Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,150 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? (1550 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / No Matter The State Or Country, Never Trust A Mechanic To Change Your Oil Unsupe / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by blockgeek69(m): 11:22am On Mar 06, 2021
Hello fam,

I am about to purchase Tokunbo Honda accord 2010. I have heard a lot about running rigorous inspection on Nigerian used cars...

My question right now is that, do I still need to get a mechanic to run the same process of inspection for a Tokunbo car? Please advice and suggest a reliable mechanic too..

Thanks
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by gmacnoms(m): 12:40pm On Mar 06, 2021
blockgeek69:
Hello fam,

I am about to purchase Tokunbo Honda accord 2010. I have heard a lot about running rigorous inspection on Nigerian used cars...

My question right now is that, do I still need to get a mechanic to run the same process of inspection for a Tokunbo car? Please advice and suggest a reliable mechanic too..

Thanks
I really think you should. To avoid getting what will later trouble you. You can even engage gazzuzz to professionally engage you with the inspection. It is better to pay a token now, than to end up buying what will drain your account and psych

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by gmacnoms(m): 12:41pm On Mar 06, 2021
blockgeek69:
Hello fam,

Thanks
Most Tokunbo vehicles are accidentally, and had one issue or the other. Engage gazzuzz
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:40am On Mar 07, 2021
Run a Vin check cool
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by 234GT(m): 7:23am On Mar 07, 2021
I am planning to buy same car. I dont know why tokunbo evil spirit is very scarce in Ekiti here. Most dealers have muscle in abundance, but you hardly find any evil spirit.

The evil spirit is a better car than muscle, but Nigerians and toyota bandwagon is something else.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by computerglobal(m): 8:53am On Mar 07, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
Run a Vin check cool

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by ITbomb(m): 11:24am On Mar 07, 2021
Not just the usual throttle engine, check tyre and shock, leakage kind of check

For Tokunbo, also do VIN check and history
- if accidented, the extent of the damage (chassis, cooling, airbags, engine)
- if flooded, bigger issues later

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by blockgeek69(m): 8:53am On Mar 12, 2021
Thank you everyone for the response
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by peeps4u: 2:20pm On Mar 13, 2021
blockgeek69:
Hello fam,

Thanks

I think VIN check is better.
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by ejodachi: 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
234GT:
I am planning to buy same car. I dont know why tokunbo evil spirit is very scarce in Ekiti here. Most dealers have muscle in abundance, but you hardly find any evil spirit.

The evil spirit is a better car than muscle, but Nigerians and toyota bandwagon is something else.
People run from honda because of leg issue
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by ejodachi: 12:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
234GT:

But between the 2, which one is cheaper
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by 234GT(m): 3:12pm On Mar 14, 2021
ejodachi:

But between the 2, which one is cheaper

Evil spirit is cheaper because there is little demand for it, and leg issue does not affect evil spirit.

I have used my babyboy for 7 years without leg issues.
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by lovetterrison(m): 6:20pm On Mar 14, 2021
234GT:

Evil spirit is cheaper because there is little demand for it, and leg issue does not affect evil spirit.

I have used my babyboy for 7 years without leg issues.

I keep wondering why this car is cheap also with the way it was built huge and so much design.. at a point I got scared maybe the car frustrates with maintenance or there is a huge issue with the car that why people don’t patronize it much and why it’s sold cheaper am still yet to get a solid reason why people no dei rush dat car despite being affordable and luxury
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by okoroemeka(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
whatever you do avoid a car with flood damage, especially sea water damage from coastal cities in America,this flood damage vehicle can make you seek spiritual salvation because the salt in the wires will cause problems that no rewire could trace talkless of repair,I am currently driving an Acura RL that is similarly affected,Ac can come on when the headlights are switched on,and other small problems that are located deep in the cars soul,that I just left it as it is,
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by 234GT(m): 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
lovetterrison:

I keep wondering why this car is cheap also with the way it was built huge and so much design.. at a point I got scared maybe the car frustrates with maintenance or there is a huge issue with the car that why people don’t patronize it much and why it’s sold cheaper am still yet to get a solid reason why people no dei rush dat car despite being affordable and luxury

There is phobia for Honda in the south, but up north, Honda is very much loved.
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by tosomaju(m): 8:38am On Mar 15, 2021
234GT:

Majorly due to the road condition and over crowed cities in the South. Honda is better in a smooth highway.
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by lovetterrison(m): 9:45am On Mar 15, 2021
234GT:

Oh I see but I don’t care about brand as far as it serves it purpose and doesn’t frustrate with unnecessary maintenance
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:30am On Mar 15, 2021
lovetterrison:

Oh I see but I don’t care about brand as far as it serves it purpose and doesn’t frustrate with unnecessary maintenance
the car no get issue.na nice ride ,most pple just prefer muscle.but I prefer evil spirit,its used alot in Abuja.south south prefer toyotas.evil spirt is a solid machine unlike muscle
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by lovetterrison(m): 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
the car no get issue.na nice ride ,most pple just prefer muscle.but I prefer evil spirit,its used alot in Abuja.south south prefer toyotas.evil spirt is a solid machine unlike muscle

You right on point bro.. I reside in Abuja and I see a lot of it .. planning to get one sha and have watch countable YouTube videos and online reviews .. I want the 4plug engine 2011 or 2012 .. I just love the car .. someone sometimes on nairaland Said avoid the v6 engine and is it R20 I don’t know what that means
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:40pm On Mar 15, 2021
lovetterrison:

You right on point bro.. I reside in Abuja and I see a lot of it .. planning to get one sha and have watch countable YouTube videos and online reviews .. I want the 4plug engine 2011 or 2012 .. I just love the car .. someone sometimes on nairaland Said avoid the v6 engine and is it R20 I don’t know what that means
just get the 4plugs and make better mech check am well for you.if you love-vendor the car well e dey resemble sports car
Re: I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? by lovetterrison(m): 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
just get the 4plugs and make better mech check am well for you.if you love-vendor the car well e dey resemble sports car

Thanks might go to Kano or kaduna to get a clean deal

(1) (Reply)

BETWEEN Golf3,honda Bullet And Nissan Almeria Which Should I Buy? / Can You Tell What Car This Is? / Please With About 1.6 Million Naira, Which Foreign Used Jeep Can I Get?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.