Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

I Remain Ogun Assembly Deputy Speaker, My Impeachment Illegal - Kadiri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain Ogun Assembly Deputy Speaker, My Impeachment Illegal - Kadiri (519 Views)

Isaac Auta Zankai, Kaduna Assembly Deputy Speaker Dumps APC, Defects To LP / Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal / Court Declares Eze Madumere’s Impeachment Illegal. Jubilation In Imo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Remain Ogun Assembly Deputy Speaker, My Impeachment Illegal - Kadiri by Metrix147: 1:54pm On Mar 04, 2021
In his reaction shortly after he was impeached, the Deputy Speaker of Ogun State House of Assembly, Honourable Dare Kadiri, described his impeachment from office as unconstitutional and illegal.

Kadiri said he had initiated consultation with his lawyers to address the ‘infraction’ while urging his constituents and supporters to remain calm.

He said: “I just received the news of my purported impeachment based on the report of an ad-hoc committee set up by the Ogun State House of Assembly. The development, to say the least, was grossly unconstitutional and illegal.

“However, I have initiated consultation with my lawyers to fashion out the best possible way to address this infraction. I urge my teeming supporters, constituents, and members of my political party in Ijebu North II State Constituency to remain calm as the issues that threw up this unwarranted action are sorted.

“In whatever capacity I find myself now or in the future, I remain committed to the ideals of a functional legislature, tenets of democracy, and good governance.”

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/03/i-remain-ogun-assembly-deputy-speaker-my-impeachment-illegal-kadiri/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

Re: I Remain Ogun Assembly Deputy Speaker, My Impeachment Illegal - Kadiri by Mynd44: 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2021

(1)

IPOB When Are Your Gunmen Killing The Next Security Personnels? / Possible Presidential Candidate 2023 / Nigerians Who Incite And Support Violence – Femi Falana And Reno Omokri (part 6)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.