Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign (677 Views)

Bamise Ayanwole:why Did God Let His Daughter Down? / 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam / Evidence Of A Culture Of Sexual Abuse At TB Joshua's Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by cheango: 8:17am On Mar 05, 2021
Of recent, Hijab wearing in schools , has been generating a lot of heat.
In these world, we must not just believe what we are born into, we must find the truth ourselves.
Most Muslim said it is a command from God, so I did my research on it. At the end, I saw that Hijab is even used before Islam.Its a culture that saudi Arabia borrow from Syria and Iran , and everywhere Hijab is mentioned in the Qur'an it means Curtain, Partition, separation, Hide and Wall...Khimar in the Qur'an, is the related word to our today meaning of Hijab.

Allah only commanded us to be modest- and to cover our body, our shame, and our beauty..

The 3 main Quran verses people use for hijab are :

"O you Children of Adam! We have bestowed on you raiment to cover your shame as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness, that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition.” (Quran 7:26)

“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear therof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons, or their women or the servants whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex, and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers, turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss.” (Quran 24:31).

“O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.” (Quran 33:59).

As we can see from the above, No where in all these Qur'an verses, Hair, Head or face covering is specifically mentioned.
Interestingly, if we must follow any of these verses, we must cover all our body, cos all has beauty , not only the hair as is common here.

So in conclusion, Saudi used their cloth culture to obey what Allah said, and it doesn't mean we must use their culture too..The main thing is cover your body and be modest..
Remember God didn't create Textile/cloth, we human create it. So it shouldn't create war in Nigeria..
Remember your religion is as a result of your geographical location, no one is Superior, God created all of us, and He loves us all...PEACE
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 8:19am On Mar 05, 2021
grin
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by cashinnaira: 8:25am On Mar 05, 2021
Very useful. Allah bless you
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by ENGINEERG(m): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2021
So many things we humans, borrow into religion.. Just like the war christian close their eyes to pray, and use cross symbol,..its not in the bible, just human Creation
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by ENGINEERG(m): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2021
So many things we humans, borrow into religion.. Just like the way christian close their eyes to pray, and use cross symbol,..its not in the bible, just human Creation
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by otipoju(m): 4:37pm On Mar 05, 2021
ENGINEERG:
So many things we humans, borrow into religion.. Just like the war christian close their eyes to pray, and use cross symbol,..its not in the bible, just human Creation

Praying to God requires unflinching focus. Closing of eyes is the most practical way to avoid distraction from external stimulus while praying.
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
otipoju:

Praying to God requires unflinching focus. Closing of eyes is the most practical way to avoid distraction from external stimulus while praying.

So if you are being chased and you want to pray to God for an escape route you will close your eyes?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by otipoju(m): 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

So if you are being chased and you want to pray to God for an escape route you will close your eyes?

When you are being chased...what you need to keep doing is to run unless you are a fool. There is a time for everything...or so you open your eyes when you are sleeping?

Moreover since the aim of closing eyes during prayer is to focus, and avoid disthtraction, the danger of being chased is enoughfor you to focus on prayer while running

1 Like

Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2021
otipoju:

Nothing practical about closing your eyes when in public company. Those who do in fact train themselves to doing it hence revealing that it is instead a learned behaviour. And since no where in scripture did God(nor Jesus Christ) command any of His own to engage in such behaviour even for the reason you claim, the habit is just as meaningless as any other doctrine and rules/cultures of men as far as the belief is concerned.
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Mar 05, 2021
otipoju:

When you are being chased...what you need to keep doing is to run unless you are a fool. There is a time for everything...or so you open your eyes when you are sleeping?

Moreover since the aim of closing eyes during prayer is to focus, and avoid disthtraction, the danger of being chased is enough for you to focus on prayer while running
So you should not pray at all when you are being chased? undecided

You should always wait till when you are able to shut your eyes before you pray or consult God? undecided
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by otipoju(m): 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So you should not pray at all when you are being chased? undecided

You should always wait till when you are able to shut your eyes before you pray or consult God? undecided

You just want to be mischievous.
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2021
otipoju:

You just want to be mischievous.
You are the one being 'mischevious' , if anything.
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by otipoju(m): 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are the one being 'mischevious' , if anything.

