Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency (9991 Views)

Shettima: We Will End Insurgency In Six Months / PDP Urges Buhari To Hire Mercenaries To Fight Insurgency / Buhari To Military: End Insurgency Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by sam564: 7:05am On Mar 05, 2021
825jobs:
But we have the biggest army in africa na cheesy. All na cruise
being the biggest army does not mean u can fight those that made u the army... u cant fight govt because they are the govt...
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by Igbankpa(m): 7:09am On Mar 05, 2021
Gandollaar:
Nigeria army abroad is different from Nigeria army in Nigeria.

When they are back home, they go back to their divide and rule mentality. The bigotry and all the ethnicity.

I reliably gathered soldiers at the war front in sambisa are usually scared of their northern comrades because they also share in the ideology of Boko Haram.

You can unsuspectingly get a bullet in the back from your own colleague who's unhappy at how you are decimating terrorists at the battle ground.
You've said it all. this right here is the exact situation of things, commanding officers selling their men out to the enemy, the soldiers are ill equipped compared to the insurgents. it's really sad! and like I always say " Boko Haram can only leave Nigeria when the government wants it to"

4 Likes

Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by oyeb15: 7:11am On Mar 05, 2021
Even US use marcineries. Eg Black Water, black shadow etc They call them contractors. These guys are first sent to clear out hostilities before troops come over.

1 Like

Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by Randy111(m): 7:12am On Mar 05, 2021
Once again, zulum is mad. Need once said bubu is doing well in the fight against insurgency. Meanwhile the federal government is very happy and comfortable with killings of it's army. And I think the army is also mad to have allowed the incessant killing of their men instead of carrying out a bloody coup to kill the dullard called bubu
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by dederocs(m): 7:12am On Mar 05, 2021
Buhari should heed this advice, since we can not finish them off alone, let us work with mercenaries, they seem to work with no sentiments, and they bring in high firepower.
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by Ellasure: 7:13am On Mar 05, 2021
From the look of things and some comments on this topic here too, every body is talking from the position that benefit him financially or tribally.

Nigerians no longer recognise good thinking that accommodates mutual benefits for all concerned.

Think about it too. The fulani president of Nigeria is employing only people he knows and that definitely implied fulani cattle rearers.

What a partetic situation for Nigeriata.
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by Gandollaar(f): 7:17am On Mar 05, 2021
Igbankpa:
You've said it all. this right here is the exact situation of things, commanding officers selling their men out to the enemy, the soldiers are ill equipped compared to the insurgents. it's really sad! and like I always say " Boko Haram can only leave Nigeria when the government wants it to"
My brother...I don Taya sef for this country.

1 Like

Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by Gandollaar(f): 7:18am On Mar 05, 2021
Ellasure:
From the look of things and some comments on this topic here too, every body is talking from the position that benefit him financially or tribally.

Nigerians no longer recognise good thinking that accommodates mutual benefits for all concerned.

Think about it too. The fulani president of Nigeria is employing only people he knows and that definitely implied fulani cattle rearers.

What a partetic situation for Nigeriata.
One Nigeria is dead and buried.
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by WestAfricaan: 7:19am On Mar 05, 2021
These people with not well thought out reasoning
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by vicayomi: 7:24am On Mar 05, 2021
Racoon:

How can BH fight BH? Think it out.

Mr Governors let us talk about their sponsors. Who do you think are their sponsors? How come the weapons entered for them without without costume officer know about it? All the Money FG and some governors paid to them, are they ready to be probe for it.

We start at the fight against insurgency the day we are ready to fight first their sponsors. without that you are all pretenders. Give DSS order to fish out their sponsors and you will see that they are capable of doing so

1 Like

Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by tfelicityk(m): 7:28am On Mar 05, 2021
It is well
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by oliverano: 7:32am On Mar 05, 2021
[quote author=Amaechi2023 post=99618759] you know all this and your being economical with the truth.
I know that 146 barrack in Calabar. that one in army junction, infact my uncle was their QM way back in 2017.
I've been there twice and those fellas are hardly ever taken to the north east..they engage them more in portharcourt.
forget politics here, we both know the level of casualties faced in maiduguri way back in 2024 can't be compared to now.

