Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,069 members, 7,956,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:57 AM

As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative (105063 Views)

See The Food I Got For ₦900 No Meat Because It's Too Costly / Snake: What We Saw In Our Trap This Morning / Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by ThatFairGuy: 2:15am On Mar 03, 2021
God bless us all. Every house hold should at least have garden and also rear farm animals.

Let's see this as a WAR
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:20am On Mar 03, 2021
BabaOwen:
I've been eating turkey and Titus. Let them go to hell with their cows wey no dey sweet sef.
I prefer ram meat than cow meat any day
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Zchi1052(m): 3:33am On Mar 03, 2021
SporaD8:
Alternatives to Cow meat ;
1 FISH The sea provide us in abundance and fish-farming is not a new word. Mind you fishes are rich source of Omega 3.
2 Poultry Chicken and Turkey are white meat, clean, sweet and highly nutritious. What's more? Their eggs are readily available and rich in protein.
3 PORK Another alternative for non- Muslim.
4 GOAT/404 These ones don't need introduction! Infact my mouth are watering already.
5 SNAKE This is Specially reserve for Lalasticlala as he is also the major supplier.
6 Please add yours

Snail , grass cutter,and many more....cow meat can go to hell
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by egopersonified(f): 4:08am On Mar 03, 2021
E be like I go be billionaire this year, God just dey pick my call anyhow. Any policy by the Northern Government of Nigeria will always favour me.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by OdumegwuOjukwu: 4:50am On Mar 03, 2021
Shun red meat aka beef. It's not good for the heart and kidney especially as one gets older.

Fish, snail, chicken are better options.

Mushrooms are there too.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Abdulmumin412(m): 5:21am On Mar 03, 2021
Prussian:

So, it is a worthless Ebira idiot I'm even replying to. I swear, na me Bleep up. You are ignored.
I am also regretting of replying dirty fellow like u .
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Rotimi47: 5:51am On Mar 03, 2021
Traders in Kano lament as onion bag sold in the South for N35k crashes to N7k in the North (video)
LindaikejisblogMar 2, 2021Read original

Farmers and traders in Kano are lamenting as farm produce, which can't be sent to the South due to the ongoing strike by sellers of cows and food stuff, are now being sold in the North at ridiculously low prices.

In video shared by Daily Trust, the farmers and marketers at the Gun-Dutse onion market, Dawakin Kudu Local government Area of Kano State, are seen lamenting the effect of the ongoing strike by the sellers of cows and foodstuff.

Recall that trucks bringing food stuff to the Southern part of Nigeria were turned back at Kara Jebba, the last village between Niger state and Kwara state, to prevent them from bringing food to the South (read here ).

This strike is connected to an ultimatum given by the national leadership of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) to the Federal Government which demanded compensation for the losses suffered by Northern traders in the recent mayhem at Shasha market in Ibadan, Oyo State.

The strike led to an increase in price of food commodities in the south but in the north, the prices are plummeting.

According to Daily Trust, farmers said before the protest, they usually transport a minimum of 20 trucks to the southern part of the country on a daily basis but the strike has affected them badly.

The largest bag of onion, which sold at N35,000 few weeks ago and as high as N70,000 during the onion scarcity last year, is now being sold for N7,000.

Below is a video taken at the market.

https://www.instagram.com/_u/lindaikejiblogofficial/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=CAB7D79A-1BFB-4869-9DC0-8DFB96BB19F5
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Ikpongiton: 6:19am On Mar 03, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
At this rate, how likely is it that chicken and fish will stay at the current prices?

And by the way, how many of the online farmers and warriors know that poultry feed is made from corn, groundnut cake and soya bean cake; all from the North? Of course, we could technically import poultry feed, but we should get ready to buy 1kg of chicken at N10-15,000 when that happens. And think what would happen when scarce foreign exchange is used up to import animal as well as human feed.

So much for alternatives.
what about fish that come rivers and ocean.you want to continue killing before you can bring your fagend and God forsaken goods.God punish una una there.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 03, 2021
Ikpongiton:
what about fish that come rivers and ocean.you want to continue killing before you can bring your fagend and God forsaken goods.God punish una una there.

Ok.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Rapfrick(m): 6:44am On Mar 03, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
As we didn't see meat in the market, I kukuma go and buy chicken.
We had to line up to buy chicken as there were many people on queue.

Date is there for confirmation.

