Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria (11251 Views)

All You Need To Know About Job Dissatisfaction / I'm In Need Of Job, Got Duped Of 1.4 Million Naira / Be Honest Would You Accept This Kind Of Job As Graduate(see Salary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by komodapson(m): 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
No single empirical evidence to back up your claim. This is a faulty assumption.

1 Like

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Andyvilly: 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
so the op want us to help him do his project work abi.
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by adexpa(m): 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2021
onoms4luv:
Everything still boils down to low pay. Forget all those things when you list. once the pay is good like $1000 and above, and it comes, when duly needed.

forget all those factors when you list so... Bob men nor go dissatisfied

You talked like a typical African man who thinks money makes all. If employer doesn't take the welfare of her staffs serious, the job can be frustrating no matter the money (it's until you start earning the big money that you will realize that you need more than the money)
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by BigDawsNet: 2:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
jojofola:
I resigned a job 3weeks after getting it.

Wat happened
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Samietbig: 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2021
Employers don't give a shit about staff welfare cos government keep frustrating their business with outrageous tax and levies. Come to Abuja, most employees are been treated like shit in their workplace.
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by LordIsaac(m): 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2021
Check motivation -hygiene theory by Frederick to understand what motivates.
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2021
There are no jobs in Nigeria. Just slavery.

The smart business people were enjoying before APC happened. It is like 10% of all business people who are still making it.

Reason there is so much frustration in the country. The worst part of working in a private or corporate place in Nigeria is repeating thesame work everyday.

Banks are not left out. A great percentage of their workforce are frustrated.
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
I work in a factory for N1000 daily, now minus transport N200 to go and slave for 8 hours, they still send you on stupid errands after slaving and working your ass off that makes N800 daily. lol What can that do for one. Beans na N400 for derica, food prices skyrocketing at an alarming rate.... scratches all over my skin, I no do again.

Now I want to start betting for a living, or if u have something better help me o.
i

2 Likes

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by SmartPolician: 3:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Originakalokalo:

The kingdom of the world has failed.

God's kingdom is the surest.

The World is coming to an end.

Come quickly Lord.

If you don't believe in Jesus as your substitute for your sins you will not have eternal rest.

Accept Jesus' sacrifice today. Tomorrow maybe too late for you.

Your story will change when you start earning 500k and above

That time, you will want Christ to indefinitely postpone this second coming grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by 4four(m): 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2021
Most of Nigeria HR managers are Wicked being

1 Like

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Asour: 3:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
onoms4luv:
Everything still boils down to low pay. Forget all those things when you list. once the pay is good like $1000 and above, and it comes, when duly needed.

Ok.

In Nigeria, many of us today are not comfortable with our job, we wish for an increase in salary good welfare but since those factors needed are not available should I quit my low pay job. No.

most factors listed there only exist in our memory, yes we need the best, but there is no good job. even the little the government are rolling out many of the so called employed are fighting to take a bite. why because they are not comfortable with the pay and not the environment.

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Chicastle: 3:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
Henry22:

Please show me the way...am tired of searching for job.

So how do we go about it?
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Originakalokalo(m): 3:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
SmartPolician:

Your story will change when you start earning 500k and above

That time, you will want Christ to indefinitely postpone this second coming grin grin cheesy

No my brother.

What of robbery, sickness, diseases loss of loved ones (spouse, wife, children etc) Uncertainty at the job, uncertainty of how the children will turn out, kidnapping, gas explosions at home and so on?

Will a job of 500k per month remove all these?

What of people that have nothing to eat as a result of corruption of the government?

Will everyone have access to 500k per month?

I am not thinking about myself alone.

I say again,

Come quickly Lord.
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Standing5(m): 3:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
Originakalokalo:

No my brother.

What of robbery, sickness, diseases loss of loved ones (spouse, wife, children etc) Uncertainty at the job, uncertainty of how the children will turn out, kidnapping, gas explosions at home and so on?

Will a job of 500k per month remove all these?

What of people that have nothing to eat as a result of corruption of the government?

Will everyone have access to 500k per month?

I am not thinking about myself alone.

I say again,

Come quickly Lord.
Back your faith with works by eating all your nice foods as you wait on the lord to show up.

1 Like

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
Asour:

That's not really true.

While it is always good to be grateful to God for one's situation, Nothing satisfies long-term. Most Humans would soon become restless and seek the next challenge/Thing.

When you start earning the said amount you'll understand.

By the way, if you're safe/comfortable in your job without any desire to improve and explore the next thing, You're in for a rude shock soon.

By remaining comfortable you're choosing to be vulnerable.

@bold:

The earlier humans learn this, the better.

That's why contentment in life is KEY.

'Plenty' salary while providing some comfort, does not guarantee satisfaction at work or 'happiness' in life.

1 Like

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Dexpro: 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
Chicastle:

God bless you .

