Titus goes up. I am not a fan of beef, but i am not so naive to think that a scarcity of beef will not impact the price of other animal protein.

BabaOwen:
I've been eating turkey and Titus. Let them go to hell with their cows wey no dey sweet sef.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by BSdetector: 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

See I'm angry with this your post and you know what,MAY ALL THOSE CURSES YOU DITCHED AT ME STAND IF TRULY I'M IGBO.
AND MAY THEY BEFALL YOU,MAY THEY BE UPON YOU AND YOUR GENERATION IF I AM NOT IGBO.

HEAVEN AND EARTH BEAR WITNESS THIS DAY.

Yeah fvck off. What you think you are or tell yourself....fvck off and jump in the lagoon
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by lkdolz(m): 10:02pm On Mar 02, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Abi nah.

Buyer is the king

Customer is King...

1 Like

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 02, 2021
StrictlyStreet:
If you know wetin these fulani men dey do with their cows, to chop meat no go hungry you.
i think this people get woman na, why animal.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by AfonjaConehead: 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2021
BSdetector:

Yeah fvck off. What you think you are or tell yourself....fvck off and jump in the lagoon

Yeah,watch n see..you 4kn said it with your own mouth n it stands....
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Littlefingerjp: 10:09pm On Mar 02, 2021
There is nothing that sounds surprising in this present government... Common meat is scarce now, Marketers are planning to top fuel price this month,Price of soft drink has gone up, Inflation is setting in but Salaries still remains the same, Even some states has not started paying the agreed minimum wage sef...
I just pray the suffering ends here,I can't see hell fire here in Nigeria and then die and go to hell fire...The one in Nigeria is Okay...
Sai Baba
Sai Buhari
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by berbs: 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2021
Fish dey too now. Even if I go to a restaurant, I always request for fish before ordering for any kind of meat.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Abdulmumin412(m): 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2021
Prussian:

You see why you Northerners are very stupid people? Illiterate like you don't know that a ton of beef is same with a ton of chicken. grin

Yes, it will. The money for the 10 cows will be diverted to Yoruba Poultry farmers. You Northerners can keep having sex with your cows.
Olodo not only northerner me in Gbongon Ayedaade local government of Osun state is now northern because I say what I witness. I was in Ifon, Ose local government of Ondo state in how they do burial. Someone like u that after roaming about u come home to ask mama where is ur food u know what the bread winners are facing? If food items cost in the market u know? Even hear in Osun The price of fish and chicken has been hiked because of high demand for them. Mr education illiterate don't u know that as a result of this the price of those items will also high. Nevertheless I pray one day u become bread winner of ur family to know what they are facing now.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by efavour: 10:47pm On Mar 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
At this rate, how likely is it that chicken and fish will stay at the current prices?

And by the way, how many of the online farmers and warriors know that poultry feed is made from corn, groundnut cake and soya bean cake; all from the North? Of course, we could technically import poultry feed, but we should get ready to buy 1kg of chicken at N10-15,000 when that happens. And think what would happen when scarce foreign exchange is used up to import animal as well as human feed.

So much for alternatives.
let the price arise, more farmers will emerge in a short while in the south and the price will later adjust
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Theben(m): 10:55pm On Mar 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
At this rate, how likely is it that chicken and fish will stay at the current prices?

And by the way, how many of the online farmers and warriors know that poultry feed is made from corn, groundnut cake and soya bean cake; all from the North? Of course, we could technically import poultry feed, but we should get ready to buy 1kg of chicken at N10-15,000 when that happens. And think what would happen when scarce foreign exchange is used up to import animal as well as human feed.

You're over analyzing it. Sellers too would have their own shares of troubles. Imagine investing your hard earned money into the production of food, only to be told not to sell it to group of buyers who have the financial capability to buy at rate that would give you your profit.

It is very easy for buyers to source for an alternative or even totally avoid such food product. South is not really backward in Agriculture.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 02, 2021
Theben:

You're over analyzing it. Sellers too would have their own shares of troubles. Imagine investing your hard earned money into the production of food, only to be told not to sell it to group of buyers who have the financial capability to buy at rate that would give you your profit.

It is very easy for buyers to source for an alternative or even totally avoid such food product. South is not really backward in Agriculture.

In food production, I would say that the sellers have the upper hand. They can still eat their product if the need arises, and profit becomes moot. Unfortunately, buyers do not have the luxury of eating their cash, no matter how hungry they get. Add to this is the fact that there are as many Southern traders relying on profit from the food markets as Northern traders; from middlemen wholesalers who travel to the North to buy trucks of food stuff, to petty market men and women who earn a living from the trade. Millions will have to find alternative earnings...I'm hoping that the butchers at least, will choose to become medical surgeons, rather than use their professional expertise for less savory employment when they have no more animals to slaughter.

It is very easy for buyers to source for alternatives, yes, but where the buyers are already at subsistence level even at the lowest prices, it will be extremely difficult for them to source food at much higher costs. Even before the blockade, how many families could afford chicken? Now we can suddenly become chicken eaters at much higher prices? I doubt it.

We did not think this through. I only hope that saner minds prevail before chests get bruised from all the proud chest beating going on online.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by tonididdy(m): 11:36pm On Mar 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

We the Southerner Nigerians are more wicked to ourselves sef

Trust prices of these alternatives to triple by morning.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by tonididdy(m): 11:37pm On Mar 02, 2021
StrictlyStreet:
I don't believe these images

Ewwwwwooooooooooooooo shocked
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Prussian: 12:02am On Mar 03, 2021
Abdulmumin412:

Olodo not only northerner me in Gbongon Ayedaade local government of Osun state is now northern because I say what I witness. I was in Ifon, Ose local government of Ondo state in how they do burial. Someone like u that after roaming about u come home to ask mama where is ur food u know what the bread winners are facing? If food items cost in the market u know? Even hear in Osun The price of fish and chicken has been hiked because of high demand for them. Mr education illiterate don't u know that as a result of this the price of those items will also high. Nevertheless I pray one day u become bread winner of ur family to know what they are facing now.

So, it is a worthless Ebira idiot I'm even replying to. I swear, na me Bleep up. You are ignored.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by betshopagent(m): 12:12am On Mar 03, 2021
obama30:

Stop eating cow meat from North or Fulanis

1 Like

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Yankee101: 12:13am On Mar 03, 2021
Soldier man from north don marry edo girl

Adamawa boys don marry for ondo

How the separation go take be? Why not remove buhari and beat back bandits, share resources equitably and unite Nigerians?
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by DedeNkem: 12:30am On Mar 03, 2021
For those who don't know, actually, chicken is healthier than cow meat. While fish is number one!

Eating too much beef, especially, non-lean parts can cause heart disease!

There are better alternative sources of protein!
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by helicoptarr: 12:31am On Mar 03, 2021
capitalzero:
Chicken revolution.
Beef is not good for your health. Stop eating meat.

IT IS THE TRUTH!
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by abdul824: 1:18am On Mar 03, 2021
tabarmar kunya...Hhhh
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Igboid: 2:10am On Mar 03, 2021
Yankee101:
Soldier man from north don marry edo girl

Adamawa boys don marry for ondo

How the separation go take be? Why not remove buhari and beat back bandits, share resources equitably and unite Nigerians?

Silly excuse to maintain a dead country.

There are Americans married to Afghan, Iraqi women.
Should Afghanistan and Iraqi now become an American state?

Learn to separate national relationship from personal relationship.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits / Went To Hilda Bacis Restaurant To Eat. Pictures And Prices And Review Included / Nigerian Hunter Kills Many Animals, Trends Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.