Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship (54212 Views)

Emmanuel Chinweuba Nworie Relocates To The US / Emmanuel Nworie The First Class Mathematician About To Be Stolen By Canada.. / Eniola Olaniyan Bags PhD From FUTA - Federal University of Technology, Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by KenModi(m): 7:22pm On Mar 04, 2021
Peterobi90:
To think a 4.92 math graduate was about to fade into oblivion in a farmland at Ebonyi goes to show the school, the state, the country are all useless....

The US would out rightly grant him citizenship at the end of his schooling.

Nigeria pays no attention to such potentials. He is supposed to have been placed on a scholarship immediately after graduating by the state or federal government.

But no! Those in power won’t think of such but would rather host BBNaija winners and runner ups. Such a useless, visionless country!

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by MarketDispatch: 7:24pm On Mar 04, 2021
Keziehenry:

https://www.thecable.ng/from-farm-to-classroom-nworie-first-class-mathematician-bags-ph-d-scholarship-in-us

My advice to him is to abide by 'No" means no.. When he wants to offpant, and a lady tells him 'No" in his new found place of study.

Many have been sent back because they thought No means yes ...Nigerian style
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by HopeVictor(m): 7:36pm On Mar 04, 2021
Nuttella:
This is what we call divine favour and it can only come from God.

The kind of favour I pray for though I didnt make first class, how person go get scholarship with second class upper ?
You no need scholarship na money you need..
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by idtwo: 7:40pm On Mar 04, 2021
Kudos sir to you and the team. This nation need more people like you and Mr Michael Taiwo. Together, you just changed a life, and perhaps generations for better. May the Lord bless you and all yours. You did humanity proud!

Jarus:
Happy to be part of this and on the 3-man scholarship interview panel that first discovered him.

We struggled to fight back tears while interviewing him - his condition despite his brilliance.

We thank God we got him here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by almarthins(m): 7:42pm On Mar 04, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Forget about this your misyarn and stay on the topic.. Nobody holy pass. Even u sef your humility go fly if given a government position. Don't be bitter and jealous for another's success so that your own can also reach u. Nworie is lucky and we thank God for him Irrespective of his tribe

No be misyarn, na curse for a humble Nigerian to remain humble once he is in govt.
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2021
TechSkill:
a bunch of Yoruba guys actually helped him when they heard the news. I am putting this out there for those who like to promote ethnic bigotry. and one of the people that helped him is Jarus of nairaland who owns JarusHub along with some other names I cant remember.

Thanks.

We really did not help when "when we heard of the news", we put it out to the press AFTER helping him. We only wanted to call the attention of the media to the sorry wasting talents in Nigeria, that was why we decided to reach out to the press to publicise his story. His story was exceptionally touching. At some point, we his interviewers were practically crying and the American on the panel was wondering why - she couldn't relate to the level of poverty oozing from this young man we were interviewing.

Alongside my childhood friend, Michael Taiwo, now a US-based engineer and sponsor of the Michael Taiwo Graduate School Application Scholarship, we organised a scholarship scheme in Oct last year (https://www.jarushub.com/2020-michael-taiwo-annual-gmat-gre-toefl-scholarships-application/) and he applied.

After series of screening, including tests, he was one of the finalists for the final interview stage. I was on the 3-man panel that interviewed him. It was a touching moment as we struggled to fight back tears during his interview as we got to know about his poor background. I narrated the experience in this tweet ( https://twitter.com/Jarushub/status/1324108985671274498) and Michael, my partner on the panel and the sponsor, also narrated his own here ( https://www.jarushub.com/rage-sadness-gratitude-and-hope-an-interview-to-remember/)

Of course, he was one of the 23 applicants that won the scholarship (https://www.mtscholarships.org/meet-the-winners/2020-winners/) from the over 1500 that applied (out of which over 600 made first class). The scholarship covered payment for his GRE test, English test, application fee to US schools, and as added later, payment for international passport for him.

His performance in all those tests got him this US admission with the guidance of Michael and another friend of Michael, Busayo.

That's the story.

We invited the press to cover it (not the other way round) because it was a very sorry situation - not that we heard about the case in the press and took over it.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by almarthins(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Forget about this your misyarn and stay on the topic.. Nobody holy pass. Even u sef your humility go fly if given a government position. Don't be bitter and jealous for another's success so that your own can also reach u. Nworie is lucky and we thank God for him Irrespective of his tribe

No be misyarn, na curse for a humble Nigerian to remain humble once he is in govt. No think am too much
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2021
BKayy:
grin
This picture breaks my heart.
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by RuMiRgO1stSon: 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2021
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2021
HopeVictor:

You no need scholarship na money you need..
It is well.
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by MightyFortress: 7:49pm On Mar 04, 2021
Heart warming..
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by mechanics(m): 7:50pm On Mar 04, 2021
Wow, congrats to him.
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by Twoclans(f): 7:55pm On Mar 04, 2021
A first class graduate from UNN ,his brain is frying ...