Amen bro
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 5:02pm On Mar 20, 2021
In my experience, Niggerians are generally lazy. Everyone wants to sit in the office doing nothing all day yet get a fat paycheck at the end of the month. Its rhe same story everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Henry22(m): 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2021
Chicastle:

Ur d boss, anything you say
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
onoms4luv:

In Nigeria, many of us today are not comfortable with our job, we wish for an increase in salary good welfare but since those factors needed are not available should I quit my low pay job. No.

most factors listed there only exist in our memory, yes we need the best, but there is no good job. even the little the government are rolling out many of the so called employed are fighting to take a bite. why because they are not comfortable with the pay and not the environment.

People say poor pay but that is a lie. I know plenty people who earn big pay and will still be complaining and dodging work. Forget that thing 8f pay is the reason for hard work then your legislators should be the most hard working people on earth

2 Likes

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by cooltola(m): 6:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
My own take , we have a very poor cabal who do not how to run a country like a business. we have wickedness in government who do not know how the Kingdom of God in operate. With the natural resources, and almost no natural disaster like a tsunami, earthquake and so forth, Nigeria should be a top destination spot for tourism, a good country to conduct business, a country where solar energy can provide electricity in the North, good road for transportation and so forth. Money from crude oil is so old , most folks are switching to electric cars and in the nearest future, gasoline car will becoming a thing of past. We need leaders with business sense, not tribalist.
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Giantfarmer(m): 7:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
NaBanga:
There is nothing unusual in the writeup about jobs and work. You can't expect to live the Western lifestyle and not adopt the Western ways. Everything written is what it takes to run an organized society. Once efficiency and production increases, expect more depression along with suicides and murders to rise. For a society to work in today's industrial to technology age, repetitive organized tasks are required. Long hours are required. You must squeeze every drop of blood from the person to produce the best results. Be careful what you wish for.
I agree with you sir

1 Like

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Litmus: 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Same the world over, poll after poll indicate majority of people dissatisfied with thire jobs. Here in the UK blacks have even coind the phrase , Working in the Plantation' (slave labour) in reference to the average 9 to 5 job.

People are generally happier working for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by lanre88(m): 10:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
Tired of your job?

Let us show you something far better than your job.

We are out to empower people and expose them to what would continue to be a life changer.

A word is enough...
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by brightDdon(m): 6:51am On Mar 21, 2021
Someone7:
Salaries are not keeping up with the cost of living

Then you're basically paying from your pocket to provide what the government should be providing
My dear

1 Like

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by OyinO: 7:53am On Mar 21, 2021
Slavery has replaced work ethics

1 Like

Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Dorlarphor10: 7:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
NewSoul:
I work in a factory for N1000 daily, now minus transport N200 to go and slave for 8 hours, they still send you on stupid errands after slaving and working your ass off that makes N800 daily. lol What can that do for one. Beans na N400 for derica, food prices skyrocketing at an alarming rate.... scratches all over my skin, I no do again.

Now I want to start betting for a living, or if u have something better help me o.

Ok so I started betting today to make ×5 of what I make in a day. France league Metz Vs stade Rennes . staked 5k to win N10,500.
84th minute Metz 0 - 2 stade Rennes. Mumu me went to cash out N1900 losing 3100 in the process. But guess what I should have waited till the end because the score ended 1-3. would have made a gain of N5500 the money I will slave, sweat and injure myself for 5 days to make. I have bet another one, I can't work that kind of work again

If you can do Affiliate Marketing, Dm

Not stressful and you can do it at the comfort of your home
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Dorlarphor10: 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2021
Anybody here interested in affiliate marketing should DM

You can be doing this alongside your work and you can make it a work too, very interesting path and rewarding.
You can do this and invest some of the earning there to crypto which you can trade. Just dedicate yourself to do this for one year and see if you will not enter Million mode.#for those that are not counting in millions before
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Henry22(m): 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2021
Chicastle:

I can WhatsApp you if u can give me Ur digits or I can drop mine.
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by kennybuluro(m): 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2021
Dexpro:
Fiverr rocks
Have been on Fiverr since 2019 sir, but I must say have not seen greenlight sir. Can you mentor me sir.
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by Dexpro: 10:43am On Apr 30, 2021
kennybuluro:

Have been on Fiverr since 2019 sir, but I must say have not seen greenlight sir. Can you mentor me sir.
What's the issue?

No sales? Or it comes in trickles?

What Services are you offering on Fiverr?
Re: Why The Surge Of Job Dissatisfaction In Nigeria by kennybuluro(m): 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2021
Dexpro:
What's the issue?

No sales? Or it comes in trickles?

What Services are you offering on Fiverr?

It comes in trickles sir.
Article writing and legal writing sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 7 Highest Paying Jobs In The Nigeria / Npower 2017 Applicants Pre-selection Status Checker Released / (help About Shell Appointment Letter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.