Okay...a lot of things are not worth arguing over. You can do as you please.
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by enilove(m): 2:37am On Mar 06, 2021
cheango:

Of recent, Hijab wearing in schools , has been generating a lot of heat.
In these world, we must not just believe what we are born into, we must find the truth ourselves.
Most Muslim said it is a command from God, so I did my research on it. At the end, I saw that Hijab is even used before Islam.Its a culture that saudi Arabia borrow from Syria and Iran , and everywhere Hijab is mentioned in the Qur'an it means Curtain, Partition, separation, Hide and Wall...Khimar in the Qur'an, is the related word to our today meaning of Hijab.

Allah only commanded us to be modest- and to cover our body, our shame, and our beauty..

The 3 main Quran verses people use for hijab are :

"O you Children of Adam! We have bestowed on you raiment to cover your shame as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness, that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition.” (Quran 7:26)

“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear therof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons, or their women or the servants whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex, and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers, turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss.” (Quran 24:31).

“O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.” (Quran 33:59).

As we can see from the above, No where in all these Qur'an verses, Hair, Head or face covering is specifically mentioned.
Interestingly, if we must follow any of these verses, we must cover all our body, cos all has beauty , not only the hair as is common here.

So in conclusion, Saudi used their cloth culture to obey what Allah said, and it doesn't mean we must use their culture too..The main thing is cover your body and be modest..
Remember God didn't create Textile/cloth, we human create it. So it shouldn't create war in Nigeria..
Remember your religion is as a result of your geographical location, no one is Superior, God created all of us, and He loves us all...PEACE

You are right .
For the Muslim women , wearing of hijab was suggested by Umar .
Wearing it was man made . It has nothing to do with God .

THIS IS ITS ORIGIN B4 MUHAMMAD CLAIMED ALLAH REVEALED IT TO HIM :

Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْمَلِكِ بْنُ شُعَيْبِ بْنِ اللَّيْثِ، حَدَّثَنِي أَبِي، عَنْ جَدِّي، حَدَّثَنِي عُقَيْلُ بْنُ، خَالِدٍ عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ عُرْوَةَ بْنِ الزُّبَيْرِ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّ أَزْوَاجَ، رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم كُنَّ يَخْرُجْنَ بِاللَّيْلِ إِذَا تَبَرَّزْنَ إِلَى الْمَنَاصِعِ وَهُوَ صَعِيدٌ أَفْيَحُ وَكَانَ عُمَرُ بْنُ الْخَطَّابِ يَقُولُ لِرَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم احْجُبْ نِسَاءَكَ ‏.‏ فَلَمْ يَكُنْ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَفْعَلُ فَخَرَجَتْ سَوْدَةُ بِنْتُ زَمْعَةَ زَوْجُ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم لَيْلَةً مِنَ اللَّيَالِي عِشَاءً وَكَانَتِ امْرَأَةً طَوِيلَةً فَنَادَاهَا عُمَرُ أَلاَ قَدْ عَرَفْنَاكِ يَا سَوْدَةُ ‏.‏ حِرْصًا عَلَى أَنْ يُنْزِلَ الْحِجَابَ ‏.‏ قَالَتْ عَائِشَةُ فَأَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ الْحِجَابَ ‏.‏

A'isha reported that the wives of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to go out in the cover of night when they went to open fields (in the outskirts of Medina) for easing themselves. 'Umar b Khattab used to say:

Allah's Messenger, ask your ladies to observe veil, but Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) did not do that. So there went out Sauda, daughter of Zarn'a, the wife of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), during one of the nights when it was dark. She was a tall statured lady. 'Umar called her saying: Sauda, we recognise you. (He did this with the hope that the verses pertaining to veil would be revealed.) 'A'isha said: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, then revealed the verses pertaining to veil.