1 full battalion may move to maiduguri and the casualties would be less than 40.
while the lives of 49 people still matters, it can't be compared to hundreds of soldiers who lost their lives per unit in maiduguri way back in 2014 cos the then NSA refuse to fund them heavily..

many would have been alive today if only they had enough bullet proof vest which we both know we're in shortage of supplies..[/quo

grin
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by EagleSquare1(m): 7:32am On Mar 05, 2021
Kindly watch how the mercenaries left Nigeria. GEJ failed to honour the contract with them. See link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKf371K_QHU&t=6s

Racoon:

How can BH fight BH? Think it out.

So you now agree that your darling daddy is an utter failure for heeding to advice to employ the same winning strategy the former president applied & won the fight against his terrorist brethren? Same thing he stopped even before he was sworn in as president? So you see that you have been doing a very difficult job defending the utter failure of a president?

https://dailypost.ng/2020/12/03/boko-haram-well-not-help-nigeria-again-buhari-rubbished-us-after-jonathan-left-mercenaries/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1607002768
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by EagleSquare1(m): 7:41am On Mar 05, 2021
This is fact Bro! If only arguments here will be more productive and devoid of sentiments we will all reason well and fathom the problems and probable solutions.

Meanwhile, below is the TVC interview Reuben Abati had with a representative of the mercenaries GEJ engaged, and the TRUE story behind their withdrawal from Nigeria. Very interesting interview, if you haven’t seen it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKf371K_QHU&t=6s

Amaechi2023:
maybe we don't know how critical it was then..
there was a time around 2014/2015 when our soldiers were leaving the barrack for maiduguri and it was almost certain that atleast 60% of them won't return.
we were loosing soldiers in the battlefield like it's child play.
ask most soldiers who joined the army during the 80s about how they lost their colleges.
it was around then.
I think in 2015 the army celebrated 3months without bomb blast.

not trying to glorify buhari oo but I'm only stating the truth here..

the casualty level of soldiers in bokoharam zone has reduced drastically.

Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by baratech: 7:48am On Mar 05, 2021
Hmmm... But Zulum said security is great... Please don't disturb Bubu
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by pooozeee(m): 8:07am On Mar 05, 2021

Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by LordOfTheGame: 8:53am On Mar 05, 2021
Buhari to hire the same mercenary he condemned under Jonathan's gov't? Wonders shall never end.
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by simplesearch: 9:29am On Mar 05, 2021
Of course this is what Chad did with the Israeli as mercenaries, and BH was rooted out of their national life once and for all.I hope we have the courage to do what's right!
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:38am On Mar 05, 2021
Onlinefarmstore:

You are trying to bring in performance rating into this. What I was pointing out is the media coverage... See even on my. body you can still see scars of my experience with Boko Haram

Bros so sorry. Feeling so sad reading your experience. Are you still in the army? It is well with you all
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by Pro2makx(m): 9:44am On Mar 05, 2021
Racoon:

https://thecable.ng/zulum-asks-fg-to-hire-mercenaries-seek-foreign-support-to-end-insurgency

Just imagine this confused set of people. The same mercenaries you sent away because of your hate and strive just to continue to paint Jonathan black.
Imagine the level of work those Jona Mercenaries had done before this confused man terminated their contract.

It is obvious to every sane individual that Buharies overzealousness and hate for Jonathan is the singular reason there is still Boko Haram today. If he was not so hateful, insurgency will be a thing of the past today, it wouldn't have even given birth to the recent herdsmen menace.

Buhari is to be blamed for all the insecurity in Nigeria today. that singular hateful act has set us back, another hundred and one years.
Just imagine the level of success those Jonathan Mercenaries achieved in a relatively short time. only if they had been left to do the beautiful work they were engaged to do.
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by sharone21(f): 9:45am On Mar 05, 2021
And who says the mercenaries can't be our neighbors like Chad and Nigeriens? Presently our army is demoralized, they need extra support if our C-in-C is discerning.
Cameroon whose army is strong seems to be using the help of Chad mercenaries also, Niger has capable ninjas which we saw being used when our boys hijacked a plane that landed in Niger years ago.
The money used to rehabilitate the boko haram guys or pay ransome should as a matter of urgency be diverted to these mercenaries if we are SINCERE as a nation.
Anyway, once the Northerners are READY to end this insurgency nonsense it will end.

