Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up (38131 Views)

RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up / 6 Reasons Ibarapa Residents Want Iskilu Wakili Evicted / Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Divoc19(f): 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2021
Easier said.

Reality is always different.

Let's be careful what we wish for.

LikeAking:

If we are ready for our freedom, we will triumph over them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by buckeyemedia: 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2021
Slynation:
who's talking about an individual here, at the moment, mommoth crowd are seeking for balkanization of the nation, it only requires time for government to bow and accede to their request...
10 years in prison for treason that is what the Federal Government will give you for your request.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by kayusely70(m): 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
It was a forced union without the consent of those involved.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by buckeyemedia: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2021
theTranslator:

Are you mixing up Hutu and tutsi of Rwanda

And Burundi together?
Burundi isn't Rwanda
South Nigeria would work if each people are given autonomy
You in that your wardrobe apartment knows more than the founders of Nigeria the created the structure from 1906-1960?
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by buckeyemedia: 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2021
kayusely70:
It was a forced union without the consent of those involved.
Are you talking of your parent’s consummation & your birth? because there are treaties that go back as far as 1861 when the Brits colonized Lagos, & in the latter decades came the Macpherson, Richardson, & Lyttleton Constitutions that led to the formation of Nigeria
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Tenshades(m): 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2021
Lyrics269:
Most people are complaining that nigeria should be divided and shared but they actually don't know the meaning of what they are saying.

1. Formations of country are not based on ethnic groups and religion alone.

2. If the so called saviours like Nnamdi Kanu promising paradise were smart as they claimed, they should start the employment, development now for everyone to see what they are capable of. most of them have no profitable investment in a region they plan to develop.

3. The new nation will still look like Nigeria

4. They will be still be corrupt politicians and thieves.

5. There will be lack of fund, resources and the nation will be vulnerable to any attack.

6. A Nation can not change to a paradise over night, it take years. America of today was formed 17th century.

Remember: the Devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know.

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Owologbo(m): 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2021
Lyrics269:
Most people are complaining that nigeria should be divided and shared but they actually don't know the meaning of what they are saying.

1. Formations of country are not based on ethnic groups and religion alone.

2. If the so called saviours like Nnamdi Kanu promising paradise were smart as they claimed, they should start the employment, development now for everyone to see what they are capable of. most of them have no profitable investment in a region they plan to develop.

3. The new nation will still look like Nigeria

4. They will be still be corrupt politicians and thieves.

5. There will be lack of fund, resources and the nation will be vulnerable to any attack.

6. A Nation can not change to a paradise over night, it take years. America of today was formed 17th century.

Remember: the Devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know.
Crap.
Nothing can be worst than living in the same country with cows in human clothing; they value cow more than human being.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Notasyouthink: 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2021
Topmaike007:
you need Biafra? the same Igbo people that insult themselves,can't stop laughing,na so one girl from Orlu insult my state(Ebonyi) that we're the poverty capital of Igbo region and they're born to rule same with my niggas from Anambra ..I prefer Nigeria because I can't stay with brothers that don't value me
Rubbish!

Are you sure n'bu onye Igbo??
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by witworth(m): 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2021
Irrelevant reasons. Whether rain or fire, we the Yoruba will breakaway to form our own country, at least we will be speaking one language, not borrowed languages like irrelevant english we make use of today despite we still have several different ones today in Nigeria like fulani, igbo ijaw and the rest
We are not one and we can never be one.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 3:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
VERY MEANINGLESS AND USELESS POST
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by witworth(m): 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2021
I know this is the work of the Fulani, now they are scared of breakaway, but we move, Nigeria must break apart and Yoruba can form it's own nation.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
Slynation:
at this stage nobody is begging government anymore, when the aggression and frustration gets to the peak, they will surely do the needful

Alright.
Let's see how it goes.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by MoIbrahim: 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2021
theTranslator:
I rep south Nigeria!
We do away with the north!
South Nigeria!

United autonomous states of southern Nigeria!

