Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position (17361 Views)

Chevron Shortlists Candidates For July / December Internship Examination / Can I Become A Professor Without Phd? / Chinese Government African Union Scholarships (Masters and PhD) for African Stud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by Tsufyaan: 11:46pm On Mar 04, 2021
Most of the applicants with Ph.D are only afraid of one name which is Abiodun Adewuya who's Professor of Behavioural Medicine without Ph.D but fellowship and currently the Acting Provost College of Medicine, LASUCOM. This man has published lots of researches more than any of the candidates and also he's still very young less than 50 and also a disciplinarian and hence the Ph.D wahala. They know that the man is likely to become the VC of LASU, he's going to turns things around and there won't be any chop make I chop level for the institution.
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by Moneyearners: 1:02am On Mar 05, 2021
Hmmm
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by emapeteum(m): 3:33am On Mar 05, 2021
capitalzero:

You are not properly informed. In medicine, you don't need phd to become to lecture and become professor. That is practice in uk, us and other western nations. In uk, there are alot of professors of medicine without phd.it is neither compulsory nor necessary to have phd before becoming professors. Most phd holders in nigeria are half -baked. Quality of research especially in science-based disciplines is very poor.

Hmmm. most PhD holders are half-baked, then these doctors are the best brains!. It sounds so funny that somebody who is undergoing an apprenticeship is equivalent to one with a PhD? My dear, do you make the right findings before putting your thought in the public domain?
It was even wrong in the first instance to have even made the man a Professor? Tell me one groundbreaking research work that was done with a fellow in the medical field which has both local and global impact. Most findings by PhD candidates are original thought, while the so-called fellowship is not to fill a research gap, but simply based on known ideas to solving the local problem - no original thought. Saying one is not properly informed, with you getting your source from either Wikipedia or from an unreliable source is the worst. Though some PhD holders are questionable, PhD is not equivalent to a fellowship- medicine, ican or whatever !!!
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by capitalzero: 4:50am On Mar 05, 2021
emapeteum:

Hmmm. most PhD holders are half-baked, then these doctors are the best brains!. It sounds so funny that somebody who is undergoing an apprenticeship is equivalent to one with a PhD? My dear, do you make the right findings before putting your thought in the public domain?
It was even wrong in the first instance to have even made the man a Professor? Tell me one groundbreaking research work that was done with a fellow in the medical field which has both local and global impact. Most findings by PhD candidates are original thought, while the so-called fellowship is not to fill a research gap, but simply based on known ideas to solving the local problem - no original thought. Saying one is not properly informed, with you getting your source from either Wikipedia or from an unreliable source is the worst. Though some PhD holders are questionable, PhD is not equivalent to a fellowship- medicine, ican or whatever !!!
Go to uk medical school and do your findings. UK medical doctors don't need phd to become professors or vc. Many countries are like that. Ignorance is a disease.
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by capitalzero: 4:53am On Mar 05, 2021
Tsufyaan:
Most of the applicants with Ph.D are only afraid of one name which is Abiodun Adewuya who's Professor of Behavioural Medicine without Ph.D but fellowship and currently the Acting Provost College of Medicine, LASUCOM. This man has published lots of researches more than any of the candidates and also he's still very young less than 50 and also a disciplinarian and hence the Ph.D wahala. They know that the man is likely to become the VC of LASU, he's going to turns things around and there won't be any chop make I chop level for the institution.

Adewuya did his residency in psychiatry in ife. The man is an erudite scholar. If he become vc, those useless phd holders are in trouble.
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by Nobody: 5:56am On Mar 05, 2021
This is discriminatory against academics in the medical profession. So a PhD with two mediocre published dissertations is more qualified to be a VC than a medical fellow with maybe 50? Do they expect an aspiring medical fellow to spend another 5 years or so obtaining a perfectly useless PhD after he has already become a postgraduate fellow in his/her field?
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by sunvillequeen(f): 6:37am On Mar 05, 2021
[quote author=nowhere post=99611718][/quote]
Thanks
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by Slurity(m): 8:33am On Mar 05, 2021
Jafar1:
Is having PhD one of the criteria for choosing a VC?

Just Asking oo..