Chicken the new bride in town.
Congratulations to South West Farmers.
Mynd44, order for yours cool
boss abeg no vex na how many kg the chicken be u covered the side it was written with the smile
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Rapfrick(m): 6:48am On Mar 03, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
God bless South West Farmers

Boycott Meat entirely cool
baba please I need the address and contact of this farm
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Omoluabi1stborn: 6:54am On Mar 03, 2021
Rapfrick:
baba please I need the address and contact of this farm

Amberi, Along Offa-ajase ipo road, kwara state Dayntee farms.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Omoluabi1stborn: 6:54am On Mar 03, 2021
Rapfrick:
boss abeg no vex na how many kg the chicken be u covered the side it was written with the smile

1.09kg
The one I bought on Saturday is 1.70kg around #2,300

Their contacts
Shop.daynteefarms.com

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 03, 2021
butterfly777:
It's time to completely boycott meat. First stage coming up on March 5.

BEEF BOYCOTT DAY: MARCH 5
I'm not even a fan of redmeat, if not for the assorted that I so much like, they will be eating their cow themselves, too much red meat is not even good for your body. Mtcheew.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Daniella2252(f): 7:56am On Mar 03, 2021
princemillla:
Atleast it’s better than nothing
Better than nothing undecided
It is the best tongue
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by philcz(m): 8:17am On Mar 03, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
At this rate, how likely is it that chicken and fish will stay at the current prices?

And by the way, how many of the online farmers and warriors know that poultry feed is made from corn, groundnut cake and soya bean cake; all from the North? Of course, we could technically import poultry feed, but we should get ready to buy 1kg of chicken at N10-15,000 when that happens. And think what would happen when scarce foreign exchange is used up to import animal as well as human feed.

Buy from Benue
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by TemmyDayo50(m): 8:55am On Mar 03, 2021
SporaD8:
1 FISH The sea provide us in abundance and fish-farming is not a new word. Mind you fishes are rich source of Omega 3.
2 Poultry Chicken and Turkey are white meat, clean, sweet and highly nutritious. What's more? Their eggs are readily available and rich in protein.
4 GOAT/404 These ones don't need introduction! Infact my mouth are watering already.
5 SNAKE This is Specially reserve for Lalasticlala as he is also the major supplier.
6 Please add yours

Snail grin grin
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by TemmyDayo50(m): 8:55am On Mar 03, 2021
SporaD8:
6 Please add yours

Strange Lion grin
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Rapfrick(m): 9:08am On Mar 03, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Amberi, Along Offa-ajase ipo road, kwara state Dayntee farms.
thanks boss
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:15am On Mar 03, 2021
SporaD8:
6 Please add yours
shrimps, crab and shellfish.
Catfish.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Ddokie: 9:56am On Mar 03, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
I have been eating fish and prawns the last couple of days. Let these unscrupulous elements eat their cows. I hate what I don’t like

And you don't like what you hate.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by IgboWarlord(m): 11:15am On Mar 03, 2021
Nna,Ndi Hausa unu tawa anu unu ooo..Poultry is the way to go....Bleep the north and their beef...This boycott sweet die
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by simplesearch: 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
hansomb:
Most of those commenting have no idea about supply and demand curve. Low supply leads to higher demand which also leads to higher prices. Southwest can't do without cow. Is it naming ceremony or that mama with buka or weeding ceremony or even death / burial ceremony.

And you forgot the plausible conditions that can warrant such.
Is cow meat an esse3ntial commodity without a viable alternative?
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by ambient: 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

My sister bought corn so cheap at kaduna, they will have no option but to sell to the feed company at a very cheap rate thereby reducing the cost.corn for feed is so cheap now I. The north.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by nams77: 12:32pm On Mar 03, 2021
I
RisenPhoenix1:

You amuse me grin

Leave am like that for us. We will become sufficient soon. A vacuum has been left and the southern agropreneur will fill it
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
nams77:
I

You amuse me grin

Leave am like that for us. We will become sufficient soon. A vacuum has been left and the southern agropreneur will fill it

Ok.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by PrincewithGod(m): 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2021
Good times for chicken farmers.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by ejanla077: 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2021
jaxxy:
So south una no get beef meat? Na North Dey supply una??

So una no get oil..

Cow fukker
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Oiza131(f): 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2021
BabaOwen:
I've been eating turkey and Titus. Let them go to hell with their cows wey no dey sweet sef.

Eaya
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by pointblank247(m): 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2021
AnanseK:

Sour grapes. You will live on lizards and cockroaches
From your experience you are saying abi ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / Yoruba Name For Cloves And Parsley. / Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.