Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

How Did Judasi Died? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Judasi Died? (838 Views)

"I Was In The Same Taxi With My Aunt Who Died Years Ago" - South African Lady / Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Judasi Died? by compton11(m): 7:01pm On Mar 06, 2021
pls house,how did judasi died?
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by harmargedon: 8:23pm On Mar 06, 2021
compton11:
pls house,how did judasi died?
judasi?
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by compton11(m): 9:00pm On Mar 06, 2021
harmargedon:
judasi?
judas,how did he die?
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by harmargedon: 11:15pm On Mar 06, 2021
compton11:
judas,how did he die?
he hung himself in front of the chief priest family tomb. And in Jewish tradition, that tomb has been desecrated that is the dead will never rest in peace. This was a way to pay him back for the betrayal he felt at that time.
Judas felt betrayed because he never knew that the whole drama would go beyond the Jews not knowing that the chief priest caiaphas had other plans. And he knew very well that the people loved yeshua (Jesus) at that time. Judas saw it as a win-win situation for him.
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by Monogamy: 6:41am On Mar 07, 2021
Na dead kill him... undecided
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by hakeem4(m): 7:02am On Mar 07, 2021
One part of the bible said he tied a rope to a tree and hung himself. While another part said he jumped down and his bowels came out.

I can’t remember these part of the bible they came from
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 07, 2021
Suicide!!!
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by Lighthouse50: 9:11am On Mar 07, 2021
harmargedon:
he hung himself in front of the chief priest family tomb. And in Jewish tradition, that tomb has been desecrated that is the dead will never rest in peace. This was a way to pay him back for the betrayal he felt at that time.
Judas felt betrayed because he never knew that the whole drama would go beyond the Jews not knowing that the chief priest caiaphas had other plans. And he knew very well that the people loved yeshua (Jesus) at that time. Judas saw it as a win-win situation for him.
be deceiving yourelf. He fell headlong as claimed by peter who was an eye witness according to Acts 1 vs 18
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by harmargedon: 9:14am On Mar 07, 2021
Lighthouse50:

be deceiving yourelf. He fell headlong as claimed by peter who was an eye witness according to Acts 1 vs 18
which of the Peter? is it the one who was with Jesus and denied him or the one who ran away. Peter Never witnessed anything, only his own betrayal. Even the Jewish books have it clearly that he hung himself. Make your research before you respond to people's comment.
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by tstx(m): 9:21am On Mar 07, 2021
Google
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by Lighthouse50: 9:23am On Mar 07, 2021
harmargedon:
which of the Peter? is it the one who was with Jesus and denied him or the one who ran away. Peter Never witnessed anything, only his own betrayal. Even the Jewish books have it clearly that he hung himself. Make your research before you respond to people's comment.
where did peter run to?? Luke the physician made a thorough research from eyewitness to confirm all that happened from birth of christ to death. After research He compiled them. Luke who also wrote acts of apostles never said judas hanged himself. I wonder the research you want to make now compared to luke who met with eye witness.
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by harmargedon: 9:31am On Mar 07, 2021
Lighthouse50:

where did peter run to?? Luke the physician made a thorough research from eyewitness to confirm all that happened from birth of christ to death. After research He compiled them. Luke who also wrote acts of apostles never said judas hanged himself. I wonder the research you want to make now compared to luke who met with eye witness.

Re: How Did Judasi Died? by compton11(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
harmargedon:
but act1:15-17 was telling us another story about his death

And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

Act 1 v
16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by harmargedon: 2:16pm On Mar 07, 2021
compton11:
but act1:15-17 was telling us another story about his death