Sahih Muslim 2170 d
In-book : Book 39, Hadith 25
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 26, Hadith 5397  (deprecated)
Sahih Muslim

Muslims are just following a religion set up by Muhammad for his personal gain and evil ambitions .
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:18am On Mar 06, 2021
I once asked a cleric who said the hijab is part of what Christians should take seriously where this could be found in the Bible, ironically he quoted 1Corinthians 11!
Of course Paul surely said something about the covering of the head for women but what baffles me is the fact that this same cleric has always condemned Paul's letters due to what the Apostle wrote in one of his letters which stood as a stumbling block for any one who wants to consider Islam. Paul wrote "if anyone should PREACH any other thing to you apart from what you've heard from us, let such a person be ACCURSED" {Galatians 1:8} here Paul ruled out Islam completely because the Religion came much later and it teaches that Jesus is not the son of God which is the fundamental doctrine of Christianity! undecided
So i asked the cleric to cite somewhere else where the Bible mention anything closer in meaning to the hijab but there was none. That's why i concluded the hijab is just a form of dressing in some part of the earth not a rite! smiley
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 06, 2021
otipoju:

Moreover since the aim of closing eyes during prayer is to focus, and avoid disthtraction, the danger of being chased is enoughfor you to focus on prayer while running

So you can't run and pray to God for strength to outrun your chaser? What form of "Christians" are being bred in this country?! So I open my eyes while sleeping? Are you for real? So since I close my eyes while sleeping, then I should close my eyes while praying, right? Which means since I keep my mouth shut while sleeping, I should also shut my mouth while praying? Is that how you reason, or you're just trying to be funny. For the sake of everything sane, I hope not. The reason why you close your eyes while praying is to focus? So you close your eyes while reading the Bible too? Or you're telling me you're not focused while reading the Bible. By the way, how do you close your ears while praying? Cos the last time I checked one can be distracted by sound too.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by otipoju(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

So you can't run and pray to God for strength to outrun your chaser? What form of "Christians" are being bred in this country?! So I open my eyes while sleeping? Are you for real? So since I close my eyes while sleeping, then I should close my eyes while praying, right? Which means since I keep my mouth shut while sleeping, I should also shut my mouth while praying? Is that how you reason, or you're just trying to be funny. For the sake of everything sane, I hope not. The reason why you close your eyes while praying is to focus? So you close your eyes while reading the Bible too? Or you're telling me you're not focused while reading the Bible. By the way, how do you close your ears while praying? Cos the last time I checked one can be distracted by sound too.

You are free to do as you like...Nigeria una too like arguement and will never seek to understand what the person is saying.
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by 1Sharon(f): 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Logic! Lol.. I love this
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by DenreleDave(m): 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by compton11(m): 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2021
u are dumb,then also stop what Bible and jesus didn't command y'all.
Going to Church paying titles going to Jerusalem for pilgrim closing eyeing and so on
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by 1Sharon(f): 7:07pm On Mar 06, 2021
compton11:
u are dumb,then also stop what Bible and jesus didn't command y'all.

Going to Church
paying titles
going to Jerusalem for pilgrim
closing eyeing and so on

Lol is you mad?
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by compton11(m): 7:10pm On Mar 06, 2021
1Sharon:

Lol is you mad?
Na girl

u do something with evidence,where is the evidence if where Jesus command all what I wrote?
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by 1Sharon(f): 8:06pm On Mar 06, 2021
compton11:
Na girl

u do something with evidence,where is the evidence if where Jesus command all what I wrote?

How does this address the OP?

OP is right on the money that's why you're deflecting
Re: Hijab Is Used Before Islam. Its A Culture, It's Not From God. Let Peace Reign by compton11(m): 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2021
1Sharon:

How does this address the OP?

OP is right on the money that's why you're deflecting
what concerns OP with how Muslims dress?

(1) (Reply)

Former Assemblies Of God Church Nigeria General Superintendent Is Dead / Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo / The Days Of Noah Are Here( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.