Besides, our whole country is lead by someone who don't hav even a waec result
You can lie for Africa. How many degrees did king Solomon has?
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by obstead200(m): 8:36am On Mar 05, 2021
juniorstar:
do they know what ppl go through to get fellowship FWACP/FWACS or NMPCN. the amount of research done to get this fellowship.or they think these colleges dash ppl these things. for their PhD they allow trial and errors but with human life such isn't allowed.
My take is:
If the fellowship qualifies him to become a professor, then I guess it should qualify him to be a VC

I hae hypocrisy. Obviously someone with eyes on the VC seat is sponsoring this media campaign
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by juniorstar(m): 8:40am On Mar 05, 2021
obstead200:

My take is:
If the fellowship qualifies him to become a professor, then I guess it should qualify him to be a VC

I hae hypocrisy. Obviously someone with eyes on the VC seat is sponsoring this media campaign
Absolutely!!!
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by legacystore: 9:15am On Mar 05, 2021
uote author=Gr8amechi post=99614289]
Who confers the MBBS certificate??

This also means VC from faculty of education can't sign MBBS certificate, some of you are really problem of this nation.

Medicine everywhere in the world does residency and just recently they started doing PhD and PhD doesn't replace residency or rates above it.

Residency training all over the world is recognised means of growth along research in the field you choose to narrow down.

Let's have an open mind and find out about department not just start a fight when none exist[/quote]

MBBS is ordinary first degree

Anybody with first degree can confer it even if the degree is from igbo or Yoruba
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by legacystore: 9:16am On Mar 05, 2021
Gr8amechi:

Who confers the MBBS certificate??

This also means VC from faculty of education can't sign MBBS certificate, some of you are really problem of this nation.

Medicine everywhere in the world does residency and just recently they started doing PhD and PhD doesn't replace residency or rates above it.

Residency training all over the world is recognised means of growth along research in the field you choose to narrow down.

Let's have an open mind and find out about department not just start a fight when none exist

MBBS is ordinary first degree ie bachelor of medicine n bachelor of surgery

Anybody with first degree can confer it even if the degree is from igbo or Yoruba
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:46am On Mar 05, 2021
West2019:
you mean win after payment
Use your sense please... don't fall for cheap scam
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by West2019(m): 11:40am On Mar 05, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:

Use your sense please... don't fall for cheap scam
I know then they scammer
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by bareal(m): 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2021
Cajal:

See illiteracy....
U are calling an army GENERAL a stark illiterate
There is problem ooo!!!!!

You need help and I won't dignify you such. Be deceiving yourself there.
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by Cajal(m): 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2021
bareal:

You need help and I won't dignify you such. Be deceiving yourself there.
Stop disgracing us
How can you be calling an army GENERAL a stark illiterate
Abah...iiiiiiiiii
Am not saying BUBU is doing well
But pls respect yourself and get the meaning of illiteracy right
A graduate like you
Anyway.. There are schools and SCHOOL
thank God for IBADAN
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by bareal(m): 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
Cajal:

Stop disgracing us
How can you be calling an army GENERAL a stark illiterate
Abah...iiiiiiiiii
Am not saying BUBU is doing well
But pls respect yourself and get the meaning of illiteracy right
A graduate like you
Anyway.. There are schools and SCHOOL
thank God for IBADAN

I tell you again, the president is an illiterate. You are one of the gullible ones and I pity you for that. He got into the Nigerian Army through recommendation, he didn't go to any school. That's what 'quota System' can do to ones brain. It's damaging you and you don't know.

Show me his certificate and I shall rest my case!!!
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by Cajal(m): 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2021
bareal:

I tell you again, the president is an illiterate. You are one of the gullible ones and I pity you for that. He got into the Nigerian Army through recommendation, he didn't go to any school. That's what 'quota System' can do to ones brain. It's damaging you and you don't know.

Show me his certificate and I shall rest my case!!!
......ahhhhh.....so u don't even know the meaning of illiteracy
What does certificate have to do with illiteracy
U need to seek more information on this brother
Enjoy
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by adekanmbi1986(m): 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2021
Hmm
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by bareal(m): 2:54am On Mar 06, 2021
Cajal:
......ahhhhh.....so u don't even know the meaning of illiteracy
What does certificate have to do with illiteracy
U need to seek more information on this brother
Enjoy

Hmmmm....now I see, you and bubu are of the same category, you share the same traits. Bye bro.
Re: LASU Shortlists Candidates Without PhD For VC Position by forlahkhe: 12:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
Pls call me sir, ur numbersssss are not reachable.
Tsufyaan:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB Offers 200,000 Admission: Accept Or Reject Before 16th Oct. / JAMB To Start Releasing 2019 UTME Results From Today / How UNILAG’s Draconian Rule Threw Faculty Of Law Into Electoral Chaos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.