Nice one from the sponsors

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by BananaPeel(m): 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2021
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by vioment: 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2021
Mathematics complements anything.

A mathematics farmer will do it better than a non mathematical one.

I got a lot of welding businesses for homes, cars, and other customized services including WOG(water, oil, and gas) lines in Nigeria and now in other parts of Africa. I like, I love to hire mathematicians. When they get past the physical psyche of the job, their product always comes out great and lasting because they always act with reasoning, sometimes to a fault, so you have to assist them from their perfection sometimes. I pay them handsomely. We just did some underground pipefitting in another African country in Jan and Feb, and the clients were loving it, because of the reasoning and expertise we used for the project. Thanks to my teammates, I almost drop the ball like Nigerian govt due to the difficulty, but the awareness of all the team saved the project. Two of my guys almost got taken out from my team because of their expertise, but my guys see say we get big dreams and work as a family team.

Same as the mathematicians that do programming and electronics for me or my clients.

I had to force myself to start liking mathematics.
A humble mathematician that has another skill is one of the best teammates you can ever ask for.

I don't call them workers, I call them my partners.
I sometimes increase my mathematics knowledge with them. Their skills are getting honed and sharper, more so their technical skills, while my skills are getting sharper with the more mathematics I gain.

The dimensions and physics of the world is mathematical. So hard to find math and science/engineering lovers that also want to be technical in Nigeria. Cultism have turned future mathematicians to thieves and killers with no knowledge of substance.

Chairman/women, if una see this post cun code say na me, I hail. Much love my people.
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by sacajawea: 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2021
MansoryMX:
Give this guy one position in Government house now, you see that humility written all over him right there! E go fly leave am!
Maybe Because it was never there?
Nigerians don't know the meaning of Humility
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by TechSkill: 8:07pm On Mar 04, 2021
Jarus:

Thanks.

We really did not help when "when we heard of the news", we put it out to the press AFTER helping him. We only wanted to call the attention of the media to the sorry wasting talents in Nigeria, that was why we decided to reach out to the press to publicise his story. His story was exceptionally touching. At some point, we his interviewers were practically crying and the American on the panel was wondering why - she couldn't relate to the level of poverty oozing from this young man we were interviewing.

Alongside my childhood friend, Michael Taiwo, now a US-based engineer and sponsor of the Michael Taiwo Graduate School Application Scholarship, we organised a scholarship scheme in Oct last year (https://www.jarushub.com/2020-michael-taiwo-annual-gmat-gre-toefl-scholarships-application/) and he applied.

After series of screening, including tests, he was one of the finalists for the final interview stage. I was on the 3-man panel that interviewed him. It was a touching moment as we struggled to fight back tears during his interview as we got to know about his poor background. I narrated the experience in this tweet ( https://twitter.com/Jarushub/status/1324108985671274498) and Michael, my partner on the panel and the sponsor, also narrated his own here ( https://www.jarushub.com/rage-sadness-gratitude-and-hope-an-interview-to-remember/)

Of course, he was one of the 23 applicants that won the scholarship (https://www.mtscholarships.org/meet-the-winners/2020-winners/) from the over 1500 that applied (out of which over 600 made first class). The scholarship covered payment for his GRE test, English test, application fee to US schools, and as added later, payment for international passport for him.

His performance in all those tests got him this US admission with the guidance of Michael and another friend of Michael, Busayo.

That's the story.

We invited the press to cover it (not the other way round) because it was a very sorry situation - not that we heard about the case in the press and took over it.

Okay thank you. I thought I saw a tweet where someone said that they should find him for urgent attention which i translated as the genesis of his glorious miracle through you guys. I wasn't really talking about press here...

But all the same, may God continue to bless you for all the career help you have been giving Nigerians.

We need more people like you guys cos most times, Nigerians end up not having career mentor and this tend slow their growth.
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by seanwilliam(m): 8:09pm On Mar 04, 2021
Anyone with second class upper in math is a genius not to talk of first class

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by Felabarmudia: 8:10pm On Mar 04, 2021

Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by vickydevoka(m): 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2021
Sterope:
First class in Mathematics isn't a joke. I wish him the best of luck.
In unn is mathematics n civil engineering is de easiest department to make first class.

I could remember in a class of 30 I mathematics there where 8 first class.
Na so 2 of my class comot with 2.1 that year, I begin de lag am
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by CSTRR: 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2021
The power of education.

Is your family as poor as a church rat?

Read like a mad person, and come out with outstanding result.

Poverty will die in your generation.

Now he is going to become somebody in future and date women that were previously above his pay grade.

The power of education backed by a good brain.
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by TechSkill: 8:12pm On Mar 04, 2021
Jarus:

Thanks.

That's the story.