And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

Act 1 v
16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

let us look at it this way. if someone falls, do they have their bowels gushing out? Luke saw what he saw, but the fact remains that Judas’ dead body hung in the hot sun of Jerusalem, and the bacteria inside his body would have been actively breaking down tissues and cells. A byproduct of bacterial metabolism is often gas. The pressure created by the gas forces fluid out of the cells and tissues and into the body cavities. The body becomes bloated as a result. In addition, tissue decomposition occurs compromising the integrity of the skin. Judas’ body was similar to an overinflated balloon: as he hit the ground (due to the branch he hung on or the rope itself breaking), the skin easily broke, and he burst open with his internal organs spilling out.
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by harmargedon: 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
[quote author=harmargedon post=99676502][/quote]Judas’ dead body hung in the hot sun of Jerusalem, and the bacteria inside his body would have been actively breaking down tissues and cells. A byproduct of bacterial metabolism is often gas. The pressure created by the gas forces fluid out of the cells and tissues and into the body cavities. The body becomes bloated as a result. In addition, tissue decomposition occurs compromising the integrity of the skin. Judas’ body was similar to an overinflated balloon: as he hit the ground (due to the branch he hung on or the rope itself breaking), the skin easily broke, and he burst open with his internal organs spilling out. unless you've seen someone who had his bowels out from a fall, for me I haven't. That's the fact.
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
Lighthouse50:

How in the world did you come to the conclusion that Luke did what you call a "through research from eyewitness"? Is it because Luke was listed as a physician that you choose to believe this? undecided
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by budaatum: 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How in the world did you come to the conclusion that Luke did what you call a "through research from eyewitness"? Is it because Luke was listed as a physician that you choose to believe this? undecided

For a person who claims to believe their Bible, I often wonder if you read it or understand what you read.

1 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
Luke 1 New International Version (NIV)
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:

For a person who claims to believe their Bible, I often wonder if you read it or understand what you read.

1 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
Luke 1 New International Version (NIV)
I never said I don't what Luke said of himself. undecided

My question was to the one who only Luke did a thorough research of events before penning down. Are we assume to only those writers who said that they did such, did indeed do a thorough research of the sort? If so, should we not through out all of the other books of the Bible since the authors did not give a similar report for to inform us. undecided
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by budaatum: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I never said I don't what Luke said of himself. undecided

My question was to the one who only Luke did a thorough research of events before penning down. Are we assume to only those writers who said that they did such, did indeed do a thorough research of the sort? If so, should we not through out all of the other books of the Bible since the authors did not give a similar report for to inform us. undecided

The person you responded to never said Luke was the only one who did his research.

So, be responsible for your own silly assumptions instead of accusing others of them!
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:

The person you responded to never said Luke was the only one who did his research.

So, be responsible for your own silly assumptions instead of accusing others of them!
If you read his comment, you would understand that his stance seems to be that Luke's account is the most authentic but according to him, Luke's account is well researched, suggesting the account of the writers wasn't. undecided
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by budaatum: 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If you read his comment, you would understand that his stance seems to be that Luke's account is the most authentic but according to him, Luke's account is well researched, suggesting the account of the writers wasn't. undecided

Fact is, he got it from Luke who claimed he "carefully investigated everything from the beginning", and not because Luke was a physician, as you claim.
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:
Fact is, he got it from Luke who claimed he "carefully investigated everything from the beginning", and not because Luke was a physician, as you claim.
That may be your fact, but may not be his fact. I prefer to wait on him to explain himself instead. undecided
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by budaatum: 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That may be your fact, but may not be his fact. I prefer to wait on him to explain himself instead. undecided

You may wait all you want or just admit you assumed wrongly.
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by Lighthouse50: 6:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
read luke 1 vs 1 to 6
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
Lighthouse50:
read luke 1 vs 1 to 6
Oh, you believe Luke did thorough research because Luke said so? undecided
Do you also believe that Matthew, John, and Mark did not thoroughly research because they did not include a line stating something similar to what Luke said in their own write-ups? undecided
Re: How Did Judasi Died? by budaatum: 7:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Oh, you believe Luke did thorough research because Luke said so? undecided
Do you also believe that Matthew, John, and Mark did not thoroughly research because they did not include a line stating something similar to what Luke said in their own write-ups? undecided

Not only did Matthew, John, and Mark not do the research, Matthew, John, and Mark did not write the Gospels that bear their names as you will find if you do your own research, and even Luke's authorship is disputed.

Ref: https://zondervanacademic.com/blog/who-wrote-gospels

(1) (Reply)

The Painful Mistake Of A Young Prophet (True Story) / ` / Technology Project For Christians Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.