Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems (12460 Views)

Bullets Won’t Solve Banditry — Adamu Garba / Presidency Won’t Be Handed To Igbos On A Platter In 2023 —yakassai / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by Jerryherd: 6:49am On Mar 06, 2021
Regional system is the solution
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by potent5(m): 6:49am On Mar 06, 2021
Don't mind Otti. He wants to sound like the efulefus like Umahi, Amaechi and the Supreme governor.
Anigreat:
shocked

.Did they say is going to solve the shithole problem?
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by Princedapace(m): 6:50am On Mar 06, 2021
Odoogu:
one of the fundamental structures is to follow through with the agreement made.... the power shift. let's start from there. any other interference is sentiments.

to be honest I don't think this country is beyond redemption.
We should acclaim for leaders, no more politicians.

Elections are rigged bro. And there is no way it will be stopped. Nigeria can not be fixed except we change our system of govt and hand over more powers to regions. That way, people will be forced to look at their regions for development than the center which is extremely far from them.
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by Whois(m): 6:50am On Mar 06, 2021
Let them rule to ensure fairness and unity
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by Chikarata2020(m): 6:53am On Mar 06, 2021
Every Igbo's should ask what have their 5 state governors done for them. So whether Igbo man rule or not naija don worwor be that

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by oneTIMEman(m): 6:55am On Mar 06, 2021
Oyes
The country has been bleeped
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 06, 2021
Tell them, tribal politics is never the solution to Nigerians problems, Good leadership is what guarantees our future development
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by airminem(f): 7:01am On Mar 06, 2021
Truth be told, NORTHERN Presidency has worsen NIgerias problem sad
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by Odoogu(m): 7:03am On Mar 06, 2021
Princedapace:

Elections are rigged bro. And there is no way it will be stopped. Nigeria can not be fixed except we change our system of govt and hand over more powers to regions. That way, people will be forced to look at their regions for development than the center which is extremely far from them.

well spoken. I only accentuated the point that, if an agreement as simple as it is of shifting power could be followed through, then changing a system of govt wouldn't be so hard.

I personally support the region governance or at least the autonomy of lga's

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by JuanJO(m): 7:03am On Mar 06, 2021
potent5:
Ọbịa!

Otti don join the Sabo gang.

He wants to sound stu.pid just so he can get the governorship of Abia state.

Fafafa fowl. Otti just kissed his governorship ambition goodbye.
Nonsense.
brother be calming down. We are our own problem. Last election suppose don humble you. Our Amiable leader said no one should vote and I personally didn't vote. Okezie ikpeazu was privilege enough to hold down the power for another 4 bad years. Make we dey use our head ooooo. Dis time I go come out vote for a better Abia. Stay safe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by SaintLucia: 7:05am On Mar 06, 2021
Igbo doesn't know how to play politics, they don't even know what they want in Nigeria. Yesterday Biafra, today president, tomorrow political appointments. Even the Almighty God don dropped and abandoned their FILE pending on when they all decided on what they want in Nigeria.
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by ofiko123(m): 7:06am On Mar 06, 2021
Let them know...
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by omoluka: 7:06am On Mar 06, 2021
I think the time is ripe to deamalgamate this failed contraption, separate the moderate, progressive and forward thinking people from the destructive ruthless backward savages .
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by lexy2014: 7:10am On Mar 06, 2021
Odoogu:
one of the fundamental structures is to follow through with the agreement made.... the power shift. let's start from there. any other interference is sentiments.

to be honest I don't think this country is beyond redemption.
We should acclaim for leaders, no more politicians.

U are "acclaiming" for leaders not politicians yet u want power shift. Will power shift produce leaders or politicians?

At what point was any agreement made on power shift? How does it solve Nigerias problems?
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by Kingrefreshed: 7:11am On Mar 06, 2021
Warripikine:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/igbo-presidency-wont-solve-nigerias-problems-alex-otti/

Nobody is talking about solving Nigerias problem. It's the turn of Igbo's to provide the next president you slowpoke.
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by kalu61(m): 7:12am On Mar 06, 2021
potent5:
Ọbịa!

Otti don join the Sabo gang.

He wants to sound stu.pid just so he can get the governorship of Abia state.

Fafafa fowl. Otti just kissed his governorship ambition goodbye.
Nonsense.
illitrates like you are the reason Biafra will not see the light of the day.

Now tell me, what did Oti say wrongly?
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 06, 2021
Oga wahala no dey finish na. undecided
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by Quality20(m): 7:18am On Mar 06, 2021
it would boost d ego.of d igbos
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by michoim(m): 7:22am On Mar 06, 2021
Correct talk
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by Odoogu(m): 7:33am On Mar 06, 2021
lexy2014:

U are "acclaiming" for leaders not politicians yet u want power shift. Will power shift produce leaders or politicians?

At what point was any agreement made on power shift? How does it solve Nigerias problems?

