Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps (17929 Views)

Soldier Calls On Colleagues To Quit Army Over Protection Of Terrorists (Video) / 386 Injured Soldiers, Others Quit Military / Nigerian Army Denies News Of 386 Soldiers Quiting Due To "Loss Of Interest" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by jarawa: 5:50am On Mar 03, 2021
The House of Representatives Committee on Army says its investigation revealed that 386 soldiers voluntarily disengaged from the army due to medical and other reasons in the second quarters of 2020.

The chairman of the committee, Abdulrazaq Namdaz, who presented a report to the house yesterday, said records by the army indicated that 356 soldiers left the army after losing interest, 24 left to take up traditional titles; while six were discharged on medical grounds.

He said the records also indicated that 6,752 soldiers were discharged from the service in the last five years; while 25,655 soldiers had got enlisted within the same period.

“The lack of commitment on the part of some soldiers is the major reason for voluntary discharge from service. The army disclosed to the committee that some soldiers, having seen the reality of going to the battle front, especially against Boko Haram usually voluntarily discharge from the service.

“Those soldiers did not realize that engagement in the Army is more than a job; it entails personal commitment, regardless of welfare package.

“The documents show that all the voluntarily discharged soldiers were Non-Commissioned Officers (NCO), ranging from Master Warrant Officer (MWO) to private (PTE).

“Based on the facts available to the committee, there was no mass resignation from the army. Individual soldiers resigned on their own from their units.

“The army also told the committee that many soldiers also voluntarily resigned because they simply lost interest in the profession and wanted to take up or look for another job.

“Others voluntarily discharged from the service to take up traditional titles. There are also a few who voluntarily resigned for health reasons.

“Soldiers do not resign in group, rather each soldier resigns on his/her own choice as an individual by submitting his/her own hand-written resignation letter to his/her own unit.

“It has become a routine that every year soldiers resign voluntarily, and so the case of the resignations in the second quarter of 2020 is not unusual.”

Namdas further said that the document presented to the committee by the army command also revealed that 1,908 soldiers left the Army voluntarily or on medical ground, while 4,844 left was as a result of regular run out date.

The committee recommended that the Nigerian Army improve on the welfare of its personnel, especially those in battle fields or other combat operations, to make them more committed to their job and to the nation.

It also recommended effective monitoring or follow-up in the delivery of the welfare packages in all the Army formations to ensure that they reach the soldiers in a fair and equitable manner.

https://dailytrust.com/386-soldiers-quit-army-in-1-year-reps

3 Likes

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Nobody: 5:52am On Mar 03, 2021
Late 90s I wrote NDA exams. My uncle was higher up and he wanted me to enter the military by force. He tried all his best to no avail. I'm very tall and he wanted the giant in the army. When I didn't go in I cried for weeks. Same thing second year. I just shenked the thing totally.

But when I look at things now I can happily say thunder go fire that my uncle. Although it's too late,Boko Haram fired him. Thank God I failed. It's the best thing he has done for me. No he lie I for don die. That one na two sure. Number one I stubborn die. Number two I like being the hero. Number three that my height wey make me be like iroko tree na him Boko men go use as shooting practice.
Until all the politicians stop using them as pawns, joining the army is suicidal....for E sure say you go die.
To those still in it, you're the bravest men alive. You see death you still enter. You all are the MVP

211 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Zimbisimbi: 6:19am On Mar 03, 2021
That's a lot but if goverment improves welfare and allowance, this would definitely change. Pay them like we pay lawmakers

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Henrydonland(m): 6:23am On Mar 03, 2021
I am very sure that the sensible ones among them know what would happen to their family after their demise so they don't want to die for nothing.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Samfloxin(m): 6:31am On Mar 03, 2021
Only 386? I expected more than that . I suspect that the Army authority are denying many applications for fear of losing the military...so many must have applied

37 Likes

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Monogamy: 6:33am On Mar 03, 2021
When they are not well equiped and well paid.

If na me, I will also quit as well
Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Diligence30(m): 6:35am On Mar 03, 2021
It's best they quite.
Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Shedrack777: 6:37am On Mar 03, 2021
i always see those taking /filling army forms as useless

3 Likes

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Ever8090: 7:10am On Mar 03, 2021
The once still serving are fools especially Christian soldiers...

9 Likes

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by bigeliot(m): 7:25am On Mar 03, 2021
It's not worth dying for. More will go still. I have a friend hoping to reach 10yrs of service b4 he resigns. Another factor is MNK. Very tactical man. I no understand that guys wisdom. One man against one nation. Hmmm

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Peterobi90: 7:40am On Mar 03, 2021
How can you be fighting a war where the criminals that kill your collegues and people are pardoned and rehabilitated.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by adadike(f): 7:47am On Mar 03, 2021
Many are secretly joining Boko Haram. They say shekau pay much more than the Nigeria army

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by slawormiir: 8:25am On Mar 03, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Dpharisee: 8:25am On Mar 03, 2021
These armed guys from same tribe are more valuable to them than the average southern soldier who is seen as 10 a dime and dispensable in the northern insurgency

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Yenefer(f): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2021
Fake news
Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Maxymilliano(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2021
shocked

I never knew soldiers do resign until incompetent Bubu became Presidiot

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Enudapan: 8:26am On Mar 03, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

So bad that the Nigerian soliders have been a major source of amusement and cruises to Boko Haram and bandits
Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Draslo(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2021
Smart men and women.

No point fighting a lost cause.
adadike:
Many are secretly joining Boko Haram. They say shekau pay much more than the Nigeria army
Who said? If DSS arrest you for misyarning now, you'll be shouting Buhari up and down. You get luck say anonymity cover your ass.

3 Likes

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:26am On Mar 03, 2021
356 soldiers left the army after losing interest, 24 left to take up traditional titles; while six were discharged on medical grounds.

He said the records also indicated that 6,752 soldiers were discharged from the service in the last five years; while 25,655 soldiers had got enlisted within the same period.
Minus 6, 752.
Plus 25, 656.
Noted!

The lack of commitment on the part of some soldiers is the major reason for voluntary discharge from service. The army disclosed to the committee that some soldiers, having seen the reality of going to the battle front, especially against Boko Haram usually voluntarily discharge from the service.

Those soldiers did not realize that engagement in the Army is more than a job,
it entails personal commitment, regardless of welfare package.

All being said and done, nobody wan die for nothing.
We respect their decision.

Nigeria will be great again.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by KEVIND: 8:27am On Mar 03, 2021
Buhari & Sheikh Gumi has succeeded in their quest in sectionalizing the Nigeria Army.

1 Like

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by sogaaw: 8:27am On Mar 03, 2021
more to quit if care is not taken
Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Lexusgs430: 8:27am On Mar 03, 2021
Nigeria is not worth dying for.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Zimbisimbi: 8:27am On Mar 03, 2021
We should start discussing better welfare for our troops
Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by fasho01(m): 8:28am On Mar 03, 2021
Why won't they? When their lives are being used as pawns in the cash milking game of insecurity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by Reex12(m): 8:28am On Mar 03, 2021
bokoboys scaring pussy niggars off
Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by AgainstIslam(f): 8:28am On Mar 03, 2021
Before nko? Na who dey alive dey collect salary now.
Re: 386 Soldiers Quit Army In 1 Year – Reps by thorpido(m): 8:29am On Mar 03, 2021
Being a soldier now is tantamount to wasting lives.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports / Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. / Nigerian Economy Loses $1 Billion Every Week To IPOB's Sit-At-Home - Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.