That's the point bro
The many minority groups can't be alone as a countries
So the region they find themselves in would cater
If Nigeria divides into 3 we'll be more vulnerable
And we will keep dividing if we don't find a common ground to unite
Can Nigeria divide into 250 as represented by the ethnic groups?
No
We should divide into 2 instead
And the south would have 3 autonomous regions
No marginalization whatsoever
The presidency and top offices would be rotated between the regions
And the regions would in turn rotate between the ethnic groups
We can't keep slaving away for the north!
The north planted the seed of discord in the south for a reason!
This is so simplistic and laughable. You cannot even appreciate that the onlybthing uniting some (not all) southern groups is the decision of persecution by a common enemy? Remove that enemy from the equation, and you'll be reminded that your hamlet is not oil producing.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Erojepromise(f): 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
Dear op , you don't have a point..
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2021
Are we living united presently? Didn't brexit happen? India/Pakistan happened, so why can't we? Do you know Nigeria is a racial slur. All previously colonized countries changed their name but only Fulani Nigeria remained. OP better wake up from your slumber and smell the coffee
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Misterone: 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2021
theTranslator:

The constitution would give justice to that
No man is over the constitution
We need to settle our differences
This isn't about Igbo or not
My proposal seems good - at least on paper
I don't think you read it well
this one is talking about constitution on paper. don't we have that right now? why is it not working? why do you think yours would work? Nigeria have always had good policies comparable with the best in the world. our challenge have always been implementation or would people from Mars come to implement that your constitution? now a serious question for you; why did MNK and Uche Mefor fall apart? is there no constitution in IPOB? if there is, why is it not being respected? if this can happen to IPOB as organization, what would happen when they are in a position to form a country? Mefor would have been sentenced to death by hanging him from his scrotum. Ekwerenmadu would have been banished, Wike shot on sight for your so called obigbo massacre etc. so I ask again where is that your constitution? hehehehe! children who want to make jokes of an oracle should not cry when the oracle starts afflicting them with ailments.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by valirex: 4:49pm On Mar 05, 2021
That's your opinion, not ours

Long live Soveriegn Kingdom of Benin

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by theTranslator: 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2021
MoIbrahim:

This is so simplistic and laughable. You cannot even appreciate that the onlybthing uniting some (not all) southern groups is the decision of persecution by a common enemy? Remove that enemy from the equation, and you'll be reminded that your hamlet is not oil producing.
cheesy
Which hamlet is that??
Go tell that to your Fulani masters
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by theTranslator: 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2021
Divoc19:
I lived in Burundi for 3 years.
They have the same history with Rwanda.
Pierre is a Hutu. ...
Let's experiment on autonomy in Nigeria and see how it goes.
Breaking up is not always the solution to problems
We shall see But I'm sure that the North would strongly oppose autonomy WTF were you doing in Burundi? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by pansophist(m): 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
Neddstark:

Almost all nations have people of different tribes. America the greatest, has all tribes but they are successful based on the orientation they give all their citizens, which we dont. Even in Spain, the Catalans are not Spainards. In France, the Corsicans are more of Italians than French. How about all over Africa that has more than 300 tribes but less than 60 countries? This is the 21st century. Only unity can move us forward not division.

Slovakia is bigger than Oyo state almost x2. If you use Niger state as an example (Niger is the biggest state in Nigeria), then yeah.

But I agree with your point though. You're right.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Freelance363: 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2021
This writeup has the mark of foolishness in every letter and every word. If u don't have anything meaningful to write abou,why don't u just shut up?
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by content208: 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
Lyrics269:

Well express that right by choosing suitable candidates

Forget candidacy. The north will use underaged voters to disqualify any candidate.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Neddstark: 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
pansophist:

Slovakia is bigger than Oyo state almost x2. If you use Niger state as an example (Niger is the biggest state in Nigeria), then yeah.

But I agree with your point though. You're right.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
You must be on drug seriously cool

...some are shouting One Nigeria! I United Nigeria!!...Rubbish! When right here self on Nairaland here, our nose, we experience a handicapped human right of expression. I came across an Islamic topic/thread today and wanted to express my view, only to be asked if I belong or something like that... before I realized, I have been restricted from replying only handcuffed to be an onlooker....But if na Christian topic/thread, anyone can comment and even spit rubbish...RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY!

Na who do us like this sef? undecided
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Topmaike007(m): 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Rubbish!
Are you sure n'bu onye Igbo??
abum onye Afikpo
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Divoc19(f): 6:48pm On Mar 05, 2021
Lol...

