Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,252 members, 7,953,942 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:30 AM

Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems (12621 Views)

Bullets Won’t Solve Banditry — Adamu Garba / Presidency Won’t Be Handed To Igbos On A Platter In 2023 —yakassai / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by Odoogu(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2021
lexy2014:

On d one hand u said u don't want politicians but leaders. On d other hand, u are advocating for power shift. D question which I asked is a straight forward one:

Will power shift produce leaders or politicians?

How will everyone be involved in power shift? How will "your people" give full consent for power consent? Is there any constitutional provision for this process?

How will power shift reduce nepotism to an almost zero level? Is power shift not nepotism? How will power shift make d rule of law more effective when it isn't even in d constitution?

U weren't there when d agreement was made but u have concluded that there's an agreement. I didn't ask if u were there. I asked at what point was an a power shift agreement made?

the constitution isn't a sheet that fell from heaven. It was designed and constructed by people, with some certain measures. for instance, the antidote to nepotism as stipulated by constitution is Federal Character.... that isn't even judicial enough. another one is "cross carpeting" that is always at peak prior to elections, that is also allowed in the constitution etc.

what am trying to pass across is, if the constitution is being flagrant against, how do you expect the rule of law to be effective?
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by lexy2014: 12:48pm On Mar 06, 2021
Odoogu:

the constitution isn't a sheet that fell from heaven. It was designed and constructed by people, with some certain measures. for instance, the antidote to nepotism as stipulated by constitution is Federal Character.... that isn't even judicial enough. another one is "cross carpeting" that is always at peak prior to elections, that is also allowed in the constitution etc.

what am trying to pass across is, if the constitution is being flagrant against, how do you expect the rule of law to be effective?

U didn't answer any of d questions I asked:

On d one hand u said u don't want politicians but leaders. On d other hand, u are advocating for power shift. D question which I asked is a straight forward one:

Will power shift produce leaders or politicians?

How will everyone be involved in power shift? How will "your people" give full consent for power consent? Is there any constitutional provision for this process?

How will power shift reduce nepotism to an almost zero level? Is power shift not nepotism? How will power shift make d rule of law more effective when it isn't even in d constitution? How is federal character d antidote to nepotism?

U weren't there when d agreement was made but u have concluded that there's an agreement. I didn't ask if u were there. I asked at what point was an a power shift agreement made?
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by CSTRR: 3:06pm On Mar 06, 2021
And when I say popular, I don't mean been infamous.

For example, tinubu is very popular, but his popularity is not positive.
He is like atiku. Nationally known for corruption and greed.

Peter obi has the biggest positive popularity of any southern politician today.
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by KenModi(m): 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2021
Odoogu:
one of the fundamental structures is to follow through with the agreement made.... the power shift. let's start from there. any other interference is sentiments.

to be honest I don't think this country is beyond redemption.
We should acclaim for leaders, no more politicians.

The entity called Nigeria should have never existed but for the greed of the British and it is only a matter of time before this contraption is dissolved. Just time
Re: Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems by potent5(m): 7:12pm On Mar 06, 2021
kalu61:
Yes, an igbo presidency will not solve Nigerian problems. You ignorantly think an igbo president will do margic right?... and usher in new Nigeria. First of all the Igbo elites don't believe in your Biafra agitations like wise majority of igbos.

Alex Otti pointed out that except *RESTRUCTURING* nobody can solve Nigeria problems be it Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba presidency but however, that since SS and SW have all taken a short at the presidency that it's now the turn of SE since politicians believe in power rotation from North to South.

Lastly, Abia state problems and Nigeria problems are not the same.

Hope you are cleared.
Cleared like the weed you smoked, abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka / Jonathan Will Miss AFCON Final, Sends Delegation Instead / INEC Stopped People From Collecting PVC In Egor LGA, Edo State (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.