Okay thank you. I thought I saw a tweet where someone said that they should find him for urgent attention which i translated as the genesis of his glorious miracle through you guys. I wasn't really talking about press here...or may be I am mixing things up because there was another guy with similar case.

But all the same, may God continue to bless you for all the career help you have been giving Nigerians.

We need more people like you guys cos most times, Nigerians end up not having career mentor and this tend slow their growth.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by CSTRR: 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2021
KenModi:

Nigeria pays no attention to such potentials. He is supposed to have been placed on a scholarship immediately after graduating by the state or federal government.

But no! Those in power won’t think of such but would rather host BBNaija winners and runner ups. Such a useless, visionless country!
And Nigeria will pay for it.

The people that God has sent to liberate this country with their intellect will use that talent for a foreign land.
And Nigeria suffers for it.

He is done with Nigeria.
Nigeria would be lucky if he even marries a Nigerian.

Knowing Igbo men and their love for oyibo women, I doubt he would.
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by Polynek(m): 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2021
Na dix Kain news I need to hear, congratulations Bro
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by Proflere: 8:27pm On Mar 04, 2021
Simplyleo:
Obviously, Emmanuel Nworie knows the reality of life and was ready to take the bull by the horn, then succor came his way.

Imagine, a first class graduate in Mathematics ready to go into manual farming, such a humble, intelligent and truly educated dude.

This is in sharp contrast with some illiterates who manage to know the spellings of their names bleating Buhari and Tinubu from sunset to sunrise everyday.

A good number of them can't even independently apply for a position in a corporate organization, yet they are the noisiest about job availability. We see them everyday in banks, offices etc.

Bunch of useless miscreants constituting nuisance to the society.

I know lamidi cownu is strategising for the next cashout. grin

Well a first class graduate in any course should be able to create opportunity for himself one way or the other. Not by wasting away on a farm anyways.

Is it that he didn't make any friend back in the university that can link him up or vouch for his intelligence? Is it that hard that he could not beat all this dumbass people you refer to in bank and all? Why happened to the application of what he studied for years?

As important as the grade is, been educated is far more important.

Well, let's just say wherever our helper will meet us, make our leg carry us go there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by Blackdisciple(m): 8:29pm On Mar 04, 2021
Ahh thank God for your life oga 1234.

At this point he will leave this God forsaken country.
Just dey go like F-22 fighter jet hovering the skies.

Farm that is no more safe again.
Just dey go cos this country is being ravage by Fulani Goblins and other associated criminal elements on daily basis.

More Blessings ....
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 04, 2021
TechSkill:

Okay thank you. I thought I saw a tweet where someone said that they should find him for urgent attention which i translated as the genesis of his glorious miracle through you guys. I wasn't really talking about press here...or may be I am mixing things up because there was another guy with similar case.

There were a lot of "urgent attention, find him for us" requests including from governments but we didn't grant the requests as they were distracting and he was preparing for GRE then. We needed him to concentrate. We were capable of getting him the scholarship (with his academic qualifications) so we ignored other requests which would have distracted him.

So from discovering him in the village to paying for his test fees to getting this US PhD scholarship for him, everything handled by Michael Taiwo and team.

4 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by TheNeededShock(m): 8:41pm On Mar 04, 2021
nice one..............yoruba people are largely non tribalistic liberal people trapped, surrounded and infiltrated by enemies, snakes and vipers from all sides who would love to see them subjugated and conquered.............of what good is liberality in the jungle, may their(yoruba) eyes be open.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by henchc(m): 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
Shame and a very big Shame again and again to UNN. Are they not supposed to promote, and make so much noise about their own product? The School allowed a brain like that to waste. finally shame to Nigeria, how we allow such rare talent to leave the shores of this country without caring a hoot. It is well!
Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by Eriokanmi: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2021
Yoruba race...been liberating life since pre-independence era. My great grand-dad adopted an igbo guy who followed Ojukwu's dad's transport lorry to lagos from onitsha back in the days. He sponsored him up to a US University. In honour, the igboman named all his children yoruba names. One of his grand children is the father of The US Broadway Guy called Ade Osakalumi...google the name people.

That's why we will always be ahead of others. The biboe says love ypur brother as your self. My Head of Technical Department is an Igboman. we have toured the world together. Amazingly, his brother from same tribe came to me one day and advised me to have him sign a bond of 5 years with me else, he would run away I said ok but threw his advice into a dustbin. he's been with me for 10 good years and he has never run.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship by Sterope(f): 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2021
They probably have better lecturers but the Nigerian in you must find an alternative explanation to hardwork and brilliance. I wonder what is stopping you from switching to those courses in UNN..

vickydevoka:

In unn is mathematics n civil engineering is de easiest department to make first class.

I could remember in a class of 30 I mathematics there where 8 first class.
Na so 2 of my class comot with 2.1 that year, I begin de lag am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) / Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad / Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.