Nigeria started having bilateral relations with them in 2006. I was one of the workers at Chancery. Good old days smiley

theTranslator:

We shall see
But I'm sure that the North would strongly oppose autonomy
WTF were you doing in Burundi? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Divoc19(f): 6:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
That country has only 3 tribes and speak ONE language and still corruption is very high there.

France is sponsoring benefitting from their crisis

theTranslator:

We shall see
But I'm sure that the North would strongly oppose autonomy
WTF were you doing in Burundi? shocked shocked
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by oyatz(m): 7:12pm On Mar 05, 2021
Redcrafton:

I talk am...you are not educated.

On paper Nigeria practices federal or presidential system of government, but in reality it practices unitary system.

Look at the blind man telling others to go to school...

You just want to show you can open a thread.

Please stop embarrassing yourself in public.
Either on paper or not, each state has enormous powers to develop itself,stop giving excuses because ;

1) Your State can build mini power stations (less than 1 MW) without involving the National Grid.

2) Your State can invest in Animal husbandry, producing 1million Litres of milk every week ,tonnes of wools and tonnes of leather every month for the manufacturing of shoe, belts and bags.

3) You don't need the FG to start producing large quantities of papers from grassses, banana leaves and wood pulp on a commercial scale and save the country from using Billions of Naira to import papers from S/Africa.

4) Start using the rocks in your State to produce glass and supply glass to at least 10 States.

5) Start large scale Pharmaceutical industries and start producing just anti-malarial drugs so that Nigeria won't be importing common anti-malarial from India and China.

6) There are countless numbers of old and damaged cars, motorcycles and other metal containing machines, so start large scale metal recycling plants in your State.

7) Go into large scale rice productions and earn Billions in profit.

cool At least 100 million Nigerians wear clothes daily, so let your State concentrate on Textiles and Garments production and your economy will be developed.

You can do all these and so many more without disturbances from other NIgerians, start now instead of giving unnecessary excuses.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by oyatz(m): 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2021
Neddstark:
Let me add more for you

1. There would be an exodus. Millions of Igbos back to their land, millions of Yorubas from the North back to their land, same with Hausas and other tribes
2. A lot of other tribes' investment and properties will be claimed as state property.
3. There would be more poverty. As in extreme poverty. We will all be starting from the scratch.
4. Immigration will be a big issue. Proud Nigerians suddenly turned to aliens will be a problem
5. No foreign investment in a while. The whole regions will be unstable and no sane country will want to invest knowing they might lose their investments in one flinch.
6. Tribal conflicts and more fightings. This is Africa. This is bound to continue.

Let us take a look at African nations who have tried to divide in the 20th/21st century. Eritrea and South Sudan. Are they better off? Libya that fought a war in the name a of democracy still has no democracy decades after. Anyone who wants a war for Nigeria to divide is a genocidal maniac and should not be given a voice.

Why the need for war?
Nigerians can come together and agree for the country to disintegrate. No need for war.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2021
Warripikine:
The decision to stay united should be based on what is best for the various entities that are in the present Nigeria and not what the politicians and leaders want because of their pockets.”
I come in peace..let it be done in peace

South korea pulled off from NK and the difference is clear which is more progressive, though I don't specifically say Nigeria should break up, but if the restructuring doesn't change anything then outright break out is our most viable option! Breaking out should be seen as a last resort after all avenues has failed to stop the gross marginalization of certain people and tribes and massive corruption and the ideologies that Nigeria belongs to a particular ethnic group like the Fulani, useless statements and actions like that would mean we really need a divorce and a brutal one at that!
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by oyatz(m): 7:30pm On Mar 05, 2021
Neddstark:

Almost all nations have people of different tribes. America the greatest, has all tribes but they are successful based on the orientation they give all their citizens, which we dont. Even in Spain, the Catalans are not Spainards. In France, the Corsicans are more of Italians than French. How about all over Africa that has more than 300 tribes but less than 60 countries? This is the 21st century. Only unity can move us forward not division.

You are saying the same thing.

Unity of people willing to stay together works well than forced unity of people unwilling to stay together.

If a referendum is conducted today, only the NW and NE will vote for continuation of NIgeria, the remaining four regions will vote for disintegration of Nigeria.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Kamanuozuzu: 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2021
Lyrics269:

Well express that right by choosing suitable candidates

Buhari was once a 'suitable candidate'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo To Governor Fubara: Rivers Is Not A Christian State / Latest Election Result In Oyo State / Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.