Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,519 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:59 PM

A Surprise Lesson From Squeezing An Orange - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Surprise Lesson From Squeezing An Orange (123 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: I Paid A Surprise Visit To One Of RCCG Branches / Lesson From RCCG Kidnapped Deaconess, Ibelegbo Chidinma: Depend On God Alone! / A Surprise Lesson From Squeezing An Orange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Surprise Lesson From Squeezing An Orange by SonofIssachar: 1:21am On Mar 05, 2021
As told by the late Dr. Wayne W. Dyer:

I was preparing to speak at an I-Can-Do-It conference and I decided to bring an orange on stage with me as a prop for my lecture. I opened a conversation with a bright young fellow of about twelve who was sitting in the front row.

“If I were to squeeze this orange as hard as I could, what would come out?” I asked him.

He looked at me like I was a little crazy and said, “Juice, of course.”

“Do you think apple juice could come out of it?”

“No!” he laughed.

“What about grapefruit juice?”

“No!”

“What would come out of it?”

“Orange juice, of course.”

“Why? Why when you squeeze an orange does orange juice come out?”

He may have been getting a little exasperated with me at this point.

“Well, it’s an orange and that’s what’s inside.”

I nodded.

Let’s assume that this orange isn’t an orange, but it’s you. And someone squeezes you, puts pressure on you, says something you don’t like, offends you. And out of you comes anger, hatred, bitterness, fear. Why? The answer, as our young friend has told us, is because that’s what’s inside.

It’s one of the great lessons of life. What comes out when life squeezes you? When someone hurts or offends you? If anger, pain and fear come out of you, it’s because that’s what’s inside. It doesn’t matter who does the squeezing—your mother, your brother, your children, your boss, the government. If someone says something about you that you don’t like, what comes out of you is what’s inside. And what’s inside is up to you, it’s your choice.

When someone puts the pressure on you and out of you comes anything other than love, it’s because that’s what you’ve allowed to be inside. Once you take away all those negative things you don’t want in your life and replace them with love, you’ll find yourself living a highly functioning life.

Meditation: Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life. – Proverbs 4:23

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

Locked Inside
Always Look on the Inside
How to Become Clean Inside Out

(1) (Reply)

"I Have Chosen Thee In The Furnace Of Affliction." / Pastor Adeboye At 79 / Relationship Between Thanksgiving And Praises.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.