Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal (7317 Views)

Ekiti Assembly Speaker, Aribisogan Impeached, Adelugba Elected / Obaseki targeted for impeachment; as Oshiomhole, Idahagbon plot / Ambode Faces Impeachment As 57 LG Chairmen Endorse Jide Sanwoolu For Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by paromiracle: 11:47am On Nov 22, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a73SoeJwuI

Gboyega Aribisogan, who was impeached on Monday as Speaker of Ekiti State House of Assembly, says his removal is illegal.

Mr Aribisogan was impeached by 17 of the 25 members of the House just six days after his election to the position. But he says the action of the lawmakers is illegal and so he remains the speaker.

He was elected the Speaker last Tuesday to replace Funminiyi Afuye who had died suddenly last month. But his emergence was against the wish of the leadership of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state.

The party had endorsed Olubunmi Adelugba for the position and she eventually took it on Monday following the impeachment of Mr Aribisogan.

The election of Mr Aribisogan had precipitated a crisis that led to the police shutting down the assembly complex over fears of attacks on members of the house.

It was gathered that the 17 members who removed Mr Aribisogan had converged between 6.30 a.m. and 9.30 a.m. at the assembly complex under tight security to execute the impeachment.

Mr Aribisogan condemned the manner in which his impeachment was carried out, saying he would seek judicial intervention “to save democracy from total collapse.”

Mr Aribisogan and six other members loyal to him were also suspended indefinitely by their colleagues on Monday, for allegedly sabotaging the passage of the 2022 appropriation supplementary bill.

But Mr Aribisogan said the suspension is also illegal.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/566692-my-impeachment-as-ekiti-assembly-speaker-illegal-aribisogan.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by shemauaminuharu: 11:49am On Nov 22, 2022
You don't mean it grin grin grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by chisomfavourudo: 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2022
Watin con concern us like this cus me sef nor understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by festacman(m): 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2022
State governors and the need to have a sympathetic leadership in State House of Assembly diminishes its independence and facilitates a conspiracy between the two arms that further drains state fund meant for development. One big blot on our democracy.

3 Likes

Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by ekanx27(m): 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
We all know that.
Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by Registerurbusi: 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2022
We help you Register your business/company, trademark, TIN, NGOS and we also do data analysis, student final year project.

Pls Whatsapp +234-704- 103- 4791
Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by Registerurbusi: 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2022
We help you Register your business/company, trademark, TIN, NGOS and we also do data analysis, student final year project.

Pls Whatsapp +234-704- 103- 4791
Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by Shetemi12(m): 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2022
It's gone... It's for someone else

2 Likes

Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by temitope27(m): 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2022
Go and rest baba
Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by hush15: 12:10pm On Nov 22, 2022
paromiracle:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/566692-my-impeachment-as-ekiti-assembly-speaker-illegal-aribisogan.html

Am I surprised? No...

Na APC nau. Abuse of power, impunity, placement by godfatherism rather than meritocracy, self serving bastards...

1 Like

Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by shemauaminuharu: 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2022
Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by realstars: 12:16pm On Nov 22, 2022
illegallity in apc is like the broom sweeping good things away.

1 Like

Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by MVLOX(m): 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2022
Make I laff small
Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by Wesared: 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2022
Hg

1 Like

Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by olola4(m): 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ccc
Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by crusufixo(m): 1:22pm On Nov 22, 2022
Drama don start
Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by Qardinalcaptain: 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2022
Story for the Gods
Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by yomalex(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2022
Hmm
Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by techWriter1: 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2022
You haven't spell it
Re: Aribisogan: My Impeachment As Ekiti Assembly Speaker Illegal by abdurrahmankas: 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Seun Was Roasted On Twitter For Posting This (photos) / New Lagos Traffic-Law Takes Immediate Effect - Fashola / Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.