1 Like

Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by evil1: 10:27am On Mar 05, 2021
The FG knows the truth and what to do but won't do it except they stand a chance to benefit.

War is something one side either benifits and the other side loses. there can be no two wins in a war.

I have said it times without number that using private foreign security firms will do the trick. An independent system but still takes orders from its primary contractor.

1 Like

Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by arantess: 10:31am On Mar 05, 2021
Igbankpa:
The mercenaries they brought for 2015 election are still running wild causing havoc in the country and you are talking about bringing more. Are they saying bokoharam is too much for a nigerian army that fought and restored peace in Sierra lone, Liberia and Sudan? my father was part of the troops deployed to Sierra lone under ECOMOG he was also redeployed to Liberia as well and he always talked about the exploits of his country men, how they were feared by rebels and highly respected by their counterparts from other countries for their bravery and skills. But what do we have now?
He was referring to south african mercenaries most likely
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by Onlinefarmstore: 11:16am On Mar 05, 2021
NEIGHBOUR:

Bros so sorry. Feeling so sad reading your experience. Are you still in the army? It is well with you all

Am not in army, have never been just a civilian
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by blackboy(m): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2021
This view is still the only solution right now. If not taken I pity the next administration.
Hire the mercenaries and get it over with
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by blackboy(m): 11:57am On Mar 05, 2021
There is difference between mercenaries and assassins and militia and gangsters and ragtag army. Trust me no professional mercenary will still be around after completing the job or contract termonated.
Igbankpa:
The mercenaries they brought for 2015 election are still running wild causing havoc in the country and you are talking about bringing more. Are they saying bokoharam is too much for a nigerian army that fought and restored peace in Sierra lone, Liberia and Sudan? my father was part of the troops deployed to Sierra lone under ECOMOG he was also redeployed to Liberia as well and he always talked about the exploits of his country men, how they were feared by rebels and highly respected by their counterparts from other countries for their bravery and skills. But what do we have now?
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by Iamzik: 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2021
Igbankpa:

The set of military that fought ecomog are long gone... They were not pooitici, they were not greedy for money or buying houses in Dubai with defence budget. They were not religious bigots or religious fanatics.

The ones there today are bh sympathizers and that's why this war will go on endlessly no matter how much money is thrown at it. How can a president even think about pardoning so called repentant terrorists instead of executing them?

Remember your president once said that a fight a against bh is a fight against the north

Bh is business for some and they are cashing out big. And there's nothing like bandit.. They are all bh members

1 Like

Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by IgboWarlord(m): 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2021
Igbankpa:

Your dad was part of Ecomog??My uncle too,but e be like sey my uncle follow for those ones wey thief diamond..Cos when he came back,he resigned from the army and became shit rich in little or no time..To buttress the fact also is his apparent refusal to talk about any of his experiences whatsoever over there...He's just an extremely quiet and extremely rich uncle.

1 Like

Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by Igbankpa(m): 1:20pm On Mar 05, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Your dad was part of Ecomog??My uncle too,but e be like sey my uncle follow for those ones wey thief diamond..Cos when he came back,he resigned from the army and became shit rich in little or no time..To buttress the fact also is his apparent refusal to talk about any of his experiences whatsoever over there...He's just an extremely quiet and extremely rich uncle.
yeah they came back with treasures. some diamonds, some women while the unlucky ones where brought back in a body bag.
Re: Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency by Igbankpa(m): 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
Iamzik:

The set of military that fought ecomog are long gone... They were not pooitici, they were not greedy for money or buying houses in Dubai with defence budget. They were not religious bigots or religious fanatics.

The ones there today are bh sympathizers and that's why this war will go on endlessly no matter how much money is thrown at it. How can a president even think about pardoning so called repentant terrorists instead of executing them?

Remember your president once said that a fight a against bh is a fight against the north

Bh is business for some and they are cashing out big. And there's nothing like bandit.. They are all bh members
Well said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office / Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media / I’ll Defeat Buhari, Atiku Through Ballot Revolution, Says Olawepo-hashim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.