I believe it will be a catalyst for good leadership. "everyone" will be involved, nepotism will be almost at zero level, the rule of law will be more effective. no-one will insinuate the country belongs to me. every region would be considered. "your people" have to give a full consent first. it doesn't eliminate elections and democratic rules o.

I wasn't present when the agreement was made, but from all indications as to who seeds power in the coming elections it points to that effect.
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by CSTRR: 7:35am On Mar 06, 2021
Neither will a Yoruba presidency or a Fulani presidency.

But Peter obi presidency will be a great move towards progress.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by naijadrivablog: 7:36am On Mar 06, 2021
Restructuring will. I blame GEJ for not implementing the 2014 confab Report.
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by King44(m): 7:37am On Mar 06, 2021
The first step is to restructure how our election is being conducted.... I wish the Inec chairman could be like Jega.

Then restructure the country so it could address grassroot problems up to the Federal level.

State and local gvt should be given power and there should be check and balance

I see nothing wrong in Igbo presidency but if this country is not restructured it would be counter productive

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by igboarenice: 7:37am On Mar 06, 2021
CSTRR:
Neither will a Yoruba presidency or a Fulani presidency.

But Peter obi presidency will be a great move towards progress.
Talk another person.
Peter Obi is only liked in Igboland.
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by tishbite41(m): 7:38am On Mar 06, 2021
Odoogu:

could he have said this after his 8 years as the president?
Don't mind him.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by tishbite41(m): 7:39am On Mar 06, 2021
Igbos want Biafra. Simple!
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by AfonjaConehead: 7:41am On Mar 06, 2021
This is the kinda anti Igbo thread that will grace fro t page fora long time.
If it were other way round,back page!
And besides,he spoke about a lot of things,I don't know why the op chose to narrow on that
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by favor914: 7:43am On Mar 06, 2021
SmartPolician:
Mr Alex is right.

The structure of this country cannot allow anyone work well.

The first step any serious president must take in Nigeria is to restructure the entire system by getting the two houses involved.

How can someone be in Abuja and be making decisions for communities he has never been to before?

We need to decentralize power and take it back to the grassroots. LGAs need full autonomy to be more productive and there must be checks and balances.
The white man left it like that in the Macpherson Constitution, you ancestors complained they don’t want it like that, the Oyibo man’s way that works, they don’t want anything with the white man, they changed it (Obasanjo & Co) to what we have now, today their descendants are complaining?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by computergenii: 7:43am On Mar 06, 2021
abi
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by favor914: 7:47am On Mar 06, 2021
AfonjaConehead:
This is the kinda anti Igbo thread that will grace fro t page fora long time.
If it were other way round,back page!
And besides,he spoke about a lot of things,I don't know why the op chose to narrow on that
What is anti Igbo about the thread? All he just made you aware of, is that even if an Igbo man is made President, your life will not be any different be it Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba, one man can not solve Nigeria’s problem, President Buhari cannot even solve Katsina State’s problems before you speak of the whole Nigeria.
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by lexy2014: 7:49am On Mar 06, 2021
Odoogu:

I believe it will be a catalyst for good leadership. "everyone" will be involved, nepotism will be almost at zero level, the rule of law will be more effective. no-one will insinuate the country belongs to me. every region would be considered. "your people" have to give a full consent first. it doesn't eliminate elections and democratic rules o.

I wasn't present when the agreement was made, but from all indications as to who seeds power in the coming elections it points to that effect.

On d one hand u said u don't want politicians but leaders. On d other hand, u are advocating for power shift. D question which I asked is a straight forward one:

Will power shift produce leaders or politicians?

How will everyone be involved in power shift? How will "your people" give full consent for power consent? Is there any constitutional provision for this process?

How will power shift reduce nepotism to an almost zero level? Is power shift not nepotism? How will power shift make d rule of law more effective when it isn't even in d constitution?

U weren't there when d agreement was made but u have concluded that there's an agreement. I didn't ask if u were there. I asked at what point was an a power shift agreement made?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by favor914: 7:53am On Mar 06, 2021
lexy2014:

On d one hand u said u don't want politicians but leaders. On d other hand, u are advocating for power shift. D question which I asked is a straight forward one:

Will power shift produce leaders or politicians?

How will everyone be involved in power shift? How will "your people" give full consent for power consent? Is there any constitutional provision for this process?

How will power shift reduce nepotism to an almost zero level? Is power shift not nepotism? How will power shift make d rule of law more effective when it isn't even in d constitution?

U weren't there when d agreement was made but u have concluded that there's an agreement. I didn't ask if u were there. I asked at what point was an a power shift agreement made?

Don’t mind that one imaging like a child, fantasizing about an utopian society, who will conduct the transition to his imaginary nation? Isn’t it the same ageists corrupt minded people playing the game of politics today? Or he thinks they will come & consult his opinion in his house?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Leader Nigeria Needs (Opinion) / PDP National Spokesman Calls Amended Rivers Caretaker List Authentic / POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.